• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Battle : Charizard vs Greymon

wich one do you like better?

• pokemon

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • digimon

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • neither

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • bith

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    now think back to wargreymon that all of his armors and weapons are made out of some sort of steel and steel is very very quick to melt!
    WarGreymon's armor is actually made of "Chrome Digizoid," which is an armor found in the Digital World. Its strength can't be measured, and can't be broken by any normal means. Digimon protected by this armor supposedly can't be injured in a normal battle.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
  • WarGreymon's armor is actually made of "Chrome Digizoid," which is an armor found in the Digital World. Its strength can't be measured, and can't be broken by any normal means. Digimon protected by this armor supposedly can't be injured in a normal battle.
    i mean by "heat" not "hit" (and lol that rhymes)

Years
  • I don't know why Digimon didn't take off, but I do like Pokemon better. I think they did a poor job marketing, but they completely failed to thrive.

Incidentally, I am having a tough time finding Digimon cards at reasonable prices. Everyone on eBay seems to want a lot of money for them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    WarGreymon's armor is actually made of "Chrome Digizoid," which is an armor found in the Digital World. Its strength can't be measured, and can't be broken by any normal means. Digimon protected by this armor supposedly can't be injured in a normal battle.

That is just mostly made up by Digimon fans !
    Chrome Digizoid is strong metal in Digital world , Not in human world ! The strongest metal in Digital world is Chrondigizoit however the strongest material in Digital world is Huanglong Ore.
    Its even stupid to compare real object to Digital object because the Real world is make off so many complicated matter that scientist only able to came up with theories.
    Specially since Chrome Digizoid is just made off Data and Data is easy to modify.

consider this:
    according to pokemon mystery dungeon red/blue rescue team a wild charizard an melt a mountain with a single flamethrower.
    (flamethrower's power is 90)
    now double that cause this is a trained charizard which defeatd a blastoise and we use blast burn
    (blast burn's power is 150)
    now even double that because he mega evolved!
    now think back to wargreymon that all of his armors and weapons are made out of some sort of steel and steel is very very quick to melt!
    that means even a simple flamethrower of a wild charizard could make him sooooo defenseless let alone blast burn of a trained mega charizard (i think the seond one would turn him into ashes)

Can you Source this ?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, this is getting out of hand... The Death Battle presented evidence for its outcome, and you might or might not accept it, but the atmosphere in this thread is kind of bleak.

So: LET'S MAKE IT WORST!!
    At least for myself, that is. I just don't like seeing so much negativity from something that should be fun. So, I am going to give my opinion about some statements in the thread. Like'em, hate,em or rage'em, if you want, but I can promise that they won't favor either side.

Also, I'm going to base myself around the end of the video, since it is there that they present their reasoning to the results of the fight.

But first of all:
    Alfieri says:

Yeah, you should stay away from the manga.

First Point:

King Elizabello says:

I want to desagree with this. Both have good games and while the digimon anime is good, it's english variant tried to focus a lot on Tai, trying to make him compete with Ash. The Pokemon anime has also began to get better. Giving Ash a possible relationship with Serena and a fantastic team.

Also, digimon has Two types of games: The "Story" and the "World" variants. Every Digimon game that cam to the west, except for the PS1 games, are Story games (To my knowledge).

Honestly, whether digimon or pokemon have better games/anime is up to personal preference, let's just not go full fanboy about it.

Second Point:
    Xin ZhaoYun

Actually, the name comes from an ability of Samus Aran in the Metroid franchise. I don't think that they do this to screw with people, since they usually have gigantic arguments in their office over these battles, and even they are fans of the characters that fight each other.

Third Point:
    KorpiklaaniVodka says:

If you saw it and didn't like it then that's fine, but I don't think you should say it's bad, unless you want to start an argument against fanboys. Instead, try saying that you just didn't like it. You don't have to listen to me, but that's my advice.
    It's his own opinion. It's not always about wanting to start a fight

Fourth Point
    Astinus says:

I liked your reasoning, but this made it look biased. I don't think that Pokemon evolve just by getting strong, since in the games there is the happiness mechanic and the Poke-amie. Also, I think it's portrayed in the anime: pokemon evolving because of their trust and friendship with their trainer.
    Agreed
    BONUS!
    Astinus says:

Don't be so harsh on poor Arceus. Life is already hard enough ever since the Helix showed up and stole it's place as an almighty god.

Fifth Point:
    Famon says;

There is no confirmation of just how powerful Gaia Force actually is, however I don't think that they based their reasoning on the power of the attack itself but rather in WarGreymon's own power, which is ridiculous.
    I mean, For MetalGreymon, Wargreymon's pre-evolution, the wiki states: "MetalGreymon's offensive power is said to equal that of a single nuclear warhead, and if the likes of a low-level Digimon suffered that blow, it would be annihilated without leaving a trace."
    WarGreymon's own wiki intro states:"it has rapidly improved its speed and power, and it is likely impossible to defeat it with the attacks of an Ultimate Digimon." So yeah, that's just absurd.

The same logic applies to Pokemon, whereas Charmeleon's Fire Blast is weaker than Charizard's.

I do admit that the part about Pokemon needing command was nonsensical, since Pokemon are still animals and they should be able to fight on instinct.
    I suppose that their instinct is 2 obey their trainer when caught
    Sixth Point:
    Sharzin says:

I CAN counter that, my dear friend!

1- That's true. During their stay in the real world, the Digimon weren't that helpful. However, it was also kind of cute and funny seeing them put of place like that. And if you see the prologue at the end of season two, Agumon actually becomes Tai;s working partner (he look so cute in a suit!).

2- I don't think that's reason enough to base an argument on. The point on digimon designs compared to Pokemon deisign is also based around personal preference, so there really isn't much to argue about. You either like the over-design or you don't.
    I actually the like both the over design of digimon and the more simple design of pokemon.

3- The Digimon anime doesn't present any kind of strategy, at least not that I'm aware of, however the Digimon Games do require strategizing and concentration, especially against foes that constantly give you status effects.

4-About world ending scenarios in kids' shows... Both series have ridiculous world ending scenarios. Besides the vampire taking over a city stuff, there was also a train that almost destroyed a city, an anti-virus that almost obliterates humanity and an entire WORLD falling on top of Japan. You already noted some dangerous Pokemon scenarios in your original post, so I'll leave it at that.

5- See, not necessarily. Advances in technology have brought about Virtual Simulation and Holographic projection. Who knows? One day we might be able to create matter infused data or vice versa. It's still make-believe, but so is genetically engineering pokemon.
    And robofying Bugs, creating pokemon in cyber space, and dream world
    6- Besides creeping the heck out of me, ghost pokemon are dead souls of both people and pokemon. But digimon can always come back as a digiegg. So, in a sense, neither is ever really gone.

Seventh Point:
    LET ME COUNTER YOUR COUNTER WITH MY COUNTER... for a second time...
    Sharzin also said:

Remember that the Red portrayed in the death battle is the one from the video games(and the origins anime). Even if he was physically stronger than Tai(which he has to be, not only since he's older but also since he carries that bagpack), This Red is in no way prepared for a fight. Judging from the world of Pokemon, people don't usually fight each other, and those who do usually reside in dojos or train at the mountains, so I don't think he could fight, much less be ready for a sucker punch.

Also, They never really state that Pokemon are mindless beast. I do still think that Charizard should have been able to fight for himself. They portray him more clueless than mindless.

BONUS!:
    Kameken:

I assume you like DBZ. The only thing I can tell you is that they presented evidence for their judgement and that they don't want to annoy people, because if they really wanted to do that then they could simply do something incredibly stupid like argue that Mario can't be defeated because he had extra lives or that Link lost because he didn't have enough hearts. I don't think this'll change your mind, but at least I tried.

Eight Point:

Ok... Whoever was it that came up with that was in a losing argument. :|

Wow.. you read all of that... Cool, thanks.

Sorry about the names. I did add them, but if you want to go to that person's profile you're going to have to look them up. I am still getting used to the forums so I don't really know much about it.

So that's all of my thoughts. At no point did I ever try to offend someone, so if I did I apologize. Let's just stop this bickering, or at least let's have an unbiased bickering, wouldn't that be nicer?

We can have unbiased conversations of course
    The thing 4 me, I just can't get into Digimon. It always seemed meh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    you mean take a screenshot? then you have to wait a loooong time cuz for doing so i need to play the game all over again

If that's true that Charizard flamethrower should able destroy a building like this -

Death Battle : Charizard vs Greymon

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Plus , Pokemon are like The HULK !
    The angrier they get , the more powerful they become.
    Its mentioned in Pokedex and Anime .
    For example : Its Typhlosion get angry then anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Both because I grew up with them (and liked them) and I don't care about the debating on which is better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The main problem is determining a Digimon size in a battle .
    For example : Suppose we put Ash-Greninja against Omegamon .
    Omegamon is a holy knight Digimon who's weak against Dark , Unholy and negative power So Greninja can damage him with Dark Pulse .
    However The problem is , How Big is Omegamon compare to Ash-Greninja ?
    In the game , Omegamon is as big as a Golurk !
    Spoiler:

However In Tri series , Omegamon is bigger then a Stadium !
    In Hunter series , Omegamon was as tall as Omega-shoutamon who also big as Golurk. However , Hunter series made WarGreymon bigger even though he was human-sized in Adventure 01 & 02 .
    I mean , What is this ?
    Is This Digimon Animators way of making Digimon superior then Pokemon by making every Digimon build-sized since Digimon doesn't have a specific size ?

Back