• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When did you get your second Pokemon you actually kept?(B&W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Honestly I don't think the wild Pokemon you run into/given to you are worth keeping in your party.

I have Pokemon White and I started with Oshawott and none of the Pokemon up until Route 4 (The route after Castelia) were worth keeping. Right now I only have a Dewott and a Darumaka, with my Watchog HMmule. I'm just curious as to everyone else's thoughts about this.
    I'm not one who catches a Pokemon that I level up and don't keep in my party for good unless its for the Elite Four and I need a change.

What does everyone else think?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I kept Simisage up until the Elite Four and then switched it out. I think Tympole was my first one that I added to my party, then Blitzle, then Cubchoo, then Rufflet.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I was thinking about getting Blitzle but I've seen/heard that Galvantula or Elektross were better depending on the way your team is built.
    I tried lvling a Tympole when I had Tepig as my starter but he just seemed so weak.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Mine would be route 4. It is where I caught my Darumaka and my Sandile both of which I kept through the E4 . I had a pansear but he was sucking it up so I dumped him.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    My second was Panpour which is a Lv24 Simipour now, but it still sucks and I'm going to replace it ASAP with the Water tortoise fossil Pokemon.

So I guess my second was Drilbur.

Years
  • Well, besides Tepig (my starter), the first that I actually continued using up until the end (not including my Blitzle/Zebstrika cause towards the later half of the game, I used him more as a revive slave) would have been Drilbur/Excadrill.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I caught a Deerling, tinking it was going to be awesome, but it wasn't, so I abandoned it. The next thing I had was an Unfezant, and it kept failing me in battle. Darmanitan was awesome, but I replaced it with a Chandelure since Candelure is , in opinion, better. The other one was Stoutland, which got replaced by Mienfoo, but Stoutland is really good! I replaced Unfezant with Haxorus and Sawsbuck with Elektross.

I think some Pokemon are definitely worth keeping for a while, but if something better comes up and you really want it on your team, I'd replace it.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • I caught a Purrloin and I kept it cause I thought it looked cool and I like dark pokemon.. I kind of regret it, Liepard kind of sucks.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I caught a Lillipup on Route 1, but took him out of my party around the 3rd/4th gym. The next pokemon I got that I kept was my Panpour, Monagua. I kept him until after I beat the E4, so he's now a Lv47 Panpour (I hate, hate, HATE the monkey trios' evolutions, so I don't plan on evolving any of them.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was thinking about getting Blitzle but I've seen/heard that Galvantula or Elektross were better depending on the way your team is built.
    I tried lvling a Tympole when I had Tepig as my starter but he just seemed so weak.

Yeah I'm tempted by Eelecktross a lot, but I just love Zebstrika's design so much more, haha.

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
    Years
  • My 2nd?
    Hm.

Well, the only one that I kept up til the E4 was either my Sandile which eventually evolved into Krookodile or my Yamask which eventually evoled into Cofagrigus.

They both had helpful natures & characteristics so I didn't want to get rid of them hahah.

Years
  • Tympole, outside Pinwheel Forest. I only used it over Carracosta because I didn't want to have to wait so long for a second Pokémon (which would have been Sandile)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Um hmm. Well I used Samuwott up until after the Elite 4/N before I replaced it with Terrakion. My second Pokemon I kept was the Fire Monkey but I abandoned it at level 45 (so the 6th Gym for me) so I could start training an Axew.

So I guess the first and second Pokemon that I caught which are still currently in my party would have to be Scraggy and Sigilyph.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • I caught a Drilbur in Wellspring cave that is now an Excadrill. I used it for the first Elite Four and the ramatches.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i caught lillipup on route 1 and it is still in my team even after the battle with N and is now preparing to fight ghetsis

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The first Pokemon I kept after Oshawott was my lovley Woobat, who is part of my final team <3 I had a tough decision between Woobat and Solosis, but by choosing Woobat I could have a six-party team instead of my usual five-party team.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    For Black, it was my Purrloin. Biggest mistake of any of my Pokémon games. Liepard has horrible movepool (or at least with attacks it can, well, actually learn before the E4) and does NOT pull its own weight... ended up replacing with Reshiram. :/

For White, it was the Deino & Mienfoo that I bred and transferred over. =P

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • When I ran into my Petitlil in the wild. It's now an HP-sucking Liligant! :D

I love my Liligant! :D I still have it in my team - one of the best in there.

Anyways, getting back on track... ^^;

My 2nd pokemon originally was patrat, but i took him out after the 2nd gym because i needed more benefiting types T_T (normal types dont get enough credit imo) but Blitzle is still with me (had him in my team since I caught him). Although I'm thinking of switching him out for another pokemon - havent beaten the game yet, so I haven't established my true team D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back