• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When did you get your second Pokemon you actually kept?(B&W)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    I actually caught a Lillipup on Route 1 and have kept it on my team. I like to catch my pokemon fairly early so I can immediately start building a nice solid team for gym battles.

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
  • I started out with Tepig. Tepig is a Fighting/Fire dual type when evolved, so it was the most useful starter since it could wipe out all those Purrloins, Lillipups, Patrats, and bug types.

The second Pokemon I kept was from the Dreamyard. My Munna had good special attack, and the learnset was pretty beast. Munna learns Psybeam pretty early into the game! It can learn Nightmare, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Psychic later on. My advice is to NOT evolve a Munna till it learns everything. Musharna cannot learn moves if evolved too quickly.

The third Pokemon I kept was a Sewaddle I found in the inner part of Pinwheel Forest. Sewaddle is really useful against Dark, Psychic, and grass types. When I raised it to become a Leavanny, it easily became one of the most powerful Pokemon in my bunch. Even though it does have a lot of weaknesses, it is pretty damn useful.

The fourth was a Seismitoad (evolved from Tympole found on the outer part of Pinwheel Forest where the nurse trainer is). Dual water-ground type. Enough said. It's great to invest in one, there won't be a time where you would be dumb enough to use it against a grass type anyway.

The fifth was a Ducklett from the Driftveil Bridge, which I used mainly as an HM slave (Surf, Fly, Dive, etc)

The sixth I kept was a Haxorus.

And...the monkey are pretty darn useless, lmao! I would rather use my Leaf Stone on another Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    This thread hasn't been posted in for five years. Please check the date of the last post in a thread before replying, to make sure that you're not posting in an old thread. If you want to discuss this topic again, you can make a new thread yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back