• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - August 2015

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=346937]Pokémon Citrite Version[/URL]

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333361]Pokémon Sinnoh Legacy[/URL]

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345979]Mirage Of Tales: The Ages of Faith[/URL]

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Hack of the Month Voting - August 2015

Hack of the Month Voting - August 2015

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible hacks

• Pokémon Citrite Version by Nick
      IOjDW93.png
      HfPdgwg.png
      dOK2oT9.png
    • Pokémon Sinnoh Legacy by kearnseyboy6
      19_zpscz4jlwpc.png
      20_zpsot5h6kdi.png
      Pokemon%20-%20Fire%20Red_zpstnwftbna.png
    • Mirage Of Tales: The Ages of Faith by avaramoon
      314qioj.png
      2yu0d8j.png
      auy4h.png

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
    • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thrilled that AOF is in the running for this month's HOTM, totally made my day! And alongside two fantastic projects too, good luck Nick and kearnseyboy6! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I'm going to vote for Mirage of Tales I like the concept and the setting of the hack. The others are fantastic hacks as well, Mirage of Tales just stood out the most for me.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Pokemon Citrite had a poor graphic style, I don't really like the style used. Sinnoh Legacy looks amazing, but the problem is the concept, aren't very original. Mirage of Tales are an amazing concept, is very original, not have a spectacular graphics, but looks ok with the thematic.

My vote is for Mirage of Tales

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hmm... It's a tough decision. I really enjoyed playing Citrite, but Mirage of Tales looks like it could be a really engaging game to play. Sinnoh Legacy looks nice, but I'm not really a fan of the modified Platinum story (I would've preferred a classic remake). I think I will be giving my vote to Mirage of Tales because it looks like a game I would actually consider playing right now.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I looked at the details of each and from what I see, Pokemon Sinnoh Legacy has an interesting concept behind it, one I've been fond of in theory and it seems like it is being executed well. Mirage of Tales has a lot of work into it and those features are amazing like the character selection. Pokemon Citrite has the story but doesn't support as many features than the other two. I am more interested in the Pokemon Sinnoh Legacy storyline and that is why I chose it. Mirage of Tales is doing awesome work though and will surely do well in this competition.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Vote Mirage of Tales for sure. Very unique hack with its roman medieval theme, i hope the storyline/region is as expansive and intriguing as its setting. i think more of such hacks should be supported rather than the "been there done that" cliche hacks nowadays.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm happy to see Citrite on the plate for HotM, but as far as what counts to the players (graphics), it's certainly not ready. I just hope the RH mods are kind enough not to push it into the Hacks Studio until I update the graphics a good bit, as I'll be mapping/scripting the whole game (not including postgame) before I work on that. :s

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    I vote Mirage of Tales.

Its an unique hack, probably the only one of its kind related to the Pokemon series. Instead of resorting to the same old cliche as everyone else, Avara promises us an intriguing adventure and storyline set in a medieval-looking timeline. It deserves all my endorse for thinking outside of the box and expanding on the wonderful world that is Pokemon. That being said, big and challenging projects like these are often times riddled with lots of problems and limitations that challenge the patience and the will to go on of the authors... every time I encounter a good hack, I worry that will happen. I leave this as a reminder that, no matter what you do, there's always someone out there eager to see your results.

Keep up the good work Avara, I wish you the best of luck (and patience) to finish your project! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Mirage of Tales FTW. Avara's hack, from my perspective, is basically what other hacks should aspire to be - completely original and a breath of fresh air, compared to the repetitive catch all Pokemon/beat all Gym Leaders/fight and defeat evil team story. The story sounds interesting, the graphics and features seem pretty cool, and again, it's completely original.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Definitely Mirage of Tales since it has something very different and changed some critical game elements. The creator was very brave and creative to come up with such an idea.

Back