• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights At Freddy's 3: The Freddening

Who's the scariest animatronic?

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • 285753-h1.jpg

Just yesterday, Five Nights At Freddy's 3 was teased and confirmed.

"Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is in production! Please do not email me asking any questions about it; NO questions about FNaF3 will be read or answered!"
    -Scott Games

With no information to go on, and only a very cryptic, poorly lit image of what I can assume is Golden Freddy, all we can do for now is play the speculation game! So, are you excited? Where and when do you think the game will take place? And do you think they'll do something way different or more of the same? So many unanswered questions, so little time!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I feel like they are completely milking this thing. Good on the creator(s) for seeing demand and attempting to supply though!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I feel like they are completely milking this thing. Good on the creator(s) for seeing demand and attempting to supply though!
    As long as it's good I won't complain. I mean the second one came out alright. I assume he probably already had his plan for the third entry before releasing the second. Especially with all the hidden lore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Didn't the second one just come out?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Didn't the second one just come out?
    If by just you mean almost 2 months ago, yes. But this is just a teaser and an announcement, no date yet. This one might actually have a longer dev time, now that he is established as more than a one hit wonder.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    There's actually a storyline with the two games so far, and the storyline isn't complete yet. The first game seemed to be the last in the line, the second one was the prequel to that, but we're missing the place where all of this started. So I'm guessing that this will take place in the first pizzeria.

And if you don't know about the storyline:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Believable and interesting as those videos always are, it's just a theory, a game theory. :P MattPat's videos always makes me think deeper about the origin and stories of games, but just as I don't actually believe people are Pokemon, or that Cloud was the one who caused Aerith's death rather than Sephiroth, even though those videos were also backed up well with a lot of evidence and good points, I don't really believe that the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's intended for it to be more than jumpscares in a creepy Chuck E. Cheese setting and atmosphere. At best, they kept the story rather vague so you can interpret it any way you like, as many fans have.

If they actually based their game off of the Nathan Dunlap murders and took the time and effort to insert all the little clues that alluded to it, then kudos to them, really - but as compelling as the FNaF videos were, to me it's not so much "cannon" as just MattPat creating an elaborative, convincing theory out of very little information as usual.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Something just occurred to me... That Golden Freddy, if that's what it is, has eyes... Which means it has a chassis...

Yukari

Believable and interesting as those videos always are, it's just a theory, a game theory. :P MattPat's videos always makes me think deeper about the origin and stories of games, but just as I don't actually believe people are Pokemon, or that Cloud was the one who caused Aerith's death rather than Sephiroth, even though those videos were also backed up well with a lot of evidence and good points, I don't really believe that the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's intended for it to be more than jumpscares in a creepy Chuck E. Cheese setting and atmosphere. At best, they kept the story rather vague so you can interpret it any way you like, as many fans have.

If they actually based their game off of the Nathan Dunlap murders and took the time and effort to insert all the little clues that alluded to it, then kudos to them, really - but as compelling as the FNaF videos were, to me it's not so much "cannon" as just MattPat creating an elaborative, convincing theory out of very little information as usual.

The original FNaF had a story, and that is an undeniable fact. It was told through newspaper clippings that could be seen throughout the game, and it was actually pretty interesting. Though I doubt that is was based on the Nathan Dunlap murders. FNaF 2 wasn't so clear with it's plot though, but it doesn't seem so unlikely that those death mini games weren't used to provide some story for the game. Particularly since, from a developers standpoint, if it's pointless then that's just more work for no payoff. Especially since the core game provides a great sense of dread itself. Maybe he's just fucking with us, but I doubt that since making a game, even if you recycle assets, still is really difficult. (I know from experience, by the way.)

But, that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    They're really not hesitating on capitalising on the popularity of FNaF while they have the chance. Good for those who like the games, I guess.

Yukari

They're really not hesitating on capitalizing on the popularity of FNaF while they have the chance. Good for those who like the games, I guess.
    Well you really can't blame him. Especially given how the internet goes from one fad to the next so quickly.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • He has the capability to make these games quickly, so it makes sense from a business standpoint to make them quickly, especially if he's not working a job anymore. Between the first two games he has hopefully saved up a lot of money in a very short period of time. Now that COULD mean a better budget and bigger title for FNAF3, so right now this could be an teaser for something coming soon, or a sign of something that won't be released for a while. People keep commenting on the quick releases, but this is JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT. There's no date yet or anything so this could take all year for all we know. Now, who wants to actually talk about where they think this game will be?

I would guess most people think that we'll go further back in time to the first Fazbears, or possibly Fredbear's Diner. This seems like a good possibility, especially if I am correct about the Golden Freddy Suit having an animatronic in it now. However, looking at the image, the area around the eye looks worn and old, whereas in FNAF2, the head was very clean. So I think that it's the opposite. I think this is a future Freddy's that needed the Golden Suit because they had nothing else and no money. So they fixed it up and used it. Not to mention the tagline is "I am still here". God help us.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I guess it's good on the creator for replying to demand. I myself have never been fond of jump scare-esque games. The jump scares in the first FNaF game made me laugh the first time I saw it though, I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't until I had first hand experience of the game when I was actually surprised, haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Didn't the second one just come out?
    More or less, but that's exactly why a third one is in development; Scott has finished the second game and... you know, what else would he do if not make a third? Since he's an independent developer he can simply say "yeah, I'm making a new game now" immediately rather than wait to make some sort of official announcement like a AAA developer.

Years
  • Man, FNAF really seems like a think now, ins't it? I wonder if you can actually move between rooms this time. That would be sweet...

Yukari

Maybe, but that would also be the opposite of what made the games so scary in the first place.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The second one was a big success, so it makes complete sense that they continue making the games until it starts to lose customer interest. If the second one was a dud Id have an issue with them creating a third game just for money sake, but if they continue to pump out good, original ideas in their games, then I'm perfectly okay with that.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I've only seen some gameplay of the first game. Does the second one introduce any major gameplay changes or is it more of the same with more/different plot?

Yukari

I've only seen some gameplay of the first game. Does the second one introduce any major gameplay changes or is it more of the same with more/different plot?
    There aren't too many differences gameplay wise. You no longer have to worry about power conservation as much as it no longer means that you automatically lose. You no longer shut doors, and some stuff like that..

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I've only seen some gameplay of the first game. Does the second one introduce any major gameplay changes or is it more of the same with more/different plot?
    Plot wise, the game introduces a new important animatronic, and gives a more visual, if still cryptic, representation of events in the past in the form of special mini games.

Back