• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am inferior to Anti in every way possible. [OU RMT]

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
And probably the most creative title to grace these forums for a while (DCC doesn't count). This is a team that I've recently constructed that isn't really a whole pile of big fat gimmick, like my previous teams; Trick Room and Yo' Blissey so fat...

The team
dpiconani248.gif
dpiconani094.gif
dpiconani392.gif
dpiconani134.gif
dpiconani260.gif
dpiconani380.gif

Overview

248.png
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png

Tyranitar @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
RockIC_Big.png
Stealth Rock
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
DarkIC_Big.png
Payback
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake

I honestly don't know why I'm running a Chesto Berry on this thing, to stop Roserade/Smeargle/other sleep leads? I'm not even running Rest! Anyway, I'm using a LeadTar set for this tem because I think it suits my team well, taking care of the other leads, such as Azelf/Infernape/Sleep Leads etc. I did consider using a Gliscor lead, but I'm not too fond of the SR set.

94.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
NormalIC_Big.png
Substitute
GhostIC_Big.png
Shadow Ball
FightingIC_Big.png
Focus Blast
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

Since the star of my team is Latias, two of the biggest threats to my team are Scizor and opposing Tyranitar. I do believe this set outspeeds Ttar with Scarf, which is most likely to Pursuit my baby, but this is where Gengar comes into it. Substitute allows me to switch in on something and cause them to switch, letting me sub up from there, and then see what happens when I humiliate the person using either Pokemon.

392.png
Bag_Choice_Band_Sprite.png

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
FireIC_Big.png
Flare Blitz
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
BugIC_Big.png
U-Turn
FightingIC_Big.png
Close Combat

Choice Banded Infernape is probably my best backup for taking out Scizor and Tyranitar, for if Gengar fails to do so. Infernape also acts as my revenge killer, taking on the likes of Salamence, Gyarados (considering they haven't used DD yet) and other big threats. Aso probably my best answer to Heatran, which HP Ice variants can ruin Latias and my team.

134.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
NormalIC_Big.png
Wish
NormalIC_Big.png
Protect
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
ElectricIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

My best answer to Gyarados, which is a big threat to my team. I originally thought of using Vaporeon because I was going without Recover on Latias, so this was going to serve as healing support, but I guess it's much more than that. Counter's Gyarados which is a threat to my team, and provides healing for Gengar, and Infernape, and Latias.

260.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Careful (+SpD -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
PsychicIC_Big.png
Rest
NormalIC_Big.png
Sleep Talk
WaterIC_Big.png
Waterfall
NormalIC_Big.png
Curse

Working similarily to the CroCune set, this Swmpert aims to take control of many games, and I needed something to take status. I wanted something physical that could take on status, so I chose Swmpert, and it also fits well with my team, taking on like, Heatran, Infernape and other threats. It's Water-Ground typing also means it won't be going down very easily, especially with Rest under it's belt. I was actually going to use SD Scizor here, but that can't relly take status.

380.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Latias @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
PsychicIC_Big.png
Calm Mind
DragonIC_Big.png
Dragon Pulse
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

This is what I based my team around, Latias. Usually a late game sweeper, but my main powerhouse. Cam mind up and go from there. Obviously moves here are for coverage, with Dragon Pulse taking out Mence, Flygon etc. Surf is for killing obvious Infernape/Heatran, and I'm using HP Fire >> Grass Knot for the occasional SD Scizor which DOESN'T carry Pursuit.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a good team, which I learn't that I hate Swampert leads. I could use a fair bit of help with this.
Also, no war references ftw.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Usually on Tar ChestoResting is preferred so it doesn't die really fast. Chesto berry is cool I guess so Roserade doesn't poop on you, but Tar is supposed to be able come back late game and try to hurt stuff with damage.

CroPert is making me cringe...give it Ice Punch or Earthquake or something instead of STalk. If it ends up being an end game sweeper you don't want it walled by a Vaporeon lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024

248.png

Tyranitar @ Chesto Berry
RockIC_Big.png
Stealth Rock
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
DarkIC_Big.png
Payback
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake

k.

94.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Gengar @ Leftovers
NormalIC_Big.png
Substitute
GhostIC_Big.png
Shadow Ball
FightingIC_Big.png
Focus Blast
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

I do believe this set outspeeds Ttar with Scarf,
No it doesnt lol.

392.png

Infernape @ Choice Band
FireIC_Big.png
Flare Blitz
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
BugIC_Big.png
U-Turn
FightingIC_Big.png
Close Combat

k

134.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
NormalIC_Big.png
Wish
NormalIC_Big.png
Protect
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
ElectricIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

Speed evs suck and make this frail.

260.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
PsychicIC_Big.png
Rest
NormalIC_Big.png
Sleep Talk
WaterIC_Big.png
Waterfall
NormalIC_Big.png
Curse

This doesn't work without Toxic Spikes.

380.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Latias @ Life Orb
PsychicIC_Big.png
Calm Mind
DragonIC_Big.png
Dragon Pulse
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

Needs more Recover.

So what exactly is the strategy ? Right now im not seeing it as nothing opens up sweeps. Also every play style imaginable destroys it. DD Tar and DD Mence shred through this team. You have no steels to take Draco's and Outrages. CroPert is set up fodder so id remove it for something which deals with both. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147 please refer to this.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205008
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209090

Go here too^

Still though, you have the biggest stall and Toxic Spikes weak ive ever seen.

Last edited:

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
I think your team is good thought a bit misguided in it's goal of CMLati sweep. As already noted, Timid Gengar does not outspeed ScarfTar and Scizor gives trouble for Gengar without a sub, Infernape still takes a huge chunck of damage from BP and will most likely die from Blitz recoil if it hits Scizor that same turn and Tyranitar will get taken down fast from CBScizor switching in.

To better combat Tyranitar and Scizor I recommend you change Gengar and Infernape for standard Restalk Machamp and Scarf Flygon. Machamp's overall bulk and resistance/neutrality to Tyranitar's moves will make him the ultimate check and can threaten almost anything with Dynamic Punch. Scarf Flygon can handle any Dragon types you need gone with Outrage and can take a BP from even CB Scizor and KO back with Fire Blast. It also takes care of Skarmory for you.

As for a lead, I think that Smergle/Metagross can work better for you with a Stealth Rock setting set since a lot of part flying types will ant a piece of your team. In Smergle's case, you could run a dual spike user with T-Spikes and keep that Swapert set. Otherwise, I strongly recommend you change Swampert to a more standard set.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Swampert is the obvious misfit here. It isn't supported by anything, doesn't really stop anything defensively that others don't already handle, and it's inviting a lot of threats to come in for free--many of which you have trouble with. Replace this set-up fodder, as all it really does is take status, which it doesn't even do well.

To deal with this, I would consider running something to deal with the weaknesses D_A mentioned. I would recommend Scizor here, as its utility is just always so useful. I would then replace Gengar, which again seems to contribute little to the team given how easy it is to stop and stall out.Here, I would focus on your problems with offensive synergy. I don't really have anything specific since I find offensive synergy to be hard to figure out on paper, so I'd experiment a bit. At any rate, you should consider entry hazard support as well as luring Pokemon. If you're really having trouble, I can offer specific suggestions.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years

Overview

[/COLOR]
248.png

Tyranitar @ Chesto Berry
RockIC_Big.png
Stealth Rock
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
DarkIC_Big.png
Payback
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake

I honestly don't know why I'm running a Chesto Berry on this thing, to stop Roserade/Smeargle/other sleep leads? I'm not even running Rest! Anyway, I'm using a LeadTar set for this tem because I think it suits my team well, taking care of the other leads, such as Azelf/Infernape/Sleep Leads etc. I did consider using a Gliscor lead, but I'm not too fond of the SR set.

I'd recommend replacing this Tyranitar with a standard Metagross lead, as mentioned earlier by RaveSage. I presume you're running Tyranitar as it's capable of breaking Sashes with SandStream, but that alone isn't reason enough to run Tyranitar as a lead. The Sand Storm isn't benefiting your team, you're taking damage too - if anything, if your opponent has a Rock type then you're benefitting them.

Metagross - 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe - Occa Berry - Adamant

376.png

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Bullet Punch breaks sashes on stuff like Azelf and Aerodactyl. Earthquake is there for Heatran, Infernape, Jirachi, Metagross and Tyranitar. Explosion is there for those pesky Taunt leads like Gliscor, Froslass and Ambipom. It can also take a lot of common leads in OU, even those with Flamethrower.

94.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Gengar @ Leftovers
NormalIC_Big.png
Substitute
GhostIC_Big.png
Shadow Ball
FightingIC_Big.png
Focus Blast
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

Since the star of my team is Latias, two of the biggest threats to my team are Scizor and opposing Tyranitar. I do believe this set outspeeds Ttar with Scarf, which is most likely to Pursuit my baby, but this is where Gengar comes into it. Substitute allows me to switch in on something and cause them to switch, letting me sub up from there, and then see what happens when I humiliate the person using either Pokemon.

A really nice Gengar when used correctly. No problems here. Jolly Choice Scarf Tyranitar has 364.5 speed, so don't be expecting to out speed that unless it's Adamant. Still, if you force a switch then you'll still have a Substitute up so you should be able to get a Focus Blast off.

392.png

Infernape @ Choice Band
FireIC_Big.png
Flare Blitz
RockIC_Big.png
Stone Edge
BugIC_Big.png
U-Turn
FightingIC_Big.png
Close Combat

Choice Banded Infernape is probably my best backup for taking out Scizor and Tyranitar, for if Gengar fails to do so. Infernape also acts as my revenge killer, taking on the likes of Salamence, Gyarados (considering they haven't used DD yet) and other big threats. Aso probably my best answer to Heatran, which HP Ice variants can ruin Latias and my team.

This is the main thing holding your team together and your only check to Gyarados and Salamence. With the Choice Band, it does gain an additional x1.2 more than Life Orb but you're likely to be set up on and then swept if you lock yourself into something silly. I'd recommend replacing this Infernape with a Physical Mix set or even a Swords Dancing set.

Infernape - 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe - Life Orb - Naive

395.png

- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Stone-Edge / Mach Punch
- Overheat

This Infernape is very good at taking out a lot of stuff early game. It's also exceptional at scouting. Send it in against something you know that you can KO and then just U-Turn out of there on the switch, this will result in your opponent usually taking Stealth Rock damage and revealing another team member which you can deal with appropriately. If you're worried about Tyranitar and Lucario, then you can run Mach Punch over Stone-Edge. (But that'll stop you from hurting Flying types like Gyarados and Salamence with this Infernape.)

134.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
NormalIC_Big.png
Wish
NormalIC_Big.png
Protect
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
ElectricIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

My best answer to Gyarados, which is a big threat to my team. I originally thought of using Vaporeon because I was going without Recover on Latias, so this was going to serve as healing support, but I guess it's much more than that. Counter's Gyarados which is a threat to my team, and provides healing for Gengar, and Infernape, and Latias.

Good healing support. No problems here.

260.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
PsychicIC_Big.png
Rest
NormalIC_Big.png
Sleep Talk
WaterIC_Big.png
Waterfall
NormalIC_Big.png
Curse

Working similarily to the CroCune set, this Swmpert aims to take control of many games, and I needed something to take status. I wanted something physical that could take on status, so I chose Swmpert, and it also fits well with my team, taking on like, Heatran, Infernape and other threats. It's Water-Ground typing also means it won't be going down very easily, especially with Rest under it's belt. I was actually going to use SD Scizor here, but that can't relly take status.

You've still got a huge problem with Salamence, Gyarados and Dragonite. Particuarly the Dragon Dancing sets. Because of this, I recommend replacing this Swampert. It's got bad type coverage and won't benefit you at-all. I recommend replacing it with a Defensive Porygon2.

Porygon2 - 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA - Leftovers

233.png

- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Porygon2 is often overlooked, yet it has amazing defensive capabilities and a very versatile move pool. It's also able to effectively deal with Salamence and Gyarados because of its ability, Trace which allows Porygon2 to fire Intimidate right back. (Not to mention, it can Trace amazing abilities like Flash Fire!) Porygon2 is also capable of taking a +2 Attack Brick Break from max attack, Adamant, Leftovers Scizor and hitting back with a Thunderbolt to the face.

380.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Latias @ Life Orb
PsychicIC_Big.png
Calm Mind
DragonIC_Big.png
Dragon Pulse
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power

This is what I based my team around, Latias. Usually a late game sweeper, but my main powerhouse. Cam mind up and go from there. Obviously moves here are for coverage, with Dragon Pulse taking out Mence, Flygon etc. Surf is for killing obvious Infernape/Heatran, and I'm using HP Fire >> Grass Knot for the occasional SD Scizor which DOESN'T carry Pursuit.

A nice set. It'd be better with Timid nature though. With Modest, you're being outsped by all base 110s and even stuff like Infernape. You'll be gaining lots of Special Attack from Calm Mind, so you'll be better off with Timid in the long run.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a good team, which I learn't that I hate Swampert leads. I could use a fair bit of help with this.
Also, no war references ftw.

Sorry if I didn't go over your team in enough detail, but I am feeling fairly tired. Your team is cool, but I really recommend trying to apply some of the changes that I recommended above. Good luck.

Back