• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
A revolutionary war inspired game where the 'gyms' are major battles and prof. Oak could me the Colonel of your squadron. No guns, of course. Only pokemon. Your rival could actually be your partner and the final pokemon champion could be a scene where your country wins the war and you protected your land and are a hero. Something completely new. I've never seen anything like this but it would be a brand new storyline and would be awesome to play!:)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'd like to see a gold/silver hack that begins in Kanto and ends in Johto. So sort of a reverse version of gold/silver/crystal. Maybe a storyline that'd take place like 2 years after original gold/silver. Not sure what the bad guy team would be Team Rocket wouldn't really work, or at least I don't think it would.

Miklo

Legendary
Years
Aw man, a rom hack were you would play as an pokemon professor, breeder or an gym leader. (one of those) And maybe a rom hack that is original :) W8, DARK FANTASY POKEMON (Theme)!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
Aw man, a rom hack were you would play as an pokemon professor, breeder or an gym leader. (one of those) And maybe a rom hack that is original :) W8, DARK FANTASY POKEMON (Theme)!!!!!

I think a change in the perspective the players play as has not really been experimented with in ROM hacks, despite how interesting - in my opinion - it would make the gameplay!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
I would like a game where you start out with the crime organization having already won. The gyms will be for underlings HQ of the areas they control. The badges you get are more like keys that unlock the door to fight the final group and beat the leader. Also free other gym leaders as you beat gym the gym boss for TM's. On the road before you would get to the E4 to fight the boss you would have to battle all 8 of the gym leaders that you freed, as they want to test you to make sure you are ready. Maybe have a mechanic where if you faint then the first pokemon in your party is stolen. Much like how in a nuz hack they are dead. Stolen pokemon can be bought back from the game corner for coins would also be a cool thing, but I wouldn't know the first thing about adding something like that.

Sharrkyy

You don't wait for the storm to end, you learn to
Years
ROM Hacking Ideas.

Hello anyone and everyone!

So just recently I made a re-introduction post and inside of that little post I said I was interested in ROM hacking. So now I've decided to get into ROM hacking and I'll be starting to slowly work on a game.
I wanted to come out to the community and ask what all of you want to see from me mostly and hopefully I can use that knowledge to the best of my ability and make a game that is not only playable, but is fun and well-known for a long time.

So yeah just post below what all you guys think I should add to my game and add things that you think would make it funner.
Also if you want to suggest what ROM I should use I'll only be using a FireRed/LeafGreen ROM or a Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire ROM.

~ Cheers <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 24, 2024
A pokemon game as an detective is pretty cool, but it has to be one with a good story since going after the standard evil teams is pretty mweh...

Prefer them also to not be called Team [insert derpy name]

Like as in Insurgence there is The Cult of Perfection, which is an pretty awesome name to be honest.
That actually keeps me more interested in a game than Team Plasma or something like that.

It would be cool as well that if someone makes a detective version pokemon game that the writer of the story uses certain pokemon that work well with the detective line of work.

For example, A Koffing/Weezing works well to get away when being discovered due to the move Smokescreen.
A Pokemon with the move Earthquake to block of your pursuers when trying to flee when discovered.
A Psychic pokemon who uses Dream Eater to extract intel from captured bad guys.

But some other good things that have to be in there is logics.

For example, your not able to use Fly on pidgey, since pidgey's aint big enough to fly on.
Rhydon's cant use Surf since they are weak to Water.

You know, that kinda stuff...

When i saw the whole ninja idea, you could kinda make it like Naruto, with different villages.
And dont let there be an instant war just because of the Pokemon typings.
Maybe something like Rogue ninja's who mess things up.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
A pokemon game as an detective is pretty cool, but it has to be one with a good story since going after the standard evil teams is pretty mweh...

Prefer them also to not be called Team [insert derpy name]

Like as in Insurgence there is The Cult of Perfection, which is an pretty awesome name to be honest.
That actually keeps me more interested in a game than Team Plasma or something like that.

It would be cool as well that if someone makes a detective version pokemon game that the writer of the story uses certain pokemon that work well with the detective line of work.

For example, A Koffing/Weezing works well to get away when being discovered due to the move Smokescreen.
A Pokemon with the move Earthquake to block of your pursuers when trying to flee when discovered.
A Psychic pokemon who uses Dream Eater to extract intel from captured bad guys.

But some other good things that have to be in there is logics.

For example, your not able to use Fly on pidgey, since pidgey's aint big enough to fly on.
Rhydon's cant use Surf since they are weak to Water.

You know, that kinda stuff...

When i saw the whole ninja idea, you could kinda make it like Naruto, with different villages.
And dont let there be an instant war just because of the Pokemon typings.
Maybe something like Rogue ninja's who mess things up.

Actually im working on a detective pokemon rom hack now

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Just an idea based of a mechanic and reading random articles on Bulbapedia.
So I saw this, where basically people have an jewel with a pokemon sealed inside of it, and a user can fuse with the pokemon inside.
An interesting idea for an interesting hack.

EDIT: More Ideas for people to use.
Plot Ideas
Spoiler:

How the PC gets their starter
Spoiler:

Setting ideas
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 11, 2020
I would love to see Blues Version, where you play as Blue(Gary) and at the end you become a gym leader, and cool story to it how you get to that point. In Pokemon Heart Gold Blue was Gym leader, it would be fun to walk that road and become your own gym leader :)

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
Years
Well first off, Pokemon Logic. Character should be at 17 years old, and you can only surf and fly on pokemon that would be able to support the weight of a human.
In terms of gameplay, I would like to see, 3 region progression, but everytime you head to a new region your receieve a new starter and your old region pokemon can't be used.
At the end of the hack, there should be a pokemon world tournament, and the player would be able to choose any 6 pokemon they have.
That would be epic.

Years
Storyline In a Hack

☆ A grown man at the age of 20 (name is harvey) traveling to meet his real parents. Currently he is living with his parents whom adopted him. His real parents encounter him several times throughout his journey however he does not know that they're his parents because he has never seen them.

Graphics/Mapping

☆Kanto maps with johto as well.
☆ I would like to see nds style graphics that would be super nice.

That's all the ideas I have. ^-^

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
We need to get the full anime included in a game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This could probably be a nice Emerald hack.

A human in the world of PMD... Without turning into a Pokémon! Finding out why/how they arrived is a must, meanwhile try to get home, but how to do that when the residents are scared of what the player could do! After all, outside the hidden sanctuary, Pokémon are used as weapons of battle!

Perhaps there are old pokeballs in hidden dumps, and if you find them there's a choice; capture your neighbors and use them to get home, or take the long route in gaining trust first.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
I'd prefer more GSC hacks as I'm a die-hard GSC fan.

But if I was to be honest, I'd like to see something similar to Pokémon Conquest, but under a main series game format, the main character themselves can only have one pokemon at a time, and any others caught would be sent to your PC automatically. (So practically everyone has just one pokemon, but you can always switch that pokemon out for another you have caught and was sent to your PC)

Instead of having a party of six pokemon like a normal game would, you'd instead recruit pokemon warriors (humans) with their perfect pokemon connection throughout the region during your travels. And you would be able to have a total of 5 pokemon warriors besides yourself to join your team. But only you have the power to switch out pokemon, because no one else has the power to have a perfect connection with every pokemon, including legends.

And just like Conquest. You fight with your team to claim land in the region. But in the storyline, you also face a great evil in the form of a tyrant. Etc, etc, but hopefully you get my point.

BadEgg~

Years
A hack involving a trainer academy of sorts - you have to complete assignments, raise the Pokémon you were given upon joining the academy, eventually choosing a career and pursuing the storyline of that career. A ROM hack with multiple storylines would be well-received.

BadEgg~

Years
I'd prefer more GSC hacks as I'm a die-hard GSC fan.

But if I was to be honest, I'd like to see something similar to Pokémon Conquest, but under a main series game format, the main character themselves can only have one pokemon at a time, and any others caught would be sent to your PC automatically. (So practically everyone has just one pokemon, but you can always switch that pokemon out for another you have caught and was sent to your PC)

Instead of having a party of six pokemon like a normal game would, you'd instead recruit pokemon warriors (humans) with their perfect pokemon connection throughout the region during your travels. And you would be able to have a total of 5 pokemon warriors besides yourself to join your team. But only you have the power to switch out pokemon, because no one else has the power to have a perfect connection with every pokemon, including legends.

And just like Conquest. You fight with your team to claim land in the region. But in the storyline, you also face a great evil in the form of a tyrant. Etc, etc, but hopefully you get my point.

That just means you have the ability to access more Pokémon in battle as you progress through the game. The story will just have to explain the reason why - it's doable as far as I can see. I like the idea of claiming land throughout the region, but I'm just wondering what the reason(s) for that would be. Also, would the game be set in some kind of medieval era when claiming land throughout a region is more...hmm..logical? I guess? I can't exactly put it in to words - in the modern era you hardly get any conquests for land (as you described it). These kinds of storylines should be explored more by ROM hackers, maybe I'll attempt to do something like it in future.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
That just means you have the ability to access more Pokémon in battle as you progress through the game. The story will just have to explain the reason why - it's doable as far as I can see. I like the idea of claiming land throughout the region, but I'm just wondering what the reason(s) for that would be. Also, would the game be set in some kind of medieval era when claiming land throughout a region is more...hmm..logical? I guess? I can't exactly put it in to words - in the modern era you hardly get any conquests for land (as you described it). These kinds of storylines should be explored more by ROM hackers, maybe I'll attempt to do something like it in future.

Most of what I said was inspired by the Pokémon Conquest game on the old DS systems...so as far as the story goes, you could probably do something similar to the main story of Conquest. In Conquest you had to help a girl of a neighboring kingdom to stop (I think was her brother) Lord Nobunaga and his army from destroying the legend of the region which was Arceus. (The region itself was shaped like Arceus) But we could always tweak the story or rip itself a new one, lol

But anyway, you had to recruit warriors from nearby kingdoms as you progressed, and each person had their perfect pokemon connection already. As far as a change in the game when I played it, I sort of wished your player could've had a perfect connection with any or all pokemon you caught or recruited with you. That could just be me though :p

Back