• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Realism. No, I don't mean "dark and edgy and dark and edgy." Frankly the darker a Pokemon story gets the worse it seems to get, and I'm not sure who to blame.

I'm just saying why not actually expand on the universe in ways that GF seems reluctant to do? Let's actually explain how much ruling power Gym Leaders and the Elite 4/Champion have in a plausible manner (for example, Black and White would have been far more better if not for extremely large plotholes in this whole thing). How does a town keep wild Pokemon out? How have Pokemon participated in wars before (because they totally did)? Just how does some technology work? What are medicinal items made of? How about Professors actually show us their findings in detail?

It would take someone really good at writing to get these done right, but it's definitely doable. (EDIT: Keep in mind that this post was made before Delta Episode's sudden foray into the dimensional shifter, which would probably be the hardest to explain thing yet.)

Also, a hack that aims to implement Nuzlocke-beneficial things: random item pickups, permadeath (as in Pokemon being deleted after fainting, not a big death reference), optional Pokemon Center/set amount of times for them, bar items from battle, force set mode, etc.

Last edited:
Years
Something really cool would be a game with you as the unlucky Rival and your opponent as the hero. Or The evil organization in the game has taken over when you start the game, you battle through the gym leaders and elite four ( they kept them around for some reason) , and you eventually beat the organization.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 28, 2015
There's a fan game called Pokemon Zeta/Omicron which does almost practically the same thing as you said. Except celebi part.

There is a Pokemon Ruby Destiny series hack called Life of Guardians, and there were "multiple path choices" leading to different endings, as I heard.

There's a fan game somewhere out there which does THE EXACT same thing that you asked. Forgot the name. It might still be in development, and I did not hear good things about the creator too actually, lol.
Generation Zero! It's one of the best hacks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
I just want to steal pokemon. And Just like glazed I want to hear what pokemon think. And I want some sort of recognition system in the game so that random trainers will recognize me as the champion and not battle me or I get free stuff in the pokemart as an endorsement

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
A hack that takes place in the aftermath of Brendan and May failing to stop Groudon and Kyogre from fighting, with a good deal of Hoenn destroyed, no Legendaries willing to help, and most of the pokemon gone extinct.

Complete pokedex given at the start, and you have to catch your own starter if you want to leave your town.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I am starting a rom where the protagonist is exploring a region base of Disney land and is the assistant to the league owner. The protagonist is somewhat an orphan who is adopted by the league owner, but is secretly looking for his father. It would take me a long time to get this done and I could really use help on this project .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
- Death, in a dark and sad manner. I've seen implied death only in hacks
Spoiler:

Guessing you haven't tried Discovery ... I've incorporated a few deaths just into the first beta alone ... whereas in Beta 2 I'll be having a lot more, which touch closer to the player than it has before.

----

Oh look, there are six of them ... how convenient lol
lryOi.jpg

Can't say a Power Rangers hack wouldn't be cool

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
1) A new Mystery Dungeon based hack. I still remember how much I've enjoyed Rescue Rangers years ago. The storyline, the gameplay... it was just so engaging and appealing. Probably an experience I will never forget. I've seen some Spanish hack called Pokémon Mystery 9 which is a PMD based one as well. It is starting to get close to completion, and an English translation would be amazing.

2) The Johto/Hoenn anime. I have witnessed people who are attempting to recreate season 1 & 2, which we DON'T need anymore since the creation of Ash Gray. Nobody has ever tried or made progresse in the Johto/Hoenn anime. Something which I really miss on the community.

3) The other episodes of the manga (Gold, Blue, Silver...) it really sucks that Aethestode will probably quit after the completion of Red Chapter. And that other guy with it's strange name, I don't have much faith in him...

Years
A long time ago, I was working on a rom hack of Fire Red called Pokémon Red Legends. It was going to be a throwback to the large number of fake rumors that sprang up during gen I, and incorporated as many as I could possibly think of. The biggest issue I had was spriting, as I needed to make fake evolutions for every final stage Pokémon using the Mist Stone. Honestly, I'd like to go back to it some day, but I'm so busy with Clover and my own projects that I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

Years
1) Since several people have already posted about PMD based concepts, I'll go ahead and put out an idea for an FF Tactics-styled hack; those who have played any game from this series will know about it's unique battle system. Anyways, this concept will use the same battle system. Each trainer will be able to send up to six 'mons into an arena to battle it out against an opponent. Each Pokemon will have a slot for a weapon (it can boost physical attacks, special attacks, a certain type, sound based and so on), armor (Defense booster, Sp.Def Booster), and footwear, (similar to armor but with mobility, speed, and terrain restrictions). The overworlds will be the same concept as the GBA Pokemon games, with Gen 4-styled tiles and FR/LG-type sprites. The only flaw I can see with this concept is that battles would consume too much time if you had as many trainers as the regular games; this can probably be fixed through some changes, maybe by reducing the level cap (50 instead of 100) along with reducing the number of trainers that will randomly challenge you in routes.

2) This one is much, much smaller than number 1. Maybe it's nostalgia that pushes me to think this, but an overhaul of Emerald would be one of a kind. It will have Gen 4 tiles with FR/LG-styled overworld sprites. Pokemon sprites will be based on 5th Gen, with backsprites from Gen 4 (to better suit the GBA battle display). Battle Backgrounds will be based on those present in Platinum, and every Pokemon and items up to 5th Gen will be obtainable in-game, and as with other hacks, those that normally evolve through trading will do so via an alternative method. Last but not least, the Battle Frontier will be present, with Trainer teams overhauled to have up to 5th Gen Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I would love this. A hack where you get every (fully evolved) Pokemon at Level 100, every HM/TM/Move Tutor,an unlimited-use move relearner and breeder. Pokemon Showdown - GBA-edition, basically. You could just pick the Pokemon you want and play against a bunch of sample teams, and perhaps have some way of creating your own.

With all the new attacks and abilities being implemented, perhaps it could help players trying to get into competitive battling, perhaps? The AI is pretty dumb, tho.

I believe this one is already in progress with 60% completed. This is the project i am working on. For now i am only implementing 1st gen. All pokemon starts at lvl 80. I left 20 lvl for EV training. EV training never been so easy. Unlimited master ball, vitamins, tms, hms. Increased shiney pokemon and roaming legendary pokemons. I dont know if i am allowed to link the rom here.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
I believe this one is already in progress with 60% completed. This is the project i am working on. For now i am only implementing 1st gen. All pokemon starts at lvl 80. I left 20 lvl for EV training. EV training never been so easy. Unlimited master ball, vitamins, tms, hms. Increased shiney pokemon and roaming legendary pokemons. I dont know if i am allowed to link the rom here.

Instead of linking a ROM in this post, you should link a patch in the thread you create about it, so everyone can see and discuss it :) Probably in Sideshow showase

NoWun

Play B2&W2 normally but with battle frontier as an extension i doubt if there will be ever players leaving the gen v afterwards haha.

HollowGap!

<insert title here>
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Too many people tried making big stereotypes of hack games that actualy never made it. I rather make/play a smaller ones that more story-oriented, 15-120 minutes of gampelay, a short goal, but with lots of challenges that required player's creativity. I wonder; has it been done before?

Years
A hack with just fusion pokemons ? Or maybe a day care that lets you fuse your pokemons wich combine their appearance, moves and name

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
*A Kanto remake that includes pre-HG/SS-era Johto (Radio Tower still under construction, Jasmine still uses Rock-types, things of that nature) and the Orange Islands.

*Colosseum/XD, demade for the GBA. Admit it, that would be awesome.

*Something that lets you start with a Koffing. I don't know about anyone else who wants that, that's just something I personally would love. I believe I played a hack of Blue or something where you played as a Team Rocket member and chose your starter out of Ekans, Koffing, or Meowth, and it was phenomenal, though I'm talking more along the lines of starting with Koffing and playing as an honest Trainer, y'know?

Back