• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    I believe there's a tutorial the Tutorials section for expanding the FireRed world map, I'm assuming if you find the correct offsets for Emerald you could use a similar method.

Nothing is being brought up by a search I'm afraid.

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    Question: FIRE RED
    How to repoint the palette of the SURF SPRITE(the blue/black blob youre sitting on) to another offset so that it wont share the palette of the hero sprite?

I want to change it's sprite but it has different colors. sadly... im using the hero's palette thats why i cant change it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Hi I got a question to ask do you guys know where I can replace the pokemon gender symbol picture either on NSE 2.X or Unlz-gba I can't seems to find it or is it in a tileset?

(Firered)

(Emerald)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2016
    Hello. I'm curious as to how the roaming legendary dog works in FireRed and how I would go about removing it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    I tried using Advance Map but there's a problem. I'm using windows 7
    I have comdlg32.ocx in the correct place, activated it (by CMD as the "run" program couldn't) and i opened a rom in a-map (clean rom), the box on the left is empty. So I downloaded a different version of a-map and tried. this time, the box on the left has the "introduction" , "pallet town" stuff but the box on the right is empty. i tried writing in the empty files but it can't be saved. I also tried to run it in windowsXP compatibility but still doesn't work.
    h t t p : / /i 5 7 . t i n y p i c . c o m / f 9 j o f n . p n g
    separated ths links cause i'm not allowed to post links yet

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • How would you expand the world map on Emerald?

Do you mean to edit the PokeNav region map? Larsie13 has a tutorial here. Or do you mean to actually add more areas? Spherical Ice has a tutorial on adding, removing, or changing map banks here which you may find helpful, although there may be more to it than just that. I haven't done much map editing myself.

I asked this a while ago, but no answer. I'll ask again. Do patches stack? Can I add two patches to FireRed, or do I have to do it all by hand?

That will depend entirely on the patches. If two patches modify different events and use different space in the ROM, they'll almost certainly be compatible. If two patches use different space but modify the same event they may or may not work, but it's safer to assume they're incompatible. If they use the same ROM space they definitely are incompatible, because one's code will overwrite the other. The only way to know what parts of the data a patch changes would be to ask the creator, they can usually tell you exactly what is changed and where.

Does anybody know how I could go about editing multichoice boxes?
    I'm on fire red btw.

JPAN has a pretty quick tutorial on multichoices here.

Hello. I'm curious as to how the roaming legendary dog works in FireRed and how I would go about removing it.

I have a similar question myself to add to this, does anyone know where the method(s) controlling the roaming Lati@s is/are for Emerald? It seems like it would be ASM, but the whole process in-game seems to occur too randomly to easily track down in VBA SDL.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll ask here:
    I'm hacking ruby and I've changed the azurill sprite in the intro to suicune using the Advance IntroEd tool. Now I want to change the azurill cry to that of suicune.
    I found this post in the quick research & development thread:

So editing the Pokemon that is released by the Professor in the games is easy, and I think possible with some tools. However, the cry does not change. Here are some changes that need to be made to change the cry of this Pokemon.

FireRed:
    Code:
    0812FB38: 02 48
    0812FB42: 30 BD XX XX 00 00

Ruby:
    Code:
    0800A506: 03 48 C0 46
    0800A512: 00 BD XX XX 00 00

Emerald:
    Code:
    08030B0C: XX XX

Where XX XX is the index of the Pokemon in reversed hex. For example Charizard would be 06 00. A list can be found here.

When I go to the offset 0xA506 or 0xA512 in a hex editor I don't see the same code given in this post. I also tried searching for BD 5E 01 (since azurill is number 15E in hex), but no pattern was found. I'm using the AXVE 1.0 ruby rom if that makes any difference.
    Can someone help please? :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll ask here:
    I'm hacking ruby and I've changed the azurill sprite in the intro to suicune using the Advance IntroEd tool. Now I want to change the azurill cry to that of suicune.
    I found this post in the quick research & development thread:

When I go to the offset 0xA506 or 0xA512 in a hex editor I don't see the same code given in this post. I also tried searching for BD 5E 01 (since azurill is number 15E in hex), but no pattern was found. I'm using the AXVE 1.0 ruby rom if that makes any difference.
    Can someone help please? :)

Actually it means you need to change the bytes there to the bytes he says lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Actually it means you need to change the bytes there to the bytes he says lol

Well now I feel dumb :P
    Thanks for the super quick reply, worked perfectly!
    I had assumed the only bytes needing changed were the XX ones.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Ok quick question that is super hard for me but probably super easy for all you pros. I want to take some tiles (specifically the houses from mossdeep city) snd insert them into a different tileset in the same rom. So I went and saved the dib/bmp file on the tileset from mossdeep city. When I went to save the other one (tileset 19) it said that the tileset I was on had multiple of the same color in the pallete(pallete 9). I found that odd since it worked with the other one so I opened up the pallete editor and the palletes are completely different. Why is that and how would I go around this without overwriting colors? (I hope I explained this right XD) SO in conclusion is there an easy way to insert?reinsert tiles without overwriting existing colors?

And second question. I inserted the rtc and seasons using dns. I went in to a-map to make a map based in winter so i opened the season editor and i got the offsets and tilesets picked out and when I clicked save nothing changed. And I tried insert new tileset and all It did was replace the tileset I had open creating a huge blank set. How would I go about Getting the seasons all set up?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Ok quick question that is super hard for me but probably super easy for all you pros. I want to take some tiles (specifically the houses from mossdeep city) snd insert them into a different tileset in the same rom. So I went and saved the dib/bmp file on the tileset from mossdeep city. When I went to save the other one (tileset 19) it said that the tileset I was on had multiple of the same color in the pallete(pallete 9). I found that odd since it worked with the other one so I opened up the pallete editor and the palletes are completely different. Why is that and how would I go around this without overwriting colors? (I hope I explained this right XD) SO in conclusion is there an easy way to insert?reinsert tiles without overwriting existing colors?

And second question. I inserted the rtc and seasons using dns. I went in to a-map to make a map based in winter so i opened the season editor and i got the offsets and tilesets picked out and when I clicked save nothing changed. And I tried insert new tileset and all It did was replace the tileset I had open creating a huge blank set. How would I go about Getting the seasons all set up?

I don't know about seasons, but when exporting tiles you just need to select a palette from the drop down before going to "save tileset." Or you can right click the specific tiles you want so it brings up the right palette for them automatically.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
  • How can I make a 2 vs 1 battle?

Question: FIRE RED
    How to repoint the palette of the SURF SPRITE(the blue/black blob youre sitting on) to another offset so that it wont share the palette of the hero sprite?

I want to change it's sprite but it has different colors. sadly... im using the hero's palette thats why i cant change it.

I have tried this too but it is real hard!
    I just changed the colors i didnt use from the hero sprite and used those.
    thats my advice just use the colors of the hero spite you almost havent used

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • The former, i.e the text which is displayed when the box is opened.
    Alternatively you could open up a Hex Editor and go to offset 0x0x3E04B0 which is where the multichoice table is located. From there you can change the open of choices each box has and the actual text for each choice. To change the actual text you'd just have to change the pointers to your new text options. I thought I'd made a tutorial on it but it must of been on another forum so check out this one by JPAN for more help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back