• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
  • Hey there pipz... I got a question here though... Hopefully, someone will answer... :\

Well, here it is...
    I was wondering if I can use the extra free space of each tilesets...
    By that, I mean, can I use those empty tile spaces for new tiles?
    The red circles to point my thought.
    mountaintiles.png

Thankies~

yes you can but on SOME spaces on the tileset can cause glitches when you go through a warp but it can be fixed by simply changing the positioning of tiles in the tileset

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • with a load of help from Cooley i managed to get a script working for somebody to give a pokemon to the player
    but now i have the problem that THIS
    2uzql2g.jpg
    21l01ub.jpg
    happens instead of the 'Hiro recieved.....' 'would you like to give a nickname to....' messages

anybody know whats going on?

edit2: the town going glitchy happens unless you give a nickname to the pokemon -.- but stops when you change area :)

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • i was playing with the hex codes near my bulbasaur tester event and somehow i glitched the rom so i cant start a new game, the rom just reloads in a strange pallette that shows Hooh properly rather than a shadow
    anyone know whats going on?
    2hn1is1.png

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    i was playing with the hex codes near my bulbasaur tester event and somehow i glitched the rom so i cant start a new game, the rom just reloads in a strange pallette that shows Hooh properly rather than a shadow
    anyone know whats going on?
    The ROM tends to reset with funny palettes when it encounters a fatal error. What changes did you make to your ROM exactly?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Ok I'm working on a diamond/pearl remake for crystal with a couple of my friends and 2 of my cousins but I haven't found any g/s/c hack tools around and I don't know which are compatible. B( unfortanutely I can't find time or get any1 to try them out because they can't take a risk so can any one tell me where or what hack tools I can find for G/S/C? Also, does Amap work with gbs pokemon games?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Ok I'm working on a diamond/pearl remake for crystal with a couple of my friends and 2 of my cousins but I haven't found any g/s/c hack tools around and I don't know which are compatible. B( unfortanutely I can't find time or get any1 to try them out because they can't take a risk so can any one tell me where or what hack tools I can find for G/S/C? Also, does Amap work with gbs pokemon games?
    Crystal is slightly harder to hack than Gold/Silver because it has fewer tools, but the games are similar enough that you can make changes in hex if you need to.

AdvanceMap doesn't work with GBC games. For editing Gold and Silver, try Goldmap or Megamap; for Crystal, try using Crysmap.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • The ROM tends to reset with funny palettes when it encounters a fatal error. What changes did you make to your ROM exactly?

i tried adding 47 4C before the give bulbasaur event i attempted to see if it would stop the wierd text loading
    the event is in new bark town so i dont get why it would be a fatal error when its loading...

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    bigsteve, could you provide the entire script?

If you can't figure out what's wrong, it may be simpler just to restart with a clean ROM.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • bigsteve, could you provide the entire script?

If you can't figure out what's wrong, it may be simpler just to restart with a clean ROM.

ive tried a total of 5 different ROMS and all of them do this :S

the whole script is....

00 87 A4 AB AB AE E7 57 00
    6A 31 10 00 09 F0 65 47 4C B0 65 53 49 2D 01 06 00 00 33 10 00 90
    47 4C B0 65 53 49 90 00

text
    pointers

hope you can see the problem

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The game didn't freeze when I inserted that script. These were the locations:

1225A0 - first script
    1225C0 - second script ("if already given")
    1225D0 - text

And I changed the pointers accordingly.

So yeah, no freezing problems there, but having tried the script I see why you were getting weird text before. When you use the GivePokemon command, it triggers dialogue asking if you want to nickname it. But since you've already loaded sprites back into RAM, it displays the sprites instead of text. You can fix this by moving the Load Moving Sprites command to the end of the script.

white0001.png

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • The game didn't freeze when I inserted that script. These were the locations:

1225A0 - first script
    1225C0 - second script ("if already given")
    1225D0 - text

And I changed the pointers accordingly.

So yeah, no freezing problems there, but having tried the script I see why you were getting weird text before. When you use the GivePokemon command, it triggers dialogue asking if you want to nickname it. But since you've already loaded sprites back into RAM, it displays the sprites instead of text. You can fix this by moving the Load Moving Sprites command to the end of the script.

white0001.png

whats the load moving sprites command?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    does anyone know the offset for the grass in fire red like the secondayr grass the on es that pave a walk

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • I Have 2 Question's
    -How Do You Get Pokemon Emerald To Work With Advance-Text Tryin' To Edit What People On Game Says?
    -Can You Get Music(Like 30 Seconds To Mars or Three Days Grace) Into The Pokemon Emerald?
    THX In Advance!

I Also Want to Know How To Add Darkrai And Other D/P Pokemon In Emerald.

Sorry If I Seem Rude, But Can Anyone Answer My Questions?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    hm...
    if the music which you wish to add is in mp3 file, then no, it can't be put in the ROM... only midi files can be added to the ROM...
    there's a spriting tutorial around the documents and tutorials on how to replace old pokemon with new ones... :\
    and er, I can't answer your emerald advance text problem... -_-

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • hm...
    if the music which you wish to add is in mp3 file, then no, it can't be put in the ROM... only midi files can be added to the ROM...
    there's a spriting tutorial around the documents and tutorials on how to replace old pokemon with new ones... :\
    and er, I can't answer your emerald advance text problem... -_-

Is There Some Way To Convert it To midi with Lyrics?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    as far as I know, no, there isn't...
    the music played in the ROMs were all instruments, and I haven't seen any voices when I use Sappy (the hacking tool for editing music, if you must know)...

I know, it stinks... I want to add mp3 music in my hacks as well though... -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back