• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    i got a map connection prob
    i made a map but for some reason itsnot connecting correctly
    how can i puch them to the good side?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Dr.Razor: Which Pokémon do you need?

theboss: You slide the map over in AdvanceMap. Make some space on the left or right side (depending on where the map is connecting in the middle). I think there's another way, as well, I think with the Connection Editor and fixing the connection. But I'm not too sure. Anyway, just try asking in the "Map Help Thread".

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • started scripting today with Cooley's tutorial
    i managed to make the fat guy say 'Hello!' and i also managed to make him move after talking using the tutorial
    when he moves though, a blank text box appears and sits over the screen until you move so it isnt displayed. after he moves, the moving sprites for HIRO become glitched, as do the fat mans. letters are displayed instead of the sprites whenever they are moving but the sprites are normal when standing still, what causes this?

the other thing is
    how do i script a legendary event? like Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo where you talk to them, they attack you, they disapear from the overworld whether you kill catch or lose

the final thing is
    how do i write text in scripts? i got 'Hello!' from Cooley's tutorial

thanks
    BigSteve

Years
  • Say, do you put a supporter banner of someones pokemon hack because you like it or because your one of the people working on it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Is there a tool out that can change a Pokemon's cry?

For example, let's say I wanted Wingull to have Hoothoot's cry and vice versa. Is there any way to swap those?

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • What actually happens when you use an HM or the bike? I assume it changes your movement permissions/sets a flag? I also assume they could be messed with via scripting?

taka6

wtf?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • here
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    yah!!! first post

Oh kay so... I know this question was asked allready like a 1000 times but i really dont have that kinda time to search through 194 pages with my 56k modem so...

1.) How do i edit movement scripts
    2.) How do i change trainers pokemon
    3.) How do i create a new map using goldmaps
    4.) How do i edit the world map
    5.) Wow do i use unlz.gba

REMINDER- all these questions refer to pokemon gold and silver

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    TILESET

I want to change the colors of just one of the tiles on my tileset, how can i do that without completely changing the the palette

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    1.) How do i edit movement scripts
    Learn basic scripting, and when you get enough practice you'll know what to do.
    2.) How do i change trainers pokemon
    Open your ROM in a hex editor and go to offset 039CC2. This is a list of all the trainers in the game: first is the name, then [50], and then any of the following four data structures:

[00]
    [Level] [Pokemon] (up to 6 times, once for each Pokemon)
    [FF]

[01]
    [Level] [Pokemon] [Attack1] [Attack2] [Attack3] [Attack4] (up to 6 times, once for each Pokemon)
    [FF]

[02]
    [Level] [Pokemon] [Item] (up to 6 times, once for each Pokemon)
    [FF]

[03]
    [Level] [Pokemon] [Item] [Attack1] [Attack2] [Attack3] [Attack4] (up to 6 times, once for each Pokemon)
    [FF]

If you want I can send you a list of what values represent each item and attack. For now, just know that "level" is the level in hexadecimal, and "pokemon" is the Pokemon's Pokedex number in hexadecimal.
    3.) How do i create a new map using goldmaps
    It's much easier to overwrite existing maps than to create new ones. If you need to create a new one, you need strong knowledge of pointers and repointing.
    4.) How do i edit the world map
    The Johto Pokegear map is located at offset 091FFF in a hex editor, and Kanto is at offset 092168. Each 8x8 tile is represented by a byte. The first two rows of the map are normally covered by text in-game, so you won't see any changes unless you start changing bytes further down.
    5.) Wow do i use unlz.gba
    UNLZ-GBA is for GBA games, and not relevant to hacking Gold and Silver.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I need a script for when you move down onto the stairs from a mountain, a guy walks up from below off screen and challenges you to a pokebattle in Fire red. It could be any trainer already in the game. Then I need him to talk and walk away when he's beat.

I'll add the givepokemon part in, but Im not good with movement.

Anyone help?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    What actually happens when you use an HM or the bike? I assume it changes your movement permissions/sets a flag? I also assume they could be messed with via scripting?
    Well I'm pretty sure there are no movement permissions or flags set but take the cut HM for example, all it does is checks if there is a pokemon who knows the move in your team, assigns the number (number in team) to var 600D and plays and the black banner animation with the pokemon who knows the attack sliding past. Then obviously it plays the tree cutting animation and then hides the tree. All of that can be done by scripting. As for the bike there is a special that can activate it.

I'm sorry, but I use YAPE a ton and it currently doesn't possess any Pokemon cry swapper.

Anyone else know a program that can swap cries of Pokemon?
    Pokecry? From the Elitemap package, but that might only be for R/S.

I want to change the colors of just one of the tiles on my tileset, how can i do that without completely changing the the palette
    You don't have to completely change the pallete just the colours you need. But apart from that no you can't.

I need a script for when you move down onto the stairs from a mountain, a guy walks up from below off screen and challenges you to a pokebattle in Fire red. It could be any trainer already in the game. Then I need him to talk and walk away when he's beat.

I'll add the givepokemon part in, but Im not good with movement.

Anyone help?
    Probably not the place to put this, theres really nothing hard in the script what exactly are you having trouble with?

---------------------------------------------

How do you play the Sea Gallop animation? When you use the special it automatically warps you to Vermillion City.

Years
  • Program Help

Hi I am looking for help in finding certain programs in order to create my hack.
    So far I have found mostly everything i need though it was a pain because almost all of the links on this website do not go through and is completely senseless to have a sticky on it since it doesn't work...
    and i believe it should be fixed... because anyone looking for the programs now will have a hard time...
    I have successfully found almost all of the programs through 4shared, the only thing i used this site for was the NAMES of the programs.
    I am asking if someone could give me a couple of names or urls for the download for the last programs on my list...

1. A program to Make my own pokemon
    (someone told me on this site that a program hackedlz could do this, i don't think thats right cuz i couldn't find nothing on the web about this program.)
    If it is right i need a link or help finding it please.

2. A program to transfer pokemon from diamond/Pearl to emerald or FireRed

3. A program to add/create items/moves without deleting or altering any of the moves already on the Rom.
    (I dunno if this is possible, help would be benificial please)

*If anyone could help me with these 3 things please considering i have taken almost a day in trying to get every program i need.
    If you are going to give me a link please chek it ahead of time because 9 out of 10 times i forwarded to a link from the toolbox, it was a dead link because the programmer has canceled their site.
    *I may be out of place, but someone should create a sticky in the toolbox with the tools that cannot be found through the links and give a proper zip file with all the appropriate files so noobs like me can find the files. Some posts had zip ext's and thats the only ones that proved successful for download. If i get the rest of the files i am going to create a post with the zip's.
    *Sorry if i sound jarred it's just that i had trouble finding these programs and this is the main site for these hacks considering every other website linked me to this one, so it should be more useful in my opinion...

Thanks a lot i would appreciate it =)
    Besides I want to Finish my Hack Already!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back