• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm the kind of GM who has a plot planned out at first, but adjusts it to the RPer's ends as they go. After all, it's no fun being railroaded.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am a mix of the second/third kind, mostly ;D but in some RPs I'm a mix of the first/second kind.

EDIT: Aaand, now I can say something. I've decided that I don't want to be a moderator anymore and thus, I've resigned. For various reasons. But it's been lovely to see this place grow into the bustling community it is today :) I hope that it will continue to live strong and be an awesome place when Skymin starts modding instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    YOUR REIGN WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN RHCP, I WILL HOPEFULLY TAKE THIS BOARD INTO A BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW.

hey guys. <:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I am a mix of the second/third kind, mostly ;D but in some RPs I'm a mix of the first/second kind.

EDIT: Aaand, now I can say something. I've decided that I don't want to be a moderator anymore and thus, I've resigned. For various reasons. But it's been lovely to see this place grow into the bustling community it is today :) I hope that it will continue to live strong and be an awesome place when Skymin starts modding instead.

Wait, you're done being mod? Oh, man. :( Well, I will forever cherish the memories of you being our moderator RHCP! And I will honor the RP corner for you as best as I could.

I hope I'll still see you around, though. :)

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • I know this has already been posted, but I really wanna know about your thoughts. If this is any way violating the rules, I apologise.

I thought of a new idea, meant for ten players only. Here's how it works:

The player character from all regions have their Pokemon team up at lvl. 100, but they continue to fight anyone who challenges as "Leaders" of their Region. So to decide who is the strongest of all Five Regions, the eleven player characters meet up in (name region here) to start a tournament called the Master's League. There are 5 battles going on at once, all in one large arena, with one player on the side.

During the climax of those battles, something strange happens. The Pokemon begin to glow...during the middle of the battle. Not a normal glow either. A sinister glow, the colour of the Pokemon's fur/skin/foliage. And then, bam, the Pokedexes break.

These Pokemon have gained a level. All Pokemon are now level 101.

And now, they have lost all sanity.

Everyone runs away, and all the Player Characters/Masters have gone comatose due to the energy from their Pokemon, who are going berserk and destroying everything in sight. The only who can save them, is the Pokemon Trainer who was sitting out. But he/she ran off, and is now searching for ten capable Trainers who are willing to battle these level 101 Pokemon, but no one is the up for the job. He/she is incapable of doing it alone. With no one else to turn to, he/she almost gives up.

Now here are the plotholes:

1. Does this seem reasonable? The only reason why this has happened is because the Pokemon have been overexerted, and once one evolved, all the other tired Pokemon in the battle arena evolved due to the area.

2. Which is the main Pokemon for each player character? Should I chose at random, or look for it in the anime? If so, how do I decide, because some are harder to figure out.

3. I'm either planning on doing one of two things.

One - get the player character to find two players from each hometown village to go with her to train, either by choice or by force. Each trainer will get a Pokemon already level 50, so the only task at hand is to train each Pokemon to a high enough level, and to strengthen the bond.

Or two - get the player character go to a new region, Idona, to ask them if they are willing to do it. The player character will give each ten an egg found in that region. When it hatches, it is already a rather high level (between 25-50).

The defaults of each plan:

1 - Plot may get boring, and I can't think of a way to pep it up while they're training, except for normal events, like drama between characters.

2 - Although this way, the Pokemon in this region are much stronger than in normal regions, and much less passive, therefore more Pokemon in the wild are going to attack. Instead of a group training, it will be one character training only, or maybe in pairs. The only issue with this is that I will have to make my own Pokemon, which could be much harder than one would think.

So based on all this, what do you think?

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • It's too bad you quit being Mod, Rika :< You were one of the nicest RP Mods, in my opinion (though I haven't gotten to know Michaela yet). And one of the nicest all-around ones. Though maybe that's 'cause the RP Corner's more fun to moderate? xD

Anyways, at least the position was passed over to Maddy :3 I definitely know you're a dedicated RPer based on the time I was in Mira's Uprising and now in your RP and Rika's Kanto Rewinded RP, and you also seem like a fun person based on your OOC posts and the like, so I know you'll do well as a Mod! Also please don't zero too much in Don't Let the Mods Say Zero ;o; /yes this is absolutely necessary

Oh and I swear I'm not trying to suck up to you or anything. Don't get the wrong impression, please ;;

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • You guys make it sound like RHCP is going to leave PC. I'm pretty sure RHCP is still going to be lurking around here, posting, and GMing. Also being a backseat moderator, quite like I was(am). xD

Good luck, Skymin! If you have any questions about dealing with the things on the RP corner, I'm sure you can ask RHCP, or myself. Or some of the other staff members.

Sewaddle, I'm not that nice. =P By the way, love the Yellow and Sewaddle picture; Yellow is my favorite Pokemon Special character. <3

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • Well I don't know what the reasons are, RHCP, but if you want the RP Corner to flourish and thrive, me and the Platinum Quarterdeck will try our best :)

*salutes to skymin* Good luck! :D that's all me can say.

Sewaddle, I'm not that nice. =P By the way, love the Yellow and Sewaddle picture; Yellow is my favorite Pokemon Special character. <3

Oh really, Michaela? yes you are :P Accepted my first RP evah! *shakes your hand*

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Oh really, Michaela? yes you are :P Accepted my first RP evah! *shakes your hand*

...Er, lol? You act like it's a big accomplishment; I was a mod, I was supposed to accept RPs. xD Well, unless they had no plot...or no rules...or no SU sheet...Er...xD

(shakes hand back awkwardly)

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • You're definitely nicer than Alter. You wouldn't believe how relieved I was when she accepted my RP ;; I remember knowing that I hadn't missed a thing, and I even PMed some friends to see if anything needed to be fixed, but I was still worried. But Alter intimidated me like crazy. She had her good points, but I didn't really notice such too often.

And thanks~ I totally think my avatar should happen in the manga. Though then what would Sewaddle be named, I wonder? "Waddy" sounds weird, as does "Sewwy"... Idk XD;

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • You're definitely nicer than Alter. You wouldn't believe how relieved I was when she accepted my RP ;; I remember knowing that I hadn't missed a thing, and I even PMed some friends to see if anything needed to be fixed, but I was still worried. But Alter intimidated me like crazy. She had her good points, but I didn't really notice such too often.

And thanks~ I totally think my avatar should happen in the manga. Though then what would Sewaddle be named, I wonder? "Waddy" sounds weird, as does "Sewwy"... Idk XD;

I've never really tried to create an RP, so I wouldn't know what you are talking about. xD I have also never really talked to Alter also, so...xD

I think "Waddy" sounds a bit better than "Sewwy". xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    :3

RP mods need to be nice, I think. They need to give people a chance so that they can an opportunity to practice and improve, without letting really plotless or hasty GMs get their RPs through.

Years
  • I joined when Michaela was mod so I've no idea about Alter Ego but I did see Loki here and there. :3 Aw, those Pelippers have lost their shiny boldness but I won't forget how cool and awesome the RP Corner was under her reign(?) as the.......RP Queen! xD /sounds like cheesy title :P

I just realized how all the past and present mods of this forum are all females. I wonder who will be the first male mod to be crowned RP King. xD (another cheesy title :3)

YES, RP MODS HAVE TO BE NICE!!! 'Cuz if they're not, who will? X3

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Anyways, let's kick off my new reign with a new topic!

Do you base your own characters after real people, other characters from other series or do you make them up as you go?

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
  • *Blasts Yoshika's Theme: Rigid Paradise on the surround sound*

Having well over forty characters... Well, what I did at first was take a name I like/made on the spot (I swear. Natruo doesn't have any hidden meaning) and I takea bunch of different things and mesh together what fits. Now, I basically come up with it on my own.

My favorite character creation, has got to be Bernkastel Vermillia. I love her and her awkward creepiness! She just wants a friend, guys!

Grats on the promo, Maddy!~

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Do you base your own characters after real people, other characters from other series or do you make them up as you go?

Real people? maybe sometimes. But not characters from series though. I often try to make characters that are awfully different from the other ones. One's awfully nice and people take advantage because of that, and one's awfully silent but bloodthirsty *shot*

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Technically, you'll still a new mod, so although we know you are a nice person, we have no way of knowing if you are going to be a nice mod.

...I actually don't know where Miharu Mizushima came from. o.O I think the first time I used Miharu Mizushima was in the Almia League with ORegan (Nice RP, sadly, it died since...Er...>_>; ;~; ) and I think I just made her up. If there's one of the things I dislike the most about personalities, is that you can't really express someone's whole personality in words, even if they are just a character. Since characters will react differently to certain situations, sometimes realizing that a blank mask won't do any good while trying to learn something, or a smile isn't going to cut it when you're in a life or death situation. I think I'll stop here before it turns into a rant, lol. xD I also have no idea how I got from randomly making up Miharu into a personality rant. xD

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • I tend to make my characters up as I go. I may start off basing them off of someone else, but by the time I'm done, most of them look nothing like the person that they were supposed to be. And I think this is because I don't know HOW to be those people. If I make up a character myself, I feel like they're a part of me, and I can play as them more easily.

Also, Congratulations Skymin. I hope you have a good time as Mod, and make the RP corner a better place. I'm sad to see you go RHCP, you were definitely one of my favorite mods. (Although, I really only have Alter to compare you to, and she was terrifying sometimes.)

Years

Uhhhhh....maybe if you toned the caps down a little. xD JK. Don't cry. :'(

Yes and no. Confused? You better be. xP
    Some of my characters have their bits of personality inserted from the real me, whom is dead and you're not talking to it! For Broken(aka YOUR RP :P), I weaved Daphne's appearance and inspiration of Lady Caitlin from Unova. For Inner Animal, Alana was pieced together from a character in an Agatha Christie novel and her personality was partially ripped off from Lady Caitlin's former temperamental self. :P I was fascinated with Psychic type Pokemon and Lady Caitlin during that period. xD

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years

Don't worry, Skymin. You are cool in my book. I am excited to see where the corner will go. It has grown into a great community and I am happy to be a part of it *end sappy mini-speech*

When I first started, almost all my characters had some shred of my own personality in them (usually my sarcasm) and then I ran with any idea I had for the character. This lead to a lot of my characters being nearly identical, however.

More recently, my characters are made up as I go along. More often than not, I take a cliche character idea and mold into something slightly more original. Usually I pick a role I want to play (comic relief for example), think of a gimmick to give the character and then build it around that idea. Sometimes I inject some of myself, my close friends or even characters from other media (video games, movies, books, etc) into the character to make it easier to play (for myself at least) or pull ideas from the D&D role-playing I did when I was younger. Going this route I have created a few characters I honestly enjoy playing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back