• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I'm helping out Yagerbomb with a plot for a KOTOR RP. Hope you all take a look at it if it comes out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm helping out Yagerbomb with a plot for a KOTOR RP. Hope you all take a look at it if it comes out.

Count me in. Well, not entirely sure, it depends on the plot and all of course, but it's very intriguing.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
  • So I've just recently watched a series of Movies again and am thinking of making an RP but first I want to know if anyone would be interested in a Lord of The Rings RP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Woah, many RPs about other things than Pokemon are being discussed here lately..

But those things are just done, there's nothing more we could possibly add, imo 8l

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Honestly, I would be more interested in non Pokémon RPs. Not even other series themed, like why not universes that one has created?

You guys should see the idea I have stored up though it's still developing...

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Honestly, I would be more interested in non Pokémon RPs. Not even other series themed, like why not universes that one has created?

You guys should see the idea I have stored up though it's still developing...

Well I've thought of something I call Aerial but I question how it would be received. And another thing that's kind of like medieval/steampunk. Which could be compared to howl's moving castle. I don't like it though.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • I'd like to see a dark magical girl Roleplay. Dave had that Madoka Magica one, but not enough people joined ;; I mean he could've put in the storyline but I guess he wanted people who actually watched/read the series to join?

Still, if anything I would like to see something like a Madoka RPG. Doesn't have to be Madoka exactly, it could be a made-up magical girl series altogether. And heck, it doesn't even have to be just magical girl; it could include magical boys!

...By the way, when I mean magical girl/boy, I don't mean something like the witches/wizards in Hogwarts. Wiki seems to have a decent explanation.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Dude I'd really love to see more non-pokemon roleplays too.
    (This has nothing to do with the fact that I have ceased keeping up with the new generations... <v<;; >v>;; )

Especially with the variety you guys are talking about, like a magical girl roleplay, LotR... Sounds like fun to me! >u<//

All my tears the day we had to remove the Other Roleplay section because there just weren't enough non-pokemon roleplays to keep it. OTL

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I have everything but before I send the Rp in for approval, I would like to know if you'd rather the characters be only first years or any year?

King!

better
    Years
  • I would go for any year. That gives it more diversity and stuff, and more options for classes. But have it be, like, not TOO old so that they have to graduate this year or anything. Maybe, like, first through third or something.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Are there any ghost RPs out there? *thinks*

Probably. It may just be invisible xD

I like original RPs, I just hope that any original plotted RP has a plot that makes sense; because sometimes in the other forum I go to, the plots seem pretty basic, but when the RP actually starts, its all over the place and everyone is just out on a limbo. @___@

Well, anyhow, shameless advertising, I made a RP here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260078

Isn't it a bit too close to Ye Pokebeast's Journeye? :/ If it isn't, I would like to say its pretty similar xD

I have everything but before I send the Rp in for approval, I would like to know if you'd rather the characters be only first years or any year?

First years is the best option, because then it keeps the RPers on the same level.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    ANY YEAR, ANY YEAR! I wanna be the bad guy. :D Slytherin!!!!!

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • I think for an HP one it would be easier to be a first year. Choosing any year would be a challenge. First and foremost, you'd have to expand your character's history section to include what happened the first x years they were at Hogwarts. What makes this harder is that there could be certain things that did happen in previous years that the GM may wish to hold back. Also, I don't think wizards/witches are allowed to transfer as new students or from one magical school to another, but I'm not entirely sure about that, which rules out that option. Finally, if you're any year besides first year, you'd probably have a group of friends or at least a good few, unless you're a social recluse or psychopath or something. It'd be hard to interact with first years, and you'd have a lot of NPCs on your hands.

Idk. Just my own thoughts.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I think I see what you're saying. Besides that, there will likely be tons of NPCs anyways with the length I want it to be. Thanks for the help guys, I think I made my choice.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I go with the first year option. Like everyone said, you'd need go have an extensive backstory, buttloads of NPCs and plus, it would draw everyone too far away from eachother.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • First year is also an easier start from what I can tell. Like everyone else more or less said, it is easier for the GM to establish a story/world and be creative, as the GM does not need to dance around the sign ups and backstories of the older characters. It is easier for the individual characters to mingle if they are all first years, instead of making up excuses for characters of different ages to interact.

It just makes things easier. Also, Harry Potter fans that only read the first few books (like myself X___X) can join with limited knowledge of the series. For example, I could role-play up to a fourth year since I only read the first 4 books, so I really don't know the classes and perks that come with being a fifth year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back