• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
  • Maddy, you seem eccentric, and I like eccentric. Plus I mean you're eccentric in a good way.

Do you base your own characters after real people, other characters from other series or do you make them up as you go?

Personality-wise, nope. I try and think up personalities on my own and the like. Design-wise, on the other hand... Pretty much all the human characters I've made so far are based off of characters I looked up on the Anime Character Database (which doesn't just have anime characters, but video game ones too o3o). However, when trying to find a "Played By" (that's a LiveJournal RP term) I try to find characters from series that seem rather obscure. Johann in Broken is kind of the only exception so far 'cause his Played By is a character from School Rumble (which isn't too popular, but it's less obscure than other series), but said character is also a minor one, so Idk. I blame LJ for my lack of creativeness on design, though I also blame my pathetic drawing ability, too.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Anyways, let's kick off my new reign with a new topic!

Do you base your own characters after real people, other characters from other series or do you make them up as you go?

Alright, good question!

In every one of my characters is a bit of myself in it as well. I guess that's why all my characters are usually bad guys....hehehe....

But I also take little bits of things from other people and try to make others.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Hmmmmm... I like my characters to represent something within myself. My good side, my bad side etc. etc. I then delve deeper into those parts of myself to make the characters come alive more. You know what I mean?

Years
  • I base my characters off of other things, like Tabletop RPGs(I'm probally the only here who actually plays those), Movies, and the like.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Are you guys sending me a subliminal message or something? ARE YOU SAYING I'M NOT NICE?!?!!!??!? *forever hurt*

Well, my characters are not based off anything, to be honest. I just make them, as the ideas come.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I tend to base my characters (the few I have) on random thoughts or pictures I find. After seeing the picture I usually tend to make the rest up though.

Off topic: What would people think of a Harry Potter RP? I'm currently thinking of ideas for one, mainly because the whole series just ended.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Off topic: What would people think of a Harry Potter RP? I'm currently thinking of ideas for one, mainly because the whole series just ended.

I love love love love love love love love love love (shall I go on?) Harry Potter! If you made one, I will almost certainly join it. xD I say "almost", because it depends on the plot. =P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I usually just think about what kind of character would be fun to play as in the current RP, and then I make it up as I go along, shaping the character from a basic personality and the background story of the RP.

Also, I'd love to see a Harry Potter RP with a decent plot :3 I'm not sure I'd join, but I'd like to read it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I tend to base my characters (the few I have) on random thoughts or pictures I find. After seeing the picture I usually tend to make the rest up though.

Off topic: What would people think of a Harry Potter RP? I'm currently thinking of ideas for one, mainly because the whole series just ended.

Well, I would love a Harry Potter RP :) Except, I would like it to be either based during a war, or a conflict, or during the years Harry's kids are at Hogwarts. ;)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • Well, I would love a Harry Potter RP :) Except, I would like it to be either based during a war, or a conflict, or during the years Harry's kids are at Hogwarts. ;)

maybe something about the Dementors attacking something? Those are cool :D and I like it how everyone has an inner animal spirit inside of them as a protector.

EXPECTO PATRONUM! *shot*

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I would definitely consider coming back to roleplaying for a good Harry Potter RP on PC. *U*d

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • Hey everybody, I have been working on a Star Wars RP, but I do not know which idea I should go for. Here are the two ideas:

1. A RP set shortly after the Great Jedi Purge led by Vader and Palpatine. The RPers would either be Rogue Jedi trying to survive or Bounty Hunters/Imperial Troopers trying to track down Jedi.

2. A RP around the times of the KoTOR series, with the Jedi attempting to keep peace, while the Sith are trying to trigger war.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I would definitely consider coming back to roleplaying for a good Harry Potter RP on PC. *U*d

O.o Loki is back! *hides*

Hey everybody, I have been working on a Star Wars RP, but I do not know which idea I should go for. Here are the two ideas:

1. A RP set shortly after the Great Jedi Purge led by Vader and Palpatine. The RPers would either be Rogue Jedi trying to survive or Bounty Hunters/Imperial Troopers trying to track down Jedi.

2. A RP around the times of the KoTOR series, with the Jedi attempting to keep peace, while the Sith are trying to trigger war.

I haven't played KoTOR, and I'm not a really hardcore fan, but I would like a Star Wars RP quite a lot :)

So, I guess 1 is good for me, and it would be interesting to see the events from the movie tie in with the Characters. :) I can't tell about 2 since I haven't played KoTOR.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You just reminded me about Golden Compass, with the daemons as humans' partners. Maybe I could do a mash-up on the two movies. =3

No, that wouldn't work. x3 Mash ups hardly work. People may be fans of Harry Potter, but may not like Golden Compass. I don't think we should do that. xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    No, that wouldn't work. x3 Mash ups hardly work. People may be fans of Harry Potter, but may not like Golden Compass. I don't think we should do that. xD
    If you were to redo a storyline with a similar concept, people wouldn't think otherwise! Like how I joined Eeveemaster9's Years of Lies with no prior knowledge of the Hunger Games. <:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Obviously the Plot will be longer as it develops.

Intro:

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmistress: Miri Shacklebolt (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear (your name),
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
    Yours sincerely,
    Eurydice Abercrombie, Deputy Headmistress"

First years, whether Muggle-born or Wizard-born, receive this letter every year, giving them the permission to join Hogwarts School. Most are always overjoyed, nervous, etc. Yet this year, both students, old or new, will start to see the world for what it can be...

Plot:

It has been nearly 50 years since the final defeat of Lord Voldemort and everything has seemed to be peaceful since than. Many of the Death Eaters had been convicted, families had been restored, and friendships were forged.

It is known that other Dark Wizards have attempted to reach a height of power, yet they had all failed due to the work of Aurors and other wizards. Lately, it seems that the Dark Arts had started to get stronger. More and more Wizard and Muggle deaths have been confirmed with no one knowing anything about the possible murderers. Aurors think it to be an underground ring Wizards that are growing in power.

Would it be better to have people let their character (Possibly Characters?) be in any year or only first? Understand I'd like this to be rather long just like slls's RP due to the fact that the First Wizarding War lasted 11 years, the Second lasting 3.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    KOTOR roleplay, I'd join.

Actually... any Star Wars RP, I might join.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Obviously the Plot will be longer as it develops.

Intro:

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmistress: Miri Shacklebolt (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear (your name),
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
    Yours sincerely,
    Eurydice Abercrombie, Deputy Headmistress"

First years, whether Muggle-born or Wizard-born, receive this letter every year, giving them the permission to join Hogwarts School. Most are always overjoyed, nervous, etc. Yet this year, both students, old or new, will start to see the world for what it can be...

Plot:

It has been nearly 50 years since the final defeat of Lord Voldemort and everything has seemed to be peaceful since than. Many of the Death Eaters had been convicted, families had been restored, and friendships were forged.

It is known that other Dark Wizards have attempted to reach a height of power, yet they had all failed due to the work of Aurors and other wizards. Lately, it seems that the Dark Arts had started to get stronger. More and more Wizard and Muggle deaths have been confirmed with no one knowing anything about the possible murderers. Aurors think it to be an underground ring Wizards that are growing in power.

Would it be better to have people let their character (Possibly Characters?) be in any year or only first? Understand I'd like this to be rather long just like slls's RP due to the fact that the First Wizarding War lasted 11 years, the Second lasting 3.

Yeah, nice.First Years is good enough, I suppose. So, would it be like an Academy RP?

KOTOR roleplay, I'd join.

Actually... any Star Wars RP, I might join.

Yup, me too. I would like a Star Wars RP too. I think I mentioned that quite a few pages ago.....along with Jurassic Park and Saw xD

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'd be interested in a Star Wars RP, although I've never done a KoTOR based one.

Well, the Harry Potter RP could be classified as an Academy in general, yet instead of having only classes and talking to people, like most Academies, but will have an inner story that the Rpers will participate in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back