• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG HE GOT MODDED AND HE LOOKS SO GOOD IN BLUE

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • At times, I noticed that someone got promoted quite quickly (especially if one of my friends got one), even though at times I'm late at the news, because sometimes I'm too busy to notice that.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • With ClearType off bold is only 1px wider so I don't hardly notice

in seriousness though, I don't even think I have a mod radar, and if it is it's so broken I don't even pay attention to it. I have my picks out of staff personally but those people are already there lol

You just get to know people and some you like, some you're just like eh. I'll say if you don't have that feeling with staff you're not connected with PC much at all. :O

Years
  • I occasionally get lucky and guess new mods correctly. I mentioned offhandedly that Altairis was next to be promoted and she ended up being next. I have people I could see becoming mods, but not sure where they'd go. :)

I can tell you I've had several cases of accurately predicting a mod, some of the notable examples I've gotten spot on over my time here include curiousnathan, Wobbu, Pepperton, Necrum, apocalypseArisen and Wicked3DS. I also predicted Tsutarja would join staff, but Computers & Technology was not the section I had on my mind.

I do know my next picks are going to be a potential new Anime & Manga mod, some new admins (maybe a new smod as well) and now my next one, scouting a potential new partner for Dipu.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • George has informed me that the only reason we're here is to waste our time. I just want to enjoy the ride.

Stressing over who's going to do what, or even caring to begin with beyond a certain minimum, is unnecessary to fully enjoy PC. Have fun, don't care too much, and be cool - that's all you need to do to have a nice time here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When I was 15 and joined here I really noticed because it interested me. I had never been on a forum like this before so it was different to me to see people who just joined the site become a part of the site. I was interested to see what kind of people were modded so I took a lot of notice. It's very obvious who will become staff and who won't and who will probably get booted off so I no longer pay much attention

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Went to go ask Sodom what's the bump rule for OC.

Noticed not Mod anymore.

Had I not had this question, I'd not have even noticed quite honestly :pink_tongue:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I honestly wouldn't notice 'til I venture to the celebrations thread or the community announcements. Or suddenly see the lack of bold red/orange/blue on the username.

But people get promoted and demoted all the time, so idc about mods leaving positions. I'll probably ask why they left the position and that's it. Not gonna say that I'll miss the blue/orange/red color they used to have, 'cause it's just a color. Sheesh.

a potential new Anime & Manga mod

A&M is starting to fall into chaos, man. CHAOS! We need a new mod now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I notice because it's always fun to get to freak the newbies out when they see the dark side of the staff forums for the first time :B

If I hadn't been on staff myself though, I wouldn't have cared or noticed because who is staff and who is not is only relevant if you need help or have a suggestion etc, if I remember correctly how I used to think years back. I only idolized Skymin because rp yeah.

Wow, Dipu.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I notice because it's always fun to get to freak the newbies out when they see the dark side of the staff forums for the first time :B

If I hadn't been on staff myself though, I wouldn't have cared or noticed because who is staff and who is not is only relevant if you need help or have a suggestion etc, if I remember correctly how I used to think years back. I only idolized Skymin because rp yeah.

Wow, Dipu.
    In my defense, I use the %Name format for staff, so I don't see staff in color. Might be the reason why I hadn't realized.

The %Name format in general kinda screws with the colored usernames, though I do notice new staff members thanks to me being staff. I'd probably be oblivious otherwise.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • right now I'm thinking half-ops from IRC

and gosh dipu how could you that was your PARTNER i don't even like know you anymore

...kidding. It's gonna be a brave new world out there without our ever-present Bible character to lead us through the muddy creeks and rivers of the internet tho

WE'LL MISS YOU MAN

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Also luck hax I'm assuming you know exactly what I had for dinner three and a half weeks ago, and at exactly what time and where I was and who I was with, I myself forgot and I need to remember

I'm a busy man and my records of stalking focus only 3 weeks into the past and 3 weeks into your future plans. It's a hard and lonely life having to keep track of everything you wonderful amazing inspirational people do, you know? There are my stalking archives though which belong in a huge warehouse somewhere tho.

George has informed me that the only reason we're here is to waste our time. I just want to enjoy the ride.

what an insightful person this George is I'd love to meet him

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I'm a busy man and my records of stalking focus only 3 weeks into the past and 3 weeks into your future plans. It's a hard and lonely life having to keep track of everything you wonderful amazing inspirational people do, you know? There are my stalking archives though which belong in a huge warehouse somewhere tho.
    Or maybe it's in a locked filing cabinet in a closed down office WHERE NO ONE WOULD EVER POSSIBLY SEE THEM huh

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Since the Community updates are the first thing I see, I do notice if there are new promotions if the Minor Updates gets a new post. I do feel excited to see someone get promoted but at the end of the day, modding is a job after all. But, it's still an honour to help out a site~

As for demotions, sometimes I browse around, sometimes I click on "View Forum Leaders".

Back