• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How tidy is your computer?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Like physically wise? Is the screen nice and clean? Are the keys grime free?

My screen is horribly dirty, full of smudges. My keyboard is full of years of gunk. About nine, ten years to be exact. It has never been cleaned, ever.

How do you keep your computer?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Like physically wise? Is the screen nice and clean? Are the keys grime free?

My screen is horribly dirty, full of smudges. My keyboard is full of years of gunk. About nine, ten years to be exact. It has never been cleaned, ever.

How do you keep your computer?
Keyboard isn't non-stick; it gets full of weird gunk every few days. The screen gets cleaned monthly, and by that I mean I chip all the grime off with the side of a credit card (because I don't care about small scratches). That's for my laptop. My other computers are far dirtier; decaying food in the keyboards, dust all over the parts... not a pretty sight.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Don't even ask about my computer desk. It is littered with soda cans, (probably somwhere in the fifties), dirty dishes, trash, and a few beer bottles.

Years
We should have a "post your desk layout" thread. It achieves the same thing this thread does. I'm sure we used to have one.

My laptop is generally okay. I'm forever pulling hair out of underneath the keys, which is one of the problems with having longer hair. :D Aside from that, the screen keeps fairly clean, and you only most grime when it's outside with glare or running on minimal backlight in class. I occasionally go over it with a damp cloth and get grime out of the little gaps and hinges, but not as often as I'd like.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
My computers are all pretty clean. My MacBook stays shut in sleep mode when I'm not using it, but it's black and shows the dust quite quickly. I take care not to eat close to it because I can't exactly turn it upside-down and shake things out of the keyboard ;D

My iMac G5 I haven't had very long and the keyboard and mouse are brand new. I don't eat near it because it's in my room, but I do have a Pepsi can or two on the desk.

I'm also for some reason responsible for cleaning my parents' computer. It has a beautiful glass-front monitor that I take care to polish up xD;

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I just cleaned my laptop tonight, so it's pretty smudge and dust free. It's a fingerprint magnet though, so it'll be dirty by this time tomorrow night. XD

And the post your desk thread is a good idea. I love threads like that - and we have had one in the past.

Years
In sleep mode, then the HDD isn't running and you can up-turn it and shake stuff out. I wouldn't over-do it, though. Laptops are made so that you can move them around a bit without hurting them. Heck, I've dropped mine several times, and it doesn't freeze up or get corrupted data...

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Well, my PC gets cleaned up everyday, but even then there's some thin layer of dust on it at some parts.

Years
And the post your desk thread is a good idea. I love threads like that - and we have had one in the past.
I just made one here. It's got a twist, though. *smirk*

At one point, the school was spraying down the computer keyboards and mice for fear of swine flu infection... =/ It still hasn't touched our area yet, anyway.

Turke

The Dude
Years
My computer gets cleaned about once every three or four months, so it's kinda dirty.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
every time I eat near it I take a damp cloth over the keyboard, and I vacuum out the keyboard every week. (I also keep a small can of compressed air nearby at all times just in case there is something that gets down into my keyboard. Once a year though I will take off the top case and wipe the dust off of the heat sinks and fans.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I keep the screen nice and glossy. The keyboard gets smudges of food from time to time but I clean it up regularly. I don't really care much about the outside, but it still looks pretty new and shiny and stuff.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
It's very messy on an organazational level - all my documents and folders are all over. On a physical standpoint, it's reasonably clean, but I think I should clean the screen again, and I'm going to clean the keyboard as well.

Sometimes things get stuck under the keys and I have to pop them in order to make them work, however >_>

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
In sleep mode, then the HDD isn't running and you can up-turn it and shake stuff out. I wouldn't over-do it, though. Laptops are made so that you can move them around a bit without hurting them. Heck, I've dropped mine several times, and it doesn't freeze up or get corrupted data...

In sleep mode, my laptop is shut ;D

I would never shake my laptop. I take far too much care of it to exert force on it voluntarily.

I know you're trying to help, but I lol when people talk to me like this and I work in technical support xDD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Mine is very tidy. Everything is where it is supposed to be, I don't have a full trash bin at any time, I don't have programs installed that I don't use, etc. :3

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
My laptop screen gets a lot of dust on it. :\ I cleaned it recently with the cloth that it came with, so it doesn't look so bad now.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
My computer is relatively tidy physically, although it's about due for me to open it up and suck the dust out. :P

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
The screen for the computer I'm using now isn't too bad; no smudges, but I do see a few spots of dirt here and there. As for the keys, they aren't really dirty at all. It's a fairly new computer, and I can see only one or two keys with spots and specs of dirt on them.

Now, if I were using my computer with it's new monitor, I would say it's completely spotless, save for the plastic still covering the outside because I want it to get as little dirty as possible. xD;

Back