• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which'll you choose?

Which one will you choose?!

• Total voters

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I'll definitely choose a boy....even though I'm more fond of the female's and the rival's design. I think the male protagonist kind of took an L in character design! :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I have issues with the guy's hair, I'm still playing as him because I've always played as the guy in past games.

Years
I'mma go with the guy, because I am one. Although if I ever start my file again I'll probably go as the girl just to shake things up a bit- but going as the guy, first.
I usually name my character either my own real-life name, or Gira, or the name of the game (as in the Manga- ie. Blue, Gold, Ruby, White, etc). But I can't really call my character "White 2", so I may go with Gira.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I think I went with male on my last playthrough (at least on White), so I'll be going female on this one. And as always, I'll be using my name.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'll choose the girl so I can use the OT Luna in 5th generation ^^ Woot, I like the design. I'm not sure if this will be in Black 2 or White 2, but since I plan on getting both the other will probably be male.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Ill be picking the girl...as I am a girl...
I don't think she has the best design, but at least shes better than Lyra. Lyra looks like a stupid hipster wannabe. Kris FTW...
Anyway, if there is enough room, Ill be naming her Plasmette. If not, Irony.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
Years
The female! She's absolutely adorable!

I'll name her either Touko; her official name if I like it; or Reira (Because everyone calls her Leia but I hate the name Leia for personal reasons, but Leia says sounds like Layla would would translate to Reira in Japanese).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im choosing the girl character as I always do, I never really like the male Player characters much, it dosent matter, Im a girl so naturally want to play as a girl.

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
I'm really not sure... I don't particularly like either of the designs, but I'm leaning a little towards the guy. I probably won't decide until I get the game and then I'll spend like twenty minutes trying to think of a name, haha.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Boy playing girl cuz she looks awesome, and the boy looks silly.

Maybe name her Zena, my White Boy is named Zeus.

Years
I wish the boy didn't have that hair. It's all good except that. The girl's skirt seems out of place, too, but it's not as weird as the boy's hair so I'll go with the girl.

I'll come up with a name when I get the game.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm definitely choosing the girl protagonist. I rarely ever pick the boy. I haven't decided on the names yet.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm gonna go with the Male Trainer, as I always do, and name him my real-life name- Tyrese

if not, i'll go back to naming him Ash, but i haven't done that since Platnuim lol

blue

gucci
Years
Even though I'm a boy myself, judging by the appearance I will be choosing the girl again! If I get the other version later in the year I'll choose the boy obviously.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Boy Named John Rival Zel and Oshawott Because I Choosed Snivy In White and Tepig Seems Useless To Me

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
I will get the female player, and naming it my own name. I will choose Oshawott or Snivy.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'll most likely be the girl in White and the boy in Black. I'll be naming the boy Neo, as that's been that way since Ruby. As for the girl, either Effie or Santana.

I feel like I'll have more fun playing as the girl, I do prefer her.

Back