• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which'll you choose?

Which one will you choose?!

• Total voters

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I know this isn't quite the question that you asked, but I think that the games should include a few more trainer sprites to choose from. Or, maybe a simplistic character customization. The hero/heroine sprites usually look like generic trainers. I have to admit though, the female hero is much more interesting than most previous heroine sprites. However, words that come to mind when I look at the male sprite for this game are: dweeb, dork, and nerd. So, even though I am male, I think I would rather go with the female hero.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I'm going to choose the dude, for I am a dude, and I shale name him Will, for I am a Will.

I find the male sprite's hair pretty odd lol but I like him a lot more then the guy from the original BW

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Going to choose the male, because I am a male.

I shall name him Mike, because that is my name.

Yerp.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
i would be the boy, cos i am one :)
and call him Jamie, cos that's my name.
I will be happy if they let you change your rival's name, because then i can call him something rude. italways gave me a bit of a thrill in pokemon red when it said "Boober want's a battle"
muhahaha....

pokemonkidtotodile

Pkmn connoisseur
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I typically play as a male in all my games, but for B2/W2 I just might play as the girl because I don't like the male characters design

TheStormPilot

I have no idea.
Years
I'll pick the female like I do in -almost- every game, but instead of naming her some name I usually do I'm going to name her Charles. And if I don't do that I'm going to name my starter Charles. Either way Charles shall be somewhere in that game, because no Pokemon game in my possession will go without the Charlesvasion.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
which ever one i get first, if not both, i will probably choose the girl, and name her kaylee, which is what i wanna name my first daughter lol

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
I will 99% be the girl, I'm sure of it. Love her design the most. As for a name, I'll probably use my girlfriends name or something, haha.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm going to buy both games so I will be male in one, and female in the other. I'm male, so I'll name it after myself. As for the female, I'm not sure, some name will just come to me I hope. But the girl does have a better design.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like how the poll of this thread keeps at an equal constant. Both are the protagonists are cool! I'd choose the male without a doubt if I was a guy, even if the female's design looks better. I love the male protagonist's hair. :[ Great to see that there's a tie between them.

But since I'm a female and the better looking just goes in favor of my gender, I'm choosing her. 8)

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I'm choosing male as always (I never have played the opposite) When I first saw his hair I coudn't help but laugh!
Anyways I'll probably name him either after myself or my username... Then again, I might call him Adam, its always the name I come up with when I can't decide :P

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I really, really, really wish that the guy with the black jewfro was the male protagonist instead of the dolt that they chose. Seriously, a capri and leggings on a male protagonist? That's not at all transsexual. I'll choose him, though, simply so I can name him Frank, after Frank N. Furter, the "Sweet Transvestite".

I prefer the female protagonist, though, in terms of looks.

The guy with the jewfro is beast, though, too bad he's the rival instead of the protagonist.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'll use the rivals default name, but I'll play as the female, and likely will name the file Sho, as per all of my others. xD; Unless I like her Japanese / English canon name enough to use one of them instead of my own name.

c-c-c-combo breaker on the poll.

Girl 30
Boy 29

>w>

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I'll be choosing the guy, because I am a guy and never pick otherwise :P I actually like his hair as well, think it's a bit different :) I'll be calling him Mikey as well, after me of course!

Theta Rex

Euclid
Years
Well, the way it's gone with most generations is: I'd pick the boy to start with, and then at some point in the future, play it through again as a girl.

Though, looking at the two new characters, I'm not exactly jumping for joy over the new male character's design. Just... ugh. So I may just end up picking the girl first this time.

As for the starter, it'll either be Snivy or Tepig.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
I have a strong feeling I'll be playing as a girl for the first time in the series. I just can't stand the boy's hat/hair. Who knows, though. Hopefully it'll grow on me. If I'm playing as a boy, he'll have my name (Ant, short for Anthony :\,) if I'm playing as a girl, she'll be called Mizuki.

Last edited:

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
It'll be the boy as always despite appearance. I always give the male protagonist my real name in all my files. As for starters it's Snivy, because despite being weak against the new Poison type gym leader, it's strong against the other newcomer.

Back