• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    adventure said:
    would you guys happen to have any splendid ideas for what kind of background images we could feature in the splash banners next?
    General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

It could be a wallpaper of sorts, those are found all over the internet if you hit the right tags. I hit steampunk, fantasy, sky, wallpaper on google and the results were awesome! I'd like to see something that has to do with a clear sky, if possible, good for giving an aether impression to the visitors of the corner. Sea works just fine too.

Years
  • @Adventure - I'd like to see other fanciful settings like the steampunk one we have now. Not necessarily more steampunk, but other bizarre, fanciful and/or otherworldly stuff.

Like this sort of stuff (images are spoilered because of their size)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Hello everyone! How's it going? As for the topic....

Would you guys happen to have any splendid ideas for what kind of background images we could feature in the splash banners next?

I actually like gimmiepie's SECOND picture. It's my favorite, because it's a lot more fantasy-like. So, I'd propose something of a more... extravagant fantasy theme. After all, all ideas come from our vivid imaginations, no? Why not show that with something like that second image?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmmm. So really surreal stuff? I'd like to keep a theme going between the RPC and RPL :B

Sea, sounds like a good idea since we've had some pirate RPs etc.

But planets could also be cool. I'll have a look tonight and see if I can find some pics of decent size looking something like you guys suggested.

Years
  • I've been thinking a bit lately and I wonder if perhaps it would be possible to slightly extend the visible page for the RPC. It's been on my mind a bit that RPs that are active but have slow posting could potentially be thrown from visibility even if people are still actively participating. This is especially true of RPs that do a lot of joint posting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been thinking a bit lately and I wonder if perhaps it would be possible to slightly extend the visible page for the RPC. It's been on my mind a bit that RPs that are active but have slow posting could potentially be thrown from visibility even if people are still actively participating. This is especially true of RPs that do a lot of joint posting.
    You can edit your forum options to display all threads since the beginning of time rather than to cut off after a month (or whatever you have set now). I always had it so I could see all threads, regardless of age, and as such can see about 50 threads per page in the index.

Usually, 1 month is a good default cutoff for this forum since it's necroposting to go further back without a good reason. But since we allow the GM to revive threads in the RPC anyways, I could look into changing the default to 2 months or so instead, so that people can see older threads without actively having to edit their options :p

The risk then is a mod-related one; maybe more people won't look too closely and try to join dead RPs. That happens from time to time. But it's okay. We can handle it 8)

Years
  • Thanks for that Adventure
    I just worry somewhat about really good RPs like Golden Age that fall dangerously low because of all the the joint posting.

Reactions: SV
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If any, I wouldn't worry about the Golden Age :p

EDIT: you might have noticed the new splash banners. I, uh, searched for surreal fantasy-like pics but was mostly drawn to the sci-fi ones so there we go. Some kind of pink/orange space theme going on! Is it okay? Is it horrible?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Aaaaaaaaaaand we're back.

Well, I'm back. Uni is over. I graduate in like a month. And I'm out and about, looking for sick roleplays to join!!! :B

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    If any, I wouldn't worry about the Golden Age :p

EDIT: you might have noticed the new splash banners. I, uh, searched for surreal fantasy-like pics but was mostly drawn to the sci-fi ones so there we go. Some kind of pink/orange space theme going on! Is it okay? Is it horrible?

They looked friggin epic. Almost makes me want to be in a Sci-Fi RP. Someone should make one of those.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaaaaaaaaaand we're back.

Well, I'm back. Uni is over. I graduate in like a month. And I'm out and about, looking for sick roleplays to join!!! :B
    MADDY. Finally.
    <3

They looked friggin epic. Almost makes me want to be in a Sci-Fi RP. Someone should make one of those.
    Yes, where's that Mass Effect RP someone says every other half-year that we should make?

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Yes, where's that Mass Effect RP someone says every other half-year that we should make?

I think the time and dedication it would take to create an RP that spans multiple solar systems, and planets, making it overly sandbox, is a task no one want's to take. It would require more than 2 GM's (to be done at a comfortable rate without overstressing the GM's) and a good few restrictions so that people can't warp to some unheard of planet and just god-mode. It would be very fun as it sounds like a large scale project and might involve a fair amount of the community, leading to some long term communication among RP'ers.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think the time and dedication it would take to create an RP that spans multiple solar systems, and planets, making it overly sandbox, is a task no one want's to take. It would require more than 2 GM's (to be done at a comfortable rate without overstressing the GM's) and a good few restrictions so that people can't warp to some unheard of planet and just god-mode. It would be very fun as it sounds like a large scale project and might involve a fair amount of the community, leading to some long term communication among RP'ers.
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be like that. The players could be aboard the Normandy as part of the team a la original Mass Effect plot, and the GM would play the captain and some other important powerful characters. Thus, the characters would always go to the same planet.

... Now I want a Star Wars: KOTOR RP :p

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Star Wars eh? I'm totally in for it, and it should be an event too! But GM for it... I really don't care who, as long as they are active for it! :)

Years
  • Coming this Summer/Winter, Gimmepie and SV bring you...

General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

AGONY
    The Battle of Del Rio
    Almost two years ago life on Earth changed forever. The attack came without warning; we saw it coming but didn't know what it was. On the 31st of August 2016 astronomers around the world detected a small, but widespread shower of meteorites that would impact the Earth on every continent in an unprecedented event. The human race waited and watched, the whole time not realising that our conquerors were upon us.

The day after the impact scientists all over the world were calling in, vying for the title of the first to make the discovery. Rather than finding smoldering fragments of rock, what researchers found were strange metal canisters leaking a milky ooze, and within the unknown chemical were several strange creatures resembling insect lava. It was the discovery of a life time; extra-terrestrial life had landed on Earth. We were all eager to learn more about these alien life forms. If only we had known what they were, what they would do. Just two more days passed before the first news of an attack was heard.

In the span of two days the lava had created a chrysalis of white goo and completed their change. What did they become? Monstrous beasts resembling bugs found here on Earth, several different varieties each with its own devastatingly destructive abilities. In a matter of weeks, all around the world, cities were overwhelmed, with our militaries unable to risk bombings or nuclear attacks and unable to defeat the hordes via any other conceivable means. Even now the aliens are still breeding and attacking in a never-ending cycle. We don't even know why they are here. We call them Caelopods – Bugs from the Sky. It's a name that doesn't sound too intimidating but now it leaves even the bravest men quaking with fear. I don't think we can hold out much longer.

- An excerpt from the journal of General James Archibald.
    His journal was discovered by a fleeing rescue team during the fall of New York.​

Basically, if you enjoy sci-fi and wartime themes and influences and a fast-based and thrilling plot this will be the RP for you. SV has some stuff on that will keep us from posting until Summer (for Southern Hemisphere people like me) but we thought we'd let you know that the sci-fi RP everyone seems to have been craving is on the way.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Basically, if you enjoy sci-fi and wartime themes and influences and a fast-based and thrilling plot this will be the RP for you. SV has some stuff on that will keep us from posting until Summer (for Southern Hemisphere people like me) but we thought we'd let you know that the sci-fi RP everyone seems to have been craving is on the way.
    Looks cool ;);)

It's so strange that summer is coming for some now. Hopefully that means some will have more time for RPing! (The Australian RP season has begun?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back