• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I finished the SU template and the Introduction post template for the Fakemon and Fantasy roleplays. Now I just need to add storys, rules, ect. to them. Any Ideas that might help me?
    Shouldn't you begin with the story when making a RP?:) well of course, sometimes you just have a general plan for what you want to do and have to come up with a suitable plot for it, yeah.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    Shouldn't you begin with the story when making a RP?:) well of course, sometimes you just have a general plan for what you want to do and have to come up with a suitable plot for it, yeah.

I know what stories I want, I'm just working on making them, well..... better.

Edit: Also, has anyone made a star wars roleplay?

I don't know where I should place this on The PokèCommunity so I'll just put it here for now.

What is the longest post ever on the forum? And do spoilers increase the maximum size of a post? (ex: if you made a post and reached the size limit, if you put all of it in a spoiler then added more to the post outside of the spoiler, will it be a bigger than normally allowed post?)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I know what stories I want, I'm just working on making them, well..... better.

Edit: Also, has anyone made a star wars roleplay?

I don't know where I should place this on The PokèCommunity so I'll just put it here for now.

What is the longest post ever on the forum? And do spoilers increase the maximum size of a post? (ex: if you made a post and reached the size limit, if you put all of it in a spoiler then added more to the post outside of the spoiler, will it be a bigger than normally allowed post?)
    Yep, there has been some Star Wars RPs in the past! If you are a caring GM, they can probably become popular.

As for your length question, I'll ask staff if they know 8) but the place to post such things in general would be Community Feedback & Questions, which should be a section near the very top of PC's index. There you can post any questions or suggestions you have about PokeCommunity as a forum.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That being said, I haven't heard any of roleplay posts being so long they reach the character limit :P.

If you did happen to have that problem, I'm sure we'd allow a double post XD.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    That being said, I haven't heard any of roleplay posts being so long they reach the character limit :P.

If you did happen to have that problem, I'm sure we'd allow a double post XD.

SV and Raikiri's Aerion/Hyrus. Their main post was split between two because it reached the maxc word count (10k words I believe?)

Reactions: SV
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I remember hearing at one point about the word limit being something like 64000 characters?

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    I have been inspired to make a realistic and a sci-fi RP. I might make the realistic one military or school life but I'm confused on how I should do the sci-fi RP. I have a feeling that the sci-fi rp will be very complicated. If I make the realistic one school themed it'll be mostly for enjoying ourselves. If you feel I'm doing too much with 4 RPs (Pokèmon, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Realistic), don't worry I'll pace myself.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I have been inspired to make a realistic and a sci-fi RP. I might make the realistic one military or school life but I'm confused on how I should do the sci-fi RP. I have a feeling that the sci-fi rp will be very complicated. If I make the realistic one school themed it'll be mostly for enjoying ourselves. If you feel I'm doing too much with 4 RPs (Pokèmon, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Realistic), don't worry I'll pace myself.

...And all the people that say this end up failing. I'm in no means saying don't try, but maybe you should pace yourself now with 4 RPs. You may seem like you can handle a 5th now, but you never know what the future would hold. My advice would be to focus on those 4, do the best you can, and once one finishes (or dies), start another one. Don't be in a hurry to release an RP.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    That's exactly how I was planning to do them.

Oh, I thought you were already doing 4, my bad. In that case, apply my logic, but to the two you're in. It's better to focus on very few (making nice posts, posting frequently, etc) than splitting your time between 4 or so. You may think you have the time now, but you may not later on down the road.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are you currently a player in someone else's RP? It is certainly recommended to play for a bit to get the gist of things before you attempt to run a RP yourself, let alone 4.

Also iirc there's one person who can handle that :) gimmepie!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    Do any of you think that a casual school/life (but a bit more interesting) RP would do well?

Are you currently a player in someone else's RP? It is certainly recommended to play for a bit to get the gist of things before you attempt to run a RP yourself, let alone 4.

Yeah, I'm in Rose Quartz's Sword Art Online Sanctuary roleplay, and I made my first post for it 2 days ago. I won't make/post the RPs until after I finish this one and I'll do them one at a time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do any of you think that a casual school/life (but a bit more interesting) RP would do well?
    Maybe. We have had some school RPs that have been very popular, but others that have been overly complicated and died early on. I myself haven't cracked the secret! Maybe one key thing is to keep it active and post often, though.

Years

Also iirc there's one person who can handle that :) gimmepie!

I'm just amazed someone remembers that xD
    If Fragmented is still around going (*cough it better be) when Agony comes out I'll be up to three again since I have another I'm planning to post in the near future ;)

I have to say though, I'm sure anyone could manage an abundance of RPs with enough thought, co-GMs and a mild to severe obsession. Pacing ones self is definitely a good idea though, it's a good idea to let your RPs build up a bit before you start posting others.

I'm kind of tempted to try and beat my record for GMing now... but that would probably be disastrous haha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just want Crossroads to live until the end 8) so far we've reached the third (but really it's the second) city lmao.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    So I'm thinking of developing a mega evolution center RP just trying to decide if I want it to be a journey RP or a Mystery Dungeon one. What does anyone else think?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    So I'm thinking of developing a mega evolution center RP just trying to decide if I want it to be a journey RP or a Mystery Dungeon one. What does anyone else think?
    Maybe have a chat to Nakuzami, and you guys could co-GM one together!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    [I'm post #999]

My Pokèmon RP is almost ready to be posted!!! {XD} The last thing I need to do is add names to the cities.
    (Drakath) is very excited {XD}

Update: It's ready!!! {XD} I'll post it either on my birthday or on New Year's Day. Well, tomorrow I'll start working on the School/Life RP.

I vote mystery dungeon type RP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not necessarily a strict PMD one, but it would be fun to play as a pokemon and be able to Mega Evolve, like Mewtwo Y could in the movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back