• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hi guys

I'm adding a few more errors to the list (I don't think they have been listed so far)

Mt Perin - Upper floor
    There is a ladder that doesn't do anything, you can just walk over it, it's above a hiker trainer and near the drophole to the fossils

Mt Perin - Upper floor
    When you fall through the drop hole, you cannot take the left fossil, it just repeats a speaking script but no person appears.

Mt Perin - Lower right floor
    After going up and down several ladders to the right in Mt Perin, you fight the hiker, go through the side door and come to a ladder that you cant step on.

Mt Perin - Lower floor
    Towards the end of the cave is a bug catcher who doesn't engage you unless you talk to him. (It's not an error as such but I didn't know if it was meant to be that way)

1stly, great hack mate, stunning tiles, great scripting etc. Kudos for your hard work. The snow city looks AWESOME, better than anything Nintendo did. The only suggestions I would make are

1 - Adding running shoes just for convenience
    2 - Change one of the trade people, they both offer the female Nidoran species for a male. (Yes one is Nidorino and one is Nidoran but still...) I would personally change the 2nd one as by the time you reach him/her your going to have the evolved species...and perhaps just change it to spice it up, make it a pokemon you can't normally catch perhaps.
    Sorry for no screenies, I will add them if you wish me to

They're just my suggestions though mate, well done once again.
    Thanks for the list, I've fixed those now.

You get the running shoes from your dad after you deliver the parcel. I'll be changing all the trades in the next beta.

Hey, Thrace, is the givepokemon after the nickname sequence? If not, there's something up...:\
    You mean the givepokemon command? Nope, its before.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'm going to be a Hackmew annoying and say that givepokemon isn't a command, it's a construct.

Anyway, I just realised about the new palettes and path and they look sweet. :D

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    she cut the tree for you so you can get into the research lab for your dad(you get a pokedex there)

Nope, I never cut that tree down. I couldn't get the HM cut?
    When I went into the statue, the pokeball disappeared after i got out? I never got it.

Years
  • Just wait for the next release. It'll be out as soon as I get OW sprites for the hero/heroine.
    I tried to fix this for myself...however, i got lost using advance map. Anyway you can give some easy directions, or maybe just fix that one thing and rerelease it?
    Thanks so much!!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I've uploaded the fixed beta 3 again. It doesn't have any game breaking bugs and its got the new hero OWs. It doesn't have the running, fishing or swimming OWs yet so it'll look weird when you try it. Don't worry about Nate having a ?? sprite for Dusknoir either. I'm just having some problems inserting the sprite.

You can get it from the first post or here.

EDIT: I'll put up new screenshots later on.

Years
  • Hey I like your hack, it's pretty good so far. Maybe its just my ROM, but the new latest version has a ton of major bugs in it. Here's a weird example I found
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    This happens when I try to go back to Pelchoir path. Also in ther previous version and in the current one, when I try to talk to my rival to battle him after the second badge (second time if I'm not mistaken) he talks and then the game crashes as the battle starts. If its not just my ROM only that's having the bug issues I'll show you some more if you need to get them fixed. I like the choice of starters, good luck finishing the hack :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    thanks for the rerelease. nice new hairdo. :)

I got to temshore but when i fight my rival, the game goes black and we dont fight.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey I like your hack, it's pretty good so far. Maybe its just my ROM, but the new latest version has a ton of major bugs in it. Here's a weird example I found
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    This happens when I try to go back to Pelchoir path. Also in ther previous version and in the current one, when I try to talk to my rival to battle him after the second badge (second time if I'm not mistaken) he talks and then the game crashes as the battle starts. If its not just my ROM only that's having the bug issues I'll show you some more if you need to get them fixed. I like the choice of starters, good luck finishing the hack :)
    Yeah, it'll almost definitely be your ROM. Try patching to the squirrels dump.

thanks for the rerelease. nice new hairdo. :)

I got to temshore but when i fight my rival, the game goes black and we dont fight.
    Not sure why that would happen. It works ok for me. If you have to just move the script tile with A-Map.

I've updated the first post with the new screenshots.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Nice, they look pretty nice.

Why was the thread closed, btw?

Oh, I found a small bug thingy.

pokemongenesis01ml0.png

The sand in the hometown doesn't have footsteps but the one in the beach does.

>.< The palettes...sadface.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Nice, they look pretty nice.

Why was the thread closed, btw?

Oh, I found a small bug thingy.

pokemongenesis01ml0.png

The sand in the hometown doesn't have footsteps but the one in the beach does.

>.< The palettes...sadface.
    I closed it because I didn't want anyone to post in it till I'd uploaded the new screenshots.

Its supposed to be like that.

21eeveevulpix

Master of the Eons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Fixed Beta 3 - I have a problem with it, I am fairly sure that the female hero overworld sprte should not be in a negative state, is this just me, I use Visual Boy Advance 8.0.3 or something like that.

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
    Years
  • Well i like this game.
    1st cause of the cool charcter^^
    Then because I would like to know how the game ends :P
    Hope you FInish this game somewhen and not end at 4 beta .

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    What's supposed to be like that? Palettes or sand? If palettes, I was just voicing my displeasure. :\
    Both are.

Fixed Beta 3 - I have a problem with it, I am fairly sure that the female hero overworld sprte should not be in a negative state, is this just me, I use Visual Boy Advance 8.0.3 or something like that.
    Yeah I should've said before. The female hero can't be used yet.

Well i like this game.
    1st cause of the cool charcter^^
    Then because I would like to know how the game ends :P
    Hope you FInish this game somewhen and not end at 4 beta .
    The main story finishes in beta 4 anyway.

I've fixed the reflection problem.
    PokemonGenesis_01-1.png

I've also mapped the only forest in Serao. I'll probably edit it from time to time. I didn't spend much time on it.
    PokemonGenesis_06-1.png
    PokemonGenesis_05-1.png
    PokemonGenesis_04-1.png
    PokemonGenesis_03-1.png
    PokemonGenesis_02-1.png
    PokemonGenesis_01-2.png

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Huh, which sprites should I make for you first? Complete the hero sprites or start the basic movements of the heroine? I'd be glad to make more sprites for. I really like it when my sprites are used in ROM hacks and games, especially in successful ones (and when they take up such a large role!). Nice new screenshots, too! Good luck, Thrace!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I found a pretty nasty bug:

After you visit the 10th floor of the library in Latim City and go through the event, you can go to the route south of the city. From there, every time I go to battle my rival, the screen fades to black as it would normally, but it never opens up to the battle again.

The problem might be that I haven't beaten the local gym yet, so I'll see if you can get through it that way.

Back