• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • So the top of the PL looks even better. Now Liverpool can even make do with a draw against Chelsea. Beautiful. I'm really really looking forward for a Liverpool-Atleti double if only to be able to look with a 3-metre-long smile to all the "you're gonna bottle it" haters.

On another news, Madrid were the less worse team in a pathetic match in which a Barcelona defender scored through a corner kick header (!) and Ancelotti out-Mourinhoed Mourinho's tactics. Amazing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I'm sure I've seen something like that were the whole stand reacts to what the linesman does, it's really funny.

Anyway, actors look away before you're traumatised by the acting performances of Jonathan Woodgate, Ben Gibson and George Friend advertising our season card renewal...

I'll never know who thought this was a good idea, but at least it's good to laugh at.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Reminds me of our ''fancy a game, lads'' kit vid.

Was pretty funny when he was shown asking the Manchester City team the exact same question on ove of those tunnel cam videos.

Years
  • Atletico Madrid now three wins away from winning the title. Impressive.

Weekend Predictions: Expect Norwich to be trashed as usual against Liverpool and Suarez. Suarez has scored 11 against them in last 4 games! We should also win at Braunschweig to get our confidence up against Real Madrid.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'll be surprised if Norwich wins any of their remaining games. The rest of the season has essentially made relegation a sure thing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It is a sad day where the neutral will be supporting Liverpool over one of the relegation threatened sides. I suppose we are an evil club though, for sacking one of the nicest men in football.

Ivysaur

Years
  • Well, the problem is that the alternative is Billionaire Team #1 or Billionaire Team #2 Featuring Mourinho winning the League :\

Years
  • ^Yeah, for the same reason I'll be wanting Liverpool to win the league. I can't stand Chelsea and Mourinho.

Also shaking my head at how **** we've turned since winning the league at Berlin. There's no way we're going through to the CL final if we play like this.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I really am in the minority that want Chelsea to win it.

The Football Discussion Thread!

Well, there's one player that will most probably be out of the game with us next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivysaur

Years
  • 71 mins: Well indeed, Jacob...

@JacobSteinberg
    Sunderland are unlikely kingmakers.

GOAL! Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland (Borini 82)

82 mins: Borini passes it down the middle. Merseyside erupts.

Well I guess it's okay if Norwich win now. Would be nice if Barça helped the other side by losing tomorrow.

Rui Faria looked sort of mad.

Well, admittedly, Rui Faria looks kind of mad even while he's sleeping.

Years
  • I don't like this at all, but I saw first hand yesterday what a relegation threatened side can become capable of (and Milwall are terrible so it was definitely a one off) so I still have faith that Norwich can stop the Liverpool run.

Atlético are much safer which is good because I'm happy for them to win.

Back