• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    After the recent game I'd rather Liverpool not win it. Skrtel's volleyball, Suarez being too entertaining to send off despite his obvious cheating and the media love in more nauseating than the one they had over Swansealona.

Come on Chelsea.

Hopefully they go the same way as the Welsh tiki-taka: back to mid-table.

To be honest I'm already looking to the transfer window. I just wish there were a way for United to get rid of both RVP and Rooney without losing face. Former was very unprofessional with the "in my spaces" interview and also will be constantly injured with Moyes' training methods. The latter has been on a downward spiral since 2009-10 season and his new contract is beyond belief, he's as far off Ronaldo and Messi as Cleverley is presently off CL-winning centre-mid quality.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    If Norwich stay up I'm looking forward for the transfer window, not particularly because of potential incomings but I'm desperate for us to keep the likes of Ruddy and Fer. Away from Norwich the transfers of all of the top 7 should be interesting, especially if Everton beat Arsenal to 4th.

Liverpool and Everton should be attracting some big names. I think Chelsea will be rather busy. Citeh always are. Arsenal and Manchester United need some major work and Spurs will probably have a new manager with new ideas.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Aston Villa have suspended assistant manager Ian Culverhouse and head of football operations Gary Karsa pending an internal investigation.

Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his coaching staff, the club has said.

Villa did not explain why Culverhouse and Karsa had been disciplined.

The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Also just noticed how close Ipswich are to the playoffs. I'd probably get shot down for saying this but if we stay up I'd half want Town in the Premier League too. Would make next year's relegation battle slightly more fun.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I know circumstances are somewhat different with the new developments and all but seeing all this coverage given to Hillsborough seems a bit wrong. I hope those that died at the 1985 European Cup Final are in the prayers of those Liverpool fans as well.

Not to mention the non-Liverpool related things like the Valley Parade fire.

Years
    I know circumstances are somewhat different with the new developments and all but seeing all this coverage given to Hillsborough seems a bit wrong. I hope those that died at the 1985 European Cup Final are in the prayers of those Liverpool fans as well.

Not to mention the non-Liverpool related things like the Valley Parade fire.

Well, it was the 25th anniversary of the tragedy, of course it was going to get a lot of coverage.

El Clasico Copa Del Rey final on - Real Madrid currently leading 1 nil.

Pop Quiz: Which one of Real Madrid's defender will be sent off first? Ramos or Pepe? (latter is already on a yellow!)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Valley Parade fire 25th anniversary was a few years ago now and it got hardly any column inches.

Those Premier League games. Man City and Everton taking pretty damaging results. Sunderland almost making the relegation battle even tighter.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Thanks very much Sunderland. STILL A LONG LONG WAY TO GO TO GET THE TITLE THOUGH.

Sorry Lapras, but I'm hoping for a nice big 5-0 rout of Norwich to supplement our goal difference a bit. <3 (also City shoulda had a penalty for Skrtel's handball, Suarez shoulda had a penalty for being wrestled to the ground by Kompany, and the first yellow card for Suarez was not a yellow card. Red card to Henderson was a classic red unfortunately.)

Years
    Thanks very much Sunderland. STILL A LONG LONG WAY TO GO TO GET THE TITLE THOUGH.

With their current form, Liverpool are going to win it. City bottled it big time. Chelsea need to win at Anfield which is a huge ask especially with their game being sandwiched between two CL ties against Atletico.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Nothing is certain in football. But this is without a doubt Liverpool's best shot at a first title in my life time.

Norwich: FEAR RATING - THREE - I'm a little unsettled by the fact they're a team fighting for their life, but at the same time, Luis Suarez is an absolute plague for Norwich, and they're going to be marking the hell out of him... unfortunately for Norwich, we have a lot of goals elsewhere. There will be goals.

Chelski: FEAR RATING - EIGHT - There's nothing Jose Mourinho does better than screwing over a team with unpleasant unappealing and sometimes outright sly tactics when he needs to. They're definitely the biggest threat to our point tally... but if he plays for a draw, that's perfectly okay as it stands thanks to City.

Crystal Palace: FEAR RATING - SIX - And after one difficult tedious match, what better way to follow it up than with another one? Pulis teams are so irritating to break down, and if we're not playing our very best, we're going to suffer to counter attacks galore. And if we're defending badly...

Newcastle: FEAR RATING - ONE... for now. - I don't see any danger in this game. I hope I'm right.

Also #sayingtoomuch:

Spoiler:

Years
    Oh Everton you had to blow it didn't you...

Also just noticed how close Ipswich are to the playoffs. I'd probably get shot down for saying this but if we stay up I'd half want Town in the Premier League too. Would make next year's relegation battle slightly more fun.

I wouldn't like it personally because it means one of the bigger Championship sides will stay down and make it more difficult for Boro, but I suppose we'd be lucky to do anything next season anyway so yeah why not let Ipswich up. If it stops QPR from going up, I'd be happy anyway.

That own goal further up the page is absolutely marvellous by the way.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Everton still have both of the Manchester teams and a tough game at Southampton before the final day. Hopefully this means Arsenal can come to Norwich in 'on the beach' mode on the final day, with the cup final in mind as well. Would be horrible for everyone but the neutral if both sides needed to win there.

Back