• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon Your Digital Dream[NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE!]

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Guys when we beat ogremon what are we doing im stuck

Nothing, that's the end of the Demo...

You can go back to the Center and talk to them. Once you do, they'll literally say, that the Demo ends there ^^

Greetings

Years
  • Guys, you can find Demidevimon only during evening/night, Mushroomon is not available in the beta, i put it in the screenshot because he is a Digimon ready for the next release. About Salamon i see some of you want it as a playable Digimon both for boy and female charachter...Let me know if you want Salamon to be available from the begin or maybe with a quest.

About Armor guys i think the better option is this:

They are Digimon with variable strenght, some are like Champion, some like Ultimate or Mega (Magnamon for example). Maybe someone like Rookie. I think pokemon's mega evolution is not the best option for armor, especially when your Veemon digivolve to Xveemon at 16. I have a question to all of you about Armor: do you think they should digivolve? For exemple Flamedramon should digivolve at a certain level?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Guys, you can find Demidevimon only during evening/night, Mushroomon is not available in the beta, i put it in the screenshot because he is a Digimon ready for the next release. About Salamon i see some of you want it as a playable Digimon both for boy and female charachter...Let me know if you want Salamon to be available from the begin or maybe with a quest.

About Armor guys i think the better option is this:

They are Digimon with variable strenght, some are like Champion, some like Ultimate or Mega (Magnamon for example). Maybe someone like Rookie. I think pokemon's mega evolution is not the best option for armor, especially when your Veemon digivolve to Xveemon at 16. I have a question to all of you about Armor: do you think they should digivolve? For exemple Flamedramon should digivolve at a certain level?

Depends will there be a DNA Splicer for Xveemon & Stingmon ?
    Armor as Mega is a good thing tho , because this gives me the opportunity to either keep Veemon or Evolve him and lose the Armor ability.
    Armor should not evolve at a certain level ...

Reactions: Raj

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • I know there's a list of all the currently available digimon in the demo so far. anyone interested in helping me create a guide to what digimon appear were and when? I feel like it's going to be a little longer before the next Beta, so I'm going to try and 100% and capture all the possible digimon then train them up to Champion level. And with the Variations on Happiness, time of day, and level for Evolutions there's going to be a lot of training.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    Crap...Lost all the text I had typed...well here I go again.

For Gatomon, I'd rather it be a quest unless you can get starters on down the line by capturing them. If you can then I dunno, but I don't like gender restricted starters at all really. I hate gender restrictions on anything.

You COULD make them just digivolve into them plainly, but there'd be so many digimon that would just literally stay champion. For example if you used the digi egg of courage on Hawkmon, you'd get Allomon, but he wouldn't be able to digivolve into anything else. One solution to this COULD be to only allow the evolutions from the show into the game, and make a line out of them, but in doing that, you'd STILL have Pegasusmon and Nefertimon as only champions with no higher forms, Halsemon and Digmon could only become ultimates(Shurimon and Submarimon), and only Flamedramon would be able to go all the way(Raidramon into Magnamon). You could use them as alternate champions like Ambush said, but in doing that, it'd kinda ENSURE your ultimate became a certain one, unless you used multiple other evolutions from the DMA that they could go into, and it may make a way to get some digimon with moves you couldn't normally get, but I doubt many(Flamedramon for example would likely have moves similar to Exveemon or Veedramon with the exception of his specials) Also the fact that Veemon could possibly turn into a digimon with mega level moves would be kinda disturbing.

I honestly think a form change would be the best option. Just make all the digi eggs hold items that change forms of any digimon that can armor digivolve WITH that digiegg into the form it would become. In doing this you could do two things to add some uniqueness to them. I also have another idea as to not make the digimon very limited to certain levels or forms. I'm gonna use Veemon as an example:

Say you have a Veemon level 11 with Vee Head Butt, and a Digiegg of Courage. You make your Veemon hold the Digi Egg of Courage, and his form changes into Flamedramon. His type has now changed from normal to fire(That's one thing for uniqueness), and his Vee Head Butt has changed into Flaming Fist. Flaming Fist if Flamedramon's weaker special attack.

Now, later on your Veemon digivolves into ExVeemon, and gets his Exveemon special, Vee Laser. You make your Exveemon hold the Digi Egg of Courage(or he was still holding it as Veemon), and his form is still changed to Flamedramon. In addition to this, your Vee Laser has changed into Fire Rocket, Flamedramon's strong special attack.

If you didn't understand, basically make any MAIN digivolution of the digimon also able to change forms to armor digimon, in order to make them still viable later on, while also changing their special attacks into different special attacks of the form they've changed into. Your rookie attack will be a rookie damage ability(The weaker one of the two main attacks most digimon have), and your champion's attack will be equal to a champion damage ability(The stronger of the two main attacks most digimon have). Now for armor digimon that are equal to the ultimate level, you could make only the champion and ultimate abilities change into the attacks of he digimon. For example, Vee Head Butt would still be Vee Head Butt, but Vee Laser would change into Lightning Blade while V-Wing Blade would change into Blue Thunder, if you were holding the Digi-egg of Friendship(I used Aero Veedramon since there is no ultimate for Exveemon, so I'm assuming both Exveemon and Veedramon will become AeroVeedramon as ultimates mainly). For Magnamon, however, he has 3 attacks, so the Champion level attack would still change, but it'd change into Magna Attack, while the Ultimate level attack would change into Magna Blast, and the mega level attack would change into Magna Explosion.

If it is actually possible to change signature attacks into other attacks by hold items, then this is how I would suggest you do it. I'd also suggest Pipismon to be Patamon's ultimate armor and Lynxmon for Gatomon's ultimate armor if this is possible. If this idea ISN'T possible, then I have no idea what to do aside from Ambush's idea. Armors are a very tricky thing to deal with without making it a permanent digimon, and making it a permanent digimon could either make that digimon rather useless or lock it into a certain evolution line, unless you tie a heck of a lot of digimon lines together.

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • Okay guys!
    Here's what I've discovered for what Digimon appearing which areas and when.
    Bit Forest (Day): Kunemon, Palmon, Vegimon, Wormmon, Floramon,
    Bit Forest (Night): Dokunemon, Aruraumon, Falcomon, DemiDevimon
    Mountain Route Pond (Day/Night): Otamamon, Gizamon, Yanmamon, M-Betamon
    Mountain Route Fishing (Day/Night): Otamamon, Crabmon, Gomamon, Syakomon
    Mountain Route Trail (Day/Night): Kokatorimon, Shamamon, Goblimon, Biyomon, Bearmon, Gotsumon.
    Scripted Events: Tentomon
    If anyone discovers a new one or One i missed Tell me about it and I'll update the list.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    <snip> I'd also kinda be disappointed if Raidramon was weaker than Exveemon, since I've mostly seen him with the power of an ultimate. Also, if they did that, how would Magnamon fit in? Another good use for this could be determining if you want to keep your Veemon in it's rookie form or not.
    <snip>

I'm curious, where did you see that Raidramon is comparable to Ultimate level? I know JesuOtaku's Digimon retrospective assigned Armor Digimon as somewhere between Rookie and Champion in power. Although, yes, they did stand up to some Ultimate Digimon (like enslaved MetalGreymon and Digitamamon), they never actually beat any Digimon, only destroyed the dark rings/dark spirals. In fact, no Digimon they caught in their attacks was ever destroyed, which agrees with their attacks being a little bit weaker. (Admittedly not the only explanation). It also explains why the '02 Digidestined stopped using Armor evolutions once they got Champion level Digivolutions. (It does imply the Champion form is stronger). I mean, if Raidramon is effectively an Ultimate, why was Davis turning to ExVeemon until Paildramon came about?

As for Magnamon, yeah, he's a Mega. But Golden Armor Digivolutions are different from standard Armor Digivolutions. (Aside, it would kinda be cool if I Golden Armored Patamon to Rhinomon). Although what I've seen places most Golden Armor at roughly Ultimate. Like Rapidmon in the movie. Maildramon in the start of Tamers, as it was crushed by MetalTyrannomon. But Magnamon made an appearance alongside Omnimon and Gallantmon in that movie with the Dorumon line and X-Evolutions. Being one of the knights, that does definitely imply that Magnamon is mega.

As for how I'd like to see Armor handled in this game, I already brainstormed a couple of random ideas. But I would like to see them evolve further. As I noted earlier, most of them can Digivolve into their non-armored Champion form, and sometimes Ultimate form. Oddly enough, the Devas from Tamers are also common Digivolutions for them. Like Caturamon for Raidramon, and Majiramon for Flamedramon. A lot of them can also Digivolve into the Ultimate represented by the armor. Like Raidramon can Digivolve into WereGarurumon, and Halsemon can Digivolve into Garudamon. This pattern doesn't hold up as well for the variety of Armor evolutions not seen in the anime. Still, that's a couple different patterns, giving you options for which one you think fits best. A part of me thinks it's cool to get the Devas by first Armor Digivolving, but (1) I don't want my Raidramon to become Caturamon! I'm not a fan! (2) As a pattern, it has more exceptions that just being a detour in the main line, or completely swapping to a referenced line.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    None of the other armors or champions could destroy that dark ring, including Garurumon. Their first digieggs weren't effective enough. If he's not ultimate I would think he's at least between champion/ultimate. You can also notice that when they got their second digieggs, it was always vs an ultimate digimon, and there was a champion version of the digi egg it represented involved that couldn't do anything and got thrown around like a rag doll. I don't even know of a time where they KILLED a digimon(Except maybe at the end), it was always to destroy the dark rings/spirals/towers. They didn't KILL the digimon because that wasn't their goal, I wouldn't say it was because they weren't powerful enough. Digimon World 2 also used him as an ultimate(albeit for a way to get Imperialdramon without using their DNA digivolution system). Either way it wouldn't make much sense if Raidramon was just as powerful as Flamedramon, because if so, then there would have been no need for the second digiegg Davis got in the show.

I guess it doesn't matter that much though, I was just putting my ideas out there because I don't really see a way you can make this work without them being VERY shortlived, unless you raised the levels for digimon to digivolve quite a bit higher, or made rookies able to digivolve to them at level 1.

Edit: To answer your Goburimon question, Sukamon actually digivolves into Etemon mainly, but Ogremon could. Another possible "main" line digimon for Ogremon could be WaruMonzaemon since he doesn't have a specific champion. Pandamon as well, but he looks like he'd come more from MudFrigimon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    None of the other armors or champions could destroy that dark ring, including Garurumon. Their first digieggs weren't effective enough. If he's not ultimate I would think he's at least between champion/ultimate. You can also notice that when they got their second digieggs, it was always vs an ultimate digimon, and there was a champion version of the digi egg it represented involved that couldn't do anything and got thrown around like a rag doll. I don't even know of a time where they KILLED a digimon(Except maybe at the end), it was always to destroy the dark rings/spirals/towers. They didn't KILL the digimon because that wasn't their goal, I wouldn't say it was because they weren't powerful enough. Digimon World 2 also used him as an ultimate(albeit for a way to get Imperialdramon without using their DNA digivolution system). Either way it wouldn't make much sense if Raidramon was just as powerful as Flamedramon, because if so, then there would have been no need for the second digiegg Davis got in the show.

I guess it doesn't matter that much though, I was just putting my ideas out there because I don't really see a way you can make this work without them being VERY shortlived, unless you raised the levels for digimon to digivolve quite a bit higher, or made rookies able to digivolve to them at level 1.

Edit: To answer your Goburimon question, Sukamon actually digivolves into Etemon mainly, but Ogremon could. Another possible "main" line digimon for Ogremon could be WaruMonzaemon since he doesn't have a specific champion. Pandamon as well, but he looks like he'd come more from MudFrigimon.

I'm definitely gonna disagree that the second set of armor digivolutions are stronger than the first.
    1) Versatility remains an advantage. They can be on the same power level while still having unique strengths and weaknesses they may turn to in different situations.
    2) They still used the first armors a fair bit. Unless the second set was more taxing, there's no reason to do that.
    3) If different armors are different levels (ignoring golden armor as different from standard armors), that implies a difference in their source. Example: if Raidramon is higher level than Flamedramon, that implies that the Crest of Friendship and Gabumon line > Crest of Courage and Agumon line, which I don't like at all. So I completely reject your claim that it wouldn't make sense for Raidramon and Flamedramon to be of comparable power and assert that it's the only option that DOES make sense.
    4) Sure, killing the foes was never the goal. But (and this is going on memory, not research), they still caught enemies in the blast. Basically, since they we never saw special precautions to not kill the foe, it makes sense that the attacks didn't pose a great danger of killing. But that's trying to rationalize what we saw, rather than knowing it. Could also fit with Armor evolutions being quick and bulky, but not heavy hitters. Could be narrative convenience. Could be pulling the punches without obviously pulling the punches. Basically, there's a difference between pulling the punches to intentionally not kill vs not being at risk of killing.

On an aside, I'm fine with Armor evolutions being static, like the normal Digivolutions. Both armor and normal are seen as temporary for heroes in the anime, but permanent for the random encounters.

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • For the case of Aurmor digivolutions, I suggest make there stats slighlty above champion but not as much as Ultimate. And seeing as in the anime they were able to remain digivolved in the dark tower zones. maybe give them an immunity to the dark tower effects. seeing as you cant De digivolve (as of now) So I'm guessing the Dark tower aura wuld be implamented as a weather effect that reduces stats of Digimon that are Champion or higher level and Aurmor Digimon have abilities or something else that make them immuune to the stat drop.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    For the case of Aurmor digivolutions, I suggest make there stats slighlty above champion but not as much as Ultimate. And seeing as in the anime they were able to remain digivolved in the dark tower zones. maybe give them an immunity to the dark tower effects. seeing as you cant De digivolve (as of now) So I'm guessing the Dark tower aura wuld be implamented as a weather effect that reduces stats of Digimon that are Champion or higher level and Aurmor Digimon have abilities or something else that make them immuune to the stat drop.

Well, that assume the dark control spires make it into the game at all. Weather effect makes sense for it. And I guess I could see one of the quests resembling the Digimon Emperor arc, but that does feel more akin to a central plot element than a side quest, and I'm not getting the impression that they'd fit in the main story arc so well. I could be wrong.

I'm still unconvinced armor (barring golden armor) should be stronger than Champion, at least not by much. Otherwise there was no point in using ExVeemon, Aquilamon, and Ankylomon until DNA Digivolution became a thing in the anime. Yes, the Armor evolutions did stand up to some Ultimate level Digimon, but there is a difference between being able to survive long enough to free it of the dark spiral and being able to actually beat it in a fight. Heck, we definitely saw Champion level fight Ultimates in season 1. Didn't necessarily do well, but they survived a few hits. So Armor and Champion are about on par. Armors may be able to take a hit slightly better. Questionably don't dish out quite as much damage, but again, not a huge difference, if any. I do kind of like the idea of Armor evolutions being bulkier. I mean, it's armor. Armor usually protects. Maybe Multiscale is a common ability among Armor evolutions, reflecting how we see some of them stand up to Ultimate level. And again, I just want to emphasize that when I say I think Armor Digimon are a bit weaker offensively, I don't mean by a lot. I'm still advocating Champion-level base stat totals. Just a stat total that gives offense second string to bulk. Comparing it to competitive Pokemon battling, I'm suggesting a 'mon that typically uses its bulk and a setup move, not Choice items or Life Orb. But still in the same tier.

As an aside, when I first noticed that the golden armor Rapidmon from the movie and Ultimate-level Rapidmon from Tamers was a thing, I came to the conclusion that golden armor Digivolution gave you a Mega level that was just a glowy version of an Ultimate. That idea didn't hold up, but I was expecting to eventually find a non-Golden Magnamon, an Ultimate level Digimon that was one step higher than ExVeemon. I was proven wrong, but I still think that would've been cool to see.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Well I think, that Armor Evolution could be handled in 2 ways:

1)
    Some form of evolution stones.
    Therefore, Veemon for example could evolve to one of the following:
    Flamedramon (Courage), Raidramon (Friendship), Sethmon (Love), Honeybeemon Knowledge), Depthmon (Reliability), Yasyamon Sincerity), Sagittarimon (Hope), Gargoylemon (Light), Kangarumon (Kindness), Magnamon (Miracles), GoldVeedramon (Destiny)

Some of those have "Main" Evolution paths(Flamedramon->Majiramon, Raidramon->Caturamon. Sagittarimon -> Indramon), while others have just a list of possible evolutions.
    So basically, the armor evolutions(besides Miracles and Destiny, those are pretty much Mega level) could be treated as Champion type and then evolve into the corresponding Ultimate type and finally into a Mega as well.

2)
    Kind of like Summon Attacks, that summon the Armor Form, attack and then get a cooldown for a few turns.

I'd rather see the first option, because the "summon attack"(if you guys want to do that) could be handled with Digimemories(for more information about Digimemories watch Digimon Xwars, or play Digimon World Re:Digitize)

About the Goblimon question:
    The main evolution is Ogremon and from there, you pretty much have a huge list of optional evolutions:
    Jogress Evolution:
    SkullSatamon (w/ Devimon), Divermon (w/ Mantaraymon)

Normal:
    Andromon, Asuramon, Mummymon, Minotarumon, Zudomon, BlackWarGrowlmon, Mephistomon, Matadormon, Arukenimon, Etemon, Garbagemon, Giromon, Jagamon, NeoDevimon, WereGarurumon, Whamon Ultimate, Vademon, WereGarurumon (X), Kabuterimon, Pandamon, WaruMonzaemon, Indramon

So this pretty much depends on if they want Etemon to be one of his Ultimates, or not. But it would be possible ^^

Greetings

Years
  • Guys thank you for your suggestions about armor evolutions. We'll let you know our final choice :)
    Another thing guys, do you know the game Pokemon World Online? I played it and it was really fun. Do you like to see Your Digital Dream like Pokemon World Online?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2022
    Well I never really played it and therefore am unsure if I even qualify to answer this, but I think I can at least state my opinion after browsing their homepage. Do you have something specific in mind that would be cool or are you suggesting to transform the whole game from singleplayer rpg maker game to a multiplayer online game? I think in my opinion it should stay a singleplayer game, even if battling other people would be kinda cool and with the rpg maker according to my knowledge this isn't possible (heck in the end you could probably alter monsters and stats when you own a copy of the rpg maker used) I would still prefer this to be singleplayer. I made the experience, that as soon as a game gets competetive the community worsens (in some games more than others). To specific features I can't really say much so I refrain from doing so.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    Guys thank you for your suggestions about armor evolutions. We'll let you know our final choice :)
    Another thing guys, do you know the game Pokemon World Online? I played it and it was really fun. Do you like to see Your Digital Dream like Pokemon World Online?

In that case you might want to check out Pokemon Dawn of Darkness

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • I'm not sure where you going with the idea of YDD being like PWO. But right Now I think the setup is perfect for how it is. I don't think it needs anything fancy to make it better. It's great the way it is.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Glad to see this game is progressing nicely! Very impressed by the constant support and constructive criticism the community is giving as well and how well you are using it to adapt your game, always nice to see!

Back