• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon Your Digital Dream[NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE!]

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I was also hoping there would be a possibility to catch all the other starters, but for the DNA digivolution and reverse digivolution and stuff I think it might be too much trouble to even think about how to get that done and that it would be even more difficult to actually put it into code and actually make it work the way it should.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Personally I see skullgreymon as more of a type of digimon that would refuse to take any orders and just use any attack he wants. Besides, he doesn't even need an ability that makes him even stronger since he was one of the strongest digimon in the anime.

I don't think either of those points matter. Like, I don't really see a connection between an ability favoring his favored weapons and his difficulty handling. As for the ability - depends on stats. Maybe it's the Mega Launcher making Dark Shot so powerful. Like the power depends on base stats and abilities. We're designing both. Kinda like Azumaril's power. Could just give it a high attack stat. Or give it Huge Power. Both are viable options for creating a 'mon with good physical attacks. And Skullgreymon? I'm not expecting amazing special attacks except for its rocket launcher. But actually, considering how it loses power quickly, Defeatist fits. Well, not the name, but the result - the likelihood to not do well in a long fight.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    I understood your reasoning for the machine type, I just didn't see any real reasoning to giving him machine type attacks, since there wasn't any real attention put into this side of him. He's definitely wood, and his attacks are wood nature so it'd make sense for him to be a Nature type, not to mention the lines that most make sense with him, and his main line, are nature types as well. Nature/Darkness and Nature/Machine could be dual types, but if he were Nature/Machine I'd suggest his machine attacks to be status effects or something, maybe one machine type attack.

I was wondering about types. Wouldn't it make more sense to put them into the categories they're already in?(Nightmare Soldiers, Winged Guardians, DR, Nature Spirits, etc). Just a suggestion but not required.

As for the questions Arc Knight asked, I was curious about those too, and kinda figured DNA digivolution might replace breeding(as there was no breeding in Digimon, they just died and were reborn into eggs again). Getting the other starters might be a good reason to use the quests on the digivice. I would say that'd be a better way to get the other starters. Then again, that'd also mean you wouldn't be able to get more if they DID replace breeding with DNA digivolution. It'd be kinda neat if they added the digivolve/degenerate system from the DS games, but removed the stat increases. Just making it so you could get other digimon with the ones you have. Another suggestion for possible DNA digivolution would be another evolution type. Like how that one pokemon(I can't remember the name) evolves if it has another pokemon in the party with it. That could be how DNA digivolution works. For example, Exveemon evolves into Paildramon if Stingmon is in the party, and Stingmon evolves into DinoBeemon if Exveemon is in the party. Of course that'd make it where you could only evolve one if you had only one of each. This could also help with your Veedramon solution. Make Veemon digivolve into Veedramon normally, Exveemon could be a side evolution(with more requirements because it'd be "better") Maybe max happiness and level 16 for Exveemon, and otherwise Veedramon.

Also, I was wondering, and I know this is me nitpicking, but when you send out Biyomon it looks really weird, would it be possible to make her look a bit better? I'm sorry about that, but it kinda bugged me when I saw it. xP

Also, Crudalis, that site has citations for everywhere it found it's digivolutions. If you look at it, it has a 3 beside Angemon as an Agumon digivolution, and you can follow that to note 3 near the bottom. This says that Agumon digivolve to Angemon on what appears to be one of the VPet games, I'm not sure if that's what it is, but it came from some form of game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I understood your reasoning for the machine type, I just didn't see any real reasoning to giving him machine type attacks, since there wasn't any real attention put into this side of him. He's definitely wood, and his attacks are wood nature so it'd make sense for him to be a Nature type, not to mention the lines that most make sense with him, and his main line, are nature types as well. Nature/Darkness and Nature/Machine could be dual types, but if he were Nature/Machine I'd suggest his machine attacks to be status effects or something, maybe one machine type attack.

<snip>

I don't think Puppet Pummel is a nature type attack. Puppetmon either smacks you with his hammer or fires shots from it. A more faithful translation of the Japanese apparently calls the attack Bullet Hammer, and specifies that the hammer is essentially a gattling gun. Sounds like a Machine type attack to me. And other attacks attributed to Puppetmon on the DMA include Drill Nose, Gattling Bomb, Nanomech Heal, Gear of Havoc, and more. So there's a fair bit of Machine emphasis. But mostly, the signature attack Puppet Pummel seems pretty clearly a Machine attack and not a Nature attack. And more likely Machine than Darkness or Neutral. Source:
    http://dma.wtw-x.net/dexpuppet.shtml

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    Point taken, I forgot his hammer was made of metal and fired bullets. Been a while since seeing Season 1, I just remember him hammering people with it, and since I assumed it was a wooden hammer, counted it off as nature. Actually, just looked at his attacks in Digimon Masters, just noticed an oddity, being that his Puppet Pummel hammer in it is wooden. His F1 has his nose grow and slice the enemy with it, kinda odd looking but oh well. I guess it was either an oversight or his hammer can have multiple variations. xP

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I suppose so. And there was at least one time that he threw the crossed planks on his back like a boomerang in season 1. He still called it Puppet Pummel (at least in the American localization), but the DMA stat screen makes me think this attack was Wood Cross. Guess they were worried about upsetting some Christians with the whole "cross" bit. Point is, I think we can agree that attack is a Nature one. Also, Prankster seems right for Puppetmon. I mean, he definitely was a prankster in season 1.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I was thinking, if there were a way to catch salamon it would be cool if instead of only into gatomon it could also digivolve into mikemon and blackgatomon.
    Also, really hope etemon will be included in next update or something so I actually have some use for sukamon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    I definitely agree with Prankster for his ability. Also yeah, Nature/Machine makes more sense than anything for Puppetmon considering the bullets from his hammer. Salamon being able to become Mikemon and BlackGatomon would also make a lot of sense. I'd suggest maybe 0-50 happiness for Black Gatomon and for Mikemon maybe Speed as her highest stat. Personally I'd love it if in training digimon were introduced into this. It'd help a lot with a lot of different digimon possibilities. Though considering you've already put so much time into making rookies the main form, and in training digimon aren't very different I guess I can see the reason you didn't.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    maaaan i love the game, i have a x-vee and a kabuter but before i kill orgemonlevel 25 im stucked where do i need to go?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    I suggest leveling a Floramon, DemiDevimon, or something with a status effect that will prevent the enemy from taking action. Yeah, I had to fight with every one of my digimon: Level 19 Exveemon, level 16 Kiwimon, Level 14 or so Kunemon, and a few low level digimon, then when I got to my level 2 Palmon, I used the restore on my Exveemon and killed him off with luck and I think paralysis or confusion status. xP

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    Why is tyrannomon so disobedient, it's very annoying. The tyrannomon received through the trade I mean.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Why is tyrannomon so disobedient, it's very annoying. The tyrannomon received through the trade I mean.

Pokemon-based game. 'Mon received through trade without a badge or badge analog. Seems to me crests will take the place of badges, but I would like an in-game reason for why the crests work that way. They don't serve an in-world function comparable to badges, so it feels a little funny. But also, yeah, it seems to me the disobedience is a bit harsher than in official Pokemon games. But that's a product of Pokemon Essentials and not this specific game. At least, I expect so.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I remember pokemons of lvl20+ received through trading without having the 1st badge were disobedient but not the pokemon lower than lvl20.
    And besides, disobedience makes this game a bit TOO hard, get hit by sand-attack and you keep missing, get confused and you keep hitting yourself, get paralyzed and you won't be able to move anymore and sleep keeps going WAY too long, so scrap the damn disobedience.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    First, thank you very much. I really enjoyed to make attack animations. We just fixed the walls collisions and the Kokatorimon trade. About abilities: not all abilities work but this depend on pokemon essential. Hope they works in the next versions. About Terriermon and Gargomon type i think you are right we'll add the wind element to them. About MoriShellmon: Digimon evolution are not always regular like Pokemon, so sometimes you can find evolution with different elements. The CTRL crash depends on the following pokemon script and we cant do anything to fix it now. Just dont press Ctrl during a battle. However, very nice team :) Rapidmon and Togemon can digivolve to Ultimate but reach lvl 32 it's hard in this demo.
    Thank you again Vivi.

Awesome stuff! The attack animations are really cool definitely one of the many good things about your game. I will try the the trade later, I'm looking forward to it. And Lillimon is one of my favourites, if I get time I'll see if I have the patience to grind up Togemon.

I was thinking about the two rivals and the digimon they have. The male rival, Thomas I think, has a DemiDevimon which can be found in the forest before the fight, a Gaomon which is only a starter and a Gotsumon who can be found in the mountain trail after the battle. But the female rival has an Aruraumon and Floramon who are both very similar and found in the forest and Biyomon who can be found on the mountain trail. Perhaps the female rival can be given digimon that better match the male. My suggestion is that Aruraumon is fine, it makes a nice pair with its poison focus to the sleep inducing DemiDevimon and both are found in the forest. Get rid of the Floramon and replace it with a possible starter Digimon if you want to stick with typically female digimon then Renamon seems like a good choice and then have a digimon from the area after the rival battle so either keep Biyomon or go with something like Syakomon.

On the discussion about Puppetmon's types I agree with the idea he would be Nature/Machine and not Dark because of the whole 'Dark is not Evil' thing. The Dark Masters are all evil, but I think dark type applies more to a digimon who uses darkness as an element to attack like Devimon rather than one that is evil, besides Machinedramon, Puppetmon and MetalSeadramon all have more prominent elements than being dark. Plus there's a non-evil Puppetmon in Xros Wars.

I hope I'm not the only one who imagines the digimon shouting out their attacks when I play the game...

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    With salamon digivolutions I was thinking about different way of digivolution than happiness based, gatomon during the day, blackgatomon during night and mikemon with item. After all, blackgatomon is not even close to being a bad case digivolution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    I was thinking about the two rivals and the digimon they have. The male rival, Thomas I think, has a DemiDevimon which can be found in the forest before the fight, a Gaomon which is only a starter and a Gotsumon who can be found in the mountain trail after the battle. But the female rival has an Aruraumon and Floramon who are both very similar and found in the forest and Biyomon who can be found on the mountain trail. Perhaps the female rival can be given digimon that better match the male. My suggestion is that Aruraumon is fine, it makes a nice pair with its poison focus to the sleep inducing DemiDevimon and both are found in the forest. Get rid of the Floramon and replace it with a possible starter Digimon if you want to stick with typically female digimon then Renamon seems like a good choice and then have a digimon from the area after the rival battle so either keep Biyomon or go with something like Syakomon.
    Floramon actually has a confusion move and her signature attack can paralyze. So it's probably more status effect oriented than Auroramon(I've only had a Palmon). If Dydd's goal is to have an annoying digimon lineup for both tamers, Floramon would probably be worse to deal with.

With salamon digivolutions I was thinking about different way of digivolution than happiness based, gatomon during the day, blackgatomon during night and mikemon with item. After all, blackgatomon is not even close to being a bad case digivolution.
    My logic with that was that Black Gatomon mainly digivolves into Lady Devimon, and that digimon is evil as heck. Her name comes from Devil for goodness sakes. The reason I used happiness and level 16 is because eventually she'd become either one and there isn't a level up during night or level up during day in Pokemon, though I dunno if there can be or not. As far as I know there's only max happiness during night and max happiness during day. However level 16 during night and level 16 during day could also work. They could also just do as they did in Digimon World 1 for Devimon and have Angewomon fainting a bunch of times as a way to slide digivolve into LadyDevimon(This would basically = 0 happiness eventually anyways, so it could be possible), if possible, so they could scrap BlackGatomon all together. The only real thing I can see that she has going for her is LadyDevimon and she's just a recolor.

Also, in relation to your message about Black Gatomon being in no way evil. (It's a description of Black Gatomon in the V-Tamer Residence. Dunno what that is but I assume it's like a dictionary of the V-pets or something) V-Tamer Residence: A Demon Beast Digimon who lives in darkness and wanders through the darkness, it is a Virus-attributed Gatomon. It is a hell-sent child of pure evil that manipulates the powers of darkness. It bears no sacred powers at all and it also lacks a "Holy Ring". (Wildermon)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I never said blackgatomon wasn't evil, I only said it wasn't a badcase digivolution. I'd rather have blackgatomon than normal gatomon to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    Floramon actually has a confusion move and her signature attack can paralyze. So it's probably more status effect oriented than Auroramon(I've only had a Palmon). If Dydd's goal is to have an annoying digimon lineup for both tamers, Floramon would probably be worse to deal with.

For the rival fight only one digimon is a high enough level to use its signature attack, Biyomon. But yes you are right Floramon does have charm going for it and making it different to Aruraumon, but they are still both Nature types.

Edit: I mean confusion not charm, the move is called Charm Perfume.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Dang it all! I corrupted my save file! I've attached the error message I get whenever I load the game. It pops up the moment I select the old save file rather than new game. I'm going to hold off on restarting for just a little while, in the hopes that there's a quick fix that lets me rescue the file. Anyone know what this means? I was only on for like 3 minutes before saving in the Bit Forest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    Redownload it. I had that error too and that fixed it. Or if you already have it just re-extract it

Last edited:
    Back