• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
  • SHINY RESHIRAM! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
    Spoiler:

I'm so salty right now. I've been SRing for weeks and I still don't have one

Congrats tho also :]

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm so salty right now. I've been SRing for weeks and I still don't have one

Congrats tho also :]
    Well to be fair this is the only successful shiny hunt I have had in over a year. I always give up first, but I was determined.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I've started a Grass Mono Type on Platinum, but I didn't sign up for it yet (I usually wait till they're complete) and was I glad I was doing Grass when this dude popped up when I was training:
    Pt%2012_zps5ccdc8es.png

I'm so glad I can use it, though I'll have to train it up all over again since the Budew I was using evolved right before I caught that one.

Years
  • Hey, would anyone be opposed to me starting up the Favorite challenge (with a few adjustments to the rules)? That was always one of my favorite challenges.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hey, would anyone be opposed to me starting up the Favorite challenge (with a few adjustments to the rules)? That was always one of my favorite challenges.
    You better ask Alli on that one, since she created the challenge.

W̷̠̭̬̪̠ḛ̩͇ ́a̟̤ŗ̦͖͍ͅe̢̺̯͔ͅͅ ̢̗͓̞̝s̢̗̫̘̣̬̪t̞͕ḭ̮̪ͅl̻ͅl͔̭̝̭̟̪ ҉̣̺̩͓̥h̞e̡͈r͙̰̪̳̩e̻͍̙̰̩͖̕.̰̖͖̦͚̤́.̮̪̣̭.̴
    □l͇͎̬͙̼̣i̝̗͍̮̜̻̞ █ p̯͖͜y ̺̝͎̗̱ █ l͜a̛̮p̵̺̦̟□e̡̯̙̦͇͙̮a̭̘̥͖r̳'҉̰̣̙̟ş̯̭̠̥̱̤̩ ͈͚͡P̥̠̟͎̳ █ zz̨̮̝̟̖̱̗̞□

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • YO

I'm back. Again. Who knows for how long lol.

Are any of the oldguard of PC Challenges left?
    I'm still lurking, though I haven't done a challenge in a while aside from the last holiday event. Almost done with Purple monocolor on HG, which I started almost exactly 5 months ago. My new job which started a couple months before that has been taking up my time, which is good for real life haha.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'm still lurking, though I haven't done a challenge in a while aside from the last holiday event. Almost done with Purple monocolor on HG, which I started almost exactly 5 months ago. My new job which started a couple months before that has been taking up my time, which is good for real life haha.

Ugh tell me about it. Why can't we just win the lottery so we can sit and play Pokemon all day? Glad to see some of the original challengers are sticking around though.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • There's a new event challenge! Sorry I haven't really said much about it, I've been quite busy with school, and considering it was based on Five Nights anyway, it seems like it was appropriate to be kind of secretive with it.

Also, I'm changing the rule on double posting so that you may do it after 2 weeks, rather than a whole month. This should make dealing with less active threads more tolerable. Thanks to Pendraflare for suggesting it!

Years
  • ^ Yeah, I was wondering what the fate of that rule was going to be after you liked the post I made in Forum Questions and Feedback about it. Guess that's cool with me.

And i'll try to get the gist of that event challenge later.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Excited for the new rule! I'm hoping it can help keep the lesser active challenges afloat for the people playing them that want to continue to update. :) Also really have enjoyed the Five Nights event, from both the challenger perspective and being an animodtronic (secret revealed!!! but i'm sure y'all could tell lol). Very well done, Necrum!

After I finish up the E4 for Five Nights, time to get back to my Wonderlocke. :) I've been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I even got Gav to play one with me, but I think since I ditched mine for the event, he ditched his too since I wasn't talking about it with him. :P I'll get him back on track, though. He WILL finish this with me. It's happening.

What's everyone else playing? :)

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Hey everyone. I know I haven't been around for long, but, I thought I'd just pop my head in and say hello. How are all of you doing, your challenges going well?

I think I may have just seriously burnt myself out going through two solo challenges in a single day, but, I don't know. I feel like Black 2 will be a nice refreshing breath of air for my ultimate single Pokemon challenge. Speaking of that, am I updating too much in one post? I know I'm not really suppose to spam updates in it at all, but, it's getting kind of ridiculous I feel. Perhaps I should slow down with it? I don't know, I'm teetering between having a lot of fun with it and completely burning myself out on Pokemon for a while. Either way I'm going to end up finishing this Black 2 at least before taking a break if I do.

Something I was curious about is when the front page of the challenge is updated. Is that just whenever the moderator of the challenge feels like updating it? I suppose that would make the most sense, but, I'm just wondering. Anyway, nice to chitchat with all of you. I hope things are going swell on all of your ends. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hi, Relica! :)

I personally try to not play the same game twice in a row when doing challenges so that I don't get burnt out on that particular game. I never really get tired of RSE and BW/BW2 personally though, but I can get really sick of the others. So if you didn't do those other challenges from before on Black 2, then it definitely should feel fresh to you. I went a long time without doing a challenge on BW2 so when I popped in one for the Hanukkah challenge in December, it was great. I like...chugged through half the challenge in like two or three days, haha.

And yeah, challenge owners usually just update when they find the time. That's what I did when I was last running some, anyway. It gets hard to keep track of the more popular the challenge is, though. :( I got terrible with updating the first post around page...4 usually, lol.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Nah, I made sure to pick different games for this solo run. I even went with the different version exclusives than my previous monotype run. It's been about a year since I started it though so I haven't really burnt myself out on any game just yet. I just felt like I did too much doing two games right after one another without even an hour break between the both of them. Yesterday was literally all Pokemon! Not that it's a bad thing, but, bleh! :P

That being said, I hope to at least start Black 2 today. I'm going to most likely end up doing it in challenge mode though. I'm not sure if that will make it easier or not since I'll be filtering in even more EXP than usual into my Blaziken in this solo challenge. Not that it's been a very difficult challenge up to this point, but, if I'm just mindlessly mashing A then it really isn't much of a challenge is it?

For games I can constantly replay, I can feel you there. I literally have what has to be a thousand hours in RSE, and half that in BW1/2. Strangely enough I haven't been able to force myself through either OR or AS yet though. That's partially why I choose the latter as the game I was going to play through for this solo run. I want to experience the region with my favorite Pokemon. :)

I hope things are going swell on your end though!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Luckily I don't have the problem of getting burnt out from playing the same game over and over. I've done at least 100 playthroughs of Red/Blue version, and I'm still going strong! Maybe I'll do the next solo now lol.

Years
  • Me neither - I've done plenty of playthroughs of B2W2 and XY and still like doing them. And I just finished playing something on Black that was quite fun.

But the Gen III games I have a hard time playing, except through emulation.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I got back to my Wonderlocke over the weekend, but now school is trampling me with stuff to do this week! I'll get to play a lot Friday I'm sure though, so that's something to look forward to. The light at the end of the tunnel, I should say. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back