• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
Years
  • Me and Lucas (Mr.Avocado) were doing a 7 Days of Christmas challenges on Emerald but we kind of missed yesterday lol

Either way so Far I managed to get in:

Sunday 21st: Mono Type Water.
    Monday 22nd: Mono Type Fire.
    Tuesday 23rd: No challenges completed
    Wednesday 24th: Delibird Solo.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Me and Lucas (Mr.Avocado) were doing a 7 Days of Christmas challenges on Emerald but he kind of missed yesterday lol

Either way so Far I managed to get in:

Sunday 21st: Mono Type Water.
    Monday 22nd: Mono Type Fire.
    Tuesday 23rd: No challenges completed
    Wednesday 24th: Delibird Solo.
    Do a Monocolor White challenge on Christmas! White Christmas weeeeeeeeee!

Years
  • Do a Monocolor White challenge on Christmas! White Christmas weeeeeeeeee!
    I'm gonna do this tomorrow, just beat Juan in my solo for today's challenge so I'll have the E4 done quickly then on Christmas day I can do a Mono White challenge yeeee :3

Years
  • I suppose I could do that if I am not too busy :)

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMM DREAMING OF A WHIIIIIIIIIIIIITE…CHRISTMAS…

But may I ask, you're not actually doing all these in one sitting each, are you? I'd guess they're things you'll finish but I'd be hard-pressed to do one in a day, except maybe in XY or Gen V.

Raven Valt

Years
  • IIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMM DREAMING OF A WHIIIIIIIIIIIIITE…CHRISTMAS…

But may I ask, you're not actually doing all these in one sitting each, are you? I'd guess they're things you'll finish but I'd be hard-pressed to do one in a day, except maybe in XY or Gen V.

What do you mean am I doing these in one sitting? Do you mean am I doing them start to finish without stopping?

If so then for the Water mono i did over the course of a day, the Delibird solo I did up until the first gym yesterday and then did the rest all in one go today and the Fire was done all in one go without me stopping and doing something else (I did have breaks for food, drink and shower though) :x

#emulators -Wilhelm

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • …Close enough. Still, I likely wouldn't be able to do that much so quickly, at least not on an actual console. Maybe on a ROM with super speed access? Totally forgot about that, I'm gonna guess you used that.

As a Mac user I don't have much access to that anymore…sigh.

Years
  • Yeah with super speed you can do a challenge a day, it takes a few hours, with Monotype challenges it takes a few more hours. The solo I just completed was very quick, shortest game time.

Raven Valt

Years
  • Yeah I usually always use emulators, the only challenges I use my real copies for are solo's and usually I do them in bits so it could take up to a week to complete them but when I use an emulator I can have a solo done in a few hours. :P

Edit: White mono won't be done for today, i've been majorly busy and haven't had time to even complete the first gym.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've got 5 badges in the white monocolour so far, considering I was away pretty much all day I'll take that. I'll finish this tomorrow and see if I can do another one straight after and complete that tomorrow, too. What challenges are the quickest to do (excluding solo)?

Years
  • This talk about Mono-Color is making me feel like I should go back to my Red Ultimate. I completed Y early in the spring, got through Fire Red as quickly as possible, did Ruby on a quick pace but continued after a break, and completed White in the middle of Stadium Arcadium. But then we have the Gen IV games, and I am not looking forward to having to face Roark with just a Kricketune. But i'll come back to it sometime; I also have X and Platinum done for my Blue Ultimate.

Years
  • I really feel like an ultimate challenge tbh, maybe a Monocolour Challenge. Sometimes using a Pokemon like Kricketune is alright because you'll probably have it at a really high level by the time you defeat Roark.

Years
  • ^ Well if you want a good Bug-type move for it, you have to keep it as a Kricketot until Level 16 for Bug Bite, which is absolutely unbearable (it only gets Growl and Bide until then). It can learn Rock Smash, but if you slap that on then you're stuck with it until Canalave (although you'll probably ditch it before then anyway).

And while i'm here, let's give a quick happy birthday shoutout to our fellow Mono-Color thread owner jd. Wonder how he feels about having it this late in the year...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • And while i'm here, let's give a quick happy birthday shoutout to our fellow Mono-Color thread owner jd. Wonder how he feels about having it this late in the year...
    My parents loved the timing for taxes, although I had problems since I was born 3 months early so was in the hospital for a while. I didn't really like having in so close to Christmas growing up, but now I actually like it since I have the day off since it's during the week after Christmas, so that's nice.

Thanks for the shout-out, I was wondering if anyone noticed - only one VM :'(.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Happy New Year! Anyone here have any Challenge related Resolutions? :P

Also all Challenges emblems will go out this weekend, so if you're still waiting, now you know.

Years
  • Happy New Year!

In terms of challenges, I'm gonna try to get at least 50 done this year, and complete at least 10 different ones.

Years
  • Happy New Year!

In terms of challenges, I'm gonna try to get at least 50 done this year, and complete at least 10 different ones.

Haha...that may be possible if I had a ROM with super-speed access, but right now I want to finish up some loose ends that i've already started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back