• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Pirates of the Whirl Islands - REVAMP - OOC (M)

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
  • @Greiger you are ACCEPTED. I will place you on the accepted players list and we will work out your part in the crew later

@zomgitscathy is RESERVED Please remember your reservation lasts two days.

@Alby4t5 Please note that your reservation will be expiring tonight at 12 a.m. In my time zone, it is currently 4:30 p.m

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Thank you for the acceptance. Heh, this will be interesting with this character, that's for sure.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Here's my SU!

Name: Aruna Lockharte

Pokémon Race: Mawile

Appearance: Aruna looks like your average Mawile: 2'00" (0.6m) with a huge pair of metal jaws on the back of her head, but she wears a silver locket around her neck. She also carries a small (small enough for a 2 foot Mawile to carry) but sturdy rapier that she keeps in a sheath on her hip.

Reason for joining the crew: Aruna dreams of joining a pirate crew to make money. Her life of travel and her various dealings with pirates has led her to conclude that the only way to make good money is by being a pirate. She also has a thirst for adventure that she feels can only be satisfied if she becomes part of a real pirate crew. During her time in the Johto region she has heard about the legend of the Whirl Swamp. She's always been intrigued by it, and has often jested that she'd be the first pirate to find Whirl Swamp's treasure, but in truth she's never dreamed that she'd actually get the chance...until now.

Personality: Aruna is kind and friendly, but guarded. Due to her being a wanderer for most of her adolescent life, she tends not to get very close to people, as she's had to say good-bye to more friends than she's willing to count. She doesn't like to make friends out of fear that one day she'll have to endure the heartache of never seeing them again. As a result, she's friendly at a distance, but can come off as a bit cold when people try to get close to her. Still, she's very loyal to her allies, and would put herself in harm's way for her comrades without even a second thought.

Aruna is also very focused and determined when she's on a mission. She doesn't get distracted and never takes her mind off accomplishing what needs to be done, but she's easily flustered when things don't go the way she expects.

Due to having traveled on her own for most of her life and needing to defend herself, she has no difficulty holding her own in battle. When threatened, she will take down her opponents by any means necessary. She's particularly notorious for her deceptive, underhanded tactics that even pirates find appalling...

History: Aruna has been traveling the seas since she was 12 years old. A horrible event that she doesn't like to talk about forced her out of her home in Challenger's Cave in the Unova region. In an effort to save their daughter, her parents gave her money for her to buy a ship and told her to get as far away as possible. She bought a small ship in Humilau Town, and has been a wanderer ever since.

For 9 years she's wandered the seas, making a living doing odd jobs at various port towns and outposts. Most of it was honest work, but occasionally she has gotten mixed up with pirates. Despite only working closely with them and never having been a proper member of a crew, the pirate life fascinated Aruna. She's seen the kind of money they make, and wishes that she herself could one day be a pirate.

But she knew deep down that she could never be a pirate. Aruna was a person with a very strong moral character, and knew that she could never steal or do harm to an innocent person, even if she wanted to. But then one day, all of that would change...

At the age of 20, she did a shipping job at a small port in the Johto region, and got paid more money than she had ever dreamed of having. It was like a dream come true. She was finally starting to have some hope in her life. Maybe, just maybe, she thought, it is possible to make good money the honest way. But little did she know, word was getting around that a Mawile named Aruna had a lot of money. Eventually the news made its way to a vicious group of pirates. One night, the pirates ambushed Aruna and stole all of her money and her ship--the ship that she bought as the dying wish of her parents, and the only connection she had to the life she had lost. Sad, confused, and penniless, she decided that there is no success to be had for someone who follows the rules. She was finally ready to fulfill her dream of becoming a pirate. In the year following, Aruna has remained in the Johto region, hitching rides to get from place to place and doing various jobs, all the while searching for a pirate crew to join. She hears talk of a man named Toro Blaze who says he is gathering a crew to explore the Whirl Islands. Feeling optimistic, Aruna sees this as a chance to finally live her dream of becoming a great pirate. She heads to a pub called called The Spotted Wingull in hopes of meeting the mysterious man...

Moves: Play Rough, Feint Attack, Thunder Fang, Iron Head, Crunch, Facade

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Scizor_zpsc6d8b87f.png

Name: Lydia Branda

Pokémon Race: Scizor

Appearance: Lydia appears as most would expect a Scizor to look. Being a female however, she has a slightly more slender body build than the male members of her species. Lydia wears a long, red scarf around her neck. A black belt rests around her waist, which holds a katana blade on each side, she generally uses the blades to aid in her attacks. Lydia wears a bandage around both of her claw-like pinchers.

Reason For Joining The Crew: Lydia does not desire money or the treasure that others are seeking. Rather, she is much more interested in obtaining a name for herself and testing the limits of her strength. She wants the world to know and respect her name as a great and powerful swordswoman.

Personality: Calm and quiet, there isn't much that Lydia doesn't take seriously. She is one who does not see a point in idle chatter, often preferring to remain to hew own devices rather than in large company. She is not one to quickly trust or open herself up to others, nor does she like to find out more about those around her. Lydia has a strong sense of self-dependence, and while she does work with Eliza Minette from time to time, she feels that constantly relying on others would make her weaker.

History: Lydia was born into the city of Goldenrod of the Johto region. Her mother died shortly after her birth, leaving her to be raised by her father. Saying that they had little money would be an understatement. Her father made a living as a thief, stealing and robbing whatever he could in order for the two of them to survive. Lydia hated every moment of it.

As time passed, Lydia was forced to join her father in his exploits of thievery. Despite the fact that both of them were stealing, the living situation of the two did not get any better. It was not much longer after she turned seven years old that her father more or less abandoned her, leaving the girl to fend for herself on the streets. Because she had had no other way of life before hand, Lydia continued to try and steal to survive. It was through this act that she would meet the Pokémon that would change her life. Lydia would one day attempt to steal from a wandering Grovyle. The Grovyle was as actually a swordsman, and was quite aware of what she was trying to do. It didn't take long for him to outwit the girl. Rather, he took the girl under his wing, training her in the art of the sword.

When Lydia had learned all he could teach, she set off on her own to train and strengthen herself. She made her living by taking on the role of a bounty hunter, and it was during this time that she would meet Eliza Minette. The two would meet when hunting the same bounty, rivaling each other to be the one who would bring it in. However, it did not take long for the duo to realize that they actually worked rather well together. They would often work together to bring in a bounty or two, before splitting up and working alone, before working together on a few more jobs again.

Recently, the duo had heard rumors of a pirate captain who had his eyes set on the Whirl Islands. Seizing this as her chance to gain some renown and test her strength, Lydia agreed to join Eliza in joining the man's crew... if only for the time being.

Moves: Nightslash, X-Scissor, Fury Cutter, Agility, Swords Dance, Counter

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
    Years
  • Alby4t5 is ACCEPTED. I will move your character into the accepted column and your spot in the crew will be sorted out later.

RSC Cooper Inc is DENIED. Sorry, you didn't write quite enough in your Sign Up for me to quite understand your character. It isn't as much the personality, but the history was far too short. If you'd like to edit it and resubmit your SU I'll be happy to evaluate it again :)

P.S The formatting was hard to read. If you coulde, please have your words to the left side next time? Thanks :)

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
    Years
  • Sorry, I forgot to proofread last night. Is this better?

Name:
    Kaison(KAY-sohn) Pel

Pokémon Race: Wigglytuff

Appearance:
    Kaison wears his hair messy and he has a yellow hankerchief around his neck. His eyes are a tiny bit darker than normal.
    6R1Mt6L.png

Reason for Joining the Crew:
    After seeing his sons, his only apprentices, leave for their own lives, Kaison has come to the realization of the fact that he is just carrying on the life of his forefathers. Because of this, he has decided that he needs to make his own story.

Personality:

Kaison is usually quiet, and he most often has at least half a smile on his face. He is mostly calm and joyful, but his temper can flare, and he might misfire a Hyper Voice if he raises his voice. Though his appearance is anything but intimidating, he is quite tough and he knows of his strength, though he doesn't try to show it. However, he is proud and will fight for his reputation if pushed, both for his strength and experience. He likes to teach other Pokemon as well, which is shown by the several apprentices that he has mentored through his life.

History:
    Kaison has spent his entire life working for the merchants' guild in Goldenrod Port. He is the sixth in line of the Pel Wigglytuff that have worked for the guild. He was mentored by his father, as was he by his father before him. Kaison met his wife, Jane, while they were both apprentices. In fact, both of them were just Igglybuff at the time. They grew up as childhood friends and eventually were wed as Jigglypuff. Kaison soon received a Moon Stone from a trust fund set up by his great-great grandfather that was created to keep Wigglytuff in the Pel line.

Soon, Kaison had two sons of his own, and he mentored them both in the guild.Kaison soon received a Moon Stone to give to his son, but was unable to decide which of them deserved to evolve. His sons came to him and announced that they didn't plan to follow the Pel line of Goldenrod merchants and that they wanted to join a merchants' guild in Saffron so that they could live their own story.

Though his wife has decided to pursue the same lifestyle as before, Kaison still wants to leave for adventure. He spent half of his life savings to join a merchant ship heading to the western edge of Kanto, following rumors of the legendary Zapdos making its home there. However, before leaving the border of Johto, Kaison was mugged by the crew members, who revealed themselves to be pirates. The ship threw him overboard near New Bark Port, and he somehow was able to swim to shore from there. Not willing to give up, even after losing all he had(except for the trust fund Moon Stone meant for his son), he found Toro's ship and decided to help his cause.

Moves: Hyper Voice, Rollout, Gravity, Copycat, Charm, Thunder

Last edited:

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
    Years
  • RSC Cooper Inc is ACCEPTED. I will move your character into the accepted column and your spot in the crew will be sorted out later.

And with that, we should have enough characters to get started. I will post the IC thread either tonight, tomorrow, or the day after that. In the meantime, you may use the OOC thread to voice any question, concern or general comments about the RP.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • This is probably a silly question, but since this is based on Pirates and such, am I right to assume that this story takes place during a period roughly based on the 17th-18th century? Only asking just to get a basic idea of what kind of advancements have been made in technology, medicine, etc...

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
    Years
  • @GastlyGibus That is correct. The RP takes place in a time similar to that of the 17th-18th century.

UPDATE My first post in the IC thread is now complete. You all may start posting whenever you'd like!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hehe, I never really spruce up my posts with pictures, but it was time to follow the captain's example. :D

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to drop my reservation :( I'm afraid I can't think of a history at the moment. Would it be okay if I came back later and there were spots open?

Back