• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your sexuality?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I am gay myself and in a happy relationship. In saying that though i used to be straight. I did date a girl through high school and that lasted three and half years. At the time i wasn't sexually attracted to a guy in the slightest. But after a not-so happy situation happened i was finding myself being drawn to guys more and more. I admitted to myself i was bi, but after a couple months more i just admitted i was gay.
    I'm perfectly happy with who i am and have no trouble admitting it, but i wouldn't openly go 'hey, i'm gay', as i don't feel the need to do that. But i wouldn't deny it if i was asked about it.

You're a brave one buddy. Embrace yourself, it might be difficult or confusing at first. But there's nothing to be ashamed of being gay. *hugs you*

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    You're a brave one buddy. Embrace yourself, it might be difficult or confusing at first. But there's nothing to be ashamed of being gay. *hugs you*

Thanks :) I'd never ever be ashamed of who i am. I've been through and dealt with a LOT to be where i am, and i'd never change a thing.

Reactions: Sun

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years

• [*]What is your sexuality?: I'm a bisexual male and Heteroromantic, but in a committed same-sex relationship.
      [*]Why do you feel you identify with it more than others?: As far as sex goes, the human body is just a shell, the soul matters more for a relationship. Both forms of genitalia are appealing to me in different ways. I typically prefer male reproductive organs (preferably uncut ones), but I also great enjoy female organs.
      [*]How long have you know you are that sexuality (or sexualities)?: Its been a problem for me since before puberty. As a young kid, I really liked girls, but I was also constantly curious about other boys' parts. I hit puberty VERY early for my class (I was the second youngest in my class, and yet I was the third to start puberty). Problem is, I grew up in a very conservative town and didn't understand there were more sexualities than being Straight or Gay. Which sucks because, as I said, I'm heteroromantic, so I tended to pursue things with girls, but I lusted for men alot of the time. It was in college I learned about Bisexuality and being with more open minded people, I grew to accept it.
      [*]Do you ever run into problems being what you are at times?: With friends and co-workers? Never. My family? My stepdad has some homophobia problems so I've stayed silent. My mother is odd, though. She's very much pro-LGBT... except when it comes to me. When I came out to her as Bi, her response was a sardonic "Oh, so you're just indecisive." Since then, she's pretended I'm straight (though a few moments she lets slip that she's aware of it and not talking about it).

The other issue I have is that I'm heteroromantic. And while I am in a same sex relationship with a boy a desperately love (and is on this forum, I love you babe! Nothing's changing!) it gets psychology messy for me, because I do prefer dating women. But alas, I have someone I love deeply, so I just have to get over that! :D

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Straight/Demiromantic/Demisexual. What I'm getting at is that I'm only attracted to guys, but I'm also demiromantic/demisexual; I only feel attracted to guys I first build a strong, close bond with. it goes friendship, then romantic, but I haven't reached the sexual attraction level yet and I wonder if I'm not demiheteroromantic/asexual.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Straight/Demiromantic/Demisexual. What I'm getting at is that I'm only attracted to guys, but I'm also demiromantic/demisexual; I only feel attracted to guys I first build a strong, close bond with. it goes friendship, then romantic, but I haven't reached the sexual attraction level yet and I wonder if I'm not demiheteroromantic/asexual.
    That would confuse me.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I'm 13 and people talking about their sexuality confuses me. Anyways I'm straight.

Will H

M-M-Mega EVOLUTION!
    Years
  • Straight, I've never been interested in Men, only women. But, I don't judge, I actually enjoy having the company of Gay/Lesbian people.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I think the term demisexual/romantic resonates with me honestly, the more I look into it. Like the concept of only forming an attraction once you get to know them is something I noticed with my relationships. I still question it honestly, I mean I kind of don't have to considering I'm in a straight relationship but I just don't look into it much anymore. Considering I definitely formed a bond with my s.o.
    But I suppose labels make you understand some things easier.
    I think since I was like 13ish I was bi-curious and kinda just kept that part of me to myself for years, I still feel the same to an extent but now I just don't know lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2015
    Gay.
    It took a bit of time for me to accept it.
    I've done some questionable down right bad things in attempt to hide it.
    Scared of what people will think, feel, and react. It took me a second to realize the importance of self worth and honesty. Plus the casualties you can hurt in the process.
    The gloomy stuff aside, life has definitely gotten better since I accepted myself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    what is your sexuality?
    Gay. That's literally it. Gay and, to satisfy everyone else, homoromantic.

Why do you feel you identify with it more than others?
    Because I literally find nothing sexually or romantically attractive about women. Love y'all, y'all are pretty and such, but as far as sexual drive and romantic needs, they're strictly towards men (specifically my boyfriend).

How long have you know you are that sexuality (or sexualities)?
    Since I was eleven, probably, and I'll be 23, soon. So, about 12 years.

Do you ever run into problems being what you are at times?
    Now that I've moved out of Louisiana? Hell no. The only problems I faced at first were my mother figuring out what she should do to help (which in the end, she realized I didn't need her protection, I needed her to listen, like any other mother should), and my grandmother STILL not accepting it fully. At first I was "confused", but now she's finally warming up to the idea of me dating a nice young man who doesn't "dress gay" (#imstillsaltywithher).
    The kids in high school didn't bother me, because I knew then what happens now, I talk to literally no one from high school. They mean nothing to me in the long run, especially since I moved 1,600 miles away.

I'd like to end with a little something for the people still confused, trying to accept themselves, worry about the future, or what have you:
    My family wasn't full on board when I first came out. They were supportive, but not totally accepting. Now, each time I visit home they constantly ask about my boyfriend or whoever I was dating at the time, as if he's cute/nice/good to me, we have silly little drinks and have a great time.
    People can change, even if it takes some time.

I grew up in a town where homosexuality was Satan incarnate. The "F" word was thrown around like candy from a pinata, and God forbid you actually came out. I was called the "F" word and bullied relentlessly even before coming out. This caused me to hate myself even more. I wanted to just not exist, and I wanted to be over. Then, in high school, I met amazing friends, who didn't give a damn about my sexuality, and supported both my coming out, and choosing to stay in the closet.
    Don't try to suppress your inner self. Think about it all calmly, and try to forget the world around you. However, only ever come out when you feel safe and comfortable.

Finally, regardless of your sexuality, gender, romance preference, you are an important part of one person's life. That person will be there for you until the very end, and will always (even when you don't know it) thing you're fantastic. That person is yourself, and you need to give yourself a better chance than what you may have been. I think you're awesome, and PC thinks you're awesome, too.

Keep it up, and if you ever need anyone to talk to about anything, gay/straight/bi/pan/what have you, I'm more than willing to listen.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Bisexual and asexual! I actually mainly prefer girls, though, and don't really feel like dating anyone that isn't a girl. I can feel attraction to men and other genders but I don't really feel like pursuing that attraction ...? But anyway, yeah. Bi.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I honestly don't know anymore. I have thought about it so much, and reading this entire thread is kiiinda helping, but I genuinely have no idea. I don't even know how to describe it. Oh well. I don't really enjoy labeling myself anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    hmmm well while I did previously think I was bi, as of late I am more than certain that I identify as pan more than that

I truly don't know but if I was asked in person I'd say pan

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • Ok, story time~

Spoiler:

tl;dr I'm gay, and I came out fully this year.

And to anyone that is questioning their sexuality, don't rush it! There's no hurry for you to come out of the closet or not. Take as much time as you need to think about it, since there really isn't any rush for you! And no matter what, all of us here will always love and accept you. Good luck to anyone struggling with their sexuality~ <3

Last edited:
    Back