• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your sexuality?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I'm kind of unsure of what mine is. I know I have some bi-curious tendencies. I also think I might be pansexual as well, but I'm not exactly sure. Though, I do know I'm currently asexual. I identify more with being straight than bi, so it's rather difficult to determine if I might actually be bi as well. :x

So, anyway... what is your sexuality? Why do you feel you identify with it more than others? How long have you know you are that sexuality (or sexualities)? Do you ever run into problems being what you are at times? Discuss~

Also, please don't tease or make fun of others for what they are. Please keep PC rules in mind when posting here. We don't want others to feel like they don't belong here for being a certain sexuality, do we?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been straight all my life. There was a time when I went through a phase when I was questioning my sexuality and got a little bi-curious. But that didn't last long though. I just realized that I simply cannot live without men. :P

I know there's like...different varieties of what people identify themselves. For now I just call myself straight. haha.

Years
  • Why isn't there a pole?

Anyway, I'm bisexual and I have known for 2 1/2 years... I had some internalized homo/biphobia, so for years I was completely in denial about being anything but straight. There was even a time when I thought that I was asexual because there were no handsome males where I lived and girls were out of the question anyway so yeah... I've come a long way and I'm happy to say that I've accepted myself completely and the whole sexuality stuff is not much of an issue for me anymore.

Have I run into any problems? Well, yes, I have. Telling Mom was hard and she's still acting really weird about it so much that I kind of wish I hadn't told her. Other than that, I think being bisexual is the most difficult out of all the sexualities. We get hatred from both sides even though I have to say that most straight people I've met were cool with it. I think it's kind of sad to say this but most discrimination I have encountered was from lesbians. And here's thinking being part of a minority would make you more accepting of other minorities...

Besides all that, I've been pretty OK though. All my friends are fine and in support of it so that's really great :3

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm asexual. Didn't put a name to my sexuality (or lack thereof?) until I was close to 20, though.

I spent most of my life conforming to the wants and needs of others in that department, so I never explored how I felt about sexuality until I had no one to conform to. To be honest it's been a rough ride since learning that... because I think most sexual people find us boring or question if our sexuality is valid.

That's just my experiences though, so please don't take offense to that. I mean no insult haha.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I.. don't know.

Lately, as in over the past few months, stuff has come up that has really had me questioning my sexuality again. And the fact that I'm in a committed, heterosexual relationship isn't making things any easier. I mean, since I'm not actively searching for a romantic or sexual partner, shouldn't that mean that I'm just straight while with him? Is it possible to be a lesbian attracted to one, single man? Because sometimes that's how I feel. It's not just indifference, but repulsion I feel towards men at times; with the exception of this one particular person. And.. I don't know. All of this is just complicated and I seriously don't even have the time on my hands to figure it out. I've been going with "I'm bi" or maybe even pan for a long time, but my attraction ratio is more like 90f/10m as opposed to 50/50 and it just kind of has me wondering what exactly I call myself.

Obviously the label means nothing, I don't need a name on my sexuality to feel okay with it; but I feel like it's a step in the right direction to understanding my feelings better and finding a place where I can draw support from.

It probably feels more complicated than it really is, hmm.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I.. don't know.

Lately, as in over the past few months, stuff has come up that has really had me questioning my sexuality again. And the fact that I'm in a committed, heterosexual relationship isn't making things any easier. I mean, since I'm not actively searching for a romantic or sexual partner, shouldn't that mean that I'm just straight while with him? Is it possible to be a lesbian attracted to one, single man? Because sometimes that's how I feel. It's not just indifference, but repulsion I feel towards men at times; with the exception of this one particular person. And.. I don't know. All of this is just complicated and I seriously don't even have the time on my hands to figure it out. I've been going with "I'm bi" or maybe even pan for a long time, but my attraction ratio is more like 90f/10m as opposed to 50/50 and it just kind of has me wondering what exactly I call myself.

Obviously the label means nothing, I don't need a name on my sexuality to feel okay with it; but I feel like it's a step in the right direction to understanding my feelings better and finding a place where I can draw support from.

This is kind of how I feel... only more with women. Like, there are certain woman I feel somewhat, if not completely, attracted to. For example: Rikku Al Bhed from Final Fantasy X/X-2. She's always been kind of hot to me. Yet, if I look at other women or whatever... I feel absolutely nothing with them. It's very seldom that I ever find women attractive other than Rikku. It's really strange to me because I want to say I'm bi as well... but I'm finding it harder to identify with that, considering my well... odds towards women in general. I've always considered myself to be straight because that's how I grew up. Yet, there's just that small itty bitty number of woman I've felt attracted to that get to me the most when it comes to saying I'm bisexual. I've got a far greater percentage attraction to men than I do women... (Anyone can see that though, considering how I fangirl over j-rockers. :x)

I do think that a lot of this could be due to androgynous J-rocker boys too. There's one by the name of Hizaki who dresses and actually literally looks like a girl. People are always confusing him as one if they don't get the Visual Kei scene. I find myself attracted to him a lot more because he's absolutely beautiful, even if he's not a girl either (He's not transexual either. It's just... VK is a confusing type of J-rock sub genre...). I don't really know exactly where I fall, and that's why I've always questioned myself.

I mean, other than considering myself being asexual.

Also, I do think women are beautiful, don't get me wrong. What I mean is like... i don't find them attractive in terms of wanting a relationship with one if that makes sense...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly I'm fairly confident in identifying as pansexual. So pretty much any human can be attractive to me; however I'm also demisexual as well; this is kind of like being asexual some of the time...I have to get fairly comfortable with someone first to really feel any significant attraction for them. Luckily this isn't difficult; but that's just how I am. forever cursed to fall in love with friends x3

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I.. don't know.

It's not my place to label you or to really even recommend you something, but perhaps you should look into demisexuality? From my personal experiences, this term might make better sense to you. I don't approve of the thinking that a label can be slapped onto anything to explain it, but perhaps you're not repulsed simply because you love him. Though of course, that's for you to make sense of.

Then again if you experience sexual attraction to women without needing a bond there first, perhaps it's not the right term.
    Perhaps nothing is, but don't stress it.. it's okay to have exceptions. :)

Lucid

Uh? Simplistically? Aromantic and bisexual. Dated men and women as an adult and I don't feel anything but a sexual attraction to either.

Years
  • I like guys -- the sweet ones; bad boys need not apply. The pretty boy aesthetic always gets me.

I have no idea. I'm being quite serious, so I just tell myself I don't fall into any particular area.
    You're an octopus.

EDIT:
    One method of telling what the sexuality of a person is by the length of their index and ring fingers. Since my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers, I am a straight male.
    No.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Gay af till the day I die
    Funny thing is, about 5/6 years ago I met my first gay friend on PC and without them I prolly wouldn't have realized for at least another year or so
    What's your sexuality?

Yukari

Since I've posted in every one of these I know of I might as well do it again. :P

I'm an Aromantic Asexual.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    Demisexual and agender without a doubt (or maybe a little doubt, but I am 95% sure)

I just recently came out to my family, and they took it pretty hard. I've been questioning for about 2 years, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm demisexual, meaning I am only sexually attracted to someone that I have made a close emotional connection with. It's not something I really tell people because it's one of those sexualities that people often consider fake or something just made up to seem unique or gain attention, but I can honestly say that I'm not sexually attracted to people. I don't see some muscular shirtless man and immediately drool. I don't really think much of it at all. I have only been interested in acknowledging any sexual way with those that I formed a strong emotional tie with. Sex has always been something that isn't high on my priority list and something I never exactly cared for and I've always felt that, for me anyway, sex should be an emotional thing as well as physical. I still haven't had sex, so sometimes I think I might just be completely asexual because I'm just that uninterested in it most of the time, even if I have an SO. lol WELP! Don't date me.

For whatever it's worth though, I am only interested in men. But yeah.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm a gay male, never had any problems with it and everyone's generally been very accepting when I've told them so I've been lucky there! I have a boyfriend whom I'm living with and have generally had a pretty easy life in terms of sexuality (of course there have been bad crushes/relationships etc in the past but I'm pretty sure straight people have those too ;p) so I don't really have any complaints - I'm happy with who I am. :D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • I like to identify as "Queer," because I feel that gives people the essential idea they need to know about my sexuality - that is, not straight - while still leaving it open for anything to change if it does. Not that it has, I've only truly felt homosexual attraction. I feel sometimes that I might be biromantic, because when I reflect upon certain women, I think I might have had mental or emotional attraction to them. But it doesn't beat when I'm attracted to men, woo golly nope sir some are too pretty woah now.

I never really liked the homosexual community that much because it's way more discriminatory than some straight people could ever dream to be. There's literally labels for everything. And I find that really unhealthy.

Despite their bad reptuation (God knows why they get it so much), but I think I would've preferred to be bisexual. I feel like I'm missing a lot of opportunities that, if only I were a bit straighter, would've been good to experience. Not that I dislike my homosexuality, I actually really like being queer sometimes. Also sometimes I want to be a lesbian because they're so much more cooler than me for some reason but I'm literally in the worse position to be one so...

But people tend to treat you a whole lot differently. And not in the "I don't accept you" way, either. Some people will accept you and then attribute everything you do to your sexuality when you're simply expressing yourself. THAT's what's really toxic; because you'll start believing it yourself. The homosexuality community, more than a lot of others, has a tendency to influence its members to be stereotypes under the veil of "expressing yourself." Like, there's a lot of difference between someone who's doing things because that's just who they are and somebody who's doing things because they're living up to a stereotype.

So frankly, I have never had a problem being attracted to other men and accepting that. It's been the way people "accept" me and view me after knowing about my non-heterosexuality. They just have no respect to what it means to me and my personality. It's weird to think sometimes ... some of the most religious people I know have been the least weird about it, even if they didn't necessarily view it as a good thing.

Nu-trans fourth trimester transsensual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer pseudo-dyke reformed lesbiophilic heteromollusc

You must've filled out a lot of paperwork to secure all those titles.​

Back