• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
  • AL4dJXM.png

Pewter City, Pokemon Center
    714.png
    004.png

Gideon Arc

Gideon waved a curt goodbye to nurse Joy as he step through the sliding doors and into the Pewter City air. The sky was a pale blue, clear and humid. While not overly annoying, it made his skin sticky, made him feel less than normal. He pulled his jacket off his body and folded it up before stuffing it in his backpack.

"The whether can be confusing sometimes," He thought, looking up at the sky and wiping the slight moisture from his forehead. "I just came out the air conditioning. How annoying."

Letting his small thoughts fall of the cliff of his forefront, he turned towards a empty street and headed in the direction of the Pewter City gym. He heard the leader of it was strong in the rock type, that wasn't exactly a good match up for him. But not too many gyms would be. It was a good thing he had plenty of faith in Violet and Crimson. If they couldn't pull through this battle then he'd have to start over.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years

• Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
    Viridian Forest
    "Curtain Closed"

So it turned out that the weird punk of a Pikachu and its nearly unconscious pal were smarter than they looked, as they chose to retreat from the fight rather than stay to get their asses beat like their comrades had. Bál growled in displeasure for not having gotten the chance to finish off what she started, but her trainer didn't share that sentiment. He was just damn happy the whole crazy situation was finally over. Seriously, what the hell was all that about? Like his day hadn't sucked enough without getting caught up in all this.

Sigur heaved a sigh of annoyance, scratching his head as he finally allowed his shoulders to relax and back to straighten. Now that he was free, he could finally continue on that damn route to Pewter City. Maybe now Bál had gotten enough fights to last her the trip there. If not, Sigur believed he would convert to eating Pokémon very soon. His stomach was emptier than a Ditto's head. Ugh. He glanced at the two girls out of mild curiosity, only to find out that they were apparently in the middle of an introduction round. What, was this elementary school now?

... Fine.

"Name's Sigur," he voiced without waiting for his turn or making sure he didn't speak over either of them. He just wanted to get this over with fast, and then head towards Pewter. Hopefully, these two would be headed the same way and he could surreptitiously use them as guides, since he had no idea where he was or which way he was supposed to be going. Plus, he needed some human interaction. Someone to tease and all - he couldn't really do that with Bál, not when he ran the risk of getting his arms chopped off by her claws.

"Well, it's a nickname, but not like you could pronounce my real name, anyway," he continued with a shrug, before turning to point a thumb behind him. "And that piece of crazy is Bál. She's-"

He gritted his teeth so hard they damn near chipped.

"... Gone!?"

Sigur took a double take behind him, eyes wide from horror when he realized that his dragon was no longer standing behind him. Oh shit, oh shit, not again. Angry and panicking, the teen raised his gaze and squinted, just barely managing to see a quickly distancing blur of blue in the horizon. Son of a... Did it go chase the Pikachu or what? That bloodthirsty bitch.

"Okay, gotta go, see you later and whatever!" Sigur blurted without taking a moment to breathe in between his words. He grabbed a better hold of his back and, with a quick wave of his hand, dashed into the bushes after his runaway Gabite. He swore, he'd feed that thing to... whatever type was effective against it once he'd catch her. Ice? He recalled her getting beat by a Swinub when young. Yeah, okay, Bál'd be ice-pig food, then. That worked.

Luckily, this time it didn't take that long for Sigur to catch up to the Gabite; it only took a few minutes of frantic running and wheezing for breath for him to finally be in hearing distance. And he didn't waste a moment to make use of that.

"Bál, goddamnit, didn't you get enough already?!" He shouted as he finally allowed his running steps to slow to a walk. Unfortunately, she wasn't listening (not that... that was anything new, really) as she was too focused on glaring down the strange, scarred Pikachu from earlier. Or, well, staring up, rather; the rodent was safely sitting on a branch away from Bál's reach, small feet trembling from exhaustion, yet cheeks still sparkling and eyes mere, glaring slits. The Gabite's glare was equally icy, and her claws glowed with the clear intent to sink into the Pikachu's flesh, probably to finish the thing off for good, since it didn't look it could hold on much longer. Geez.

"Hey, come on, I'm seriously considering eating Caterpies if we don't get the hell out of here soon," the teen tried to reason a bit more calmly as he approached, one hand brushing sweaty strands from his face. "Or roasting one of the Pikachus from earlier. So how ab-"

Finally, Sigur's words had an effect. Too bad that it wasn't Bál they affected - it was the Pikachu. In what had to be the fastest leap Sigur had ever seen in his life, the Pikachu had kicked itself from the tree's branch and launched its yellow, sparkling body straight towards his face.

"Holy-!" Sigur breathed, not having much time to do anything but yelp and take a clumsy step backwards, nearly tripping over his own legs. He had a split second to defend himself, and so without giving it any further thought, he ran his hands along his clothes and belongings, looking for something, anything to fight back. Come on, he gotta have owned something usable as a weapon.

Just then, his fingers brushed against something solid and decidedly removable, and he wasted not a single second grabbing it. As he brought it closer for throwing, he managed to catch a glimpse of red and white from his peripheral vision. He knew that color scheme anywhere.

A... Pokéball?

Yeah, okay, whatever, blunt trauma is blunt fucking trauma!

And so with as much as strength as he could muster, Sigur threw the ball straight at the Pikachu, praying to god it would be enough to knock it out. It was already exhausted, so it wasn't like it was an impossible thought.

Through some miracle the sphere did actually hit its target, and in a flash of red light that blinded Sigur and pushed him to fall backwards on his ass, the Pikachu was gone. Wait, what? How?!

... Oh, right. Pokéballs captured Pokémon, right?

The ball wiggled once.

So that's why the Pikachu was gone and he was saved, huh.

It wiggled twice.

But wait, if it went inside the ball, didn't that mean he... captured it?

It wiggled thrice.

... Shit, no, he didn't want that rodent to-

Sigur reached towards the ball as if in an attempt to pry it open before he'd hear the final ping.

-------------

Pokémon on Hand

444f.gif

Bál,
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moveset:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Body Slam
    - Dig
    - Sandstorm
    - Hone Claws

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Part 6: Boulder Badge earned

Lilliana
    wendy-02.png
    Spoiler:

Badges
    Spoiler:

After a few moments the dust cleared and Lilliana smiled happily jumping into the air with a cheer. "Yay way to go Aria!" she giggled seeing Brock's Geodude fainted and Aria standing weakly.

"Congrats Kid, you've successfully earned the Boulder Badge" Brock smiled handing her the badge and she quickly pulled out the blue case her father had made for her and fit the Boulder Badge into the correct spot. "That was a great battle, you've got one badge Lilliana seven more to go"

"Thank you for playing with me" Lilliana giggled and called Aria back into her Pokeball. She walked a few steps away from Brock and then turned her head smiling. "Hopefully we'll get the chance to do this again" she waved her hand and ran out of the gym.

First stop the Pokemon Center and then route 3 she thought slowing down as she neared the Pokemon Center. Entering the doors she had a short conversation with Nurse Joy and handed over Aria's and Alex's Pokeballs. "While you heal them is there a video phone I can use?" she asked kindly.

"Yes dear right over there. I'll bring your Pokemon over to you when they're healed" Nurse Joy said pointing at a machine against the wall with a stool in front of it.

"Thank you Nurse Joy" Lilliana bowed her head respectfully like her father had drilled into her. Walking over to the machine she hopped up onto the stool and entered the number for the video phone that was in Alexander's room at home. After a few minutes the ringing stopped and the image of her twin older by five minutes. "Alexander" she smiled happily seeing the boy with the same blue hair and the same eyes as her.

"Lilli just now calling me you said you would as soon as you got there" Alexander smiled at her through the screen.

"I'm sorry Alexander you know how I am I got distracted if I didn't have Aria i would have forgotten what I was here for" Lilliana smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of her head.

"It's alright sis, so what all have you done so far?"

"Well on the way here Aria and I fought a Vulpix and I caught it. I named it Alex. Um...I made a friend named Delta I saved him from a fire in the forest and got him to play tag with me" she smiled happily digging into her bag and pulling out her badge case opening it. "I just earned this"

"Way to go Lilli I'm proud of you" Alexander smiled at her but she could see the longing look in his eyes.

"I'm winning these for you Alexander. I don't wanna be a gym trainer but I know you want to" she frowned a sad look forming on her face as she started to think.

"Lilli! Lilliana look at me" she heard her twin call out and she looked up meeting his eyes and snapping out of her thoughts seeing a look of relief on his face.

"What?" she asked as Nurse Joy came over and handed her two Pokeballs. "Thank you Nurse Joy."

"Nothing Lilli" Alexander smiled softly I just don't want you to remember that day he thought keeping the smile on his face. "It's off to the next gym right? I'd see about catching a grass type or an electric type. Aria's a water type and Alex won't stand a chance against Misty's water type Pokemon."

"That's a great idea bro" Lilliana smiled. "I should get going I want to get as far as I can before it gets too dark"

Alexander looked at her sternly and sighed. "Be careful please if you insist on heading out now maybe try to find someone to go with so your not alone at night please"

"I will Alexander. I love you and tell mom and dad I love them too I'll call again when I reach another Pokemon Center"

"Love you too Sis have fun" Alexander smiled at her and waved his hand making Lilliana hide a wince. She felt so bad knowing her brother could only move his arms but not being able to remember why it had happened.

Ending the call Lilliana got up from the stool and exited the Pokemon Center hoping to run into someone willing to travel with her for the night.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Mount Moon - Criminal Group​

I kept walking deeper on the mountain and leaving those thugs hypnotized.

I could see that Gary Clark was keeping his rhythm. Good for him.

I got down in some weird stairs.

And then... Pow! Something hit on my head. I blacked out

1 hour later...

I woke up... I was tied... I look around and i saw Gary Clark tied too. Then i see a Raticate, a Beedril, a Kadabra, a Croconaw, a Pidgeotto and a Cacnea on a cage. Then i see Bubbles, Sludges and Leaf on a cage too.

A guy talked. He had a Dodrio, a Fearow and a Haunter.

"Haunter saw you taking a Leaf Stone. Give it to me! While you Croconaw boy... Give me the Moon Stone!" Said the guy.

"Hmph... Why would i give you the Moon Stone?" Gary Clark said with an arrogant face.

"We would never help you in whatever are you doing!" I shouted.

"Well then... This is what happens to who messes with Team Rocket!" This name crossed my mind, "Haunter use Hypnosis!" We both fell asleep.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Mount Moon: Prepare for trouble!

Delta
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Delta was ready to collapse when he made it to the Pokémon center near the entrance of mount moon. He stumbled through the automatic doors and wheeled to the pink haired woman on the other side of the counter: Will... you... restore my... Pokémon? Sure thing. Nurse joy replied turning from the television screen to put his Pokéballs on the rejuvenation station. An all too familiar jingle played and she returned the Pokéballs to Delta. Thank you ma'am Delta smiled having caught his breath. Its my job. Say if your heading into mount moon be careful. The wild Pokémon inside have been extremely hostile ever since that private mining company began excavating new tunnels. I suppose it's nature's way of fighting humanity's lust for moon stones and fossils. Nurse joy called to Delta as he stepped back outside.

Delta crawled through the Rocky tunnels and found that the nurse hadn't been lying. After having Riley dispatch several sandshrew, Char roasting some Paras, and Hope obliterating swarms of Zubat, Delta had barely made it into the first large chamber. Propping himself against a wall he sat and rested with his Pokemon whilst looking around. Somethings not right here. Just digging a new tunnel wouldn't make the Pokémon this angry, I mean when they were building new Villas back home they had to cut through some of Reversal mountain, but the wild Pokémon didn't get this angry... What's going on? Delta pondered to himself as he squirmed around trying to make himself more comfortable. He yelled in pain as something dug into his back. Stupid rock! Delta snarled as he tossed it into a wall. The stone shattered into several pieces and Delta almost fainted when he saw what was lying in the rubble. "Tha... That... That's a Fossil!"

Delta obtained a jaw fossil! Delta put the jaw fossil in the long dead things pocket!

Delta kicked through the rest of the rubble and was mildly disappointed when nothing else appeared. However he didn't have time to mope because at that minute a man in a black suit leaped out from behind a rock. Gimme that fossil you little twerp! The man snarled and sent out an Ekans. No way! The sign says I can keep anything I find within the mountain. Delta replied sending out Hope. Ekans use wrap! The stranger ordered. Hope was wrapped by the purple snake and Delta gritted his teeth. not so funny now is it? Hope! Thundershock! Delta replied. Hope released a blast of electricity from her tail and the snake Pokémon was struck with the full force, being unable to dodge as it was wrapped around Hope. Use poison sting! Thundershock again! The Shinx released another bolt of lightning, but Ekans managed to hit Hope with it's poison sting attack. Ekans released Hope from its wrap and hope shook whilst trying not to be knocked out by the poison. The Shinx rushed forward with a quick attack and collided into Ekans before it could move. Ekans slumped into a rock and began to twitch, but wasn't able to control itself. I'm not done yet you piece of crap! The black suited man growled kicking the Ekans. Hope use Charge! Delta snarled. Shinx began to glow and the black suited man's jaw hit the floor. Hey, maybe we got off on the wrong foot ya know? How would you like to join Team Rocket? We could use a strong kid like you... The man pleaded eying the glowing Shinx. Team Rocket? I don't know who they are, but if punks like you are in it then I can guarantee that I want nothing to do with it. Oh and... I'd start running. I don't know how long Hope's going to be able to hold that much energy in... Delta finished pointing towards the Pokémon. At that moment a blast of electricity erupted from around Hope and struck everything around her, including the team Rocket grunt and Delta, albeit Delta hadn't been hit nearly as bad thanks to the rubber gloves he had put on after having been shocked by Hope earlier.

Hope learned Discharge!

Needless to say the man rushed off, forgetting his Ekans behind. Delta felt sorry for the Pokémon but knew that there was nothing he could do to free it from the hands of the thugs of Team Rocket, so he continued onwards deeper into the cavernous bowels of mount moon.

Years
  • 8RsK8Hk.png
    Tasman Bailey
    418.png
    016.png

Tasman hurried down the grey stone streets of Pewter City, running full pelt past both commercial and residential buildings suddenly aware that the sky was becoming darker and the cool breeze he had ben experiencing at the park had become positively frigid in the evening air.
    "This is what I get for being so easily distracted!!!" he found himself yelling loudly, surprising the waning numbers of pedestrians around him.

Tasman had intended to go straight from the park where he had met Jara to the Pewter Gym, where he could challenge Brock in order to gain his first badge. Unfortunately, Tasman had come across the Pewter Museum on the way and all but forgetting his plans had stopped and quickly become enthralled by the stones and fossils on display. It was only the closing of the museum that had sparked his panic… and had inadvertently caused him to run the wrong direction at first.

The large, grey painted, building that was the Pewter Gym no finally came into view – a staff member in the process of closing up for the day. Tasman practically launched himself through the open sliding doors an skidded to a halt by the man.
    "I'm here to challenge Brock!" he breathed heavily, bent over double and panting. The man looked at Tasman irritably
    "We're closing up, we took in our last challenger a little while ago and she's gone on her way."
    "The brochure says you wouldn't close before 8:30 if there were still challengers in the lobby!" Tasman protested, eager to experience his first gym battle, however the staff-member would not budge
    "It has been an exceptionally busy day" he said and started to shoo Tasman from the gym when a third voice cut over him
    "You really shouldn't be such a grouch Patrick" a calm and friendly sounding voice said from the now open door at the end of the lobby. Brock strode into the room, his eyes practically slits but somehow not alarming or threatening "come on through, we're not closed yet."

A few moments later, Tasman found himself standing on one side of a large battlefield opposing Brock. The field was made of rock and tightly packed sand, several large and jagged boulders jutted out from the ground – although several had been burned, cracked or even completely shattered as a result of the many earlier gym battles. Tasman stood there in awe, he'd never seen anything like it and the empty rows of tiered spectator seats around the room only added to the imposing sense of the arena. Still, Tasman was not so enthralled that he could not register the change in the gym leader's demeanour
    "What's your name then, challenger?" Brock asked, suddenly serious
    "Tasman Bailey, pleased to meet you." Brock inclined his head in response to Tasman's greeting before continuing
    "Is this your first gym battle Tasman?"
    "Yeah, my first time in Kanto too – so far this has all been quite the experience." Brock appeared surprised, but was soon able to regain his professional demeanour
    "I see, well let's not waste any more time in getting into your first gym battle then. Sudowoodo, let's go!" Brock released his first pokemon from its ball, in a flash of white light what appeared to be a tree-like pokemon appeared. It seemed to be about four feet tall, with several green spheres on the ends of its arms resembling hands and what looked like a twig on the top of its head. Tasman was well-aware though that Sudowoodo was a rock-type that had simply evolved in time to resemble a grass type in order to avoid water-typed attacks. He was thankful his mother had thought to tell him about that when he was younger.
    Maybe I'll let him think I've fallen for it Tasman smiled
    "Majesta, shall we?" he said, still grinning as he released his feisty Pidgey from the confines of her ball. The battle had begun.

Tasman though quickly, he knew that most of Majesta's moves would do very little damage to the rock-type, so he sought to take advantage of its negligible speed instead of its type.
    "Quick Attack!" Majesta streaked towards her opponent, a fierce brown blur – at least she seemed as such to Tasman. Brock just smirked, not even uttering a command as the Pidgey repeatedly battered her opponent. Again and again Majesta attacked, but not once did the Sudowoodo falter, then;
    "Sudowoodo, use Sucker Punch!" in a sudden flurry of motion, the usually slow pokemon was able to out-pace Majesta and punch her hard to the ground where she struggled to return to her feet
    "Now, low sweep!" Brock followed up, the Sudowood sweeping its leg across the ground and sending Majesta skidding across the ground. Groaning she flapped hard against the ground, forcing herself back to her feet once again ready to take to the air.

Tasman was shocked at the sudden ferocious attack, he had not counted on a priority move, and certainly not one has powerful as Sucker Punch. Brock had waited until just the right moment and then struck out.
    "Fine, let's try attacking from a distance. Twister!" Majesta flapped her wings, a violent gale sweeping over the rock terrain of the battle field and soon forming into a large swirling vortex, the tornado moved quickly towards the Sudowoodo collecting more dust and gravel as it went.
    "Protect!" Brock yelled as the Twister was just about to hit its target, a green sphere of light burst into life around the rock-type shielding it from harm. Luckily, Tasman had anticipated Brock having a counter-measure for Sudowoodo's lack of resistance against special moves like Twister
    "Brave Bird!" As the barrier faded, Majesta dived into the lingering cloud of dust surrounded by a blazing red light, suddenly erupting from the side and fanning her wings. The light flashed and expanded into a brilliant blue aura as Majesta slammed into her opponent and sent it flying across the room.
    "You strategise well. I'm impressed" Brock acknowledged "I'm impressed. Are you okay?" he asked his pokemon, but it just nodded already back on it feet. Majesta on the other hand, was fairing poorly shocked by the recoil damage of the attack.

"Sand-Attack!" Tasman shouted and Majesta remained on the ground, flapping her wings until the sand on the ground blew against the Sudowoodo in a cloud, stinging its eyes and clouding its vision
    "Bave Bird!" Again Majesta launched through the cloud, but this time she did not meet with success
    "Protect!" Brock called, and instead of hitting her target, Majesta collided with the glowing barrier, an opportunity Brock didn't waste
    "Stone Edge!" as the Pidgey fell back spluttering through the air, several jagged stones formed around the gym leader's Sudowoodo and launched at her, slamming into her at a dangerous velocity and sending her flying into the back wall of the gym. Majesta fell to the ground, twitching and barely conscious.
    "You can strategise as much as you want, but I won't fall for the same trick twice and I won't let you overcome a type disadvantage so easily."

Tasman returned Majesta to her pokeball, thanking her for her hard work. Then he looked to Brock and laughed
    "It's not over yet, how dull would that be? Gati, you're turn!" In the familiar flash of light, Tasman's Buizel took to the battlefield.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Unsure​

704.gif
    33.gif
    Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

Jordan caught a Nidorino!

Jordan calmly walked towards the Pokeball as he heard the defining ping! signalling the the capture was successful. This is my first capture. He cradled the Pokeball with his two hands, feeling the warmth given off by the item. He was not sure if that was due to the sun or because there is already a living being inside it. Either way, he called out his new Pokemon.

"Nidoran, come out!" Nidoran appeared in a flash of red light. Goo suddenly became wary of the new Pokemon, realizing that it was the same creature he was battling a few moments ago. Jordan could see that Nidorino was hurt and his Goo could use some healing. He opened his bag and got out two Potions, items he bought from the Pewter City PokeMart using his allowance.

"Here, let me heal you both up." He sprayed one on the Goomy and another on the Nidorino. Both seemed to relish the medicine. "Now, Goo meet our new partner, Nidorino. I shall call you Nido!" The Pokemon seemed to not be pleased with the name. But it doesn't seem to dislike it either. It just stayed in its default emotion. It bared its fangs.

Okay, now that I have two Pokemon, what should I do next? Not for the first time in his life, Jordan Kaleel Jr. was unsure on what to do next. He could see Mt. Moon looming in the distance and he knows proceeding towards the great mountain will be the logical thing to do. However, he wanted both Goo and Nido to grow and be strong before he proceeded. The battle with Brock turned out harder than expected and that was with a type-advantage. Who knows if he is still going to have the same leverage over the next gyms?

A sudden thought appeared in his mind. Jordan got his Pokedex out, using it for the first time, and found Goomy's entry. He also found Nidorino's entry and found both things he was looking for.

"Okay. We will have you two learn a move." It was the first time Jordan would be doing it, but he was sure it would be really successful. "I found Dragonbreath for you Goo. I think it's fairly easy for you to learn it as you're a Dragon-type yourself. Nidorino, I got Poison Sting for you. This will be fun."

He started by finding a wild Pokemon to train both his Pokemon out. He found two Spearows in the grasses, silently pecking at the ground for grub. "Goo! Start with a Tackle! Nido, same as Goo!" Both Pokemon rushed forward and crashed into the Spearows, Goo a beat slower. One of the Spearows cawed and tried to fly away but Nidorino pinned it down. The other was viciously pecking at Goo. "Now, let's see if you can use Dragonbreath!" Goo opened its mouth and a stream of Bubbles came out, far from being a full-blown Dragonbreath. Nidorino was Pecking back at the Spearow it pinned down. "Goo! Stop the bubble! You're a Dragon! Breathe it!" Goo continued the stream of bubbles. Jordan took his attention back towards the Spearow. "Poison Sting!" Nidorino seemed to know what to do. It's horn glowed purple and it stabbed Spearow near the wing. The Pokemon cried out in pain.

Nidorino learned Poison Sting!

Jordan felt proud as Nidorino continued to attack the Spearow with Poison Stings. Once Jordan felt Nidorino got the hang of the attack, he ordered Nido to let go of the Spearow. The Pokemon released at once and gave one last Peck just to show the Spearow who the boss was. The Pokemon flew away. However, Goo had little luck. The Bubbles only seemed to annoy the Spearow. "Goo! Dragonbreath!" The Bubbles continued. Nido seemed to regard the moment as senseless as he crashed into the Spearow Goo was battling and sent a Poison Sting towards it. The Spearow flew away, chasing its companion while crying out.

"Christ."

Nido looked at Goo and called out. "Nido!" The Dragon-type seemed flustered by the taunt as it sent out another stream of Bubbles towards Nidorino, which it dodged. Before Nido could counter-attack Jordan recalled it back to its ball. This will be a headache.

Years
  • 8RsK8Hk.png
    Tasman Bailey
    The Final Clash at the Pewter Gym
    418.png
    016.png

Gati's fist, cloaked in an orange light, collided with the Sudowoodo's branch-like arm, also glowing but a brilliant forest-green. Tasman's Buizel surprised Brock and his pokemon with the strength of its move, however there was no denying that the Sudowoodo was stronger, and Wood Hammer the stronger attack. The rock-type was pushed back several feet whilst Gati was knocked sprawling back along the ground near Tasman's feet, although he quickly leapt back up there was no doubt that he'd received more damage.
    "Again!" Tasman yelled and once gain Gati's fist lit up as he ran full-pelt for the Sudowoodo.
    "Protect!" Brock called as Gati reached the gym leader's pokemon and the now irritatingly familiar green sphere of energy erupted into being, Gati's attack hitting the barrier and doing no damage to the Sudowoodo "Wood Hammer!" Brock called as soon as Gati's attack was blocked, and the Buizel's opponent attempted to slam it's green-glowing limb down on Gati's head. Tasman was not about to let his last pokemon get hit with a strong, super-effective move though
    "Aqua Jet!"

Gati launched forward, propelled by a cloak of shimmering, high-pressure water, and slammed right into his opponent, narrowly avoiding the wrath of the Sudowoodo's Wood Hammer. The pair of combatants soared across the battlefield until the Sudowoodo's back hit the hard ground and Gati went over the top of it, skidding to a halt on its feet. Tasman didn't let his opponent rally
    "Once more!" Gati again used Aqua Jet, flying towards the downed rock-type with the extremely effective move, but Brock was ready for him.
    "Sucker Punch!" As fast as Aqua Jet was, Sucker Punch was still faster… and stronger. As Gati was about to hit his target, Sudowoodo rolled to the side and slammed its hand down on Gati, knocking him into the ground with a loud bang, cracking ground.

Gati twitched at the feet of the Sudowoodo, it looked like it was going to be all over – a two to one loss for Tasman. The young trainer found himself surprised; he felt his heart pumping with adrenaline, fear and most shockingly a strong desire to win. He refused to lose the battle, and knowing his Buizel, he knew Gati would agree. The Sudowoodo's hand glowed green once more, and it raised its arm to deliver the final blow. Tasman felt his panic grow and in his mad fever, inspiration hit him. He knew enough about Sudowoodo to win, the answer was obvious. In that split second of thought, he knew he'd won the round.
    "Aqua Ring!" he yelled and without questioning the command, Gati formed a complex matrix of thin, lightly glowing rings of water that surrounded his body as he struggled into a crouch. The sudden appearance of all the water nearby made the Sudowoodo flinch and falter, Tasman smirked.
    "Power-Up Punch!" Gati leapt up, swinging his arm in a wide-arcing uppercut – his glowing fist colliding with the Sudowoodo's face and sending it staggering, causing it to lose its balance and begin to fall.
    "Finish it off Gati!" the Buizel didn't need telling, it flew into the unbalanced pokemon with an Aqua Jet, once significantly stronger than his earlier ones due to the repeated use of the strength-increasing Power-Up Punch.

Sopping wet the Sudowoodo crashed through two of the battlefield's boulders, before coming to a rest by the edge of the field. It lay groaning but otherwise couldn't bring itself to move.
    "A good effort" Brock smiled, returning his fallen pokemon before his face once again became serious and he released his next pokemon from the confines of its pokeball "Kabutops, let's go!"

In a flash of white light, a tall and thin fossil-pokemon emerged. It's insectoid appearance and rocky skin accentuated by jutting protrusions on its back and shining scythes at the ends of its arms. Tasman looked in awe at his new opponent
    "Amazing! I knew we could reanimate fossils with enough DNA present, but I never expected to see a fully-evolved fossil pokemon with my own eyes! This is fantastic!" Tasman continued to blabber excitedly until Bocks gaze caught his attention
    "Are you ready?" the gym leader asked and Tasman nodded his reply. He knew he was in for a fight, Kabutops was a rock-type like Sudowoodo before it… but unlike Sudowoodo it possessed a secondary water-type that would make it more resistant to Gati's Aqua Jet. Tasman was thankful that Aqua Ring had replenished his partner's health.

"Aqua Jet!" Tasman and Brock called simultaneously, both pokemon rocketing towards each other in a spray of sparkling water and colliding head on, despite Gati's temporarily increased strength he was still weaker than the fossil pokemon, although they appeared closely matched. Gati flew towards Tasman, skidding to his feet before his trainer, ready to face off against the Kabutops again.
    "Aqua Ring!" Tasman called, and Gati once again begun to heal itself, Brock however had other ideas.
    "Absorb!" Even as the rings of shining, crystalline water appeared they took on a sickly green-hue as stream of green energy latched onto Gati, draining his health and adding to the Kabutops'. Tasman replied with another fierce Aqua Jet, but the fossil pokemon cut Gati out of the air with a ferocious Slash. From then on a furious struggle erupted, attack after attack colliding near the centre of the battle field. A slash crashing into a Power-Up punch with a shower of orange and white sparks, Gati dodging through strands of green as he tried to hit his foe with a Pursuit and amazingly large and powerful Aqua Jets colliding with each other sending shockwaves throughout the room. Aqua Jets after Aqua Jets met with a crash in the middle of the battlefield and Tasman found himself grinning to see that after Gati's continued use of Power-Up Punch his partner was now equal in strength with their foe, although his lesser defence proved a hindrance.

Gati's strength was flagging, and he was unable to heal with Aqua Ring for every time he tried the menacing green strands of Kabutops' absorb would taint the pristine water. The battle was close but it seemed it was only a matter of time before Gati lost his furious and desperate struggle.
    "Aqua Jet!" he and Brock called together once more, and once more their pokemon rocketed into each other, colliding with a shockwave as the water sprayed across the room like a sudden downpour, drenching everyone and everything around. Gati landed in a crouch, panting heavily his body shaking. Across from him, the Kabutops still stood strong. Brock chuckled
    "Sorry, but this looks like the end… and I'm going to make sure that it is. Kabutops, Mega Kick!"

Tasman looked on in horror as the fossil pokemon leapt into the air, its lower right leg blazing with an intense white light as it flew towards Gati, the Buizel barely able to move. In the instant he had, Tasman racked his brains, breathing fast his head pounding alongside his pulse. There had to be something he could do, some way he could turn his opponents power against him…
    "Use Power-Up Punch on top of its leg!" he found himself crying out, the revelation washing over him. Gati's fist lit up and with a sudden, crazed and desperate effort he pushed himself to his feet, swivelled to the side and slammed his fist on top of the thin leg of the Kabutops, slamming it's leg behind it into the ground and ruining its trajectory, shock flared in the eyes of the otherwise stoic fossil.
    "Pursuit!" Gati followed up by slipping passed his opponent guard, and ramming his shoulder into the weaker point at the base of its neck, the normally weak attack greatly boosted by Gati's continual use of Power-Up Punch. The Kabutops buckled under the attack, and fell to its knees. Gati smirked and brought his arm down on his opponents head sending it crashing hard into the ground and knocking it out cold. Gati fell to his knees but through sheer strength of will did not faint.

Oddball_

Years
  • Mount Moon: Great Hordes of Zubat!

Delta
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Delta grinned as he watched a traveling hikers Geodude fall to the ground with a thud. Once again Delta stood victorious and he shook hands with the hiker before continuing down the dark corridor, swagger in his every step. Well untill he tripped over his untied shoelaces and stumbled down a steep cliff and ended up in a thirty foot hole. Ah crap... Delta muttered looking up towards the ledge he had fallen from. The Pokéball on his belt popped open and a very annoyed looking Riley popped out. "Rio Rio!" Riolu shouted at his incompetent human trainer before sitting on a rock and pouting. Hey it's not my fault my shoelaces decided to come undone. You know what... Delta growled as he ripped the shoelaces out of his shoes and stuffed them into his pocket. Riley stared at his trainer and began to wonder just how hard Delta had hit his head on the way down.
    Don't look at me like that. They're evil I tell you! Delta remarked shaking his head. Delta sighed, the evil shoelaces forgotten, and began to look around. Char! Hope! Help shed some light will you! Delta called tossing the two Pokéballs onto the cave floor. Char and Hope landed beside Riley and begin looking around. "Char Char Char?(Why's it so dark?)" The little yellow Charmander asked. "Ri Rio Riolu!(Smart guy over there tripped and fell into a hole, and now he wants us to help him find a way out.)" The two Pokémon explode into laughter whilst Delta and Hope continue down the tunnel searching for a way out.
    Delta's eyes scanned the walls as Shinx released a burst of electricity illuminating the cave for a split second. No, you gotta keep the light going. That's called flash... I think. Oh! Dexter has LED's! Delta muttered pulling out the high tech encyclopedia. After turning the device on, Delta grinned as he thought about what professor Oak would say if he saw him using the Pokédex as a flashlight. Woah... look at all these stones... Steven would have a heart attack in here! Delta muttered as he stared around the tunnel. Indeed, the tunnel was littered with an assortment of stones, A cluster of moon stones here, An Icy rock there, but the stone that caught Delta's eye the most was a faintly glowing rock sitting on what seemed to be a natural pedestal. What a stone! Delta breathed inching his hand forward. His fingertips brushed the rainbow hued stones surface and Delta clutched the stone in his fingers.

Delta obtained an Intriguing Stone! Delta put the intriguing Stone into the probably important items pocket!

The ground around them rumbled and large chunks of stone began crashing down around them. How cliché can you get! Delta growled as he dodged a very annoyed looking boulder, which may or may not have actually been a Geodude. Char and Riley ran towards Delta at speeds that only adrenaline would allow. Suddenly the rocks stopped falling and a horrible screeching noise filled the air. A group of Zubat flew down towards Delta and his Pokémon as they gasped at the sheer amount of enraged Pokémon. "Hope! Discharge!" Delta cried as the first wave of bats flew by tearing his clothes apart. Hope began charging power and Riley began attacking with Dragon pulse. Char burped up a couple Flame bursts and after a moment Hope released the power it had been storing and fried a portion of the Zubat. Onix! Use rock blast! A familiar voice interupted from behind. Delta half turned and saw the unmistakable green and orange vest. Talk about good timing! Delta called as the sixth or seventh wave of Zubat are brought down between the combined efforts of Delta's Pokémon. Onix roared and the remaining Zubats flew away, intimidated by the rock snake. I'd heard that some hordes of pokemon were attacking people and I felt obliged to check it out. Looks like it's a good thing I did. Brock smiled offering to pull Delta onto the back of Onix. Thanks, I don't know what it is, but this place has gone insane. First some Team Rocket tries to mug me for the fossil I found, then I get attacked by seven thousand Zubat... Brock remained silent, a flash of dread crossing his face at the name of the most infamous gangsters in all of Kanto. Delta and Brock rode Onix out of the collapsed tunnel and they parted ways at the top of the cliff that Delta had stumbled down. Be careful alright, and keep your shoes... Brock paused noticing the shoelaceless pair of sneakers. Shoelaces are evil. Delta explained before he continued down the path returning to his ponderings of the morality of shoelaces.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Mt. Moon - Battle at Mount Moon

I woke up and i was in a cage. I wasn't dreaming. I was screwed.

Gary Clark was awake. "So you finnaly got awake... We are going to spend time here..."

I looked around. I looked on my bag then. They had forgot to take the Leaf Stone.

"So... Wanna play cards?" I said.

"I have nothing to do... So why not?" He said with an arrogant voice.

We sat down and i shuffled the deck. Then i gave him 4 cards and gave myself 4 cards.

"Have a 3?" He asked. I gave him a 3 card (angry of course.) "My turn again... aces?" I shook my head. He took a card from the deck (a 6 card).

"Do you have 10?" He angrly gave me two cards of 10. "One point!" I put the four cards near me. "My turn again, any 2?" He sook his head. I took a card (a 5 card).

"Any 6?" I shook my head. He took a card. Then he had a strange expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What is wrong is that you are cheating!" He said. Then he showed me the card he took not so time ago. Was a 10 card.

"I can explain..." If he beats me here, right now, i will die. He opened my jacket and found a second deck. He then found some crads that i could secretly get.

"You son of a-" He was interrupted. The guy with Arbok and the guy with Haunter came in.

"So you woke up? Good that you are having some entertainmen before you die here... When we are finished i will use my Onix to bury you and your Pokémon alive!" Said the Arbok guy.

"Who are you?" Gary Clark asked.

"I am Shadow! A Team Rocket Executive!" Said the Haunter Guy.

"And i am Snake! I am also a Rocket Executive!" Said the one with Arbok.

"We have a deal... Snake talked me about the preformance of you two... How about joining us?" Shadow said.

"Why the we would join your Team of sh*t?" I shouted at him.

"Well you choosed to die right?" He said. Then i heard like some rocks falling on the upper floors.

"Executive! This is dangerous! And a boy with a Shinx defeated me!" Said a grunt.

"We can beat that boy!" Shadow said.

"There is worst. Brock is here! We must leave the faster we can!" Said the grunt.

"There is no worry. Brock is no match to us!" said Shadow.

I saw the keys to the cages. And i got the perfect plan. "Pst. Sludges can you use Minimize?" Sludges nodded and became smaller. He tried to not atract attenction to the grunts. He managed to reach the rock where the keys were. He grabbed the key for our cage. When he returned to my cell, he gave me the key and returned to the normal size.

I opened the cage silently. We secretly got also the keys for our pokemon. When we got the keys for our pokemon cages and were to free them, i triped on a rock. Gary Clark had already saved his pokemon. The grunts heard me. I quickly opened the cage, resulting of Leaf and Bubbles to jump outside for the battle.

We went to our battle possitions. Shadow talked. "Wanna return to your cages or you want trouble..."

"Uh... I go for trouble!" I said.

"Yeah! And make that double!" Gary Clark said.

"Whahahahaha! Are you crazy? 20 of us vresus you two? Lets go!" All the grunts called teir pokemon.

"Attack!" Both the sides said. At the middle of the battle, i found a fossil that looked like a claw.I remember that this is a Claw Fossil so i picked it up and put it on my bag.

Years
  • 8RsK8Hk.png
    Tasman Bailey
    How to Destroy a Tree (and Hopefully Catch a Nidorino)
    418.png
    016.png

With Gati by his side and Majesta circling above, Tasman sat in the warmth of the sun admiring the way the Boulder Badge between his index finger and thumb gleamed in the sunlight. It was the day after Tasman had defeated Brock, however he'd only just now thought to actually look at his Badge having left the Gym in a hurry to watch a meteor shower that the Gym Leader mentioned, completely missing he was being invited to go with Brock and his family. The way the light shined against the sun had Tasman in something of a trance, which Gati found extremely amusing.

Suddenly however, Tasman's transfixed Gaze was ripped away from his badge. Not too far away an enormous pillar of electricity had erupted out of nowhere. Without stopping to think, Tasman ran towards it just as it vanished with Gati and Majesta hurrying along with him. It didn't take long for the trio to find the site of the shock, however reaching the apex of a small hill by the location it became apparent that whatever had caused the distraction was no longer there. In place of the catalyst however was a large circle of burned and dead grass and cracked ground. Route Three was a patchy route nestled inside a large canyon that lead up to Mt. Moon. The Majority of it was covered in thin grass, however there were many large sandy or rocky patches as well on the uneven terrain. This was something different though; this was a grassy area that had been devastated by a nasty electrical attack. It was extremely interesting.
    "I do not think we want to meet whichever pokemon was able to create lightning like that, I think it used Thunder not Thunderbolt."

Tasman knelt down and reached over to touch the ground when he realised he was still holding his badge, he blinked at the object as though he was surprised to even find it in his possession, his expression causing Gati to fall over laughing. Tasman reached for his bag so he could return the object to his badge case… his bag wasn't there. Gati laughed even harder and it didn't take Tasman long to realise what had happened. In his haste to explore the source of the electricity he had ran off and left his bag where he'd been sitting earlier. Unfortunately, the bag was far from empty and contained all of Tasman's supplies – food for him and his pokemon, clothes, medicinal supplies, his badge case, his pokeballs, pokedex and most importantly the large notebook that contained all his drafts and ideas.
    "Oh… right" Gati was beyond hysterical with laughter, struggling to not fall over as he followed behind Tasman and Majesta as they hurried back the way they had come.

Flying at her top speed, Majesta arrived at the location of Tasman's bag before he or Gati (who was still laughing too hard to move as fast as he could), but surprised both of the laggers-behind when she dive-bombed out of the air. Not long after a worried trainer and Buizel arrived at the scene and stopped dead in their tracks. A spiky pink pokemon was running in circles, Tasman's bag on its head and Majesta pecking furiously at him – and it was definitely a him because Tasman recognised the hampered pokemon as a Nidorino which was a male only species. Tasman's belongings were strewn all over the camp, but the sight of a Nidorino being chased by Majesta whilst seemingly wearing a bag on its head was extremely comical. Tasman bent over-double, Gati no longer the only one in hysterics.
    As the onlookers laughed, the Nidorino finally managed to shake off the bag – sending a particularly large apple rolling across the ground amongst Tasman's other possessions. The Nidorino ran after the fruit, the apple seemingly the object of the Poison Pin pokemon's desire. Majesta dived between it and the fruit intending to take it out with a Brave Bird, but before Majesta could even begin the attack the larger purple pokemon barrelled trough her, smacking her aside and straight through a tree in its quest for food. Both Tasman and his Buizel stopped laughing, knowing full-well that doing something like that to the fiery Pidgey was both not especially easy to do, and extremely inadvisable.
    "Well I wasn't planning on battling today but apparently that's out the window."

Majesta pelted back trough the bird-sized hole in the trunk of the tree in a blur of motion as she attacked with Quick Attack, smacking into the unguarded side of her target as the Nidorino swallowed what was left of the apple it had devoured. The poison-type was sent rolling across the ground leaping to its feet as it choked and coughed on the food. Once it regained its bearings it glared at the Pidgey… it was the berry situation all over again.

Tasman looked over the situation, unlike any of the other pokemon Tasman had faced, Nidorino's back's were covered with sharp spines and on their head was an equally pointy, poison-secreting horn. They weren't known for having amazing defences, but it wouldn't be a good idea to blindly attack like Majesta was prone to considering the chances of impalement… and yet if he switched her for Gati Tasman knew he'd incur Majesta's wrath instead. Sighing Tasman said to himself
    "Alright then, let's do this quickly before it turns into a bloodbath" then he said more loudly "Twister!" he wanted to keep Majesta away from the Nidorino's spines as much as he could. A tornado sprang into life as Majesta's wings flapped, heading for the Nidorino – however the poison-type surprised Tasman by leaping up and diving into the ground, forming a deep hole.
    Of course, it knows Dig. The ground move itself couldn't damage Majesta, but it allowed the Nidorino to avoid dangerous attacks and surprise its attackers.

For a while nothing happened and it seemed as though the Nidorino had fled, but then it burst out of the ground not far away, catching Majesta off guard and launched itself for her with a glowing horn.
    "Sand-Attack!" Tasman yelled, Majesta flapped sand up into her opponents eyes, and tried to get into the air in time, but the Nidorino's aim was top-notch and its timing impeccable. The horn jabbed into Majesta's wing and sent her spiralling our of control right back into the tree she had just hit. Before Majesta could react the Nidorino ran for her, it's horn shining a foreboding purple.
    "Get out the way, that's Poison Jab!" Tasman shouted, Majesta didn't need telling twice though and had already somehow gotten into the air, the dangerous attack narrowly missing her.
    "Twister!" again the tornado burst into existence, but this time it caught the poison-type and flung it away. The Nidorino got back to its feet and once again rushed for Majesta. Majesta formed another Twister, but this attack missed the same as the first had as the Nidorino buried itself below the ground again. Once more it emerged behind Majesta and launched at her, trying again to hit her with a Poison Jab. This time though, Tasman and Majesta were ready for it
    "Stop flying!" Tasman commanded, as much as she hated heading to the ground Majesta did as she was told, immediately snapping her wings shut so she dropped below her opponent and landed on the ground with a thud – as a flier she knew gravity and despite her instinct to fly up she also knew Tasman was right and that it was faster to work with gravity than against it. Even if she didn't always get along with her trainer, she was quickly learning that he had a useful brain… which apparently the Nidorino didn't because it used Dig again. The manoeuvre was effective, stopping the pokemon from smashing into the ground and preventing a counter-attack, but when it again emerged behind Majesta, exactly the same distance away, it seemed apparent to Tasman and both his pokemon that despite being powerful and having a knack for battles, the Nidorino was pretty stupid.

Once more the wild pokemon tried to Poison Jab Majesta, who was airborne once more, and again Tasman had her drop down out the way. Still, there was no sense letting a foolish move go to waste.
    "Quick Attack!" Majesta launched into the side of the Nidorino just before it hit the ground and sent it slamming into the tree it had knocked her through. Once again the Nidorino got its feet and ran for Majesta, once again with a horn of glowing purple.
    "Dodge it!" Majesta flapped quickly, ascending high enough to avoid the attack before flying in a loop-the-loop to be streaking towards the back of the Nidorino
    "Quick-Attack!"
    Majesta slammed hard into her target in a blur of motion, the Nidorino an easy victim since it had stopped moving and had begun frantically looking around for the Pidgey that had evaded it. The Nidorino rolled back onto its feet as Majesta once again dived for it, this time she was less successful, the Nidorino whirled around and kicked hard with its back legs, twice in rapid succession, and sent Majesta careening back in the opposite direction.

Struggling Majesta forced herself back into the air, Tasman was thankful he'd thought to get her and Gati fixed up at the pokemon centre before continuing his journey because just once of the Nidorino's intense attacks would have finished either of his team after their gym battle. Still, despite its strength and raw ability, Tasman was sure he could win… after all the Nidorino had just totally forgotten it was in a battle and had skewered a bag of chips with its horn attempting to shake the food into its mouth unsuccessfully. Gati was once again rolling around laughing and Tasman was staring at the pokemon in amazement, soon finding himself laughing along with his Buizel
    "Majesta, you might want to remind our friend what's going on Tasman didn't know why, but he'd just decided on a course of action – and thinking back to his battle with Majesta, he knew just how to do it... and considering the Nidorino's lack of intelligence he suspected it would probably be a fair bit easier.
    "Get its attention with Quick Attack!"

Majesta again smacked into the Nidorino, reminding it of the battle as it skid over the ground. Although the chip packet was still hanging from its head, it gazed menacingly at Majesta and ran at her, launching forward with a Poison Jab. Majesta flapped back, just barely out the way. Over and over the Nidorino tried to attack her, but every time she narrowly avoided him.
    "Majesta, fly towards the tree but don't get too far ahead of him!" the Pidgey angled towards the tree that had become a prop for the battle, allowing the Nidorino to stay just barely behind
    "Through the hole!" Majesta closed her wings and dived through the narrow hole in the trunk, Just as Tasman had expected the Nidorino jumped after her slamming head-first into the hole. However, unlike Majesta – whose species as "Tiny Bird Pokemon" for a reason, the Nidorino was far to large to get through the opening and lodged itself in the hole.
    "It must be nice to be on this end now!" Tasman called to Majesta, knowing he'd regret it later but unable to resist "lets help him out, Brave Bird!"

Majesta flapped up high for altitude as she circled back to be on the side of the hole without a horn sticking through it, then she closed her wings and hurtled towards the Nidorino as a red light blazed into being around her. Majesta sored into her target, widening the hole as she hit the Nidorino as sent it flying out the tree – following behind it with ease. The Nidorino hit the side of the canyon and rolled to the ground. Grinning Tasman grabbed a pokeball from the ground and thinking Why not? Tossed it at the purple pokemon, drawing it inside as it snapped shut and begun to shake on the ground.

jombii

Years

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

The Goomy Dilemma​

704.gif
    33.gif

Jordan decided that before he could proceed to Mt. Moon, his Goomy must be able to do a decent Dragonbreath. Yes, his body is aching to finally explore every nook and cranny of the famed mountain and yes, Goomy still has the move type advantage over the common wild Pokemon in the area like the Geodudes and the Sandshrews. However, he fears he doesn't have enough time after Mt. Moon before he took on the Cerulean City Gym. So the training must happen now.

Jordan is mulling over on how to proceed in teaching Goomy the move as he waits for the Nurse to return his Pokemon. He was now at the Center by the entrance to the mountain, a sanctuary for everybody who was exhausted by the amount of training people have done on the route. Jordan avoided any trainer battles at all, still thinking on how Goomy could be able to emit Dragonbreath.

"He is a dragon. Every breath of his should be a Dragonbreath," he told himself once. Apparently, that was not the case. While the Poison-type came naturally to a Pokemon such as Nido, Dragon-type attribute moves didn't come to Goomy as natural. In fact, the young Pokemon had a really hard time to understand how he would do the Dragonbreath. Everytime Jordan commanded him to do it, Goomy only released a stream, albeit a strong one, of Bubble. Maybe it's his youth.

"Goomy and Nidoran up now!" The Nurse called out. Jordan got up and claimed his Pokeballs. "You're Goomy seems pretty tired." The nurse said, stretching out the word 'tired' so it came out as tayerd.

"Well, I am trying to teach it Dragonbreath but luck seems to not be on my side," Jordan explained.

"I see. Well, I'm no trainer, so I can't help you with that. If your Pokemon ever get hurt again, just come visit me, kay?" Again, tureynar. Jordan nodded in agreement. He went back to his seat and called out his Goomy. It went out in a flash of light. He observed his Pokemon sliding back and forth, testing the slippery floor, thinking on how to proceed next.

"Man, you're tryin' to teach that Pokemon of yours Dragonbreath?" Jordan looked up and saw a man around his mid-thirties approach him. He is dark in color, his sideburns reaching down to his cropped beard. He wore a blue jacket and pants. Beside him, a Metagross floats. "Dragonbreath, right?"

"Yes."

"Would you like me to help you? I've had my encounter with Dragonbreath once long ago also. It's really hard so don't feel down if you can't succeed." The man smiled and offered his hand. "The name is Harawan Pommel but you can call me Haru." Jordan took his hand and shook. The man's grip was tight. Jordan observed many scratches on the hand.

"I'm Jordan Kaleel Jr. You can call me-"

"Jordan. All right. So do you accept my offer?" Haru smiled. Jordan had nothing to lose, except time, if this was futile, so he accepted.

"How will we teach my Goomy?" Jordan inquired. "You're not hoping to pit Metagross up against my Goomy, right?"

"Haha. Real funny, sonny," Haru said as he boot up the PC and started fiddling with some buttons. He placed a Pokeball in the transporter. "None of your Pokemon would have stood a chance. In fact, I think no one in this region would be able to stand up to me."

"That's good. I thought you would be making me battle that Metagross or any Pokemon of yours-"

A Pokeball appeared in the transporter with a ping. "You will be battling this," Haru smiled as he called a Goodra out. "And no, you will be teaching your Pokemon Dragonbreath. We'll just be battling." Goo looked at the Goodra interestingly. "Shall we go out?"

Jordan was dumbstruck. There is no possible way that his Goo will be able to withstand the attacks of the Goodra. "No way!"

"Think about this Jordan. I'm not here to show-off. If I'm here to just do that, I'll be off to that thing you called League in this region and crush them with everything I have. However, Goodra knows Dragonbreath. She evolves from Goomy. Watching Goodra use it might give Goomy the inspiration," Haru explained, his hands stroking the back of Goodra. The Pokemon seemed to be tickled by the action.

"But, why battle? Why not just show it to us?"

"Well, your Goomy needs to grow and it needs experience. It cannot gain anything if it doesn't battle, am I right?" Haru said. Jordan looked at his Goomy. His Pokemon is still fixated on the Goodra. Cautiously, he jumped towards the great Pokemon and sent out a stream of Bubble on the Goodra's feet.

"All right, let's go out."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Route 3
    Click!

Yes! The wild Skiddo was caught! Danica Chandler went to fetch the Pokéball keeping her calm, serious self, but inside of her she was jumping for you and squealing in happiness. With a smirk, she gazed at the Pokéball containing the small goat that was now in her hands. "I think I'll call you Harley." she said in an instictively deadpan tone, and put the Pokéball in one of her hoodie's pockets. If I'm going to catch more Pokémon, which I am, I'm going to need something more convenient to carry them. Having all Pokéballs scrambled in my pockets just won't do. I should probably get some case for my Badges, too. she thought.

Then it was time to check on Curtis, the Pokémon who had made her capture possible. She turned around to congratulate him, but what she saw made her heart beat with worry. The tired Ralts had collapsed on the rocky ground. She tried poking him, but he wouldn't response. Yikes. I'm gonna need to get to a Pokémon Center...and fast. she said to herself and sent Curtis back inside his Pokéball and put it away. She checked her Pokégear Map App to see where the nearest Pokémon Center was. There were two options: one was to return to Pewter City, which would take longer time to get to (and through) Mount Moon, and there was one... right outside it! But it was a longer distance. Without hesitation, she sprinted east, trying her best not to trip over any rock or get her feet tangled in tall grass.

Some wild Nidoran nearby sensed an odd presence, and one that was moving fast. Believing it to be a threat, they growled and charged at the blue-haired girl who was only dashing to get her Pokémon healed. The growls distracted the girl and she ended up tripping over and scraping her knees against the hard ground. She got back on her feet, only to find out that the reason she tripped over was far worse.

Even though many girls thought Nidoran were awfully cute and were awesome pets, Danica couldn't help but see them as horribly vicious monsters. And five of them were now running her way, with a blood-thristy (in her opinion) look in their eyes. She frantically searched for her new addition in her pocket, but in all nervousness, she fell on her back.

"EEEEEEK! HEEEEEEEELP!" she screamed.

jombii

Years

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Dragonbreath! Goomy Succeeds!​

704.gif
    33.gif

The two trainers stood facing each other in the clearing just situated next to the Pokemon Center. Jordan thought that this was built so that trainers could freely battle each other with the sanctuary of the Center just nearby before they try to conquer Mt. Moon. It was a nice touch and excellent foresight by whoever manages the Pokemon Center. Haru's Goodra stood tall opposite Jordan while the young man's Goomy kept on sliding back and forth.

"All right, this will be more successful I guess if I just asked my Goodra to attack using Dragonbreath, right?" Haru asked, a smile always playing on his lips. "I will give you the field."

Jordan nodded. He know it is futile to start trying to use Dragonbreath right away as Goomy proved to be incapable of the act. Either way, none of his attacks should be able to take down the Goodra in one-shot. "Goo, Protect!" The Goomy curled up in a ball and the ever-familiar barrier formed.

"Good! Just letting your Goomy watch, eh? Dragonbreath, Gon!" The Goodra nodded and, without moving an inch from its spot, fired a green beam at the barrier. It broke immediately like shattered glass, surprising both Goo and Jordan. "What, you never had a Protect broken before?"

"No," Jordan said. All these time, the barrier could hold for more than a few attacks before it disappeared into nothingness. This is the first time Jordan saw it to shatter. Goo was equally surprised.

"Well, nothing we can do about that. Gon, Dragonbreath again!" Haru ordered. Jordan told Goo to slide sideways, keeping him out of the attack's line of fire and still be in plain view of his Goomy.

"Bubble!" Goo sent out a stream of Bubbles towards Goodra, with an increased velocity than before. Jordan thought that battling a Pokemon of the same evolutionary line spurred Goo to give better efforts. His stream of bubble was met by a Dragonbreath by Gon again. The bubbles vaporized immediately. Gon did not stop attacking however. The Pokemon sent another Dragonbreath which hit Goomy straight-on and made it fly away.

"Jordan, your orders should not stop just because your attacks actually managed to hit," Haru advised. Jordan nodded in approval as he ordered Goo to evade the next stream of Dragonbreath. Despite lacking noticeable facial features, Jordan felt his Pokemon trying its best to observe the attack, wary of its power. He just was not quite sure if Goo understands he also possesses the capability to emit such attack. "Bubble!" Goo emitted another line of Bubble which was blasted by the Dragonbreath again. The cycle continued. Goo's Bubble would be decimated by the Dragonbreath and Jordan would order Goo to dodge the next Dragonbreath that always came. Goo was hit more often than not, though.

Haru seemed to be enjoying himself, watching the Goo dodge and emit the Bubble again and again. It only infuriated Jordan. Haru seemed to sense this as he turned to Jordan. "Your Pokemon is slowly learning how to do it." Jordan decided to break the cycle. "Goo! Tackle!" The attack took the Goodra by surprised as Goomy crashed into Goodra's legs. It didn't do much but it startled Goodra it sent out a Dragonbreath towards Goomy at such a close range.

"Goo!" Goo was flattened to the ground by attack. Haru, however, only continued smiling. "Goo! Are you okay?"

His Goomy stood up and shook off the attack. What it did next confused Jordan. It started sending out a stream of Bubble towards Goodra, but a stream of green light followed, blasting the Goodra. "That's it! Dragonbreath! Goomy that is Dragonbreath!" Haru excitedly said. Jordan only looked in confusion. "Jordan order your Pokemon!"

"Dragonbreath, Goo!" The Goomy once again emitted the stream of bubbles but there seemed to be more light in it now and more power. It hit Gon straight in the head which sent it reeling. "Dragonbreath!" Three times the charm. The Bubbles were gone as Goo puffed out the light from its mouth. "Successful, Jordan!"

Jordan could only look at his Pokemon. "Goo!" it cried out.

Oddball_

Years
  • Mount Mooon: Team Rocket strikes again!

Delta
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Delta had made a lot of headway into mount moon, but the endless onslaught of angry Pokémon was beginning to take it's toll on him and his team. Come on guys, it can't be much further. Delta murmured as he climbed over some rocks. He paused to catch his breath when he heard voices. Come on you useless grunts. The boss wants these fossils at the lab in Cinnabar by Monday. Meaning you'd better GET MOVING! A female voice barked. Delta peered around the corner and saw a young woman with fiery red hair standing in front of two men, all in the black uniforms of Team Rocket. Beside the woman was a black dog with bits of bone sticking out in places.

Houndoom. The dark dog Pokémon. Long ago people thought these eiery Pokemon to be the call of the Grim Reaper.

Delta frantically tried to cover the speaker of the device, but it was too late. What an appropriate description. The woman giggled as she spun aground to face Delta. I... was just leaving... Delta laughed nervously, annoyed that the Pokédex had gone off randomly. Oh, but I think Houndoom wants to play... The woman grinned as she nodded towards her Houndoom. Oh Shit... I'm not going to be able to Weavile my way out of this one... Uh... Okay... Fire type... should I go for Riley? Or Hope? or... Delta stood there thinking as the Woman with the Houndoom introduced herself. I am Blaze, one of the executives of Team Rocket. I've been tasked with extracting fossils and evolutionary stones from mount moon. My associates and I have been trying to clear the mountain of travelers like you for weeks now, but it seems that your like weeds that must be burned away. Now, here's a little lesson kid, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!
    A pokéball on Delta's belt snapped open and Char materialized next to Delta. Ooh... isn't that a rare specimen. Not only a Charmander, but a YELLOW one as well? I daresay that my boss will be very pleased when I present it as a gift. Delta gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. Flame burst NOW! Delta yelled pointing towards Blaze. Nice try. Blaze giggled as Houndoom leaped into the blast. That's the Flash Fire ability, when Houndoom gets hit by a fire type move it gets stronger. She explained. Delta frowned and felt his hand move towards Riley's Pokéball. No. Char can do this. If he could hold his own against a Pokémon league official, even if it was a minor one, he should be able to master a type disadvantage. Char suddenly lashed out at Houndoom with a scratch attack. The blow connected and left visible gashes in the bone armor. Ooh naughty! Houndoom, why don't you use crunch on that mean little Charmander? Blaze replied with a giggle. Dodge it and Retaliate with scratch! Delta roared as he watched the dark dog rush towards Char with fangs barred. Houndoom and Char collided and the two Pokémon squirmed around for a moment before Houndoom latching onto Char's left arm while Char smashing Houndoom in the face with a Dragon claw.

Char learned Dragon Claw!!

Nice trick kiddo, but I'm just getting fired up! Houndoom! Flame charge! Blaze ordered. The Houndoom engulfed itself in flame and sped towards Char. The impact shook the entire cavern and the flames leaped around the room, spinning and growing out of control, Char and Houndoom becoming an Inferno of flame. Suddenly a roar erupted from the center of the glob of fire and Houndoom flew out and smashed into the wall with a loud thud. The inferno continued to glow red hot for several seconds unroll the flames exploded showering the cave in red hot embers. In the place where the flames had been stood a yellow... Charmeleon?!

Congratulations! Your Char evolved into Charmeleon!

Oh... you fight with a ferocity that few have! Blaze giggled slowly clapping. Now! Houndoom! Use Crunch! Blaze ordered, her eyes burning with excitement. Use your new Dragon Claw technique! Delta exclaimed watching in awe as the newly evolved Pokémon moved with even more grace than before. The two Pokémon once again caught each other with their attacks and both seemed unfazed by the attacks of the other. You know, it would appear that Charmeleon had not only absorbed the energy from the fire and sped up its evolution, but it seems to have heated up its internal flame, which in turn has made it stronger all around. Using your opponents attacks to better yourself, you are a clever one... Blaze giggled as she watched Houndoom and Char collide again. Ma'am we've got trouble down below. The bosses want you to go deal with... It would seem that I've got grown-up work to do. Houndoom return! Blaze called pulling out a black and white Pokémon with a red R on it. I advise you stay out of our affairs kid, my boss is much stronger that me, and half as nice. The fiery haired girl called as she followed the two grunts through the cave. Delta stood standing still for a long moment. To his right was the path out of mount moon and towards Cerulean and the Cascade badge, but to his left was an unknown number of Team Rocket members who were probably up to no good...
    Delta stood for another moment pondering which way he was to go.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Mount Moon - A rocket war and a fiery trouble​

"Attack!" Was what both sides heard. As both sides commanded, lots of Pokemon charged to fight ours.

"Croconaw Water Pulse! Pidgeotto Wing Attack! Cacnea Drain Punch! Kadabra Confusion! Beedrill Poison Sting! Raticate Hyper Fang!" Gary Clark gave his orders.

"Bubbles Bubblebeam! Sludges use Sludge Bomb! Leaf go for a Razor Leaf, because we dont have time to charge!" I ordered.

When our side's Pokemon heard the orders, they striked in. The destruction between the sides was so big that even made the upper floors shake. Shadow and Snake were simply watching the battle.

Some time later, our side had defeated the grunts easily.

"So this means that Team Rocket is completely useless." Says G. Clark.

"You can't beat guys with 1 badge, you don't beat no one!" I said. G. Clark then shows me the Cascade Badge. "How did you got it?" I asked.

"Stop the chit-chat! Lets see how you go against us!" Said Shadow calling his Fearow, Haunter, Dodrio, Duskull, Shuppet and Mightyena.

"Lets fight like man!" Said Snake calling Onix, Arbok, Seviper, Ekans, Dratini and Golbat while challenging G. Clark. So i fight Shadow... I am so screwed... "This is for putting 5 of our grunts into deep sleep!"

"Don't forget me!" Said a female voice.

"Blaze?" Said Shadow and Snake at same time.

"Pfffft... You are 2! You can't take on this kids? I was about to defeat another one!" She yelled. The Houndoom growled.

"Blaze, you can't talk to us like that, Or else Boss..." Said Shadow.

"Yeah i know, will do me the same thing he done to the woman years ago for ditching Team Rocket. I KNOW!" She yelled.

"Let's get back to the fight!" I shouted.

"Let me finish this Shadow..." She said. "Houndoom Dark Pulse!" She commanded.

As the pulse hits G. Clark's Pokemon, my pokemon had succeed to escape... Great now i was really screwed!

"See Shadow... Its easier when we have the same traget... Houndoom use Flamethrower on the kid!" She yelled. The Flamethrower almost hit me but it had hit Leaf. Leaf was down of course... I retrieve him.

"Hehehehe... Onix use Rock Throw!" Commanded Snake. The Rocks had hit Sludges... Only Bubbles was up... i retrieve Sludges...

"How about 13 pokemon vs a Poliwhirl?" Said Shadow... I need help immediately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon - Pokémon Centre]

Damien Welters
    008.png
    056.png
    023MS.png

Damien rolled over in his bed, nearly stumbling out of it on to the ground. "Hmmmm...." He mumbled, stretching out his limbs, and slowly opening his eyes. He certainly had a good nap, and surprisingly, he felt like he had some energy in him. Lying down for a few more seconds, he jumped out of bed, and grabbed his bag that sat on the floor next to it. Alright, I better get those buggers and get on my way. He fixed up his bed sheet before leaving, and headed out the door on his way downstairs to the main lobby. "Nurse? Are my Pokémon Ready?" He asked loudly, while approaching the counter. The nurse nodded and smiled, and pulled out a tray with three Pokéballs on them.

"They seemed to have been a bit worn out. They are great now, but be careful not to exhaust them." She said. Damien just nodded, as he grabbed the Pokéballs and attached them to his belt. He thanked and nodded at the nurse as he turned around, exiting the Pokémon Centre, and on his way back to Mt. Moon. "Alright...Mt. Moon, and then comes Cerulean City. The next Gym battle..." He muttered to himself, and started to walk. However, he stopped dead in his tracks, once he heard odd noises coming from the side of the Pokémon Centre. As he approached, he saw that the land flattened, and made a large clearing, almost field-like. There, Damien saw two trainers battling, with very odd looking Pokémon. "What are those...?" He muttered, taking out his Pokédex.

Goomy, The Soft Tissue Pokémon. It's membrane is covered in a slimy goo, that makes punched and kicks slide off its body harmlessly. The voice from the Pokédex spoke. Damien then held it up against the other Pokémon. Goodra, The Dragon Pokémon, and final evolved form of Goomy. It attacks with retractable horns, and It can throw a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers. Damien looked up at the Goodra and stared in awe. "Dang, that's one tough looking Pokémon. I don't think they are native to Kanto either." He mumbled to himself. It was a bit obvious who was going to win the match, not to mention the Goodra was a fairly big Pokémon otherwise. Damien watched from a somewhat close distance, to get a good view of the Pokémon. The trainer's Goomy went for a tackle, and the Goodra retaliated with some sort of breath attack that knocked Goomy backwards into the ground. It certainly looked like to Damien that the trainer seemed to be over his head. However, that changed once he saw the trainer command his Goomy to attack with a breath attack of his own.

"Dragonbreath, Goo!" The Goomy puffed up and shot out a stream of light and bubbles, knocking the Goodra down with a direct attack to its head. Wow...that actually wasn't that bad... Damien watched in admiration, trying to make mental notes in his head while he watched the battle.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• 015.png
    013.png

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Pokemon Center → Pewter Gym
    Time: Early Afternoon

After the call with Enzo, Anselme made his way to a local bar where he made an effort to drink his stress away with the bit of money he had in his wallet. He spent a good amount of his wallet's meager contents with little success before deciding it was more trouble than it was worth and simply heading to a room in the pokemon center where he lied in bed listening to music until the relaxing tones and slight drunkenness brought him the peace of unconsciousness.

The next morning Anselme woke very glad that he decided not to get hammered the previous night, and after some aspirin and a few glasses of water he got to work figuring out where the nearest port was. Pay day wasn't too long ago, so he was pretty sure he would have enough in savings for a ship back home. Hopefully.

Looking at the map on his Pokegear, he found that he had two choices. Pallet Town was the closer of the two, but it meant having to travel through that damned forest again. The little information blurb on the screen when he clicked the forest kindly informed him that all those bugs he saw crawling around last time he was there were actually poisonous. Fun. After that, he would just have to pass through Viridian City and a Route before he made it to the dinky little town of Pallet. Alternatively, he could go to Vermillion City, which was farther by one city than Pallet was, although there was apparently an underground passage that could take him there straight from Celadon. All it took was going through a dark cave system inside a huge mountain, probably full of bats and things. The map told him it was a popular place for meteors to crash.

After some consideration, he decided dark cave where he might find rocks people would pay for beat going through a forest full of poisonous bugs and bad memories. Pallet being a bit closer wasn't worth that. And so, with the decision made, Anselme headed for Route 3 to begin his journey home. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like things would go so smoothly. Once he got there he found a policewoman, the same one from yesterday, in fact, standing in front of several other people. It looked like she was blocking the Route. He really hoped she wasn't.

Anselme stepped closer to hear what she was saying. "-too dangerous. We've been receiving several reports of theft and even assault, and they've all described the culprits as individuals calling themselves 'Team Rocket'. Fortunately, the majority of them don't seem to be too skilled at handling pokemon, so I imagine a skilled trainer should be able to get through safely. I'd be willing to let you through if you have at least a Boulder Badge." At that, the people in front of her either showed her a badge case, or they went on their way. Of course, Anselme didn't have the badge, and he wasn't too fond of the idea of negotiating with her, so he went on his way as well. Before he left, though, he was sure he saw the woman glare at him. Well, he didn't really care what she thought. He didn't plan on getting involved with the police much anyway.

So Mt. Moon was a bust, leaving that god forsaken forest as his only option. Reluctantly making his way there, he happened to pass by an electronics store with TVs in the window playing the news. They told of there being reports yesterday of abnormally aggressive Pikachu roaming the forest in hordes. Well goody, so he could get poisoned and electrocuted! Yeah, no. He'd only been in Kanto for a day, and he was already starting to hate it. So was he stuck then? Well, the condition for getting into Route 3 was having a Boulder Badge. Maybe beating this Brock guy wouldn't be too hard with Enzo's Beedrill. It couldn't be as bad as the forest. With that, he headed off to the gym, upset that things were getting so troublesome.

The gym was apparently supposed to close early today, but Anselme managed to get in before then. After being told to put out his cigarette and sitting in the waiting room for what felt like ages he was finally invited into the battlefield. Apparently there were bleachers he could have been watching other people's battles from, but it had been a stressful day so far and he felt the need to just sit back and relax a bit.

A man Anselme could only assume was Brock stood across from him on the other side of a field Anselme had seen several times on TV; an official pokemon battle field. The guy looked younger than him, maybe somewhere around 20, and he was really squinty for no apparent reason. Maybe his eyes were really bad and he was too lazy to get glasses. Either way, when Anselme entered the room, Brock gave a confident grin. "Welcome, challenger. I hope you know the gym closes early today. I plan on heading to Mt. Moon later today to dig for some fossils. That means that if you lose, you'll probably have to wait until tomorrow for a rematch. Just a heads-up." Well that was good and all, but Anselme probably wasn't going to bother with a rematch if he lost. If Brock ended up being super strong, he wouldn't want to bother with the stupid badge. "So how many badges and pokemon do you have?"

"None, and 2." Anselme answered concisely. Hopefully this would be over quickly so he could get back to what really mattered. Unfortunately for him, as soon as he thought that Brock's cellphone rang. Brock raised a finger telling Anselme to wait a minute before turning to answer it. Anselme groaned, but still tried to listen to the one-sided conversation.

"Hey, it's been a while! You don't usually call to make small talk, so what's up?" Shouldn't you tell them "this is a bad time" or something? thought Anselme as Brock answered the phone. "Really?" Brock glanced over at Anselme, which gave the latter a really bad feeling. He prayed that he was wrong about the person he now thought was on the other side of conversation. "Well I definitely have to see that. Are you sure, though? ...Hmm… Makes sense." Brock couldn't help but glance at Anselme once more, deepening the man's sinking feeling. "Well alright then. But one more thing. How did you know? ...Uh-huh… Isn't that kind of… Yeah, I guess that's true."

The longer the conversation went on, the more restless Anselme got until he was just about ready to leave. Finally, Brock said his goodbyes and hung up. "That was Enzo, wasn't it?" asked Anselme matter-of-factly. Brock smiled and nodded. Anselme clenched his fist, his face slowly filling with rage. "He's got some of his pokemon stalking me or something, doesn't he?"

This time Brock was hesitant to answer. "I wouldn't really say 'stalking', rather-"

"I'll take that as a yes," Anselme interrupted, noticeably angry now. "Screw the gym battle, that bastard needs to give me some answers!" Anselme didn't bother to hide his emotions. He pulled out the Pokegear and quickly redailed the one number the phone had called.

Enzo picked up fairly quickly, answering with a cheerful, "Hey, bro! What's up?" like he usually did.

""What's up" my ass! So now I can add stalking to your list of actual, illegal crimes against me? Can't you just leave me the hell alone for once in your life?" Anselme was seething, gripping the pokegear as if he were trying to break it.

There was a sigh on the other end. "Don't think of them as stalkers or even as security cameras. They're more like bodyguards." Anselme was about to interrupt with another rant, but Enzo cut him off with a stern, raised voice. It seemed like this wasn't something he wanted to argue about. "There are dangerous people in Kanto right now. Usually, a trainer can use their pokemon to protect them from danger, but right now you have no idea how to use yours. Until I feel like you can properly protect yourself with your pokemon, I refuse to have mine leave your side. You didn't even know they were there, so you can be sure they won't interfere with your affairs unless absolutely necessary."

"Then why bring me to a place like this, huh? There are plenty of other regions you could have picked for your stupid adventure plan, so why this one?"

"Because trainers will almost always encounter danger in their travels, whether that be berserk pokemon or highwaymen, and they need to know how to defend themselves. I would have done the same for any other region, but I took you to Kanto on the hope that if you do get skilled enough for me to call my pokemon back, you could do something to help them. Right now they need strong pokemon trainers to stop this threat from spreading. The military won't show up unless it's absolutely necessary, and the police can't be everywhere. They need Trainers."

Anselme grumbled for a bit, then gave a sigh of his own. "Well that's not my problem. But if these dangerous people are that serious, I guess I can live with your stalker pokemon being around, as long as they don't bug me." It sounded like Enzo was going to thank him for understanding or something like that, but Anselme simply hung up on him. Then he turned back to Brock and asked him, "So what did he call you about then?" He'd calmed down a bit, but was still very irritable so regardless of the rules in the gym he pulled out a cigarette. Brock didn't stop him.

It look like Brock needed a moment to take in the entire situation, but he was back to his calm, confident self fairly quickly. "He wanted to let me know my next challenger was his brother, equipped with the child of two of the pokemon he used to beat my strongest team when he was here, and that I shouldn't hold back even though you're a newbie. It's not because he thinks you're a prodigy or anything, though. He just thinks you're underestimating pokemon battling. We'll see if that's true once the battle starts."

With that, Brock finally pulled out a pokeball, signaling the beginning of the battle.

Last edited:

jombii

Years

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Storytelling! Enter the Mountain!​

704.gif
    33.gif

Jordan continued to battle Haru and his Goodra. Despite Goomy learning the move Dragonbreath, it was still a long journey ahead both of them before they could defeat Haru. After actually managing to show Goo how to the Dragon-type move, Haru unleashed his Goodra's full potential. He was just playing with them before.

"What I'm doing right now is showing you how amazing a Pokemon a Goodra is," Haru shouted over the battle. Goodra easily sidestepped a Dragonbreath Goo seemed to be fond of using now. Goodra whipped Goo with its antenna, knocking the Goomy away. However, Jordan's Pokemon seemed to be full of confidence. It stood up again. "Take your time in training your Goomy. I see a lot more potential in yours than mine. Dragon Pulse!" Goodra paused and released a huge beam of bluish-light that hit Goomy again. However, Jordan managed to order Goomy to put up the protect before the attack even hit.

The barrier shattered once more and the onslaught of attacks never faltered from Goodra and Haru. The man only seemed to smile at Jordan, secretly laughing at how he was faring, while Goodra seemed to know what the best thing to do at a given time.

Another Power Whip sent Goomy flying. Goodra jumped up and blasted Goomy downwards with a Dragon Pulse, shattering another Protect. "Stop it now, Goodra." Haru ordered. The Goodra landed and sat on the ground near Goomy. Despite the amount of attacks the Goodra sent, the damage seemed to be minimal.

"Goo! Return!" Jordan called his Goomy back. The Pokemon was in no immediate danger, he knew that. Despite giving his full power, Haru's Goodra was still not to knock Goomy down. "You held back?"

"Oh no, I didn't. Believe me," Haru said, recalling his Goodra back. "That was the full extent of Goodra's capabilities. You see," Haru approached Jordan. "Goodra is not an offensive Pokemon. Their species was made to withstand great special attacks and shrug it off like it is nothing. That's why neither one of us actually managed to damage the other that much." Jordan nodded. He looked around and saw some people watching them and going away once the two were finished. He noticed a wall of a boy, around six-foot in height and very bulky, watching the two battle.

"You go train your Goomy and you have a special wall. Do you have any other Pokemon with you?" Haru asked once they were inside the Pokemon Center once again. Both him and Jorda handed their Pokeballs to the nurse and waited until they were called on the benches.

"I've caught a Nidorino. I'm actually planning to evolve it immediately once I get myself a Moon Stone," Jordan said. He felt like a kid, listening to a teacher once again.

"Hmm... A Nidoking eh? I guess that could complement your lack of offensive power in your team. However, I suggest that you catch another Pokemon, here or inside the mountain. It will never hurt," Haru advised. He listed down all Pokemon he had encountered in his journey. Which ones are easy to train, which ones are hard, which ones are not worth anything, and which ones are so good it is a must have. "But it all boils down to what you want to do, actually."

"Pommel and Kaleel. Your Pokemon are ready!" Haru and Jordan approached the nurse and retrieved their Pokemon.

"Thank you, Haru. The battle and the lessons meant a lot to me," Jordan said, graciously. Haru offered him a hand.

"Nothing a better trainer to do to the newer ones. I'll see you sometime again and I hope that it will be in a good battle," Haru said. "I'm off to Pewter City." He waved his hand and got out the door.

Jordan himself is giddy with excitement as he followed out. He saw Haru mounting a Rapidash and dashing off into Route 3, the route Jordan just previously conquered. In a few seconds, Haru turned the corner and was gone.

The entrance to the mountain was just beside the center. It is a huge gaping cave and Jordan could see that it was dark as you went farther in. However, he knew trainers milled about the mountain so it would be safe for him to proceed.

"Let's go."

Years
  • 8RsK8Hk.png
    Tasman Bailey
    Sometimes Lightning Strikes Twice
    418.png
    016.png
    033.png

The ball shook on the ground

Once…
    Twice…
    Three times…

On the third and final shake, the ball let out a light pinging noise before falling still. Tasman picked up the pokeball and looked curiously at it, for the second time on his journey he had tried and succeeded to capture a pokemon and for the second time he found himself puzzling over how the device worked. Tasman continued studying the ball for several minutes before he felt something tugging at his leg, Gati was gesturing at the ball whilst Majesta called irritably at Tasman.
    Oh yeah…

Tasman spent the next little while examining Majesta before spraying her with potion and feeding her an oran berry for good measure. The medicine seemed to provide instant relief to his pokemon – something he was glad for. Then he braced himself, remembering how violently Majesta had reacted upon first being released from her pokeball, and let out his new Nidorino.
    "Nido!" the pinkish, purple creature exclaimed, tilting its head at Tasman in much the same way his new trainer had looked at the pokeball. The Nidorino continued to look at Tasman for a short while before, much to his surprise, shrugging and returning to trying to eat from the bag of chips it had skewered.

As the pokemon started eating, Majesta screeched loudly and dived for it again. Tasman sighed, returning his Pidgey before she could do further harm to their new companion.
    "We'll have to deal with your possessiveness later" he said to himself, returning Majesta's ball to his ransacked bag and then walking over to the feasting poison-type with another potion. Tasman stroked the pokemon's side, slightly weary at first, but it soon became clear that the Nidorino was not even remotely perturbed over… well anything. He let Tasman heal him, not even looking up as he continued searching for more food. It seemed as though the only thing the pokemon was even remotely interested in, was filling its belly.

"Gati, help me pack everything up before our new friend forces me to go back to Pewter for more supplies. I want to reach Mt. Moon before the end of the day."
    "Bui-" the orange-furred pokemon chimed and the two began recollecting Tasman's possessions from where they lay strewn about, rushing to ensure that they saved as much food from the mouth of the hungry pokemon as they could. It took nearly ten minutes to make sure they found everything Tasman had with him, slightly longer than it might have had they not frequently had to dive for food in order to save it from the Nidorino. Once everything was sorted, Tasman sat leaning against the bag whilst Gati seemed to chatter with the surprisingly cheery Nidorino.
    It's funny really, you always hear that Nidorino are aggressive pokemon but if individual members of the species are your only example you'd think that they were all quite friendly, albeit food-obsessed, and it was Pidgey who were dangerous and aggressive. Actually… a story about a misunderstood Nidorino would be great! Tasman proceeded to pull out his notepad and jot down notes and ideas for his next story, it was only when he had come up with names for several characters that he realised he had yet to actually name his own Nidorino.
    "Hey" he found himself saying, both Gati and his newest pokemon turning around to him "If you're going to travel with us, I need something to call you. I'm not going to be one of those trainers who doesn't differentiate you from the rest of your species at all. Hmm…"

Tasman spent the next little while racking his brains and rattling off names to Gati and the Nidorino – he'd have included Majesta but he wasn't totally sure if that would be safe just yet. The two pokemon would frequently shake their heads.
    I could name him Henry like the character for my story… but that isn't right because his situation is nothing like that. He's a bit of a glutton… maybe Royal. That relates to Henry and the king was certainly a greedy man… but Royal doesn't seem to fit his nature at all… he needs a simple but strong name, nothing too scary though. Tasman reflected for a bit longer when inspiration hit him
    "I know! I think you're a Lance!" both Gati and the Nidorino, now Lance, cheered at the name.

With a name decided, Tasman retrieved his pokedex and proceeded to scan Lance to discover his moves and ability. As it turned out, not only was Lance powerful but he knew more moves than Gati and Majesta with Poison Jab, Double Kick, Horn Attack, Dig and Toxic Spikes. Fittingly enough, his ability was Poison Point. Tasman sat there for a while longer, chatting to his pokemon and considering what he'd just learned when a loud noise silenced the group. Not far away another enormous pillar of electricity had burst into existence with a loud crack before abruptly disappearing. Forgetting his train of thought, Tasman grabbed his bag an ran towards where the lightning had struck with his pokemon at his heels.

Back