• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon]

Damien Welters
    008.png
    056.png
    023MS.png

Damien sat down, almost finishing his lunch. It was a simple sandwich that contained a chocolate spread with Oran Berry jam, and it definitely filled his stomach. As he finished it up, he yawned was nearly getting ready to take a nap. It wasn't so much that he was tired, but he just wanted to make sure that he had enough energy for the long walk to Mt. Moon. Man, catching Pokémon sure tuckers a person out... He yawned once again as he leaned back against the tree. He still couldn't get his gym battle out of his head, and although he would never admit, slightly worried about his next gym battle in Cerulean City. I know next to nothing about the Gym Leader there... He looked at his belt that held three Pokéballs, and his Pokémon. His Wartortle was probably his most defensive out of the three, and Lin, his Mankey was incredibly quick and was able to strike swiftly. He then looked at Bella, his newly captured Ekans. He wasn't sure what her capabilities were, but from the battle with her, it was clear that she had a little bit of everything, with an tiny bit of emphasis in attack power. Ehh, I'll think of some sort of strategy. I'e got time before Cerulean, that's for sure. He put his head back against the tree, resting and closed his eyes trying to take a quick snooze. However, it was all put to a halt when the voice of a random person interrupted his quiet time.

"Yo trainer! Help me! We have a whole horde chasing us!" Damien looked to the side, beyond a few trees towards the normal path that trainer were supposed to take, and saw two young men around Damien's age, sending out their Pokémon. A horde? Damien looked harder and noticed it was the same boy from the museum when he was talking to the girl. He let out a sigh, as he slowly got up and walked towards the two young men, and then looked down the path and saw numerous Raticate running towards.

"Oh what the - ?!" Damien exclaimed. He quickly tried to grab on of his Pokéballs, but the jitteriness from his fingers made the Pokéball fall off and stumble on to the ground. He let out a grunt of frustration, quickly picking it up and throwing it in the air, letting out Bella, his Ekans. "Bella, use Acid!" Damien shouted, as Bella hissed at the approaching Raticate horde, and opened its mouth shooting out a purple liquid that sprayed some of the Raticate, causing them to stop and cry out in pain. "Go, do something!" Damien shouted at the two boys.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Route 3: I Shinx it's time for a battle!

Delta
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Route 3 was a twisting road that led from Pewter city to the cavernous entrance of mount moon. Leaving the pavement behind him Delta was hiking through the uphill, rocky terrain, waiting to see what kind of mischief he could get into next...

Delta had reached one of the many flat stretches of Route 3, this one even included a patch of grassy foliage. Acording to the Habitat list, some pretty awesome Pokemon live around here. Delta mumbled to himself as he scrolled through his Pokédex. "Char!" The lizard Pokemon replied grinning. Delta laughed as he realized that Char was trying to express it's wish to battle some of said Pokemon and grow stronger. Aparently her tie with geodude earlier that morning had gotten to her. Well as some famous guy once said, there's no time like the present. Delta replied spotting a blue outline in the bushes to his left. He pulled out his Pokédex which bleeped and said: Shinx the flash Pokemon: The extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity. It glows when in trouble. Okay then! Char Scratch attack! Delta cried pointing towards the wild Shinx. "Shinx?!" Shinx replied leaping into the air to avoid Char's claws. Now that it's away from the grass use Ember! Delta remarked remembering the unfortunate incident in Veridian forrest. Shinx began charging power from the static in the air around herself. Char spat a glob of fiery spit towards the charging Pokemon, who had no choice but to take the attack. "Shiii" The pokemon cringed as it finished charging. The little blue Pokemon pointed its tail towards Char and let loose a blast of blue static. The blast of lightning smacked Char square in the chest and the little lizard Pokemon was pushed back a few feet by the blast. Char! Retaliate with ember! Delta commanded, his voice calm and steady, effectively masking his concern in order to not distract his Pokemon. Char nodded and let out another round of fiery saliva. Shinx was expecting it this time and used quick attack to dodge. Seeing that the Pokemon were evenly matched Delta began to shake with excitement as the two Pokemon continued slowly wearing each other down with Thundershock and Ember respectively.

It was about a quarter till noon and both Pokemon were showing signs of fatigue. Wild Pokemon had gathered around to watch as Shinx and Charmander continued to duke it out. Char! Use scratch! Delta cried out suddenly breaking the Thundershock, Ember chain. Char rushed forward and swung its claws in for a physical attack and connected with the wild Shinx. The wild Pokemon shuddered and fell onto a knee before struggling to climb back up. One more scratch attack Char! Delta said slowly as if unable to believe that it was almost over. Char quickly swiped at Shinx again and the blue Pokemon collapsed to the ground, defeated. Delta looked at Char, who nodded with approval before pitching a red and white sphere like object towards the barely conscious Shinx. The Pokéball popped open and engulfed Shinx in a brilliant red light before landing on the ground and shaking
    once...
    twice...
    three times...
    and...

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Route 3 - Razor Wind to the win​

The boy told me to fight. I was ready but then i saw Gary Clark with a pokeball on the hand.

"I got the pokemon i wanted..." Said Gary Clark. "Gotta go! Kadabra use Teleport!" He vanished.

"Oh that son of a b****!" The Raticates looked to me and started to center their attack on me. Bubbles appeared in front of me and used Bubblebeam. It knocked out some of them.

Then Sludges came in and used Poison Gas. Then he used Sludge Bomb. Some Raticate cried because it was stinking.

Leaf was really concentrated. Then he jumped. "Leaf use Razor Wind!" Leaf used his attack, knocking out a lot of the Raticates. "Good job!"

I turned around. I talk to the boy. "Hey there. You are the guy from the museum. Sorry if i made you mad. We started with the wrong way. By the way, my name is Gelius."

Bubbles and Sludges continued to fight. Leaf needed a rest so i called him back. I remembered that G. Clark left and i didn't got my skateboard back.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Pewter Gym
    Rock It!

"Curtis, use Double Team!"

"Onix, Sandstorm!"

It looked like the first round was a strictly defensive one. Danica's Pokémon created several illusory copies of himself, while the giant snake summoned a sandstorm on the battlefield. Tch, well played, Brock... While Double Team may make him more likely to miss... it will be useless against that sandstorm! Danica thought, I have to strike now! Now, Onix is a Rock/Ground type, so... She smirked, her mind having found the perfect move for her Pokémon to use.

"Curtis, Magical Leaf!" Danica commanded.

"Onix, Rock Polish!" the Gym leader said.

Curtis summoned leafs glowing with a magical aura and sent them all towards the Onix, which just... polished itself. Danica chuckled, as the attack technically would do queadruple damage, yet the snake... stood its ground. It had somehow managed to endure the super-duper-effective hit, and how its rock body looked shinier and lighter.

"What?!" Danica screamed, "Curtis, finish it already with another Magical Leaf!"

"Onix, Dig!"

And before Curtis could launch his attack, Brock's Onix moved at an amazing speed and burrowed under the ground, making the normally accurate Magical Leaf miss. Danica had clearly underestimated Brock, and the Leader hadn't been just trying to intimidate her when they began the battle. It was getting way harder than what she had imagined. Her serious expression changed. She bit her lip, and Brock could see her uneasiness from the other side of the field. Curtis continued to get hit by the seemingly never-ending sandstorm, while awaiting Onix's attack from below.

"Now, strike!" Brock commanded, and from below the Ralts the ground began to shake. Danica could tell that Onix was directly under Ralts, the sandstorm making it easier for the Rock-type Pokémon to tell its foe apart from the copies.

"Curtis, quick, Teleport!"

Just before Onix could strike, Ralts began to glow blue and teleported out of the way, to the other side of the battlefield. Brock smirked. This girl is hasty... but she is not completely clueless after all.

"Wow, you're good! I tried to go easy on you, but I guess I've been underestimating you." he said, "Time to go all out now! Come on!"

"Humph. Curtis, Magical Leaf, again!"

"Onix, Rock Slide! Then Dig!"

With its sharply-increased Speed, Onix made a lot of rocks fall from the ceiling all over the battlefield, destroying all Double Team copies of Curtis and making him flinch. Then it dug yet another hole in the ground. Gah, it's too fast... I need to strike as soon as it comes out from underground! Then the ground once again shook below Danica's Pokémon in anticipation. "Curtis, stand your ground! Wait for him to come out!" The ground shook more violently and the Ralts began to get scared. The ground soon made way for the giant snake that came to strike from underneath. "Now, Magical Leaf!"

The Grass-typed attack hit Onix right in the head. Curtis flew across the battlefield and landed roughly on the floor. The sandstorm was still going on strong and it was hurting him badly, and Dig had brought his energy to its minimum. The poor little white Pokémon could probably not last much longer in battle.

"Impressive, miss Danica. Truly impressive." Brock said calmly, "You sure know what moves to sue to counter my Pokémon. But typing ain't all that matters in Pokémon battles." Danica remained silent. "You see, Sandstorm not only hits all Pokémon that aren't Rock, ground or Steel-type. As an added bonus, it boosts the unaffected Pokémon's defenses."

Well, that explains why that Onix is still able to battle after taking two Magical Leaf attacks. Danica thought, And Curtis isn't that good enduring physical attacks... I'm surprised it's still able to hold its ground.

"Okay, Onix, enough. Time to finish things off! Onix, use Rock Tomb!"

"Curtis, Teleport!"

More giant rocks dropped from above, ready to trap the exhausted Ralts under them. Upon colliding with the ground, a cloud of dust was formed around the battlefield. Brock smirked, considering that Ralts was buried under that rubble and was unable to keep battling. However, to his surprise, he saw that Ralts had managed to teleport away just in the nick of time. Danica sighed in relief, but know that the Psychic Pokémon was too tired to pull that trick again.

"Onix, Bind!"

The snake made its way to the Ralts and wrapped its gigantic body around hi, squeezing what little energy he had left. Danica bit her lip again as her heart pounded with worry and anxiety. Come on, Curtis, you can endure it a little more... she thought, Just hold on until...

It appeared that Danica had been cooking up a plan in silence. True, with that Sandstorm, that Onix was sure capable of taking many powerful hits and holding its ground in battle. But she knew something. Sandstorm only lasted for a while, and it was beginning to die down. And with Onix all wrapped around her Ralts, she knew that her next attack could possibly give her the victory. SO, as soon as the sandstorm subsided, the blue-haired girl shouted out her next command.

"CURTIS, MAGICAL LEAF, NOW!"

Curtis used all the energy he had left to attack Onix with the barrage of leaves. The giant snake was forced to let go of the poor little Pokémon, which collpased on the ground on his knees and struggled to stay standing. Brock's Pokémon began to struggle as well, and one of those Pokémon would go down any minute. Whoever was able to drop last would be the winner. But who would it be? Would it be the Gym Leader who got the victory? Or would Danica Chandler earn her first Badge? Tune in for the next episode!

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Devin and Keia
    Pewter City - Viridian Forest
    "Unexpected Outcomes"

Keia held her breath, her heart pounding in her ears. Only a moment passed before the ball went still. She let out a short sigh of relief as she darted forward to pick it up before anything else could happen. Harley trotted over to her with her head held high and tail flagged. It wasn't their first battle, but it was the first time they'd caught a new team member together. Keia grinned and wrapped both arms around her neck.​

"We did it! I hope it's not too mad at us for having to scorch it like that."

Of course the equine Pokemon didn't have a flawless understanding of human speech, but she understood the gist of what Keia was saying. Her ears twitched and she extended her neck cautiously toward the device that encapsulated her new… brother? Sister?

As the thought occurred to Keia she wished she knew how to sex this particular species. Grass types were usually fairly easy. If they were a flowering species she would just look for the gender differences in the anatomy of the blossom itself. Creatures like this mushroom probably had some kind of spore depositor, but as it was the Pokemon was burnt, angry, and she honestly wasn't too sure if it was supposed to look like a mushroom or not. It was probably better to leave it up to the nurses at the Pokemon Center. Coincidentally, that was going to be her first stop.

"Think you can behave if I leave you out?" She regarded Harley with raised eyebrows. "No running off, no setting things on fire. You can play and graze and sniff, but if I call you, you'd better come or you're going back in the ball."

Harley snorted and chose to act like she hadn't heard a word, instead meandering ahead with her nose in the grass. But Keia was confident that the mare had understood and she started down the path back toward Pewter City with the ball in her hand. It was now slightly heavier and had a warmth to it that it hadn't possessed when empty. Of course she was familiar with this, being that Harley also had a ball. But this Pokemon hadn't been a gift. It hadn't been handed to her by someone with more experience than she had. It had been sought out, fought, and captured by her. It belonged solely to her and no one else, and that was an amazing feeling.

"What do I name you?" she wondered aloud as the canopy of trees thinned out. "We've established that you look like a mushroom. Even if you aren't a mushroom, or if you aren't supposed to be one, that's going to be the basis of your name."

Could it hear her through the ball? The question occurred to her but she kept talking as though it was not a problem. "Magic is unisex, and it's cute. So… that's your name."

And the ball, as predicted, did not react. Harley stayed close enough to Keia's side in the forest that she decided to reward her by letting her walk next to her. As long as Harley understood that she couldn't run off whenever she wanted Keia would be glad for the chance to spend time with her partner. She whistled to beckon her closer as they neared the red roofed building and rested a hand on the creamy fur of her neck when she came to walk an arm's length away from her, as she'd been taught. The automatic doors parted for them and Keia approached the desk with some measure of shyness. Why did the nurses always have to be cute? This one of course wasn't much different than her colleagues with her red hair and delicate features, but it was the big blue eyes that left Keia helpless. She gave a breathless smile and cleared her throat.

"Good afternoon! How can I be of assistance today?" The nurse smiled wide and batted her eyelashes. Again Keia had to clear her throat as Harley looked on with vaguely exasperated amusement.

"Hi. I, uhm… I need my Pokemon healed."

The nurse placed a tray with six slots for Pokeballs on the counter. "Alrighty then! Let me see them and I'll have them right back to you. Would you mind filling out a short form for our records?"

Of course Keia didn't mind. She wouldn't mind doing anything she asked. She shook her head too quickly and did her best to keep her hands sure and steady as she recalled Harley and placed both of her Pokeballs on the tray. "Sure thing. I mean… yes ma'am. I will."

Sure thing? Nerd alert. Her cheeks burned and she was glad for the chance to pull herself together as the nurse turned away to heal her Pokemon. She filled out the form with sharp, untidy lettering.

Owner name? Keia MacBeth. Gender? Female. Age? 27. Occupation? Trainer.

Number of Pokemon? Two. Species, sex, and nickname of each. Ponyta, female, Harley.

And there she drew her blank. Again her face heated up. When the nurse came back she forced herself to speak up. "Uhm… ma'am? I don't…"

'Kill me now. Just kill me now, strike me down where I stand.'

"I don't know my second Pokemon's species."

The nurse halted for a moment, her face falling into a textbook example of 'are you freaking kidding me?' which she quickly rearranged into a professional smile. "No problem. He's a Shroomish."

Keia had never even heard about it, and the blank look on her face quickly clued the nurse in that more information was needed. She quickly recited a short explanation of Keia's new partner with a sort of intelligent precision that made her stomach flip flop.

"Shroomish is the Mushroom Pokemon. It's found in the damp underbrush of forested areas. It feeds on rotted leaves and other plant matter. When it senses danger it can release spores from the top of its head that cause a number of problems including Poison and Paralysis, as well as full body pain if inhaled in more powerful specimens. It's a pure Grass type that evolves fairly early on into Breloom, a Grass/Fighting type."

Keia just barely managed to untie her tongue in time to respond before she looked like a complete idiot. "Thank you." She quickly scribbled the remainder of the information on the form and handed it in.

Despite Keia's ignorance the nurse remained friendly. "All right! Anything else you need this afternoon?"

"No, thank you. That was it."

"Great! Have a wonderful evening, and we hope to see you again soon!"

Keia just barely registered that her smile was a little too stupid and lovestruck as she took several steps backwards with the intention of turning around and leaving like a normal person. Unfortunately she couldn't get her legs to respond properly.

*****​

Meanwhile at a nearby Gym, a young man was getting restless in the couches. He decided to get some fresh air and go for a walk outside. Today was a tiring day and he needed a nap. Outside of the gym Devin meandered around until he found himself in front of a PokeCenter. Scrafty's health bar wasn't looking to hot, and drain punch just wasn't going to cut it.

Inside, Devin found a pretty looking nurse, finishing serving a girl who looked younger than him. She was walking backwards? A stylish exit, no doubt, yet less stylish for no moonwalking. Was this young girl goin- And Devin's thought process was thus shut down as the enigmatic backwards walking girl bumped into him, almost making him fall on the ground. Devin regained his balance and tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Are you ok there?" He asked, genuinely worried.

*****​

Was it possible to make an even bigger idiot of herself? Clearly it was. Keia let out a small 'oof!' of surprise as she ran into someone and she whirled around with an increasingly prominent desire to melt through the floor.

"Fine, sorry. You all right?"

*****​

"I'm all good, don't sweat it" He said with a childish grin. This girl looked pretty, and smart. She seems to be more mature, more aged than Devin. "I'm Devin, and who might you be?" He said, extending his hand in a friendly hand shake gesture.

*****​

It was at least a relief that he didn't seem to be mad. Keia relaxed quickly and fell into a less awkward stance. "Keia." She shook his hand with her usual strong yet nonthreatening grip. Talking to Devin was no big deal for her and it was a welcome distraction from the utterly idiotic interaction with the nurse.

*****​

Devin was pleased that she shook his hand, unlike some people. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Keia. Might I ask, are you a trainer here to challenge Brock? Or are you here because this is where you live, perhaps? Either way, it's nice to meet you." Devin said with his normal, childish grin. If she was a trainer here to battle Brock, they might be after a similar goal.

*****​

"Yeah, I'm a trainer. I'm from Cinnabar, here to attempt to challenge Brock." She gave a faintly sheepish smile. "Can't say I've had much experience before all this. But I'm working on that."

Her hand reflexively went to the two filled balls attached to her belt.

*****​

"I'm sure you'll do fine against Brock! If you have a fighting, grass or water type, you're pretty much set to win that badge. I'm also collecting badges and doing research at the same time about different Pokemon. I am a genius, of course, from Hoenn here to conduct experiments on the ecosystems and differtientiating evolutionary styles of Pokemon and how they might react." Henoticed her hands float towards her Pokeballs. She might be paranoid, or a battler, Devin thought.

*****​

Keia's smile grew. "Just caught one, actually. Bit excited to try him out. He wasn't too pleased about being caught, but to be fair I don't think I would be either. I might go straight to the gym from here, I dunno. Maybe I'll go get in a few scraps with wild Pokemon just to get to know him a little better first."

*****​

"I gotta go heal up my Pokemon, and maybe take a nap somewhere. I need to train up my Eevee as well if I want to win this battle. I just recently caught my Eevee while I was coming here, on the road. She's quite fluffy, but I am still yet to name her. I think I might want a Vaporeon, but I'm not entirely sure." Devin was happy to see she was smiling and getting comfortable around him. She was a happy and joyous person to have around.

*****​

She shifted her weight, already glancing toward the door. She liked this guy well enough, he seemed nice. But she had things she needed to be doing and at the moment socializing wasn't at the top of her list.

"Maybe I'll see you around then. I should probably get moving if I'm ever going to get anywhere with this."

*****​

"Im sorry, I shouldn't hold you back. Have fun with your new Pokemon, I'll catch you around." Said Devin as he walked past the girl and headed for the nurse. He healed up his Pokemon, filled up the ever so tedious safety form, and was out on his way. He sought somewhere in Viridian Forest, a forest is a great place to nap and train. He head on out of the Pokemon Center and embraced the fresh, cold air. The inside of a Pokemon Center, not a good place to have dialogue. Devin seemed to have found out the hard way with the stuffy conditions. He headed for Viridian Forest with his hand on his Pokeballs.

*****​

The cool, clean air helped clear her head as soon as Keia stepped back outside. With a faint smile on her lips she headed back down the road to Viridian Forest. The best choice was definitely to train up a little bit, get some experience, and try out Magic before even attempting the first gym. Now that she thought about it, it might have been a good idea to ask for a battle with the man she'd met at the Pokemon Center, but there was no telling which way he'd gone.

Yet as luck would have it she caught sight of him on the path ahead.

"Hey! Devin!" She jogged a few steps to catch up with him. "I should've asked you earlier, what do you say to a quick match?"

*****​

While walking through the breezy Pewter City, Devin heard a voice call out to him. It sounded familiar, and when he turned around he saw the (young?) girl jog up to him. She was proposing a battle, Devin wasn't sure about the outcome but it couldn't hurt right? Devin looked at her, smiling, and simply stated: "Well sure! Battles are always a good way of getting experience. How about we fight in or near Viridian Forest. I really want to train up some." Devin said as he got excited. It would be his first trainer battle in Kanto.

*****​

"I like the idea of battling in the forest. We'll just need to do it on the path so Harley doesn't accidentally set anything on fire."

Keia fell into step next to him and stretched her shoulders, trying to look unconcerned. In reality she was very excited and very nervous. This wouldn't be her first match with someone else, but it would be her first with someone she didn't know in a completely new area with a new member on her team. She couldn't be more excited if she tried.

"I've only got two, so should we make it two Pokemon each, no switches?"

She wasn't entirely familiar with the usual rules, but she did know switches irritated her to no end. As a general rule she preferred to have it so that recalling a Pokemon counted as it losing.

*****​

Devin was hesitant at the no withdrawals rule, and he didn't know what this girl was like. Never underestimate an opponent. A golden rule of his. This girl might be a gym leader or part of the Elite Four in another region for all he knew. Yet he couldn't refuse the offer now, backing down would just make him seem weak. "Sure, whatever rules suits you best. I don't mind any type of additional rules." said Devin with a nervous chuckle.

He stored all his hopes in his two beloved Pokemon, but win or lose, it didn't matter. He would still care for them. Perhaps his Eevee and Scrafty might pull-through, and maybe not. Losing is half the battle, experience is a quarter, and winning the remainder.

*****​

Keia saw his hesitation, and more than anything else it was intimidating. It felt like a standard she had to hold up to. Though she may not actually have the skills to deliver, she was certainly going to try. She tried to ignore her racing heart and plucked a ball from her belt. "All right, I'll choose first."

She understood at least that choosing first set one at a disadvantage, but she felt that it was only fair, considering that she'd issued the challenged and chose the rules. So she took several paces back and threw the ball.

Harley materialized from the beam in a wave of heat and smoke. She raised her head and whinnied a challenge, stomping her feet and pacing back and forth with her tail flagged. It seemed that the first little taste of victory had her confidence inflated and she was more than ready to take on this new challenge.

And once the smoke and dust had cleared, both of Devin's Pokemon had fallen and Keia's stood victorious. The win was a complete shock to her, but she was soaring. She shook Devin's hand with a broad grin.

"Thanks for the great match. We'll have to do it again sometime when we have fuller teams."

She couldn't wait around any longer, however. So she bid him goodbye and headed north up the path, back toward Pewter. It was time to challenge the gym.

After her unexpected victory Keia was in a euphoric mood. Once she reached Pewter she stopped by the Pokemon Center again to make sure her team was in top condition for her gym battle. Luckily the nurse that had given her all the trouble had ended her shift, and in her place stood a young male nurse. He was attractive enough, with bright hazel eyes and soft dark hair, but it was accurate to say that Keia wasn't affected by this type matchup. She was polite and friendly to him, but when she left her legs were steady and she hadn't stuttered a single syllable.

So when she approached the gym she eyed the building with some measure of confidence. It stood taller than any other building in the city. The walls had been crafted to mimic a craggy cliffside and the pillars that held up the awning were beautifully carved from what looked like a single piece of rock. Keia was impressed, but still not intimidated. She was used to large imposing buildings; it was widely agreed upon that Blaine had the most intimidating, dramatic setup of any gym leader in Kanto. The double doors opened automatically for her as she drew near. Her eyes took a moment to adjust as the bright afternoon sunlight gave way to the dimmer lighting inside.

If the outside had looked like a rugged cliff, the interior looked like the valley between two imposing mountains. The walls were roughly hewn to look like a rock face weathered by years of exposure to the elements. The battlefield had the lines as dictated by the Pokemon League rules, with the semicircles on either end for the trainers to stand in and the line halfway through to denote which side was which. Maybe Keia started to feel a little anxious, but she wasn't about to back down now.

"Challenger!" The strong male voice carried to her from the far end of the building. The leader came into view as he went around the side of a rocky outcropping in the wall. Keia looked him up and down, seizing him up. He looked young, most likely around her age. A shock of dark brown hair stood up in all directions atop his head. Altogether he looked a little rough, more in the sense that he'd trained hard all day rather than not taking care of himself. Keia stopped at her end of the battlefield. Now her heart began to pound in her ears as the reality of the situation hit her.

"Tell me, how many Pokemon do you have and what are their evolutionary levels?"

Keia cleared her throat before trying to answer. "I have two basic Pokemon."

Brock opened his vest and plucked out two balls from the rows upon rows sewn into the lining. "Two Pokemon each. No switches. Recall counts as a loss for that Pokemon. I will choose first. Do you understand the rules?"

"Yes, I understand." Her hands shook as she pulled her first ball off her belt. She knew exactly who she would be using. Still she waited for Brock to take his place at the opposite end of the battlefield and send out his first Pokemon.

The leader silently tossed the ball onto the field. A Geodude emerged with a roar and knocked his fists together in a threatening display. This was a Pokemon that probably saw at least a battle a day, and he looked like it too. But it was too late now to back down. Keia threw her ball and Magic materialized from the beam of light.

"Challenger gets the first move!"

Keia nodded and glanced back and forth from the Geodude to Magic. It took her only a moment before the right move came to her.

"Magic, use Leech Seed."

The Shroomish didn't exactly rush to obey her, but still he did as she asked. He waddled closer and chunked a barrage of seeds at his opponent. They embedded in the Geodude's body and began sapping his energy. For now, all that served to do was make him mad. He growled and looked to Brock with trusting eyes.

"Hang in there Geodude. Defense Curl!"

Geodude curled up and crossed his arms over his face. He remained like that while Magic made his move.

"Absorb."

He threw out viney tendrils and sunk them into Geodude. They sucked out a sizeable chunk of his energy, coupled with the seeds still embedded in him. The type advantage made it so that Magic was coming out well ahead, but Geodude still had some fight left in him. He already knew what Brock wanted without even having to ask. Without uncurling he launched himself at Magic, rolling across the rugged battlefield to slam into him. He bounced against Magic's soft body, causing the little mushroom to stumble back and fall on his butt. The attack served mainly just to irritate him. He struggled to his feet and bounced on his feet, ready to put everything he had into this fight.

"You're doing awesome, Magic. Absorb again, finish him!"

Again Magic shot out tendrils of vine and sapped strength from his opponent. Geodude couldn't pretend to be so tough this time. He groaned and struggled to stay alert. The seeds took enough to leave him shuddering and woozy.

"It's not over yet, Geodude. Rollout."

Obediently he launched into action. He gathered up more speed this time and hit Magic with greater force. Magic was thrown back a few feet and he landed on his head. If he'd been angry before, he was livid now. He righted himself with some difficulty and looked back to Keia for directions. Her heart fluttered; he was actually showing trust in her. She hoped that wouldn't fade after the heat of the battle.

"One more time, Magic. Absorb!"

With this one last move this fight was won. The last of Geodude's energy was drained and it slumped on the field, groaning and trying to right itself so it could keep fighting. Brock called him back with a nod of respect.

"Great job, Geodude. Come on back."

He threw the next ball and a strange Pokemon came out. It looked like a tree, yet it couldn't be Grass type. She didn't have to wonder about her species long.

"Sudowoodo, start off with Mimic."

She struck a pose, moving in a strange and jerky fashion as she copied one of Magic's moves. They wouldn't know what until her next move. That made Keia a little nervous, but that just meant she needed to finish this fast.

"Stun Spore. Don't let her get moving on us."

Magic shot a cloud of yellow spores from the pores atop his head. They settled onto Sudowoodo's body and filled her lungs as she took in a breath. She froze in place, shuddering as she tried to move.

"Hang in there, Sudowoodo. Use the Mimic move."

She was barely able to struggle through her paralysis and unleash a cloud of spores back at Magic. They coated his soft body, but he shook them off like it was nothing. In that moment Keia was immeasurably grateful that Stun Spore didn't affect Grass types. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Good job, Magic. Leech Seed."

Like he had on her teammate, Magic embedded a barrage of seeds in Sudowoodo's body. Things were looking bad for Brock, and he knew it. He furrowed his brow as he tried to figure out how to pull out of this nosedive.

"It's not over yet. Rock Throw!"

Sudowoodo moved slowly and with great effort as she hurled a horde of rocks at Magic. They hit him hard and hurt him more than anything else had thus far. He cried out and scuttled closer to Keia.

"You're doing great. Absorb."

Magic stole as much of Sudowoodo's energy as he could, with a little extra added from the seeds.

"Good. Hit him with Flail."

She did her best, but this time Sudowoodo just couldn't pull through her paralysis. She shook as she stayed right where she was.

Keia hoped this would be the last move. She still had one more Pokemon left, but she knew Harley wouldn't have the advantage Magic did. "Let's finish this. Absorb."

Magic did as she bid, and though he took another sizeable chunk of her strength Sudowoodo was just barely able to keep standing.

Brock would not give up. "You're doing great. Try Flail again."

This time Sudowoodo was able to wrench herself into motion. She launched herself at Magic and hit him with all her strength. The power behind the move was unexpected, and it was more than enough to throw Magic back well behind Keia. He lay there shivering and unable to get to his feet. Maybe he'd be able to struggle through with a little more time to catch his wind, but Keia wasn't going to let him be pulverized.

"You did so good, Magic. Come on home."

He went back into his ball to rest. Keia's palm were sweaty as she threw her last Pokeball onto the field.

Always one for dramatic entrances, Harley appeared in a plume of smoke and flame. A small smirk appeared on Brock's face and Keia knew to be cautious. He had something up his sleeve.

"We gotta finish this quick, Harley. Use…"

She paused. What was she supposed to do? Fire types had a disadvantage against Rock, and she knew they could often use Ground type moves. If Brock were to do that it would be lights out for Harley. She wracked her brain, and a light bulb flickered on over her head. Devin had said Brock would be a breeze if she had a Grass or Fighting type. Harley had one Fighting type move, and it was time to try it.

"Use Low Kick. Make it count!"

Harley whinnied gleefully and crossed the field in a few great strides. As soon as she was close enough she turned, bucked up, and slammed both back hooves into Sudowoodo's lower body. The Rock Pokemon let out a heaving breath and fell to her knees. Rather than forcing her to go on trying Brock called her back into her Pokeball. With both his Pokemon fainted, Brock had to admit defeat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Damien Welters
    008.png
    056.png
    023MS.png

As the horde battle was in full swing, attacks were launched from the trainers' Pokémon attacking the opposing Raticate. Damien commanded his Ekans to continue spraying out Acid towards the enemies, in an attempt to get them to flee. Finally dispersing after a few more attacks, one of the trainers used their Kadabra to teleport them out of the scene, leaving only Damien and the other fellow. Damien looked around as the horde battle ended, with the remaining Raticate fleeing into the forest out of defeat. It certainly was weird, having the Raticate randomly attack trainers, but Damien figured the two boys must have done something to set them off. He let out a sigh of relief, grateful that the little dilemma had ended.

"Hey there. You are the guy from the museum. Sorry if i made you mad. We started the wrong way. By the way, my name is Gelius." The boy approached Damien. He looked at him and arched an eyebrow. He didn't exactly hate him, but he didn't look like the type of person he would want to hang out with. Dorky hair, dorky shoes...and why is he wearing all black? Damien just observed and gave a slight smile out of amusement.

"Uhhh...Hi, I'm Damien." he said. He took out his Pokéball as he returned Bella, his Ekans. "It was good thing I was here, otherwise those Raticate would have messed you up pretty bad." Damien smiled a bit at Gelius, speaking in a slightly cocky tone. "Buuut I guess it can't be helped." He did wonder why that other guy randomly ran off with his Kadabra, but from it looked like, he couldn't tell if he was friends with Gelius or not. Damien bent down and picked up his backpack that he left on the grass when he was fending off the horde, and then looked at Gelius. "Anyways, I need to go. I'm kind of hurry. You know, Gym Leaders to beat, Pokémon to catch." Damien tried to egg Gelius on, but it was all in good fun in Damien's eyes. He personally didn't mean harm by it.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Route 3 - Tour Guide​

The boy introduced himself. Good grief he was here or i would be dead. Now my next objective is... Find Gary Clark and beat him on a battle.

Daimen gets up like he would be going to Cerulean City. Then it happened. One brilliant idea... I retrieved Sludges.

I checked my notebook with things to do:

1. Beat Gary Clark and retrieve my skateboard back.

2. Beat Misty.

3. Make a new friend.

4. Ask Bill about the strange Pokemon that i saw when i was 8.

5. Anything other random thing to do.

I said to the boy: "Hey! Wait! I know the way trough Mt. Moon and i live in Cerulean City. I can guide you there!"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Part 5: Gym Battle

Lilliana
    wendy-02.png
    Spoiler:

Lilliana brushed a strand of her blue hair out of her eyes as she stared nervously at the doors in front of her. After healing her Pokemon up at the Pokemon Center and buying some more pokeballs and potions she had headed to the gym and her she was. Standing still for more than five minutes to nervous to move. What if I can't do this? she thought her hands gripping the skirt of her yellow and blue dress. Taking a deep breath she looked down for a minute thinking more If Alex was here he'd be encouraging me. I want to be a contest star but I'm winning these badges for him. she looked up a determined look forming on her young face.

"I can do this" She said a smile forming as she opened the doors and stepped inside the gym coming face to face with a man with tanned skin and spiky brown hair.

"Finally I was wondering if you were ever going to come inside Kid" The man smiled at her. "My names Brock and I'm the leader here, I'm guessing your here to challenge me right?"

Lilliana took a deep breath her nerves back slightly but spoke with a firm voice. "That's right, my names Lilliana" she smiled and giggled starting to feel a bit better. "and I'm here to play" she pulled Alex's pokeball from her bag.

"I like the way you think Lilliana" Brock laughed and led her to the battlefield a room filled with rock and stone. "How many Pokemon do you have kid?"

"Just two" Lilliana said pulling out her other Pokeball. "What kind of battle style are we going to use?"

"Single battle with two Pokemon, no switches no items that alright with you?" Brock asked grabbing two pokeballs from his vest. Tossing one in the air Lilliana watched as a Roggenrola appeared in front of her. "You get the first move."

"Go Alex" Lilliana smiled tossing her pokeball up into the air and watching as her Vulpix appeared in front of her. Not necessarily the best choice, Aria had the advantage but if Alex could deal some damage to Brock's first Pokemon Aria would have a better shot.

"Use Feint Attack!" Lilliana called out and watched as Alex ran quickly to the left of Brock's Pokemon.

"Roggenrola dodge it" Brock called out as Alex suddenly disappeared from view. Roggenrola jumped to the right and suddenly cried out as Alex appeared from nowhere slamming into it.

"Very sneaky kid now its my turn." Brock smiled at her "Roggenrola use Headbutt!". The Roggenrola turned towards Alex and ran forward before jumping and slamming its head into him.

"Vul!" Lilliana clenched her hand into a fist as she heard her Pokemon cry out in pain.

"Its okay Alex, now use Will-O-Wisp" she called out gently watching Alex get back to his feet and glare at Brock's Pokemon opening his mouth and blue fire is visible, shooting out of Alex's mouth it hit the Roggenrola dead on doing some damage but not much.

"Fire won't work against my rock types kid" Brock called out to his Pokemon telling it to use Smack Down.

"Dodge it Alex!" Lilliana cried out watching as an orb glowing metallic gold formed and fired at Alex. She watched it appearing to her to happen in slow motion as her Pokemon tried to dodge but the orb still slammed into him exploding and throwing him into the air when he hit the ground he fainted.

"Alex come back" she called her fainted Pokemon back into his Pokeball sadly. "Now Aria you can do this" she called out her trusted Marill. "Rain dance Aria" she ordered watching as Aria moved through the steps of the dance rain clouds forming before rain started to fall on the battlefield.

"Use Sand Attack" Brock called out quickly as the rain started to fall and Roggenrola quickly kicked up sand towards Aria but the rain caused the sand to wash right off.

"Great Aria now use Bubble Beam!" Lilliana called out her spirits lifting as rain fell on the two Pokemon. Aria opened her mouth and fired white bubbles at Brock's Pokemon who tried to dodge to no avail the attack hitting and causing the Pokemon to faint.

"Nice Kid lets see how this goes" Brock called back his first Pokemon and sent out a Geodude. "Geodude use Rock Throw!" he called out watching the Pokemon punch the ground causing rocks to fly in all directions some hitting Aria causing her to cry out. Other rocks flew a bit fair a couple passing closely by Lilliana causing her to cry out in alarm. "You alright Lilliana?!"

"I'm fine just startled me" Lilliana smiled at Brock before looking at Aria "Use Aqua Ring Aria" she watched beautiful blue rings forming around Aria before disappearing leaving the Marill looking refreshed.

"This is a great battle Kid" Brock said before telling Geodude to use Rollout.

As the Geodude rolled towards Aria, Lilliana got an idea. "Aria jump up and use Aqua Tail. In three, two, one. Now!" she cried out Aria jumping up right before Geodude could hit her. Water formed around her tail and as she fell she slashed her tail against the Geodude making it let out a cry.

"Smart strategy, but leaves you open to my next attack, Geodude use Magnitude." The rock type hit the ground hard causing the eart the rumble knocking Aria over the rumbles nearly knocking Lilliana over as well.

"Now Aria Ice Beam" she called out as dust started to form. A ball of light blue light formed in front of Aria's mouth an fired at Geodude just as the dust covered the two Pokemon. A cry was heard but until the dust settled they couldn't see what had happened.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Route 3: Youngster Joey would like to battle!

Delta
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Click!
    Delta grinned as he walked over to the Pokéball and picked it up. Inside the semi transparent top he could see a shrunken version of Shinx looking back at him. Your going to need a name... Delta muttered to himself as he let Shinx out of her pokéball. The new Pokémon glanced at Riley and Chat cautiously, not knowing what to expect. Hmmm... Shinx, Luxio, Luxury... Lux is light. Aha! A light in the darkness! Hope! That's your name! Delta exclaimed after a moment. Hope had walked over to Riley, who was stroking her fur, causing her to purr. Char was walking around shaking with excitement. What she was excited about became apparent as a young boy with black hair came to a stop about twenty feet away.
    Are you Zane Kemon? The boy asked, tall grass up to the bottom of his shorts. I don't Care what anybody says. That does not look comfortable or easy to wear. Delta thought to himself as he eyed the boys raggedy clothes. Indeed. Who is asking? Delta replied after a moment. I have a letter from a mister... uh... all it says is Steven?" Delta's ears caught the name of his mentor and he rushed over and snatchef the letter out of the boys hand. Hey what's with the funny looking Charmander? The boy asked. Delta stopped and threw himself against the boy knocking him out of the way as a blast of fire flew into the ground where he had been standing. The blast exploded as it touched the ground and scattered embers around it.

Char learned flame burst!

Delta climbed off the ground and scowled as he realized that his designer shirt he had imported from Kalos was ruined. S-sorry! The boy yelped as he got to his feet. She's a little sensitive about that... Delta sighed pointing to his singed eyebrows. How'd you get Steven's letter anyway? Delta asked after a moment. Well... my names Joey and I live in Pallet town. My dad is the postman see, and the letter was addressed to the professor's lab. So when the professor told my dad that you had left, my dad called me up on my Pokégear and asked me to find you here. The Pokédex has GPS or something... say wanna batyle? My Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattata. Joey rambled. Delta was itching to read the letter from Steven, but he knew that it was impossible to say no to a trainer battle. That and he really wanted to beat the snit out of the kid for making him ruin his shirt. Go! Rattata! Joey called as he tossed a Pokéball towards Delta. Delta glanced at his Pokémon and realized that only Riley had enough strength to battle. Riley! Aura Sphere! Delta ordered. Riley leaped up and shot a blast of glowing energy towards the Rattata. Dodge it Rattata... what the?! Delta shook his head as he watched the orb curve and continue heading for Rattata. Delta frowned as he saw the little rat Pokémon was already down. Hey kid, I don't think it's wise to throw your Pokémon into battles where they have a severe disadvantage. Riolu is a fighting type, and on top of that, Aura Sphere was also a fighting type move. So unless you want to get your Rattata killed, I suggest you go back to Pewter city and train in the gym. Once you've got some gym badges, maybe we'll battle again and it might actually be a challenge for me. Delta chuckled and tossed Joey the bottle of fresh water. I'm going to get all eight badges, then I'll become the champion!" Joey replied happily as he and his Rattata headed back down the path to Pewter city. Keep dreaming kid. I'm going to be champion. Delta replied as he pulled Stevens letter out of his pocket.

Delta. I have located the whereabouts of three key stones, from what the mega-radar, a device used to pinpoint the locations of the strange energy emitted by Mega Stones during Mega Evolution, has detected is that three different key stones have recently been activated in the Kanto region. Whom has control of these key stones is unknown to me, but they apear to be located in Veridian, cinnabar, and Fuchsia respectively. In light of this discovery, I have decided to send two of my other students to Kanto as well. Beta, and Gamma are both to arrive in Vermilion city soon. They will both be your Rivals in this Mega hunt.
    Cheers, Steven Stone, Mossdeep city, Hoenn.

Delta frowned. Steven had not only sent more trainers to Kanto, he had also said that three had already unearthed the powerful mega stones and used them. Guys... we seriously need to pick up the pace. Delta growled and began running towards mount moon, not wanting to be without a key stone for any longer

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Pewter City
    Route 3 Preparations!

The first one to fall was Brock's Onix. The Gym Leader reacalled his Pokémon, and Curtis collapsed on the rocky floor shortly afterwards. Danica walked over to it and picked it up as if it were a baby, and gently caressed his pale skin. "You did well, Curtis. Very well." she whispered, "Now it's time for you to rest for a while." Holding the Psychic Pokémon with her left arm, she grabbed a Pokéball with her other one and sent the tired Curtis inside. She put the Pokéball away on her hoodie pocket and Brock approached her.

"I took you for granted, and so I lost. As proof of your victory, I confer on you this...the official Pokémon League Boulder Badge." he said, and handed over the Badge to Danica. With a faint smile, Danica grabbed it and placed it on the shirt she had under her hoodie. "Just having the Boulder Badge makes your Pokémon more powerful." the Gym Leader added. "I really enjoyed our battle, Danica. You know, there are all kind of Trainers in this huge world of ours. You appear to be a very gifted one. So let me make a suggestion. Go to the Gym in Cerulean and test your abilities."

"...Okay" Danica said.

"If you want to get there, you should go east of here, to Route 3, then get through Mt. Moon. It's the shortest way." Brock said, "Good luck on your journey."

"...Thanks." Danica said, and left the Gym. She tried to keep on putting that serious face she usually has, but the joy of having won a Gym Badge was just unable to contain. She walked to the Pokémon Center with a smile on her face. Once there, she handed over the Pokéball containing Curtis to the receptionist and, while waiting for him to be fully healed, decided to take out her Pokégear and give someone a call.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Hello? Dani?" the other voice said, "Is that you? How are things going?"

"Hey, Brian. It's all good." Danica said, "I'm at Pewter City, got a Badge, and I'm waiting for Curtis to get fully healed so I can get to Cerulean City."

"Wow, congratulations! You're really something, sis!" Brian said, "I was worried that Viridian Forest was going to be too much for you to handle, because of... well, doesn't matter! Congrats!"

Danica sighed, "Yeah... Anyway, how are things at home?"

"Eh, it's been kind of hectic since you left. Mom and Dad are off in some other Region, in yet another romantic getaway, and it hasn't been easy." Brian said.

"Typical of them. So typical." Danica said, shaking her head.

"Anyway, luckily Ritchie's more like you and I so he helps around, and I'm really happy about that."

"That's great. Aw, I wish I could come back home."

"Nonsense. You need this, sis." Brian replied, "Ritchie and I can handle being on our own. It's always been the three of us, so it's gonna take a while to get used to things, but don't worry! You focus on getting to Cerulean City! I believe there is a Gym there?"

"Yeah... Thanks for looking after Ritchie and the house." Danica said, "I just wish Mom and Dad would be more, you know, parent-like."

"I know, sis. But, you can't do much about it, can you?" Brian said and chuckled, "I gotta go now, I'll let you get back to business. Good luck and take care!"

"Bye, Brian! You too! Say hi to Ritchie for me!" Danica said.

"Will do, buh-bye!" Brian said, and then Danica hung up. I sure miss them... she said to herself, But he's right, I need this. Time to get going!

After that she got her Pokémon back from the receptionist and walked out. Next stop, Pokémart. She needed to get some food and other stuff for the other part of her journey. Once she had everything ready, it would be time to go east, to Route 3! To Be Continued...

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tasman & Jara
    gimmepie & Adventure - Pewter City

Maybe by instinct... or perhaps more from pure luck and coincidence, it was at that moment that Gati opened up his eyes. As he was about to stretch and relax his tight muscles he saw the orange lizard flying straight for him.

Gati's fist glowed with an orange light and as the Charmander was about to crash into Gati, it instead crashed into the buizel's Power-Up Punch and was flung back to land beside the shocked Jara.

"Bui!" Gati shouted angrily, waking up his sleeping trainer. Tasman slowly rose up, stretching - and inadvertently throwing Majesta off of him resulting in the bird flying around angrily - and then blinked several times at the sight in front of him.

"Uh... nice to meet you?"

"Sorry!" Jara flailed, finally having found her voice. "I wasn't going to wake you or ask why you were sleeping in a park or anything, but this Charmander, my Charmander is a bit, uh, wild still. Sit!" she added towards the lizard who had gotten back onto his feet beside her.

Charmander had been about to fire one of his hotter attacks in angry retaliation at the Buizel, but Jara's command made him shut his mouth and glare like a malcontent child at her.

"Really, I'm so sorry. I'll train him. I'm a trainer, I should train him," Jara continued towards the boy with a sigh. "You okay there?"

"I'm fine" Tasman laughed a little "just felt like taking a nap. I mean, the sun was is so nice, the flowers are pretty and I was starting to get kind of bored so it made perfect sense." Tasman then looked the sulking charmander up and down
    "Don't train the personality out of him, he seems fun. It's be kind of dull if he just acted the same as every other charmander out there... although I wouldn't really recommend pouncing on Gati whilst he's asleep again."

Tasman stretched again before once again taking out his notebook and starting to scribble some stuff down, he practically seemed to forget that he was even talking to someone. Meanwhile, Jara found herself silently pondering Tasman's advice. She looked down at Charmander. She had been thinking the thought that it was a good thing that the lizard was so different from Piloswine. Her long time pokémon friend was no battler. And on this journey, she needed a battler to get somewhere. Maybe she would just need to, sort of, adjust and get used to Charmander's antics, and they would get along well soon enough...

"Thanks," she said, turning back to the scribbling guy. "He won't, pounce on your Buizel I mean. Say..." She leaned her head to the side, looking at him a bit more closely. "You're a trainer too, right?"

Tasman kept scribbling for a short while, occasionally looking back up at the charmander before putting the notebook away and answering.
    "Yeah, I thought it might be fun to come to Kanto and challenge the gyms here. That charmander gave me such a good idea for a character!"

"Uh, character?" Jara questioned. "How do you mean now?" She stepped closer to glance over Tasman's shoulder at his scribbles.

"Yeah, for a story. It's got a lot of personality, which means it could be fun to write about a pokemon like that. Are you hear to challenge the gym too?" Tasman asked, randomly changing the topic again.

"Oh," Jara said, nodding and wondering more and more just what sort of person this guy was. "Yeah... I'm supposed to challenge the gym. I got a trainer's license and all, after all." She sighed. "I'm Jara, by the way. You got a name?"

"I'm Tasman, nice to meet you Jara" he replied brightly, he was finding this new arrival to be very interesting - he liked people who asked questions and not everyone would have stopped to talk to someone sleeping in a park
    "Have you challenged gyms before? Personally I haven't. but after seeing how exhilarating the Kanto league looked I had to come and give it a try. Gati here's already grown really fond of the battling lifestyle. "

Jara glanced down at the Buizel, who was trading glances with the still fuming Charmander by her side. "Battling lifestyle, huh..."

"No," she continued. "This will be my first gym. To be honest, I'm not sure how it will go. But if I lose, I lose. I guess.

Tasman shrugged
    "if you lose it doesn't really matter, just enjoy the experience and try again later. It's not like the gyms are going anywhere." Tasman continued to sit for a bit longer before standing up abruptly "Right, I think I'll go and challenge Brock then. It was really nice meeting you and I hope we can talk again soon. We should battle some time!"

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah, actually, let's! I'll have trained Charmander into something that can take on your Buizel by then, alright?"

And with that promise, the two new trainers split ways. For now. When Tasman was out of sight, Jara looked down at her pokémon, hands on her hips. Piloswine looked expectantly up at her like the loving pet he was, but Charmander was staring into the distance with an immensely bored look.

"We really have some training to do," she sighed. "We have a gym leader to beat! And a trainer. Some day."

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mount Moon
    Crystal_Cave_2_by_firedudew.jpg

Mount Moon is a not too high mountain range that stands between Pewter City and Cerulean City, connected to Route 3 in the west and Route 4 in the east. Climbing does not seem to be possible; to get past it, travelers always need to travel through the caves. It is a mystical mountain that is known for its frequent meteor falls. Some evolution stones, mainly Moon Stones, can be found still for those who search closely. (you can find any number of evolution stones, but it's advised that you don't go overboard. Keep it real, yo! You can always travel back to Mt Moon later on in the RP if you realize that you need a particular stone ;) Or trade with another player who has one!)

Trainers usually encountered here include hikers, scientists and archeologists.

Wild pokémon:
    027.png
    035.png
    041.png
    042.png

046.png
    074.png
    075.png

Found as fossils:
    (and can be revived in the future, you will be told when)
    (and yeah, you can find any number of fossils and the same as any other player)
    696.png
    698.png
    564.png
    566.png
    408.png
    410.png
    345.png
    347.png
    138.png
    140.png

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Damien Welters
    008.png
    056.png
    023MS.png

((OOC: Gelius, I think your post may have been a bit short, lol.))

"Hey! Wait! I know the way trough Mt. Moon and i live in Cerulean City. I can guide you there!" Gelius shouted at Damien. As he was walking, he stopped in his tracks and turned his body around to look at Gelius. Travel? With him? Damien at first thought the boy was joking, but quickly realized that was not the case. He didn't want to seem rude, but Damien was more of a lone wolf. It wasn't that he didn't like the idea of travelling, he just didn't want the burden of 'weight' slowing him down.

"Uhhh...look. Sorry, but I'm more of a lone wolf." Damien shrugged, looking at Gelius, while starting to walk away. "Besides, I'm not that much of a people person. But hey, if we meet again at Cerulean, you can do me the favour of buying me supplies to stock up on, since I helped you with that horde." Damien smiled, a bit slyly, as he gestured a wave at Gelius, walking along the rugged path that separated into two more paths. He didn't figure Mt. Moon was too far, and didn't think it would be that difficult to venture through the caves. There was only one thing standing in his way of obtaining his second badge, and he was determined to get through it.

~​

Damien stared that what seemed to be an abyss of darkness that stood in front of him. A sign in front of the cavern entrance read 'Mt. Moon', so he knew he was the right place. A few tree scattered about on the plateau, boulders, sparse grass and dirt made it apparent the elevation was higher up where he was. Not to mention it was a tad chillier up here than it was down where Route 3 started. It was amazing how a few hours of walking could change the location this drastically. "Ughhh...maybe it's time for a rest." He mumbled to himself, as he turned to his side, and saw the Pokémon Centre located away from the entrance. His Pokémon were a tad beaten and tired, so they could use the healing aide of the Nurse. Plus, he could use a little nap himself. He stretched out his arms, walking towards the Centre, with the front doors automatically opening as he walked in. Taking off his belt, he approached the front counter, and took of the Pokéballs and placed them on the counter, and putting the belt back on. "Just those three Pokémon. A usual checkup. I'm getting ready to go to Mt. Moon." Damien smiled at the nurse, who nodded and smiled back. She took the Pokéballs onto a tray, and turned around to head to the back rooms. "Oh, wait!" Damien quickly shouted. "Is there a place where I can rest? You know, take a nap or something?" He asked the nurse.

"Yes, just on the second floor. There's multiple rooms in the back for trainers to rest if they need to, so you are welcome to use those." Damien nodded gratefully in return. "I'll keep your Pokémon after they are done with their checkup, so just come down to get them when you feel like it." The nurse said, turning around and continuing to the back. Damien approached the left wing of the Pokémon centre and found the stairs, and walked up, eventually going down a hallway where the rooms were located. [I[Let's see...most of them are empty anyways.[/I] He took off his backpack once he found a room that seemed to be relatively empty. There were several beds laid out in rows, on both sides of the room, and Damien walked up to the one closest to the door, and just jumped onto it, lying down and sighing out of relief. Finally...some rest. I think I deserve it. He lay there staring at the ceiling for a bit until he finally threw his backpack on the ground next to the bed and slowly started to snooze away his problems.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Route 3/ Mount Moon - Burglars​

Damien ignored my idea as tour guide. Oh well, time to get the skateboard back.

I was entering the cave when i a group of Zubats and a Golbat came flying. I just screamed. But then i got back on my way.

I entered the cave. It was dark as i remember (Yeah because i needed to go trough here to reach Pewter).

I trip on a rock. "Ouch! Stupid rock!" Then i notice that is a Leaf Stone. "Maybe it's not that stupid." I get up and pick up the Leaf Stone. I put my Leaf Stone on the bag. I keep walking.

On a corner, i hear something. A battle. I look at it. It's Gray Clark again. I hear them.

"Kid don't resist! We will bury you alive!" Said the guy with the Golbat.

"3 vs 1? Not fair... For you! Kadabra Confusion, Pidgeotto Gust, Croconaw Water Gun!" Gary Clark commanded. His Pokemon had beat the three trainers. Golbat, Graveler and Raticate are down.

'He is getting better on battling. But i will beat him.' I thought. Then 3 other guys appear behind me. I could recognize them now. They were wearing black and had an R on the shirt. Sh*t i was noticed.

"They noticed you huh? It's better you take them down before they bury you alive." Said G. Clark while leaving. "Oh here is your useless Skateboard." He threw the broken skateboard at me. I was so mad now! He left me here alone with these guys and broke my skateboard.

"Koffing go for a Tackle!" Said one guy.

"Ekans Bite!" Said another.

"Arbok use Poison Fang!" Said the one that looked slightly different than the others. Maybe he was more respected.

"Oh no you don't! Leaf and Sludges come to help! Sludges use Mud Bomb on Arbok! Bubbles use Bubblebeam on Koffing! Leaf start to charge your move!" I said.

The Bubblebeam hit the Koffing and Mud Bomb hit Arbok. Koffing was down, but Arbok still was up.

"Ekans use Poison Sting!" Said one.

"Arbok use Venoshock!" Said the other.

Ekans used Poison Sting but Leaf evaded and then used Razor Wind, knocking out Ekans. Arbok tried to use Venoshock on Sludges and Bubbles. Bubbles was badly hurt. But Sludges kept up. I returned Bubbles and, to not cause so many injuries, Leaf.

Sludges vs Arbok. It's gonna be hard. Sludges tried a Mud Bomb, but Arbok evaded every Mud Bomb. Arbok tried an Venoshock but Sludges wasn't affected. When Arbok was about to attack with an Iron Tail, but Sludges evaded it by an unusual way... Getting smaller.

Sludges learned Minimize!

Sludges then used Mud Bomb, making a direct hit on Arbok, fainting it.

"Next time we will get you!" Said the Arbok guy running away leaving the others unconscious or not able to battle.

I took an Antidote from my bag, sent out Bubbles and cured his Poison. I withdrew Sludges and put asleep the guys who attacked me (as well as the ones who attacked G. Clark) with Hypnosis. Bubbles and i continued.

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • AL4dJXM.png

Pewter City, Pokemon Center
    714.png
    004.png

Gideon Arc

Gideon stared pass the bright cream column. It was sturdy and edgy, shaped just like a block in his opinion. But that was just a short sighted thought. It was a bit weird how everything had turned out to him. Straight out of Pallet Town, fresh with a new Charmander from the professor, and of course; he was doing poor. The cool Charmander: Crimson, was too relaxed in battle; it often scoffed at its opponents, leaving itself open for attack.

He sighed without the depression that usually accompanied it. "He fainted, Violet," uttered the boy, his hands holding the Noibat by her sides. "So cool and he can't seem to keep himself on track... what should I do?"

High pitch and inhuman chirps left Violet in response, her predictable nuzzle came next. He wasn't quite sure what her response was but it felt encouraging, so he rubbed her back in appreciation. "Yea, maybe he'll get better after I give him this."

The familiar tune of a healed Pokemon echoed throughout the quaint, nearly empty Pokemon Center. Gideon looked over at the counter to see Nurse Joy poke her torso over and call him over. "Your Chardmander is ready now." She pulled out a rack with his Pokeball in a curved indention.

He stood up while Noibat made her way to his shoulder and grabbed his backpack from off the floor. I really hope this changes him a bit, I want him to know I care so that he'll do better. Maybe he just needs to know he belongs with me, He convinced himself, thinking of the pure yellow scarf he had bought the Pokemon.

With a sincere thanks, he took the Pokemon back and quickly released it from its Pokeball. A flash of mystic light shot out before forming into a indifferent Charmander, his claws folded over his chest, eyes oddly narrow and cold. "Crimson," Gideon called out before bending down to his eye level.

"Lets have a man to mon, kay?"

Crimson kept his head turned from Gideon's but acknowledged the challenge by taking a defiant step towards him. "Char."

Violet was seething quietly in his ear, her own form lurched forward; it was tense. Gideon ignored her, it was just a reaction to the obvious challenge Crimson had put forth. "Its nothing like that Crimson, I just think you want to belong and with Violet always out and about, you feel alone and forgotten. Well, I gotchu you somethin." He pulled off his backpack, unzipped it, and pointedly pulled out the yellow scarf. "See," He urged him.

He looked over his shoulder at the scarf reluctantly. For a moment it seemed like he didn't enjoy it. Then he reached out with his three clawed hand, pulled it out the sac and stared. Gideon smiled. So he does like it, that's good. With tender precision, he wrapped it around the Charmander's neck and watched the two tails of the scarf fall over its red body.

"Perfecto," Giddy muttered with a sweet smile. He patted the Pokemon twice on the head before raising back onto his feet. "Alright, return Crimson. We have a Gym leader to take down." He watched the Pokemon fall back into its Pokeball; a odd smirk on its face before clipping it back onto his belt.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Mauve Banzett
    Well Needed Rest
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Center

After a trek that seemed endless, Mauve and Raze had finally made it to the Pokemon Center that sat next to Mt. Moon's entrance. The young trainer thrust a fist into the air, growing a big grin and giving a hearty, "Huzzah, huzzah! We finally made it to the Pokemon Center, dear Raze! That sure was a long walk... anyway, you and the other Pokemon need some rest before we enter Mt. Moon. Let's hurry!" Raze cooed happily as Mauve dashed towards the center.

The doors opened swiftly, but didn't alarm the Nurse Joy at her desk. "Well hello there. Can I help you with anything?" Mauve, gasping and catching his breath as he reached the counter, muttered back with, "U-Uh... yes. Could you... ugh... Take a look at my Pokemon?" Nurse Joy giggled, and nodded. "Absolutely. I'll help your Pokemon recover while YOU recover, young man." She said this with a wink, and Mauve simply blushed in embarrassment. After returning Raze, he gave her his three occupied Pokeballs. She placed them on the tray and gave them to her aide, Chansey. Turning to Mauve, she explained to him, "There are separate rooms for trainers like yourself. I'll hold onto your Pokemon for you until you are ready. Mt. Moon is a bit rough for new trainers, so make sure you're prepared. Rest well!" Then, Nurse Joy went back to her treatment room with her trusted Chansey.

Mauve slowly made his way to the trainer quarters, and made himself comfortable in a vacant room. With a sigh, he sat down on the comfortable bed and sat his bag next to him. However... he couldn't rest. Not yet. Opening his bag, he looked through his belongings to begin his little "ritual."

"Now... to add Jinzo to my roster... Oh, which book was it?" He flipped through the books of Pokemon he had with him, featuring small but helpful bits of information on many Pokemon found in the Kanto region. After a little digging, andgrabbing his beloved black pen, he pulled out a Psychic-type booklet. He flipped through the pages, until he came across the section covering Baltoy and it's evolved form, Claydol. "Ah, yes, here it is! Baltoy...A very interesting Pokemon, indeed. With moves like Cosmic Power, Earth Power... and Heal Block as well, it could be a very good ally. Now, for the notes...."

Mauve then slipped out the notebook containing information he felt necessary for each Pokemon he caught and raised, he began to take notes of Baltoy and it's evolved form, including it's Levitate ability, the moves Mauve thought of teaching Jinzo, and various care and feeding procedures. He wrote and noted again, again and again once more. Lastly, he scanned the approximate "level" of when Baltoy would evolve. A quick jot of the final tidbit, and Mauve fell back onto the bed, closing his eyes and finally allowed himself to slip into a well deserved sleep.

Raze, Huff 'n Puff and Jinzo rested on three separate beds. The Pokemon seemed to be resting, waiting for Nurse Joy as Chansey checked up on the three. Raze was already cleared and ready for restoration patiently. Huff 'n Puff, however, was currently having his temperature taken. Chansey waited for a minute, then took back the thermometer. She smiled and nodded, giving the Koffing a sweet assuring, "Chansey, Chansey!" Huff 'n Puff simply blushed and turned the other way. He was definitely bashful when it came to Pokemon of the opposite gender.

Chansey smiled, and made her way to Jinzo. It seemed to be lifeless, but gave a wave of it's arm, and a curious look after seeing the thermometer. Chansey realized that Pokemon like Baltoy don't take temperatures normally. She called out to Nurse joy, while stroking the Clay Doll Pokemon across the head. Baltoy looked up at the Egg Pokemon. "Oh, sorry Chansey! I forgot to give you the implement to check on Baltoy. Don't worry, I can take over."

Nurse Joy walked back in with her supplies. Jinzo turned his attention to Nurse Joy, and greeted her with a, "Bal-toy, Bal-tooyy!" Nurse Joy looked back and smiled warmly. "Well hello there, little one. Mind if I take your temperature?" She placed a soft, gentle hand onto Baltoy's head. She could tell that the trainer who caught this Baltoy JUST caught it, but still tidied him up, if only a bit. And, feeling no irregularities, she stepped back and grabbed three doses of medicine.

"Alright then. Chansey, would you give the Pokemon their medicine? I have some others to tend to." Chansey nodded, and took the doses. She started with Raze, who sipped it slowly. Huff 'n Puff had to be fed the medicine, but sipped it as well. Jinzo, however, had a spray to be made especially for itself. Administering the spray, she gently rubbed it across Jinzo, especially across his head. It gave a happy sound, relaxing into the medicine's effect.

Chansey nodded, and was just about to call Joy back into the room until she appeared with Mauve's Pokeballs. Raze, Huff 'n Puff and Jinzo shortly sat themselves up to meet Nurse Joy. "Alright, you three, now your trainer is taking a rest right now. However, he'll pick you up once he wakes. Is everyone feeling much better?" She was met with happy replies of affirmation. With another warm smile, she said, "Good! Now, return and rest well!" Raze and Huff 'n Puff returned, but before Jinzo followed suit, he hopped of the bed, and gave a big hug to Chansey and Nurse Joy. She smiled and said with a giggle, "Well, aren't you a sweet heart? You're very welcome, Jinzo. Your trainer is very lucky to have a Baltoy like you." The Clay Doll Pokemon hopped back and nodded, ready to return.

"Return, little Jinzo," Joy called as the Pokeball beamed Jinzo back inside. She grabbed the tray, put the Pokeballs on and sent Chansey to set them at the waiting table while Mauve slept.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

New Team​

704MS.png
    Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

"That was a good fight, Jordan," Brock said as he recalled his Onix back. Goo managed to stay upright, although Jordan could see the fatigue in his Pokemon's eyes. He decided to recall it back too as he could not risk to carry it while it was this tired. "You are worthy of the Boulder Badge."

Jordan approached the gym leader. Brock handed him the Boulder Badge. Jordan inspected it. It is pretty shiny. It's not a stone really, as it is more of a shaped metal. He placed it in the badge case given by his father. "A few tips, though. That Goomy isn't really ready for a big battle still. Take it little by little. I suggest catching another Pokemon so you can switch Goomy in and out of battle when needed." Jordan nodded. From the results of the match, he intended to do that with the next route.

"Thank you." Jordan headed out the gym, with a new badge in a hand. Next up, is Mt. Moon.

~

Having Goo healed to full health took shorter than Jordan expected. He thought he would be spending the rest of the day in the center as, he feared, Goo experienced really bad wounds. But it turned out it was better than expected. After spending two hours in the Center, Goo was up and ready to go. Jordan decided to proceed to the next route, intending to catch another Pokemon that will help him raise Goo up. From the previous battle, he had gained a deeper bond with his starter Pokemon and thus he wanted Goo to grow up to be a really good Pokemon.

"OK, here's the deal, Goo," Jordan crouched as he talked to his Pokemon. "We will be catching another Pokemon. We don't want another battle with that huge damage on you, so we will be catching another Pokemon to widen our team and help us be stronger, okay?" The Pokemon gave no indication it understood. Jordan wondered how it was possible that during battle, the Pokemon understands his commands, but unable to in reality. "Oh well." Jordan carried the Goomy in his arms.

"Okay, let's see what we have in this route." Jordan could see many trainers ambling about the route, battling each other or training their own Pokemon with the wild ones. "All right, let's see." Jordan entered the bushes on the side of the road. The grass was high and it's really possible to spot any Pokemon in his area. Jordan saw a Nidorino just a few steps from him. "That's our next Pokemon," Jordan decided. Nidorino is a decent Pokemon who evolves to a Nidoking, a really burly machine with a Moon Stone. With Mt. Moon in the distance, this evolution could come in the very near future.

"All right, Goo! Go!" Goo jumped from his arms and started to attack the Nidorino with a Bubble. The Nidorino got startled and retaliated with a Poison Sting. Goo managed to dodge the attack and sent a Tackle flying into Nidorino. It hit, but it was not enough to bring the Nidorino down. The opponent ran towards the Goo and crashed into the Dragon-type and Pecked it. Jordan ordered a Protect but Goo was too distracted to hear the order. Goo tried to wriggle itself out of the way but Nidorino stopped it with a Double Kick.

"Goo! Listen to me! Protect!" Goo finally heard the order and the barrier went up. Nidorino continued to send the Double Kicks flying but the barrier is impenetrable. Goo filled the barrier with Bubble, like he did during their battle with Brock. Nidorino sent another Double Kick into the barrier which broke it. However,the pressure by the water inside the bubble exploded when the barrier broke. It pushed the Nidorino away, confusing it.

"Goo! Tackle, now!" Goo slammed into the Nidorino. Both went rolling into the grasses, scaring a Spearow away. It cawed in annoyance as it flew away. Goo sent a continued stream of Bubble into the Nidorino. The opponent squealed. It tried to Peck Goo, but Jordan's Pokemon managed to evade yet again. However, Nidorino was quick to recover and hopped back on and crashed into Goo. The two of them rolled in the mud. However, Nidorino had the upper hand and was Double Kicking the Goomy.

"Protect again!" Goo sent the barrier up. However, Nidorino was wary of the attack now and jumped away from the Goo. Jordan, seeing the opening, ordered the bring the Protect down. "Tackle!"

Goo tackled the Nidorino which came skidding into the sand. Jordan knew it was time. He threw a Pokeball. Nidorino was sucked in by a red light emitted by the Pokeball.

One shake...

Three shakes would do it.

Two shakes...

Last one.

Three shakes...

If this holds, you're mine.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Exiting Pewter City
    All Revved Up and Ready to Go!

Danica exited the PokéMart, with an aura of determination emanating from her. Brock had said that the Boulder Badge would make her Pokémon more powerful, but could it be making her feel more powerful as well? Or was it the nice feeling of being on top of the world that en ego boost can provide? Anyway, having purchased 5 Pokéballs, 10 Antidotes and 10 Potions, she was all set up to head on east. Route 3, here we go...

Before she left the city, she took a quick look around. That blonde guy who had challenged her to a battle -and humiliated her in a way- was nowhere to be found. Without thinking of where he could be, she took the opportunity to make a run for it, just in case the dude was on his way back from some kind of break (as if it was his job to just stand there). Soon the city looked like a scale model of where Danica had just been, and mountains surrounded the blue-haired girl.

She inhaled deeply and exhaled with a content sigh. The air in the mountains was something else. It was truly delicious, and made her feel more filled with energy than before. She felt like a goddess, and nothing could bring her down from her throne... apparently. A huge wave of terror was about to envelop Danica and bring her down from the hill she had climbed and claimed as hers. Some wild Pokémon there were moving on with their daily lives, and, to her dismay, she could recognise them as Ekans, Nidoran, and a random Gulpin that appeared to be looking around for something to eat. She was completely oblivious to the other Pokémon that moved around there, in her mind, only Poison-type Pokémon were there. Her face turned pale and she began to bite her lower lip.

Then, something poked her back, and she let out a blood-curdling scream, as if she was being stabbed by a vicious Nidorino. However, the one who poked her was only a playful Skiddo, who immediately felt sad about wanting to play with this seemingly crazy girl, and began to cry.

Danica snapped out of her fear trip and turned around. The poor goat-like Pokémon looked miserable and was... so freaking cute! And it didn't look like it was the dangerous type at all! She slowly approached it and began to pet it. "I'm... sorry. You just startled me." she said awkwardly, "I was scared of some Pokémon I saw... Don't be sad. It's okay." The wild Skiddo immediately stopped crying and smiled at Danica.

This guy's so cute! It's a great thing that I bought some Pokéballs! Teehee! Danica thought.

Skiddo was given his joyful spirit back and began to run around Danica, as if it wanted to show her it wanted to play. Danica smirked and grabbed the Pokéball containing Curtis, and let him out. His red horn began to pick up joy, and he smiled. It was nice for him to sense some feelings of joy and warmth for a change. "So, um, well... I have to cross this mountain... Do you, um, want to join me?" the girl asked. Skiddo then moved its head, as if telling Danica to hop on its back. Danica picked Curtis up and placed him on the wild Pokémon's back, then hopped on there herself. As soon as she grabbed the horns, the Skiddo began to feel the uneasiness that the blue-haired girl was feeling. With a giggle-like sound, it suddenly dashed off towards a clearing, with a screaming Danica begging it to stop.

The wild Skiddo stopped as soon as they reached the clearing, and Danica hastily got off it, and took Curtis with her. The goat-like Pokémon ran around and took a playful stance, and to Danica it looked like it wanted to battle. Still wondering why it had taken her there, she accepted the Skiddo's challenge and called Curtis forward.

"Curtis, use Magical Leaf!" she said.

Curtis used the same attack used to defeat Brock's Onix, but it didn't seem to do much damage. The wild Skiddo then used Razor Leaf, firing a barrage of leaves at Curtis that he couldn't dodge. Hmm... Leaves on the body, a Grass-type move... Curtis' move barely did anything... A-ha! This fella must be a Grass-type!

"Curtis, Disarming Voice!" Danica shouted.

Curtis began to let out a cry that, somehow, appeared to deal damage to the playful opponent. In retaliation, charged at the Ralts and attacked with a Tackle. Danica then told Curtis to use Confusion. Her Pokémon used psychic powers to knock Skiddo over in a similar way. Skiddo then used Razor Leaf again, hitting Curtis with yet another barrage of sharp leaves. Hmm, a strong one. That's it! I'm so catching this Pokémon! But I need to weaken it a little bit more...

"Curtis, Confusion, one more time!" she commanded, "Give it all you got!"

Once again, Curtis used his powers to knock his opponent over, only that this time more violently. The Skiddo got up, but appeared to be a little dizzy from the attack. It then took out two vines from its body and attempted to use Vine Whip and, although it managed to attack Curtis once, it accidentally slapped itself with it. Danica saw this as a chance to seal the deal and add another member to her team. She took an empty Pokéball from her bag and threw it at the wild Skiddo. A red light enveloped it and the ball began to shake as the Pokémon attempted to break free. It shook and shook, and Danica could do nothign but stare anxiously, waiting for a click.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jara
    Pewter City

Meeting another trainer bent on doing the same journey as her, spurred Jara on somehow. The battle against Brock was short, but intense. Jara still could not believe how she had managed to win.

It was in the evening, almost at closing time at the gym. Jara had been waiting for quite a while, spectating during other challenger battles and not quite dared to step up to the challenge herself. Well, maybe she dared to. She just did not want to. It had never been her own choice to enter the League challenge. But here she was.

In the end, Charmander had sprung out of his pokéball again and attracted Brock's attention just as Jara was about to exit the door for the night. He had practically tricked her into admitting that she was actually supposed to be a challenger as well. And so, she accepted to have the last gym battle of the day.

The first pokémon Brock sent out was a Graveler. Charmander instantly sprung into action, and Jara thought it was just as well, since Piloswine took cover behind her to show how little he wanted to be out on the battlefield. But Charmander's fire barely put a burn on Graveler's rock hard skin. It only took one tackle from the evolved pokémon and a completely raged Charmander before Jara realized that she had to send out Piloswine in order to stand a chance. Fire against rock wouldn't cut it.

Piloswine initially endured another tackle from Graveler thanks to Protect. Then, he started to retaliate. Even though battling was against all his values, his most important goal was to keep Jara happy. A Powder Snow noticeably weakened the rock pokémon, and when it tried to send Rock Blast back, Piloswine had already spread a Mist out around the arena, allowing him to avoid the rocks since Graveler did not exactly possess the greatest eyesight of all pokémon. A Mud Slap further confused the rock pokémon, but its Magnitude did not need an aim to hit its target. Piloswine was shaken and badly hit by the ground move, but managed to use another Protect to avoid the Rollout that quickly came next. When Graveler turned around for another Rollout strike, Piloswine put all his power into one more Powder Snow, and Graveler collapsed into a shuddering pile before he reached the ice pokémon. Jara had won the first round.

But Brock's next pokémon was a strange pokémon that Jara had not even seen on TV before. Kabutops. Brock mentioned with a satisfied smile that it was a rare fossil-based pokémon. Revived from mere traces of DNA. Very much alive though, as it jumped with agility around the battlefield and confounded Piloswine with a Night Slash as soon as the battle begun. Piloswine's Mist had dissipated by now, and his Powder Snow didn't seem to hurt or halt Kabutops much as the fossil fighter came in for an Absorb attack that left Piloswine panting from lack of energy.

It was at this point that Jara was not sure of what to do. Letting Piloswine faint was the last thing she wanted, but her brain went the rational way - Charmander could not win. Or could he? She took a chance, and sent Piloswine back.

Charmander was happy to be out again, and even though Graveler was defeated already, he seemed eager to take revenge upon its teammate instead. As Kabutops advanced again, Jara commanded a Fire Fang. Kabutops' Scratch hit, but Charmander managed to twist around with top speed and bite its arm with fire cloaked teeth before the fossil could retract its limb. The wound was not overly deep and the burn nigh existing, but Kabutops and Brock were both surprised by the Charmander's resolve and speed. That gave Jara a burst of satisfiction and made her suddenly recall Charmander's more obscure attacks. He did not only know fire moves, when she thought about it.

After first blowing out a Smokescreen to cover his tracks, Charmander dove down into the poor arena floor with a Dig move. Kabutops was hit from below and fell on its back. However, it was still a quick thinker, and hit Charmander with Mud Shot even when he was still in the air. Charmander still managed to land on his feet, but panted, weaker. Kabutops rushed in for another Night Slash, but Charmander held its ground with a calculating look that kept Brock on his toes and made Jara reach for Piloswine's pokéball. If she switched them out right now, maybe Piloswine could take the hit! Or at least, if the ice pokémon fainted, she could toss Charmander in at a better angle and let him get a hit in! Or...

But there was not time enough. Despite Brock's suspicion, Charmander took the hit and fell to the ground, badly harmed by the dark slash square over his chest. Jara called out to him. He did not have to do anymore. It was enough, he had fought bravely.

"Is that how you train your pokémon?" Brock had asked. "To give up when things get hard? To not give their all?"

For a split second, Jara had not known how to answer that. And she was the master of snappy retorts. But indeed, her brain worked out an answer to her before more than a few seconds had passed. It was not a snappy one.

"No," she said. "No, it isn't. Charmander, Counter!"

The retort to the gym leader's team and comments came through a powered up slashing move straight over the unsuspecting Kabutops' chest. One of its rock-hard chest plates even got a visible dent as it crashed back down into the dirt that had formed from Dig, Mist and Mud attacks.

Charmander was victorious, and Jara could be sure that he even threw her a little smile as Brock handed over the Boulder Badge. A smile as if to say, hey. Hey, good move there. I was counting on that. We understand each other, after all.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Keia MacBeth
    Pewter City - Route 3
    "Quite a Shock"

077.gif
    285.gif

Harley | Magic

Keia whistled and Harley trotted back to her with her tail flagged and a sassy spring to her step. She came to rest at her partner's side, and Keia rested a hand on her neck.

"You did well, challenger," Brock conceded. "I will say this. In the future, do not rely on type advantages to win a battle. There are eighteen discovered Pokemon types. You will not always have a partner that can gain the upper hand. You need to learn to rely on strategy and skill rather than types."

The advice was welcome, though it brought her down a bit from the high of winning.

"Thank you. I'll remember that."

He nodded and turned, heading to the back of the building to a locked display case. He retrieved the key from his pocket and opened it so that he could pick out an octagonal grey badge, nestled in a pocket-sized case with seven more empty slots.

"For your victory I award you the Boulder Badge. You can take this case with you to contain your future badges."

Brock returned to the battlefield and crossed it to give it to her. Keia accepted it with a nod. She would have offered another expression of gratitude, but he was already turning around. "Good luck in your future travels."

After catching a new partner, a trainer battle, and a gym battle Keia was ready to take the rest of the day off. She checked back into the Pokemon Center and spent the evening in her room ordering room service, winding down with a cigarette or two, and getting to know Magic. The fight with Brock seemed to have convinced him Keia wasn't so bad, and for that she was grateful. She discovered that he loved salads, but only if they were left to wilt for a few hours and had no cheese or croutons. Dressing was fine, and raspberry vinaigrette was his favorite. He didn't like his head touched, but he liked his feet played with and he liked to play bite. His grumpy little frown would never fade; the only way to tell how he was feeling was the way he held the protrusions atop his head. Her sketchbook grew fat with sketches of the Shroomish by the time she went to bed.

The next morning she rose early. She'd had breakfast, packed up, and hit the road by eight. Harley gamboled along next to her, bucking and playing in the morning chill. It seemed that her new favorite game was blowing smoke and steam out of her nostrils and trying to catch it in her mouth. Keia looked at her sideways, a mildly exasperated smile curving her lips.

"You're a big baby, you know that?"

Harley whinnied gleefully and cantered ahead. "Don't go too far!"

She kicked up her back hooves, which Keia could only hope was a sign that she was listening. She kept a close eye on her as they crossed the Pewter City limits and passed into Route 3. The city gave way to a smooth road peppered with pebbles and boulders that had broken off of the mountain. These only served as a playground for Harley. She made it a personal challenge to climb onto every boulder she passed and kick a rock into dust here and there. Keia watched through the corner of her eye, only halfway paying attention until Harley disappeared behind a boulder followed by an ear-splitting screech and a staticky crackle. The Ponyta snorted in surprise and backed up swiftly into view, chased by a blue feline not even knee-high to her.

"Harley!" Keia was more irritated than anything else as her first instinct was to avoid confrontation. But at a second glance the little cat was cute. She recognized it as a Shinx, a member of the species that her aunt had kept as a housepet. And she knew personally that though they were cute they could pack quite a punch.

"Stand your ground! Draw it in closer to me and hit it with a Stomp."

Harley switched from play to battle mode. As instructed she retreated further to bring the Shinx closer to Keia and as soon as it was in the right range she charged at it and stomped it with one front hoof. The little cat hissed and darted back, its fur crackling with electricity. The crackle rose in intensity until it was glowing with energy as it charged up.

"Don't give it the chance to attack. Use Flame Wheel!"

Before it could discharge the electricity it was storing up Harley reared up and engulfed herself in flame. When she came down the fire detached from her body and shot toward the Shinx. It lost some of its intensity along the way so that when it hit it, it was little more than hot air and embers. That was just fine; Keia didn't want Harley attacking at full strength and knocking it out. Its whiskers were singed and smoke rose from its fur as it yowled and discharged the energy in a Spark. Harley shuddered and cried out and for one tense moment Keia was afraid she would be paralyzed. But then the sparks subsided and Harley snorted and pinned her ears in fury.

"Okay honey. You're doing great. Stomp one more time!"

Harley was more than happy to charge at it and this time, she whirled around and slammed both back hooves into it. It was thrown back and slammed into a rock with a high pitched whine. With swiftness that surprised her she pulled an empty Pokeball off her belt and tossed it at the Shinx.

Back