• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
  • The Pewter City Gym Arc: Parts 1 and 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It had been a pretty long journey from his home region but he had recently made it to the region of Kanto. "Wooh, this is going to be fun, right Lucario?" Matthew was really excited to catch some new Pokémon and he and Lucario were currently in the Viridian Forest training and heading towards Pewter City.

His Lucario gave a firm nod as he kept himself alert to make sure no wild Pokémon would sneak up on them. Matthew understood why Lucario was so protective of him, but sometimes it was kind of overbearing he thought to himself. "Pika!" Looking over to his shoulder the Pikachu he had recently caught was lounging on his shoulder, but had suddenly pointed its paw forwards.

"Huh, what's over that way?" Matthew turned his gaze to face what he supposed his Pikachu was pointing to and saw some light creeping out between the trees. "Oh sweet, there's the exit. Okay you guys ready to go then?"

Another firm nod from his Lucario and high pitched mouse-like noise from his Pikachu was confirmation enough for him to start running to the exit. Coming straight through the tree opening he continued his dash as he saw the city only a short distance away.

"Come on Lucario, we're almost there!" The air whooshed past his shirtless body as he ran his fastest towards the city. It took him just over 10 minutes to get there and he was only breathing just a tiny bit heavy, running was something he was pretty good at due to the fact he had provoked many swarms of Zubat by mistake before while he was younger, those were fun times. Looking behind him he grinned at his Lucario that had easily managed to keep pace with him running at full speed, his partner was pretty damn reliable if he had to say so himself.

He had been with him since he was just a small kid that was exploring the limited areas around his city. Shaking his head he smiled gently as he decided to take things slowly and check around the city before he decided what he was going to end up doing. Of course the end goal was for him to go and get the badge from whoever was the Gym Leader for the city, if he remembered correctly it was some guy named Brock, but he had some time before that.

"I wonder what there is to do in this city anyways." Matthew said aloud to himself as he walked around just taking in the sights and committing them to memory. While he didn't have a photographic memory or anything of the sorts he liked to say he was pretty good at remembering things when he put his mind to it.

He stopped for a moment as he remembered that he had brought a guide book with him that described most things about the cities of Kanto and Johto, he had received as a gift from his big sister awhile before he left Kalos.

Flipping through the book he saw a small bookmark at one section and flipping to it revealed that it was the page about Pewter City. Looking at the bookmark more closely revealed that there was a bit of writing on it.

"Thought I could help you speed things up a bit little brother of mine, knowing you, you would flip past this page approximately 15 times before actually stopping and being careful. So, you're welcome." At the end of the note was a little chibi drawing of his sister in a sundress and straw hat blowing a kiss towards him, it was really well drawn for it being so small. While he wanted to shout that he wouldn't have done such a thing he knew he probably would've and decided to just sigh and put the bookmark in his duffel bag for safe keeping.

Before he could some info about the city a small tugging on his shirt made him look over and towards his shoulder specifically where his Pikachu was currently located. "Huh, what's up little buddy?" Matthew asked and then noticed that his Pikachu was pointing a paw towards something in the distance, squinting his eyes just a bit he saw that it was the town's PokeCenter, at least if the red roof was any indication.

"Oh, you must be kind of tired huh? We were training for quite some time before we exited the forest and then there was that large herd of Pikachu we had to escape, it's a good thing we got my good ol' buddy Lucario to help, but enough of that. Let's get going to the PokeCenter then."

He walked a bit slower than what his normal pace was so he could look around the city a bit, and from first appearances he had to say it was pretty peaceful if a bit small, though this was just based off of a few minutes of looking around. Maybe he would find something interesting in the city later he thought to himself as his team and himself entered the PokeCenter.

"Howdy Nurse Joy!" He said in a nice enthusiastic manner, he liked meeting all of the Nurse Joys in Kalos when his father would take him with him on trips around Kalos and on his way here to Kanto he had decided that he would see if he could find some way to tell the Nurse Joys there apart. He looked over to the Nurse Joy and noticed she wasn't in the normal outfit that he was used to and actually looked quite different. She had the usual pinkish-red hair but it was worn long instead of the usual style and she seemed to be wearing a pink dress along with a pair of jeans and her eyes were currently focused on a book.

"Oh…" There was a brief pause by the Nurse Joy for a moment as her eyes landed on Matthew and a minor blush came to her face for a moment. "Uh…are you okay? You look kind of sick Nurse Joy." She was snapped out of her stupor however as Matthew spoke once again and laid a hand against her forehead. She eeped and moved away quickly before taking a deep breath to calm herself and focusing her eyes upwards, her sister didn't tell her anything like this would happen on the job, she was just 17 and was only taking over for an hour while her sister fixed up the stock in the back. Calming herself just a bit more she managed to get out some words.

"Um…hello trainer, uh what do you need today?" Matthew wasn't very sure if this Nurse Joy was fine or not but, it looked like she recovered a bit so he decided to get to the chase. Returning his Pikachu and Lucario to their respective Pokeballs quickly he turned to her and spoke.

"Could you please heal my team up, I kind of want to challenge the gym soon and so my team needs to be at maximum strength!" Matthew asked nicely with a polite smile yet in his same enthusiastic voice that he used for nearly everything. The Nurse Joy, or at least Joy-in-training, paused for a moment as she stared at Matthew for a few moments captivated by his smile but snapped herself out of it through will power.

"Um, okay I-I'll take them for you and h-heal them up good as new." She muttered out quietly, cursing inwardly as she stuttered slightly, as her hands tentatively but quickly reached out and grabbed them before putting them in the healing machine behind her. There was an awkward silence with Matthew not really having anything to say and the Joy not really sure of her own voice, so it was a few minutes before a ding noise sounded, signaling that his Pokemon were healed. The Joy moved quickly taking the tray out and letting Matthew grab his two Pokeballs before deciding to try speaking once more. "H-here you go, they're now both back to full health."

There was a bit more pep in her voice now as she tried to remember the tips he sis told her for talking to people. Flashing another winning smile towards the girl that made her heart flutter briefly once more he attached the two Pokeballs to his belt before saying his goodbye. As the girl watched him leave she managed to work up enough confidence to say some words of encouragement. "U-um good luck in your battle!" She quickly covered her mouth but Matthew had already turned back and looked at her.

"Thanks a lot I appreciate the vote of confidence, and I have to say you look really pretty today." Matthew said flashing another winning smile before walking out not noticing that the Joy stood there in a stupor with a massive blush on her face, he really didn't know the effect he had on people sometimes, especially the young maidens who weren't used to seeing a rather decent looking guy without his shirt on just walking around.

"Okay now that my team is healed I have a few choices, one I could go to the gym and try to beat the Gym Leader or two I could explore the city and see what else it has to offer." Matthew murmured to himself as he walked away from the PokeCenter with no general place in mind to stop, but instead just kind of aimlessly traveling. His decision was soon made for him as he realized that he was in front of a rather large building with a sign next to it that clearly read "Pewter City Gym", after briefly reading the sign Matthew let out a little bit of a chuckle.

"So my own body knows what I should do now, heh Mom did always say to listen to your gut." It was pretty early in the morning as he had arrived really early before the sun was even out so he could get a head start on his journey, to most others they would've dropped dead asleep at this point, but Matthew was one of those people who was aptly called a stamina freak by most others.

Walking in through the doors of the place he kind of just stopped and looked around the place just taking it all in. "Wow…so this is a gym." He murmured to himself as he just let the atmosphere get to him, sure he had seen a gym before but he had never gotten a chance to go inside one despite his pleading when he was younger so he could train his Lucario, which was a Riolu at the time, so he could get stronger. It was only through all the experiences they shared and repeated vigorous training in the caves and actual physical work-outs that they had did for he and Riolu to bond enough for him to evolve into Lucario.

"Hmm, so are you just standing there or did you come here for something?" A mature voice startled him out of his state and he looked over to see Brock, who he recognized from the brief glance he managed to get in the book earlier, the guy that was supposed to be the Pewter City Gym Leader. With a natural confidence in himself he spoke.

"Yeah! I'm here to challenge you to a battle!" Matthew spoke excitedly as Brock looked at him and chuckled a bit before speaking.

"Normally, I would tell you to wait just a longer since it's so early in the morning, but seeing your excited expression makes me want to give you the benefit of the doubt." Brock spoke easily as Matthew gave a little excited shout of "Yes!" before Brock resumed. "Alright before we can get this battle started follow me to the back." Brock said with a simple smile on his face as he saw the potential that the kid that was now following behind him possessed.

"Hmm, so do you have any badges?" Brock said as they arrived to the little battle area at the back of his gym, Matthew noted that besides the nice stone path that was shaped sort of like a snake the rest of the area was just rugged ground with some rocks and boulders here and there.

"Uh no, was I supposed to?" Matthew answered kind of nervously as he didn't recall needing a badge for what was usually the first gym of the Kanto region at least that was what his sister taught him, but that had been a few years ago for all he knew it could've changed and now this was the last gym you had to face.

Brock must've sensed his turmoil as he let out a relaxed chuckle before speaking. "Don't worry about it, since this is your first official Gym Battle I'll only use two Pokémon, the same amount you have from the looks of your Pokeballs." Matthew was visibly relieved and slightly put off, while he was happy that he wasn't going to have to go on some grand journey just to wind up coming back here he kind of felt like Brock wasn't acknowledging his strength, but he thought about it for a moment and thought that maybe it was just some sort of League rule or that Brock was just really strong and just a generally fair guy. Brock walked calmly over to the other side of the soon to be battle field before speaking.

"So are you ready?" Matthew grinned wildly and pulled his hat off using the string to let it just hang on his back revealing his messily spiky hair. "I've been born ready for the moments like this so let's go!" Brock smiled as out of the wall popped out a mechanical portion that held his Pokeballs, grabbing two he threw the first one while speaking.

"My specialty is Rock type Pokémon and here is one of them, come on out Geodude!" Out of the Pokeball came a small boulder-looking Pokémon with arms. "Normally I would explain the rules before battle, but for some reason I get the feeling you have some experience." Brock spoke loudly across the field and Matthew ran a hand through his hair sheepishly in turn and shouted back across the field.

"Well not a lot but I have a bit, so here we go, come on out Pikachu!" Brock was accurate with his assumption that Matthew had some experience with Pokémon along with a sister that explained battles to him he also had a few mock battles with some Zubat that he had befriended and the ones that would try and get him out of their cave. Throwing his Pokeball into the air his Pikachu popped out in a shower of crackling electricity before landing. "Pika!" His Pikachu's cheeks sparked with electricity showing that it was ready for battle. There was a sort of tension in the air that sent shivers down Matthew's spine, it was extremely exciting.

"Okay we'll start things off Pikachu, use Thunder Shock!" Pikachu let a few sparks from its cheek in acknowledgement before sending a small bolt of lightning towards Brock's Geodude however Brock was very quick to respond.

"Geodude use Rollout to evade!" Brock commanded, as Geodude tucked itself inward before rolling rapidly away from the bolt of lightning. "Now, Geodude, use Rock Throw!" The command from Brock was followed with a not so small amount of rocks flying towards Pikachu hitting it and knocking it down briefly. 'Man that was a real ingenious move by Brock, looks like me and Pikachu have to kick things up by a notch!'

"If this is all you have you're going to let me down!" Brock stated simply, not trying to be mean or anything, but simply stating a fact. Matthew grinned wildly at the challenge as he clenched his hands tight in excitement before speaking.

"You haven't seen anything yet, come on Pikachu get up and show this guy our fighting spirit!" Pikachu, responding to the words, got back up to its feet and in its eyes showed a determination that burned like the sun.

"Alright use Quick Attack to dash towards Geodude then hit it with a Disarming Voice!" Following Matthew's command Pikachu dashed forward extremely fast then let out a rather cute sound which sent a pink wave of sound startling Geodude. "Now hit it quickly with a Thunder Shock!" Letting its cheeks spark momentarily, Pikachu let out another bolt of lightning that launched Geodude backwards which was almost enough to make it faint, the key word being almost.

"That was a good move, I have to admit you have some good instincts but this won't be enough to finish off Geodude. Now, Geodude use Rock Throw!" Taking Matthew's Pikachu by surprise another small hail of rocks hit Pikachu directly sending it tumbling backwards stopping in front of Matthew knocked out. Matthew stood there shocked for a moment just staring down at Pikachu before bending down and patting its head.

"You did well for your first gym battle; I guess training in the wild wasn't enough. Here have a good long rest you deserve it." Matthew returned Pikachu to its Pokeball before looking up with a grin. "It looks like you're up buddy, so come on out Lucario!" Throwing up the Pokeball into the air Lucario popped out in a spin before landing on its two feet.

"This is where I turn the heat up, so let's go! Lucario use Bone Rush!" Putting its hands together a light green bone made of energy was quickly formed and zoomed forward incredibly fast and before Geodude could try to react Lucario had struck it repeatedly with the bone finishing it by swinging the bone like a bat sending the Geodude backwards to Brock, unconscious.

"Hmm, Geodude return." Brock took out a Pokeball allowing Geodude to retreat as a stream of neon red light hit it. "You're doing really well for someone who's never faced a Gym Leader, the tactics you used with Pikachu were quite good and even though Geodude managed to knock it out it was quite close." Matthew blushed slightly under the praise as he scratched his cheek as Brock began to speak once more.

"Now that we're both down to two Pokemon this is where the real battle begins, go Onix!" Throwing the Pokeball towards the field, what came out of it was the hulking rock snake Onix. It let out a roar that sent a brief tremor through the ground, but Lucario and Matthew were unfazed. Grinning wildly Matthew spoke.

"Alright Lucario, use Power-Up Punch!" Lucario dashed forward intent on landing a solid blow on Onix, but was stopped as Brock gave his command.

"Onix, use Slam then follow it up with Sandstorm." Onix slammed its tail hard on the ground briefly making Lucario stumble which gave it just enough time to allow it to whip up a large amount of sand that swiftly obscured Matthew and Lucario's vision. Over the raging storm Brocks voice resounded. "So, how are you going to get around this? You're Lucario has to be able to make physical contact if it wishes to hit Onix and right now neither you nor it can see."

As much as Matthew wanted to deny that it was the truth the Sandstorm currently going on was making it extremely hard to see. "Lucario, if you can hear me close your eyes and listen to Onix's movements to find it." Matthew shouted and for a moment he thought he could briefly see Lucario nodding through the sand, but his vision was obscured once more. This was kind of a gamble as Lucario had amazing senses this Sandstorm would make it much harder for Lucario to hear the approach.

"Onix, use Constrict!" Lucario turned fast and while he did manage to hit with a Power-Up Punch it wasn't enough to make Onix not be able to follow through. The Sandstorm subsided which revealed that while Onix was wincing in pain it was gripping Lucario tightly making it unable to move.

Lucario was currently gritting its teeth in pain trying to not let out any sounds as Matthew stood there wondering what to do. "If you don't do something soon you're Lucario will be knocked out and you will lose." Brock's voice broke Matthew out of his stupor and he was soon racing through ideas that he could use so that he could get Lucario out of this situation. 'Don't think too hard about things little brother, sometimes the best choice is the one that your gut picks for you.' His sister's voice rang through his head and allowed him to decide what he was going to do.

"Lucario wiggle your palms so that they face the rocks of Onix's tail and then use Force Palm through both hands!" Lucario nodded through the pain it was in and after a few moments two light green shockwaves went through Onix's tail successfully allowing Lucario to get out and weakening Onix significantly.

"Heh, it looks like we're both down to our last legs. It all comes down to this, Lucario dash forward and finish it off with another Force Palm!" Going forward with all that it had a light blue-green charge was on Lucario's palm as it ran forward intent on ending this.

"Onix, get up and use Slam!" Brock's commands made the giant rock snake use the remainder of its energy to raise its tail to try and slam down on Lucario to end the match. "Lucario use Detect to dodge and then end this with Force Palm." Lucario's keen senses were enough, even in its weakened state to dodge the Slam which sent up a large amount of dust which covered the battlefield. It was all up to Lucario managing to hit that last Force Palm, Matthew believed in Lucario and just knew that he could do this. Slowly the dust began to part to reveal who the winner of the match was.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Part 2: To the rescue.

Lilliana
    wendy-02.png
    Spoiler:

As Lilliana walked away from the entrance to Pewter City she stopped suddenly sniffing the air. "Aria do you smell that?" she glanced down at her Pokemon.

"Mar! Marill!" Aria nodded looking from her trainer to the forest behind them the action making Lilliana turn her head to look.

"Look at that smoke it's a fire" she gasped in surprise holding Aria tighter before she took of running towards the smoke rising from the woods "We have to help that's what Mother and Father taught me" Her feet picking up speed as she drew closer to the smoke.

"HELP! ANYBODY!" A voice called out and Lilliana stopped in her tracks staring at the ring of fire in the clearing.

"Aria use Rain Dance" Lilliana set Aria down and called out before adding "Don't worry helps here" she watched as Aria looked at the fire before staring the graceful steps she had been taught for Rain Dance. As the Pokemon moved small clouds formed above them and rain started to fall. After a few minutes Aria stopped moving the fire now out letting Lilliana see a boy who looked to be about four years older than her standing with a Riolu and a strange colored Charmander. "Are you okay?"​

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Viridian forrest: First contact!

"Don't worry helps here!" A young girl cried out. Delta, Char, and Riolu were all bunched together with only 2 or 3 feet between them and the hungry flames. Seconds later fat raindrops began to beat the flames back, slowly freeing Delta and his pokémon. "Are you okay?" The girl asked.

"T-thank you... so much..." Delta coughed wiping the soot from his face. "Char..." Charmander hung her head in shame, knowing that she had almost got them killed. Delta put his hand on the little yellow lizards shoulder. "Hey its not your fault, you were just following orders. Delta replied quietly before turning his attention to his blue haired savior.

"Your Marill really saved the day with that rain dance." Delta laughed, half soot covered and slightly embarresed that he had been saved by a little girl.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Part 3: A new Friend??

Lilliana
    wendy-02.png
    Spoiler:

"T-thank you... so much..." The boy coughed out wiping soot from his face as he patted his Charmander saying something Lilliana didn't hear. "Your Marill really saved the day with that rain dance." He laughed and Lilliana giggled.

"Your welcome my parents taught my to always help people" She smiled happily scooping Aria up into her arms again. "I spent ages with Aria perfecting rain dance I'm glad it was able to help you" She giggled more excited at meeting a new person the first she's met on her journey.

"Mar! Marill Mar!" Aria chirped happily as Lilliana hugged her in her arms.

"Yes Aria you did a very good job" the young child giggled before looking at the boy in front of her "My names Lilliana. Do you want to play with me?" She jumped up and down in place giggling.​

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years
  • Veridian forrest: Repaying debts

"Do you want to play with me?" Lilliana giggled whilst bouncing with youthful energy. Delta sighed and grinned as Charmander began to look at him with innocent eyes. "Well my name is Delta, and it looks like I don't have a choice." Delta chuckled as he turned back to Lillian. "What is it you want to play miss." Delta replied smoothly hiding his embarrassment as well as he could. Delta glanced over at Riley who looked exhausted from their short lived training session. We could all use a bit of relaxation. Delta thought to himself as he watched Lilliana bounce with joy.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Pewter Museum
    Science!

Pewter City, Kanto. A stone gray city. It was a busy day there. Some Bug Catchers were stocking up on supplies at the PokéMart, while others were already making their way south to Viridian Forest. Some Trainers were getting in line to challenge the local Gym Leader, Brock, and some others were coming in and out of the Pokémon Center. Few other people were heading for another of the city's attraction, the Museum of Science. Among these few people was a blue-haired girl with a purple hoodie.

Danica wasted no time in entering and paying the small $50 fee. With a cold look on her face, she grabbed the ticket from the receptionists and casually walked inside. She was eager to challenge the Gym, but with only one Pokémon at her disposal and so many other trainers waiting for the challenge... She thought it would be a wiser thing toi drop by the museum. Perhaps she could learn a thing or two there, which couldn't kill anybody, right?

The girl made her way to the fossil collection. Hmmm... Interesting... she thought. Aerodactyl and Kabutops... They sure look like they were very powerful in their time. If only there was a way to bring them back to life and add them to my team... Fufufu... She smirked and accidentally let out a giggle, and clared her throat to snap back to her usual serious self. Careful. You don't want anyone to think you're some kind of Fossil thief, would you? she said to herself and walked away from the Fossil display. It was time to keep moving, and she made her way upstairs, where there was an exhibition about space.

The space display was less amusing to Danica, but it was still worth checking out. Plus, it wasn't as if she was in a rush or anything. She had plenty of time to kill, so she examined every item thoroughly. There was a huge chunk of meteorite, with a sign saying that it was a Moon Stone, found on Mt. Moon. Mt Moon... I heard these stones make some Pokémon evolve... I'll have to look for them when I get there. she thought, and moved on. The next item on display was a space shuttle. Many of the people there looked at it in awe, but to Danica it was just 'meh'. She looked at it for a couple seconds then made her way downstairs.

She walked over to a vending machine nearby and purchased some Soda Pop, which she proceeded to consume. She checked her watch. Not much time had passed, and she doubted that the Gym Leader would be free at that moment, so she casually took another sip and sighed.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Pewter City - On the road to home​

I could not believe. I had won! Brock extended his hand with the Boulder Badge. He handed it to me. "You deserved kid, but beware. Your simple tricks might not be enough when you fight the next gym." Oh i almost forgot! The next gym is on Cerulean, so that means... I was about to see again my family.

"Thanks Brock." I said as i gave him an handshake. I tried to figure out where to put my badge. On the badge case was overused. On scarf... For girls of course. On the Hat... i don't wanna ruin my style! I placed it inside of my jacket. It was cool enough.

As i left the Pokemon Gym, i heard a familiar voice.

"Hello loser! You were defeated at the gym?" S***! It was Gary Clark again! "If you lost its normal. You lose in everything! HA!"

"What you doing here?" I said with an angry face.

"I just wanted to see you losing on the gym!" He said.

"Shut up! I won the gym! Now let me pass!" I said but then he grabbed a pokeball.

"I just warn you. I will win you and you will be a loser forever! Wanna see?" He throws a pokeball, containing a Kadabra.

"Where did you got Kadabra?" I asked. I was really surprised about the Psychic Type Pokemon.

"I evolved it! And he is not the only one! I have a full team of 6 Pokemon!" I got surprised. "Kadabra lets go." He left to Route 3.

I start to run towards to Route 3. "Hey wait! I want my skateboard back!"

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Mauve Banzett
    Spoiler:

The Pewter Badge

"Well then... Onix cannot continue. Weepinbell is the victor, and so you win, Mauve. Come on back, Onix. You were terrific," Brock said, as the Rock Snake as ported back into it's Pokeball. Raze fell to it's side, still conscious, but very tired. Running up to it, Mauve scooped up his partner and gave him a big hug. "We did it, little friend! You were spectacular!" "B-Bell... Weepin... Bell...." Raze gave a half smile, looking up at Mauve. "Now, return. I'll take you and Huff 'n Puff to the Pokemon Center as possible." He smiled at the Weepinbell, as it returned. Standing up, he was met with Brock, handing him that shining badge.

"Here, this is the Pewter Badge. You deserve this." Mauve received the badge, and nodded. "Good luck on your ventures. Oh, and... with that pretty little lady," Brock said with another smug grin and a wink. Flustered again, Mauve hastily thanked the Gym Leader, and left the gym. Brock chuckled and smiled, then left to heal his own Pokemon as the double doors closed behind Mauve.

As Mauve entered the Pokemon Center, a friendly Nurse Joy had greeted him. "Hello there! Can I help you with anything?" "Yes, my Pokemon and I just battled the Gym Leader, and need to recover," Mauve replied, his two occupied Pokeballs in hand. "Absolutely! Just leave your Pokemon with me, and I'll treat them. There's a waiting area over there." The nurse pointed over to the left of her desk, next to a PC was a sitting area. Handing her the Pokeballs, Mauve thanked her, and she went with her Chansey to the treatment area. Mauve, slowly walking over to the seat, couldn't help but enjoy the air inside the Pokemon Center. He felt... a sense of relief he'd never known before. Sitting down, he took in the smell, and how the room was at the perfect temperature. Suddenly, he snapped himself out of his stupor, and held the Pewter Badge to eye level. It shined in the light, a mark of defeating the Pewter Gym.

He smirked, and pulled out a badge case he was holding in his black, vinyl messenger bag. It was a solid black color, and had a nice sheen to it. There was also a purple Pokeball design on the front. Inside, was a purple interior with slots that fit every badge in every region. "Eight badges... eight battles, tests of cunning, strength and team work... I look forward to the next one," Mauve thought to himself, as he clipped the first badge inside, and slid the badge case into his front pocket. Just then, the jingle that played when Nurse Joy was arriving with Pokemon was heard.

Mauve got up, and quickly walked up to the desk. Nurse Joy came through the door, and carried a tray with Mauve's Pokeballs. "Your Pokemon have been fully recovered, and there are no problems. Have you won your Gym battle?" Joy asked with curiosity. Mauve nodded. "Well, that's good to hear. Brock may be the lowest ranked Gym leader, but I assume you know he was not an easy win. I can tell your Pokemon depend and trust you." "Thank you, Nurse Joy. I try my hardest for my Pokemon." Joy nodded, and Mauve received the Pokeballs. He thanked her for her service, and left the center.

En Route in Route 3

"Alright, Huff'n Puff, let's try again!" Huff 'n Puff was battling a Raticate, which was putting up quite a fight. However,Mauve was not only trying to train his Koffing, but also try to teach him Toxic Spikes. "Alright, Huff 'n Puff! Toxic Spikes! The Koffing jerked and hiccuped, and with a big puff, dark purple spikes had spewed out of Koffing onto the field, sinking into the ground. Raticate looked around, but bared it's fangs again. Mauve jumped in excitement, Raze wiggling in joy. " Hoorah, you did it!" The Koffing and Mauve were so happy, they forgot about the Raticate lunging towards the Poison Gas Pokemon. With a smack, Koffing was hit with a Tackle attack, and hit Mauve square in the head. He fell back, and quickly shot up, shouting, "Ugh, get that rat with a Sludge attack!" The Koffing huffed, and spewed a sloppy Sludge attack at the Raticate, blinding the Mouse Pokemon. "Now, send that little rodent flying with a Tackle attack of your own!" "Koffiiing!" Huff 'n Puff slammed itself into Raticate, knocking it away.

Before Mauve gave Huff 'n Puff a big hug, he was met with an interesting sound. "Bal-toy, Bal-toy, Bal-toooooyyy..." He turned, and faced a wobbly Baltoy. "A Baltoy... Also known as the Clay Doll Pokemon. A very mysterious Ground and Psychic-type Pokemon that was supposedly created by man in ancient times... Interesting." Mauve grew a grin on his face, deciding he was gonna catch this Baltoy. Looking up at Mauve, Baltoy gave a quizzical look at the trainer. Raze looked down, and waved a leaf as a greeting. Baltoy wobbled and waved back. "Well... aren't you an interesting little guy. I'd definitely like to catch you. Huff 'n Puff, return." Mauve returned Koffing, and unclipped an empty Pokeball from his belt. Surprisingly, the Baltoy spun immediately into action. Taking a good distance, it looked like it was ready. "Well... this will be difficult. I only have two Poison-type Pokemon, while I'm trying to catch a partially Psychic-type. However... we're evenly matched." Mauve looked down, meeting Razes gaze. He nodded, and Raze unfurled it's vine off of its trainer, hopping to the front of Baltoy. "Let's begin."

Before Mauve made a move, the Baltoy used a Confsuion attack, its eyes glowing blue. "Bell... Weepin..." Raze was stuck, feeling as if he was being crushed by an unseen hand. "Raze, try using Razor Leaf!" Raze struggled, but flung a flurry of Razor Leaf attacks. However, Baltoy quickly switched gears from Confusion to Rapid Spin, knocking down the Razor Leaf and spun into Raze as well. "Well then... you're one heck of a Baltoy. Now, use Wrap attack!" Raze shot his vine at Baltoy, and trapped it in his vine, squeezing him more and more. Baltoy was indeed stuck, and tried to spin out of it. "Alright, now, let's try another Razor Leaf!" Raze unleashed a barrage of Razor Leaf attacks at the Baltoy, cutting through the Clay Doll while Wrap was still in effect. "We got it on the ropes now!" Mauve was holding the Pokeball tightly in his hand, wanting to throw it, but was more concerned with a more than likely catch.

Baltoy suddenly rose up slightly, and hit the ground, causing rocks to trap Raze. "Ah, a Rock Tomb attack! Clever little guy..." Raze's Wrap was done, and Baltoy spun away. "Raze, try using your Vine whip!" The Flycatcher whipped and whipped, but couldn't get out that easily. That's when Baltoys eyes had started to glow again. Mauve could hear Raze in pain. "Ugh... this isn't good... huh?" Suddenly, Raze seemed to... groan. Not in pain, but seemed to struggle with something. Baltoy stopped it's attack, and looked on in confusion. "Belllll... Weepin-BELL!" Raze had grown a bit, surprising both Mauve and the Baltoy. When Mauve tried to think what was happening, it hit him. "Raze, you suddenly learned Growth! You crafty Pokemon you! Now, break out with a Vine whip!"

Raze broke through the Rock Tomb, hitting the Baltoy with not only the rocks, but also with it's Vine Whip. Baltoy fell to the ground. However, after trying to get up... Baltoy had fainted. "Good show, Raze! Now..." Both Mauve and Raze looked at the fainted Baltoy. Holding up the Pokeball, he readied himself. "Now, Pokeball, go!" He chucked the ball, and hit Baltoy on its head. It was beamed into the Pokeball, and began rattling inside. It landed to the ground... still rattling....

Mauve and Raze looked in anticipation. One shake... Two shakes... Three shakes...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon]

Damien Welters
    008.png
    056.png
    023MS.png

Damien watched as the Pokéball shook a few times, Ekans trying to escape by popping the Pokéball from the inside. C'mon...stay in there for a few more seconds... After a brief moment, the ball stopped shaking, and made 'click' sound, indicating that the Pokéball was now locked, and Ekans had been captured. "Ha! You're mine!" Damien exclaimed, running up to the Pokéball and picked it up, looking at it. He took out his Pokédex, and opened up the application that allowed him to see what attacks his Pokémon knew. "It says here you know Bite, Wrap, Poison Sting and Acid..." Damien muttered. "Not bad, I guess." He nodded with satisfaction, as the next order of business came up in his head. Now I need to think of a name for you... After thinking for a little while, he finally came to the conclusion of a possible name. "I'm gonna call you Bell." He nodded to himself, remembering Ekans' tail, which reminded him of a rattle and a bell. He looked at the Pokédex once more, and a sudden look of surprise wept across Damien's face. Oh, it says here you're a girl?! Although it didn't matter, Damien did think that Bell seemed to be just a tad more masculine, so it would make sense he changed it up. "Let's go with Bella then. That seems alright." Damien nodded, putting the Pokéball back onto his belt, and returning his Wartortle as well.

~​

Walking further up the path, it was evident they were getting a bit higher in terms of altitude. Aside fro the usual boulders, he hadn't reached the point up the mountain where it was getting incredibly rocky. There was still plenty of trees, bushes and boulders nearby. Either this is one long route to Mt. Moon, or I'm going the wrong way. He sighed, walking over to a boulder sitting underneath a tree, a little off course from the main path. Taking off his backpack, he sat on a patch of grass and leaned against the boulder. He unzipped the bag took out a small bag, and opened it up to pull out a sandwich. All this walking was making him hungry, and when the tummy growled, he certainly couldn't say no.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• 015.png
    013.png

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Pewter City: Police Station → Pokemon Center

"Officer, I'm here to report a kidnapping."

"Okay," began the police officer with a serious look on her face. "I'll need the person's name, date of birth, height, wei-"

"No, you don't understand." Interrupted Anselme. "It's me." The officer looked at Anselme with a confused expression. "I was kidnapped."

The officer looked at Anselme for a moment, with his healthy Beedrill companion overhead, his massive hiking backpack, and earphones hanging from his shirt. "Well you seem fine now, so I'm not quite sure what you need." The officer didn't seem very happy with Anselme, probably thinking he was playing a prank or something.

Anselme groaned before pulling out the letter from Enzo which had been crumpled badly from the abuse inflicted upon it by Anselme in his rage after reading it. "See, I'm from Kalos and my damn brother used his stupid pokemon to put me to sleep before dumping me in that forest back there. I need help getting back 'cause the jerk didn't leave me any money."

The woman didn't seem to find the letter very believable, and when it became clear Anselme was asking for money she concluded he had to be a scam artist, and a very bad one at that. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Don't try to solicit money from the police again or we're going to have a problem." Anselme clenched his fist in frustration, but didn't say anything.

After a bit of thought over what he could say to convince this woman he wasn't lying, he decided he should just give up and try something else. At this point she probably wouldn't believe anything he said anyway. He sighed and loosened up a bit before speaking up again. "Okay, forget all of that. So I'm a novice pokemon trainer who needs some advice. How does a trainer make money? That's a harmless enough question, right?"

Only after countering with her own sigh, probably because Ansleme wouldn't leave, did she answer. "Aren't you a little old to be a novice? And even then, shouldn't you learn the basics before leaving home to traverse the wilderness and fight with powerful creatures?" Anselme conspicuously folded the letter from Enzo in front of the woman as he glared at her before jamming it into his pocket, but didn't say anything. "Fine, I guess it's a harmless enough question. Trainers battle, so it makes sense that that's how they make their living. You could find some trainers willing to bet their money, but since you don't have any yourself that won't work. Alternatively, you could challenge the gym leader, Brock. You'd get a reward for beating him along with the badge, although I'm not sure you'd do very well against him with a bug type."

While he didn't appreciate the woman's attitude, Anselme was glad to finally get some useful information. So his only option was to fight this Brock guy? He'd rather not. Maybe there were some odd jobs he could pick up instead. Well, it was good knowing that if that's what it came to, he could use stabbyhands over there to make some money. "Well thanks anyway," Anselme said to the policewoman, reaching for his earphones as he left the station.

Anselme wasn't sure where to go from here. Pewter City wasn't anywhere near as big as Lumiose, but it was still a full-on city as opposed to a town and thus decently big. As he wandered, he put in his earphones and pulled out a cigarette. ♫ There ain't no motive for this crime, Jenny was a friend of mine. ♫ Anselme tended to leave his music playing even if he took his earphones out, so the music resumed immediately once he put his earphones in. Sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to press pause, but there was something about not knowing what would be playing when he put those buds in again that he liked.

With a puff of smoke, Anselme realized that despite being in a completely different region that he knew nothing about, he felt right at home. Music in his ears, a cigarette in his mouth, and surrounded by people he didn't know or care about as he walked the city streets. There was one major difference, though, in the form of a very faint buzzing sound constantly overhead that he could barely hear over his music. He looked over his shoulder and realized that his Beedrill had distanced itself from him. It probably didn't like the smoke, so he returned it to its pokeball and continued on his way. People talked about how having pokemon changed their lives, but having one didn't really make Anselme feel any different.

In his wandering, Anselme passed a news stand where he considered buying a newspaper to look for work when he remembered he had no money so he was forced to move on. Damn Enzo, next time I see that bastard I'll kill him. He wasn't really going to kill him, but he wasn't going to forgive this either. Eventually he stumbled upon a pokemon center. While he never had pokemon before to bring to a center, he still visited them whenever he wanted to sit down for a bit on the walk home or for the handful of times he needed to use the free video phones. Suddenly, something occurred to him and he rushed inside, making sure to step on what remained of his latest cigarette before entering.

Anselme made a beeline for the videophones which he found fairly easily despite the different layout than the Kalos pokemon centers, but he was stopped when the nurse at the counter called out to him. "Sir?" he managed to hear her say through his music. He sighed and pulled his earphones out as he walked up to the counter. "Is your name Anselme Ducreux, by any chance?"

Anselme had to raise an eyebrow at this. "Yeah, that's me," he answered a bit apprehensively.

"There was a package left here for you. He gave us your description and said you'd be coming soon to pick it up." She pulled up a small box from under the counter and handed it to Anselme. "Here you go. We checked the contents just to be sure, and it looks like you're really going to need this."

"Hold on," Anselme said, not quite taking the box yet. "You said he. Did the guy who left this happen to look sort of like me but tanner, buffer, and with ridiculously expensive clothes?" She nodded and Anselme's face instantly contorted with disgust as if he suddenly walked into a sewer, leaving the nurse a bit puzzled. He stared at the box for a few more moments before finally taking it. "Sorry about that, and thanks. And a warning, that guy might look all nice and cool, but he's a total *******." With that, he retreated to a nearby couch and warily opened the box.

The nurse was right when she said he would really need it. Inside was his wallet, which drew a sigh of relief from him, and a pair of devices. One of them looked like a flip phone but considering how it was really thick and covered with pokeball symbols there was probably more to it than that. The other was a tablet-like thing Ansleme easily recognized because of the way Enzo showed his own off every chance he got all those years ago. A pokedex, or the Kalos version, at least. Putting it aside, Anselme flipped open the phone thing and saw that it was indeed a phone, in part at least, when he saw a number already dialed in and ready to be called. He knew exactly who the number belonged to and called it eagerly.

The dial tone played. "Hey, bro! You made it out of Viridian Forest sooner than I expected! How's th-"

"NO!" Interrupted Anselme. As he thought, it was Enzo's number, and he had a mountain of things to say. "You drug me and dump me in a damn forest in ANOTHER REGION THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY, and when I finally make it out of that goddamn forest you have the nerve to just go 'hey bro'? NO!" Anselme's screaming drew the gaze of just about every single person in the pokemon center, but he didn't care. To him, it was just him and Enzo. "I finally build up the goddamn nerve to swallow my goddamn pride and ask you for your goddamn help and THIS IS WHAT I GET? WHAT THE HELL?! I thought you'd put in a good word for me at a good job or maybe loan me some money, not take away what little I have in my miserable life that I can call my own... ****... I just... what the hell, man?"

After a brief moment of silence, Enzo's voice came back through the speaker. "Are you done?" Was all that he said.

"Like hell I'm done!" Despite this, Anselme couldn't quite find the words to say anything else. He'd just blurted out that last part without thinking, and now he wasn't sure how to continue. Sure he was still angry as hell, but... He called with this massive list of things he wanted to complain about in mind, but now he realized that none of those things mattered to him nearly as much as the real issue; his feelings of betrayal. What the hell... And here I was ready to kill the guy just a few minutes ago... After another pause he simply sighed and said, "Yeah, I'm done."

The way Enzo continued was unexpected. "Do you remember how much of a brat I was when we were little kids?"

"God, how could I forget?" Answered Anselme as he put his palm to his forehead. "What, are you going to tell me how the 'magic' of a pokemon journey fixed you and that's why you put me here?"

"Yeah. It seems so simple from the outside; collect the badges and battle in the league. But you get exposed to so many different kinds of people, make friends, enemies, rivals, and maybe something more, that I think it's impossible not to change unless you're trying really, really hard. And along the whole way, there are those pokemon you take care of who all have minds of their own. You might even catch some you don't get along with. But when push comes to shove you're still their trainer and like you've taken care of them, they'll take care of you." Enzo falls silent, probably lost in nostalgia. "You'll learn a lot about yourself from the people you meet, and it'll help you grow as a person. And it's your pokemon who will keep you from falling while you work towards that." Enzo sighed. "Sorry, I don't think that actually made any sense. I'm good with pokemon, not words. But I hope you get where I'm coming from, at least.

"I got the gist of it. Don't really believe it, but I know you do."

There was another short pause before Enzo continued. "That thing I gave you that you're calling me on is called a pokegear. Sylph Co. makes them. You already know it has a phone in it, but it also has a clock, map, radio, and even a tracker." Yet another pause. Neither of them were really very used to talking civilly with each other for this long, but it wasn't like Anselme could kick Enzo out like he usually did. "Don't worry about home. I'm paying your flat's rent and I've made a deal with the hotel. But you know, if you ever decide you really want to quit, you can just give me a call and I'll come pick you up."

"Hell no! After this insane stunt I'm never asking you for help again! Don't forget that I'm still pissed at you. I'll get back on my own. Stabbyhands was yours, so it's probably super tough. I'll just whoop some kids, take their money, and be on the first ship to Kalos I can find. Easy."

"...Stabby hands? That's what you named her?"

"I'm not going to ask how you can tell it's a girl. Instead I'm going to hang up because I'm tired of talking to you." It sounded like Enzo was about to say something else, but Anselme simply closed the pokegear. For a minute, all he could do was stare at the pokegear trying to make something of that conversation. He gave up rather quickly though and got up, leaving the pokemon center with all eyes still on him, not that he cared. Once outside, the first thing he did was put in his earphones and light a cigarette as he thought, I really hope there's a bar nearby...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    4e0bd1b7-025a-403c-b032-9a64884e391c_zpsab793ac6.png

229.gif
    016.gif

Ruby Cosgrove - Pewter City - Her First Gym Battle
    Ruby lost track of how much time she had spent waiting for her turn to come to finally face Brock. As stated before, Ruby was not a professional Pokémon trainer. However, Ruby did have an ingrained image in her head about what to expect of Gym Leaders. She imagined that they would be strong and serious. She figured that they would have that certain air about them that would intimidate anyone who happened to come across them, one that would demand a certain amount of respect and awe. Brock... was not any of this.

Maybe it was because he was mostly her age. Perhaps it had a bit to deal with the fact that he wore a genuine smile on his face.

"Well, you're the lovely lady that's been waiting for your turn to battle me," the gym leader said, his eyes looking up and down at Ruby as if he was inspecting her like she was some sort of doll. A small nod of satisfaction followed this as he placed his hand on his chin. "Yes, yes. I can see why he was so distracted. Perhaps we should postpone this match and catch an early lunch, just the two of us?"

Then again, perhaps the main reason was because the man was flirting with her rather than looking prepared to take on a challenger to his gym. Sadly for him, Ruby did not feel exactly swooned from Brock's behavior. In fact, she found it greatly embarrassing rather than anything else. Fang on the other hand, looked a tad bit annoyed at Brock. The Houndoor sending a rather nasty glare in the gym leader's direction as he growled. Despite it all, Ruby knew that she had business to attend to and there was no point in putting it off anymore than she needed to. Ruby calmly cleared her throat, making an attempt to try and gain the gym leader's attention properly.

"As nice as that sounds, I'm afraid I had a rather filling breakfast and I'm not exactly in the mood for a meal at the moment," Ruby eventually responded. She gently reached down and began to pat Fang on his head, quickly quieting the Houndoom. "In fact, I think the other visitors to your gym might be more than a bit disappointed if they found you stepped out to run about town with little ol' me. Besides, I was honestly looking forward to a battle myself... that is, unless you're too busy at the moment?"

Ruby made a small, pouty-motion with her lips, which caused a faint blush to quickly work its way towards Brock's cheeks. The gym leader seemed hesitant for a moment, almost as if he was at a loss for words at just how to respond to Ruby's comment. Sooner or later, Brock regained his composure with a quick nod and a sigh.

"I guess you're right. Sometimes being a gym leader is so hard, but responsibilities always should come before desires I suppose," he said. He glanced over at Ruby, taking note of the Houndoom by her side and then the Pokéball worn on a ribbon tied around her upper left arm. "Tell me, is this your first gym battle?"

Ruby nodded. "That's right. I just came to the Kanto region not long ago, and I was told that this was a good starting place."

"I see," Brock replied, rubbing the back of his head as he spoke. "Usually all of our challengers were fledgling trainers no older than 10 or 12 years old... I guess those days are long gone now... Still, I accept your challenge. The match will be a two on two battle with the prize being a Boulder Badge. Do you accept?"

"Of course," Ruby answered, feeling that nervous sensation in the pit of her stomach returning once more.

With a loud, echoing click the lights in the gym clicked on overhead to reveal just how unique the room that Ruby and Brock were standing in. The gym revealed itself revealed it to be a rather mountainous looking area. In fact, if Ruby had not known any better she would have sworn that she and Brock were standing inside of an actual cave. A part of the young woman wondered if all the gyms were like this or if Brock was just a bit on the eccentric side. Regardless, it was time for the battle to finally begin.

Taking a ball off from around his belt, Brock tossed it out on to the gym floor with a smirk. "Let's go, Lairon! You're up first!"

The Pokéball bounced on the ground before opening up and shooting out a strange, four-legged creature. It looked to resemble some sort of bull or something out of the dinosaur age. The only difference was the fact that it had the shine of what appeared to be armor or steel covering chunks of its body. It was definitely a bit on the meaty side, and looked like it could take more than its fair share of hits.

"Something tells me sending out Juliet first would not be in her or my own best interest. Looks like I'll have to change my plans around to match this," Ruby thought with a frown. She glanced down to her side, her eyes locking with those of her faithful Houndoom. She gave the dog Pokémon a small smile and nod. "Alright Fang, you're gonna lead this charge. Are you ready?"

The Houndoom barked in response and quickly ran out to take his spot in the gym. The two Pokémon stared each other down, each one looking like they were quite excited for the battle at hand. Ruby had to admit the whole situation was actually quite exciting, despite being nerve-wracking at the same time.

"Ready...?" Brock called out, earning a quick nod from the young woman. "Then let this match begin!"

Now, Ruby was no stranger to battling. While the young woman was not the most experienced at Pokémon battles, she had fought against enough wild Pokémon along the way to Pewter City to at least have a basic grasp of the concept. Steeling her nerves as best she could, Ruby clenched her fists and issued out her first command for the battle.

"Fang, Flame Charge!" Ruby shouted out.

The Houndoom barked loudly in response and began charging towards Brock's Lairon as fast as his paws would carry him. As Fang ran, his body began to become engulfed in flames until he almost resembled a comet preparing to slam into the Lairon. However, Brock remained perfectly calm as this attack began. A small smirk graced the gym leader's lips as Fang neared the target.

"Lairon, dodge it with Dig!" Brock shouted.

The Lairon let out a mighty roar before suddenly starting to spin around. Quickly, the heavy Pokémon began to burrow its way underground, just barely managing to dodge Fang's attack in time. The Houndoom skidded to a stop, a look of confusion quickly making its way to his face as he began to search around for his opponent. His ears perked up at the sound of a rumble which began to slowly get louder with each passing moment. The ground beneath the Houndoom began to quake, causing Fang to let out a small whimper. Ruby's eyes went wide at the urgent situation she and Fang already found themselves in.

"Fang, quick jump back!" the young woman tried to command.

However, her order came a bit too late. At that exact moment, Brock's Lairon came bursting up from the ground from underneath Fang! The Houndoom let out a yelp of mixed pain and surprise as rocks and dirt launched him up into the air and then he fell back to the ground with a rather painful-looking thud. Ruby held her breath as Fang slowly managed to climb up to his feet. His legs seemed a bit shaky at first, but the Houndoom managed to regain his balance and return to being battle-ready once more.

"I can honestly say I wasn't expecting something that big to be that quick. Going with a frontal assault isn't going to be the answer for this problem," Ruby thought with a frown. "We'll have to use speed to out move this thing... I think I can work with that, too."

Turning her attention back to the battlefield, Ruby glanced from her Houndoom and then over to Brock. She wondered what the chances of this plan of attack actually working was. Then again, she knew the only to find out was to try.

"Alright, Fang! We're gonna charge on forward again! Flame Charge!" Ruby ordered.

The Houndoom barked back in response and once more began to charge forward. Brock watched with the same confident smile as Fang dashed forward, glancing down to his Lairon with a quick nod.

"Alright, Lairon! Attack it back with Headbutt!" the gym leader commanded.

Lairon let out another loud roar and began to charge forward as told. The large Pokémon lowered its head as it ran forward, causing the light to reflect and shine of its metal-covered head. Ruby could tell just from the look of it that getting hit by something that hard was probably not in Fang's best interest. Ruby kept her eyes glued to the situation before her. She watched as both of the Pokémon neared each other, before her eyes suddenly lit up when the right moment presented itself.

"Now, Fang! Dodge off to the side and give it a chomp with Fire Fang!" the girl shouted.

Brock's eyes went wide with surprise as Fang nimbly obeyed his trainer's command. The Houndoor rolled off to the side right before Lairon would have slammed his steel-covered head into the dog Pokémon and promptly bit its fangs right into the Lairon's backside. Steam and smoke began to emit from the bite, causing Lairon to thrash about in an attempt to shake the Houndoom off of its body. Fang did eventually release the bite and then jumped back and kept his eyes focused on the now clearly angry Lairon.

"Shake it off Lairon, we can do this!" Brock shouted. "Use Mudslap, now!"

Lairon quickly followed its new orders and slammed its tail into the dirt and mud on the battlefield. The dirt and mud flew up, smacking Fang right in the eyes, causing the Houndoom to let out a yelp of surprise. Brock did not waste a moment of this opportunity, however. He quickly ordered his Lairon to attack with another Headbutt. Lairon began to charge forward once more, its head lowering down as he neared its target.

"Fang! You have to dodge it now! Roll off to the side and use another Fire Fang!" Ruby shouted.

The Houndoom looked around, his paw swiping at the dirt and mud that covered his eyes in an attempt to regain some of his eyesight. The Fire-type was not quick enough however, and Lairon soon slammed his head right into the Houndoom. Fang let out a painful yelp as he flew back, before landing roughly in the dirt and skidding back towards Ruby. The woman watched with baited breath as somehow, someway the Houndoom managed to pick himself back up once more. She could tell that one more solid hit like that would probably be more than enough to knock Fang out for the remainder of the battle.

"Lairon, one more Headbutt!" Brock shouted.

Lairon charged forward once again. Once again, it lowered its head as it did so. Ruby watched with wide eyes as Fang was still attempting to get the dirt and mud out of his eyes, but to little to no avail.

"There's only one chance left... Fang, use Roar!" Ruby called out.

Fang gritted his teeth. The Houndoom pulled his head back as the Lairon charged forward, before suddenly snapping his jaws wide open and unleashing his next attack. However, rather than a loud, terrifying roar to send Lairon charging back towards Brock... a blast of hot, powerful fire came charging out of the Houndoom's mouth! Brock and Ruby both watched in surprise as Lairon crashed into the flames, its charge beginning to slowdown as it began to battle against the force of the flames being shot from Fang's mouth. Both trainers were absolutely silent Lairon's charge gradually came to a stop, before the large Pokémon crashed to the ground and fainted on the spot. Fang let out a small bark of victory, before his shaky legs finally gave out from under him. It looked as if the Houndoom was down and out of the battle as well. It was Brock who finally broke the silence, as he pulled out Lairon's Pokéball and recalled the creature.

"I have to admit, that last attack surprised me," Brock began. "I never expected a Flamethrower to be used when you commanded your Houndoom to use Roar."

"That makes two of us," Ruby replied quickly, calling back Fang at that point as well. She glanced down at his ball, smiling softly at it as she thanked the Houndoom for a battle well fought. "He doesn't even know Flamethrower... At least, he didn't."

Brock began to laugh at that point. "Well, it looks like he picked a fine time to learn it. But I hope you're ready... 'Cause this next match is for all the marbles." Brock pulled out a second Pokéball and quickly tossed it out onto the gym floor. "Archen! You're up!"

Ruby watched as the Pokémon to emerge from the light of the ball was something she was not quite expecting. Of all the possible things it could have been, it was a bird. She could have sworn that Brock was a user of Rock-types... but then again upon further inspection, it did look as if the bird's beak was made of rock. Brock could see the curious look on Ruby's face and smiled.

"Believe it or not, this Pokémon is actually extinct. The museum here in town was able to extract and revive it from a fossil I happened to come across one day while exploring in Mt. Moon," Brock explained.

A somewhat skeptical look took Ruby's features. "Is that actually possible?"

"I... can't really explain it myself either," Brock admitted, an embarrassed blush creeping up on his cheeks. "I'm not much of a science guy, just... trust me on this one, okay?"

Ruby nodded and hooked Fang's ball back onto the ribbon tied around her upper left arm. The woman then took the only other ball hooked onto that ribbon, looking down at it nervously. She really did not know just how well Juliet would do in a battle such as this. She knew that the Pidgey was no where near as strong as Fang... still, she was all that Ruby had left. The woman knew she had to put her faith into the tiny bird and hope that she would come out on top.

"Alright, Juliet! Your turn!" Ruby called out, tossing out the Pidgey's Pokéball out into the gym.

Juliet flapped her little wings, chirping happily as she looked back at her trainer. The Pidgey then turned to look over at her opponent, her eyes locking with those of Brock's Archen. For one moment, Ruby could have sworn that she saw Archen laughing at Juliet while the bird suddenly shuddered in a somewhat nervous fashion, almost as if she was terrified at the fact she was about to be called into battle.

"Alright, Archen! Let's start off with a Wing Attack!" Brock shouted.

Archen let out a loud squawk and took of flying towards Ruby's Pidgey. Juliet suddenly let out a loud chirp of fear and quickly took off flying away from the prehistoric bird Pokémon. Ruby was almost speechless, staring in wonder at how her Pidgey was fleeing in fear at the Archen. Archen was right on her tail the whole way though, and the fossil-bird took a quick swing at Juliet with its wing. By somehow or another, the attack managed to just barely miss Juliet. Yet despite it all, Juliet was still flying away from the Archen.

"Come on, Juliet! You can't just keep running from it! Attack it back with a Quick Attack!" Ruby shouted.

The Pidgey glanced down, looking somewhat unsure of her trainer's command. However, Ruby gave the Pidgey a reassuring nod. Juliet still looked hesitant, but the Pidgey still followed through as she was told. She quickly dived down, aiming her small beak towards the Archen as quickly as she could.

"Archen! Use Rock Throw!" Brock shouted.

Archen squawked in response and quickly flew towards the ground. Juliet was hot Archen's tail and was gaining speed by the moment. Archen quickly scooped up a sizable rock in its talons. With another loud squawk, Archen launched the rock up at Juliet. Ruby watched with wide eyes as the rock slammed into her still-diving Pidgey. Juliet let out a loud, pain-filled chirp as she fell back and began spiraling towards the ground. Ruby cursed under her breath, berating herself for ever allowing Juliet to take place in the battle to begin with. Tossing everything aside for the moment, Ruby quickly ran from her place on the side of the gym and ran out onto the floor. The woman dove, skidding to a stop on her knees... and just barely managed to catch the Pidgey in arms.

"Juliet...?" Ruby whispered, glancing down at the bird in her arms. The Pidgey was not moving though. Slowly, Ruby shook the Pidgey gently, earning herself a weak, tired chirp before fainting in her arms. Ruby smiled weakly, sighing in relief that Juliet was not fatally hurt. "I'm so sorry, Juliet..."

Slowly, Ruby glanced up at Brock. Both of her Pokémon had fainted... she lost.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Emerald - Route 3 - Rat attack​

Damn it! I lost him again.

At least i was on my way to Cerulean. Now i remember, i need to ask Bill about the Pokemon that i saw when i was younger.

But now i was seeing something interesting. Gary Clark was a victim of a horde of like 50 Raticates. I tried to not laugh but then 2 Raticates appeared. I was so screwed because one of them warned all the group.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well i am seeing you being attacked." I said.

"Good thing you like to see me at this situation... Because you are next!" He shouted.

"What do you suggest to do?" I said to him. "Oh and i want my skateboard back!"

"Forget the f****** skateboard and hear me! When i say 3 we run! Understood?" I nodded to his idea.

"1, 2... 3!!!!!!" He shouted and then we started to run the faster we could. 50 Raticates were after us. "Why i tried to catch the leader?" He sighed. As i heard him i get mad.

"Then this is your fault! If i die, on my grave will be written: F*** you Gary Clark!" I shouted at him.

"No worries! If i die, will be written on my grave: Gelius is a little loser!" He said as he laughed.

We kept running for 10 minutes until i found someone. One trainer, maybe he was strong enough to help me. "Yo trainer! Help me! We have a whole horde chasing us!"

"Be man and fight! Croconaw, Kadabra and Pidgeotto lets fight!" Gary Clark sent out his pokemon. Kadabra, Croconaw and Pidgeotto are pretty good Pokemon.

If he is going to fight then i am going too. I bring out all my Pokemon. Sludges, Bubbles and Leaf came out. I was waiting for help.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Mauve Banzett
    Spoiler:

A Warm, Wobbly Welcome​

And with a click, Mauve's Pokeball clicked, and rested on the grassy ground. Mauve slowly made his way, and picked up the Pokeball. Raze hopped closely behind, looking up at his new teammate. "Well... we did it. We caught ourselves a Baltoy," Mauve said with a smile, as he patted Raze. The Weepinbell smiled back, and waved its leaves in approval. "But, we need to fix up both you and our new member. Alright then, Baltoy and Huff 'n Puff, come on out!" Mauve lightly tossed the other two occupied Pokeballs he had. His smiling Koffing gave a hearty call, and Baltoy dizzily spun around. Sitting down against a boulder, and caught the tired Baltoy. Raze and Huff 'n Puff rested along either side of their trainer. Raze and Huff 'n Puff welcomed the Baltoy with warm greetings. "Welcome to the family, little one. I'll take care of you." Mauve's gentle smile comforted the Baltoy, allowing Mauve to reach into his bag for his supplies. Digging around, he pulled out his notes, and a super potion. He also pulled out a Sitrus Berry to feed Baltoy. "Bal... Baltoy?" The Clay Doll Pokemon tilted it's head in confusion.

"Ah, yes. I'll heal you myself. It's a little tradition, I suppose.... After I catch a new Pokemon, I treat them myself." He carefully aimed, and sprayed the Super Potion on Baltoy. It only flinched a bit, but felt fine in seconds. "Here's another part of my tradition... a gift, for you," Mauve held the Sitrus berry before Baltoy. Looking over, Baltoy was met with a nod from Raze. It accepted Mauve's gift, and ate at it with a steady pace. "Bal... Bal-toy!" It happily ate the berry, and wobbled around in front of it's new family. Mauve, however, was thinking deeply about something.

"Hmm... what should I name you, little one?" Mauve said aloud to the wobbly Baltoy. "Maybe... oh, I know! How about Jinzo?" The Baltoy stopped in place, and looked up at him. It nodded, and hopped up and down in approval. "Then Jinzo it is!" Both Huff 'n Puff and Jinzo spun and bumped into each other, Raze sitting closely with Mauve and enjoying the two just as much as Mauve was.

"Alright, Jinzo, Huff 'n Puff, return!" It's been a while since Mauve caught Jinzo, as he decided to let he and his Pokemon rest and relax after their recent battles. After the two returned to their Pokeballs, Mauve and Raze set off through Route 3 to get to Mt. Moon. "There should be a center near the entrance of Mt. Moon. I can have all three of you checked up on before we proceed. Though, with our team now, we can manage quite well. Wouldn't you say, Raze?" "Beeelllll!" The Weepinbell cried in approval. As Mauve and Raze walked through the mountainous path, he seemed to have something on his mind, turning around to the path behind him every few minutes.

"Bell... Weepin?" Mauve's attention was grabbed by Raze's wiggling and fluttering. "Sorry, partner. I was thinking of that woman we met at the Pewter Gym. Ruby, I'm sure... I wonder how she'll fare against Brock." Mauve thought hard about going back, to see if Ruby needed help. But, he shook his head in protest. Mauve needed to stay focused, and keep moving. Though he'd like to chat with her more often, he couldn't slow both her and himself. After one final look, Mauve rubbed his eyes, and continued through the path.

Both Mauve and Raze remained silent as they ventured towards the entrance of Mt. Moon.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Pewter City
    You Shall Not Pass!

Having had enough of throwing away precious seconds of her life, Danica finished her can of Soda Pop and exited the museum. Nothing seemed to have changed outside. She went over to the Gym, hoping that the Gym Leader would be more available for a battle. But as something inside told her that he wasn't, she decided to instead go at a slow pace and enjoy the walk. The mountain air was clean, and the weather was pleasant, so why not?

She could see many people heading east of town. She pulled out her Pokégear and checked the Map App. East of Pewter City is Route 3, which leads to... When she saw the place she couldn't help but smirk. Mt. Moon! Awesome! I'll be more than sure to find a Moon Stone there! And I could get my hands on an awesome Pokémon... Another giggle escaped her mouth, but this time she didn't bother to conceal it.

She decided to head east. Brock can wait. First, I'll go look for some more Pokémon, and a Moon Stone! She walked at a hasty pace towards the mountain area, when all of a sudden a blonde-haired guy pulled her arm. "HEY! WHAT THE-" she screamed.

"Sorry, miss." the guy said, "But I'm afraid I can't let you any further."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes." he said, "By the looks of you, you appear to be a rookie trainer. I don't think you could make it past this area."

Danica gritted her teeth in response, and was about to challenge this guy to a battle, and reached for a Pokéball on her hoodie's pocket. "I'll show you! Curtis, come out!" she said, throwing it in the air. Out of it came... a Ralts. It didn't look particularly strong. The boy sighed. "Alright. Beedrill, go!"

Bee...Beedrill?

The guy's Beedrill brought a blank look to Danica's face. She shuddered, and her face turned pale. Curtis caught a huge wave of negativity from his trainer, and began to feel uneasy as well. "Miss...are you...are you okay?"

"C-Curtis...use...use Disarming Voice!"

"Beedrill, Twineedle!"

Although Curtis' attack dealt some damage to its foe, he had a hard time enduring the Bug-type's jabs. The blonde trainer saw that Danica was clearly unwell and once again asked, "Miss! Are you alright?"

"Curtis, Disarming Voice, one more time!"

"Sigh... What a weird girl... Beedrill, Fury Attack! Go!"

Beedrill, this time, hit faster, and although he couldn't avoid being hurt by the Ralts' move, the repeated attacks from it were too much for the Psychic-type to handle and it ended up fainting. "Beedrill, return." he said and approched the girl, "What's with you?"

"S-Stay away!" she shouted.

"Look, I don't know what's gotten into ya, but if you couldn't defeat me, I doubt you'll be able to make it past Route 3. My Beedrill has trouble battling the wild Pokémon there!" Danica looked at the guy with a mix of fear and anger in her eyes. "Tell ya what, if you show me the Boulder Badge, I'll let you pass! Brock's tougher than me, so if you beat him, you'll be able to hold your own in this area."

Danica grunted. Without a word, she returned Curtis to the Pokéball and ran away from the blonde guy, but not before glaring at him. The guy, in response, cratched his head in confusion. What a weird girl indeed..."

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years

• Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
    Viridian Forest
    "And Then There Were Three"

The girl didn't reply to Sigur's demand with words, but that was all fine and dandy with him; the important part was that she did what he'd wanted, and without a moment spent in waste; she ordered her teensy grass reptile to attack. And, much to Sigur's surprise, it actually could do more than just roll helplessly on its back; it shot some kind of weird seeds towards the pesky rodents, effectively knocking some of them out of the game. Woah, there. Seed... Bomb, was it? Well, at least the name fit the deal and all. So then, what could have been the name of the attack Bál used before? 'Dig-a-hole'? ... He really needed a dictionary for this.

Bál wasn't as impressed by the grass Pokémon's performance as her trainer was however, and merely cocked her head to show her indifference. Then, with her claws glowing an eerie color, she rushed towards the Pikachu, showing off her own moves by slashing across a few of them. 'Glow Claw Attack'? He gave up.

Just when Sigur had started to calm from his momentary state of panic a little, a Pikachu suddenly burst from a nearby bush, only to get swiftly bitten by a brown fox that appeared just as much out of nowhere as the mouse had. The hell, these things just kept popping up, didn't they?! Well, at least it seemed like the fox and the turtle managed to do some pretty cool teamwork maneuvers - well, until the Eevee suddenly looked... not well? Sigur raised his brows and tried to peek at what the girl was doing when she ran up to her Pokémon. It wasn't that he particularly cared, but now that Bál was next to him kicking Pikachu ass left and right, he didn't feel he was in trouble anymore. So, he might as well be a bit nosy.

From where Sigur was standing, it looked like whatever she fed the fox made it all better again, for... some reason? The hell, he wanted some of that crap for himself. Goodbye, neck pains and sore feet. He was just about to take a step closer and ask her if she had some more of whatever drug she'd shoved in the Pokémon's mouth, when he received a rather sudden reminder that they were not quite safe yet; out of nowhere (seriously, couldn't any of these assholes knock?) some more Pikachu surrounded the turtle, and for whatever reason he couldn't fathom, the little runt of a girl got up and jumped in the way. Yeah, that was real smart. Possibly heart-stopping electricity always did scream 'come here'.

"Are you serious?" Sigur groaned at that point, surprised and, ironically enough, shocked. "You're gonna get your sorry little ass roasted, genius!"

Well, she kinda already did. Shit, this was bad. She was clearly in pain, and the Pikachu were still surrounding her. Bál could help, but the chance of her not slashing her a third eye in the middle of her forehead by accident was really slim, and he was most definitely not risking his behind, and-

Aaaand then another surprise followed. This one was a more favorable kind, though.

"Momo, use Mach Punch!"

Yeah, the surprise came with a shout, followed by a very freaking ear-gritting cry from what appeared to be a monkey on steroids leaping into the scene and punching out one of the Pikachu - quite literally. A girl followed soon after the monkey's arrival, immediately running to the other pipsqueak to check (and ask) if she was okay.

"She was just shocked by one of those rapid-ass rats," Sigur commented dryly at her question. "Whaddya think?"

Regardless, her arrival had kinda bailed them outta trouble, just like the first girl had bailed him outta it earlier. Damn it, his day so far consisted of getting rescued by teenage chicks - and one female dragon that didn't listen to a word he said. Amazing. He sure was getting a wonderful start to his epic journey of animal abuse. Well, at least Bál was having fun. And, well, the plethora of Pikachu that had surrounded them earlier had been reduced to a measly two at this point. One of them was just your average, run-off-the-mill variety of crazy rodent, but the other looked... weird. It had scars and a bandanna of some sort, for whatever reason. Had it ran away from a trainer, or did it just suffer from a pretty damn bad fashion sense? Well, whatever.

"Alright, we'll take it from here," Sigur mumbled, hands in his pockets now as he nodded towards Bál. He had to at least be the one to deal the finishing blow to these things to attempt to regain some dignity and respect here, right? "Alright, use... the... the thing where you do some **** with your claws."

Bál rolled her eyes, but kicked off the ground to go for a Dragon Claw attack regardless. Both claws glowing, she sunk one claw into both of the two's heads, immediately knocking out the regular Pikachu and leaving the other one stammering on all fours, bruised and barely conscious but seemingly twice as angry as before. Tch.

"Oh come on, finish it!" Sigur groaned, and after quickly turning to throw a glare at him, Bál readied her claws to do just that.

-------------

Pokémon on Hand

444f.gif

Bál,
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moveset:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Body Slam
    - Dig
    - Sandstorm
    - Hone Claws

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Vernita Glade Adventures
    387.gif
    133.gif
    A New Figure
    ~Viridian Forest~

The electrical shock came fast and Vernita still gritted her teeth, trying to make herself resist the pain. She tries her hardest to be stoic, but she then sees dark spots moving across her, making the pain stronger. This is all over for me, Vernita thought. Those Pikachu must have us completely surrounded. There-

Her thoughts were cut off as she felt that the shocks didn't come. At first she thought it was because they wanted to finish her off slowly, but then she heard a voice.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked Vernita.

Vernita still tried to recover her energy, although she knows this had affected her greatly. But where was the boy with his Gabite? As if to answer her question, the boy suddenly spoke.

"She was just shocked by one of those rapid-ass rats," he said too dry. "Whaddya think?"

Vernita felt like correcting the boy, for these were Pikachu. Now that she thinks about it, weren't Pikachu rare to be found in Viridian Forest? Why are they banding together? Did something awful happened? Vernita still didn't like his attitude, after all, whoever the girl was came to their rescue. She opened her eyes and saw the boy's Gabite, a Monferno, her Eevee and Turtwig finish off the Pikachu until two remained: a regular Pikachu and the other one from earlier that attacked Eevee. It looked pretty ruthless, it's eyes staring cold instead of cowering. The other one was probably there to support the bandana Pikachu. She turned away from that and looked towards the girl that had helped them.

She looked younger than Vernita and the boy, but her pokemon must be that Monferno, and it sure came in handy. She had some sort of reddish magenta hair, and she had those young, yet dark eyes. Now that Vernita thinks about it, she is sort of her height. Just great, she thought. Another person younger than me that's taller. She pushed the thought aside and decided to get up. It had hurt a lot, especially her arms, but she managed to stand up and stay that way without falling. She winced a bit, but Vernita felt fine, or at least she was convincing herself this. Truth be told, she felt like crap. But she did promise her brother that today she was getting her badge from Brock. And she planned on that happening, no matter what.

"I'm fine now," she said. "But now-"

Vernita turned from the girl to the boy to the remaining Pikachu. She gave a challenging look to the scarred Pikachu, and it gladly return a stone stare. The other Pikachu looked like it wanted to bail out, seeing that not only they were alone but clearly outnumbered. The weird looking Pikachu started to gain static from its cheeks, and for a second it looked like he was going to charge at the group. At the last second though, it back down and in unison, they both retreated beyond the bushes. Turtwig started to go after them, but Vernita spoke.

"Just leave them. We probably did more damage than they expected," she said peacefully to her Turtwig.

Then both Eevee and Turtwig got close to Vernita, and she turned to the other trainers. She might as well get to know their names, since they had all saved her skin.

"What's your name? Might as well get to know each other."

Vernita tried to not think how she looked like right now, mainly because it didn't matter.

"I'm Vernita."

Her thoughts then wandered to the attack. Why did the Pikachu strike as one? What did they want anyway? But it was clear enough that no one was getting answers today, and Vernita might as well not dwell on that. She waited for the others to say their names, if they were up to it.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Danica Chandler
    Pewter Gym
    Boulder Badge Battle Begins!

It took the whole walk from the east exit of Pewter City to the Pokémon Center, and from there to Brock's Gym to get Danica to calm down. She thought of things like "Why didn't I use Confusion? That Beedrill would've been gone in no time and I'd be in Mt. Moon getting some Moon Stones... And maybe some fossils, too! Gah!" and more related thoughts, beating herself up in her own mind. But soon came the time to regain her senses, for she was before a huge rocky building that had the word "GYM" above the door. Surprisingly, there was nobody else in line, so she took a deep breath and entered.

There were few electrical lights at the Gym, with the Leader apparently preferring to let the natural sunlight illuminate the Gym instead. And it was all decorated with boulders and rocks. There were also two statues, each with an inscription that said: "PEWTER CITY POKÉMON GYM - LEADER: BROCK" Then, a man in his forties with a pair of glasses appeared from behind one of the statues. "Howdy, Champ-in-the-making! Welcome to Pewter City Gym!"

Danica kept her serious expression and grabbed Curtis' Pokéball. "...Are you Brock?"

The man was surprised at how the girl responded. "Um, no, miss. I'm the Gym Guide. You look like an amazing trainer, with potential to be the Champion! With my advice, I can take you to the-"

"Where's Brock?" she said, "I want to battle him for his Badge."

The Gym Guide stared with a sweatdrop expression. "Um, wait for him at the battlefield over there." he said, "And, he uses Rock-type Pokémon, so you should counter with a Water or Grass-type mo-"

"Okay." she replied coldly, all but ignoring the poor guide who was just doing his job. The guide watched her as she went to the battlefield. "What a weird girl..." he thought.

Danica walked over to a side of the battlefield. It was all rocky, and even had a few holes scattered around. A young man soon appeared on the other side. "So, you're here, challenger. I'm Brock. I'm Pewter's Gym Leader. My rock-hard willpower is evident even in my Pokémon. My Pokémon are all rock hard, and have true-grit determination. That's right - my Pokémon are all the Rock type! Fuhaha!"

"..." Danica said nothing. What's with this guy? She held her only Pokemon's ball in her right hand.

"By the way, what's your name, challenger? And how many Pokémon are you battling with?"

"...I'm Danica. And I only have one Pokémon with me." she said. She thought about how no other Pokémon that she met on the way drew her attention, and shuddered at the memories of her trip through Viridian Forest.

"Only one Pokémon?" Brock said, and chuckled. "It's not gonna be easy for you! My Pokémon are impervious to most physical attacks. You'll have a hard time inflicting any damage. You're going to challenge me knowing that you'll lose?" Danica said nothing and her face didn't change. "Fuhaha! That's the Trainer's honor that compels you to challenge me. Fine, then! Show me your best!"

"Curtis, come out!"

"Onix, go!"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Part 4. Your It

Lilliana
    wendy-02.png
    Spoiler:

And

Delta
    Spoiler:

"What is it you want to play miss." Delta asked her and Lilliana stopped bouncing and giggled again before looking deep in thought.

"Hmmm..." She closed her eyes for a second a thought popping into her head. "I know!" the child exclaimed happily opening her eyes and setting Aria down before walking over to Delta. "Tag your it!" she cried out happily tapping Delta's arm before running into the trees her pokemon right behind her.

Delta stood still as he watched the girl run through the trees. "You see her Riley?" Delta asked turning to face his Pokémon. Riley nodded and began to run towards the girl, Delta followed gasping for air by the time he caught up with Riley and Lilliana. "Damn... You can really move you know that?" Delta chuckled as he collapsed against a tree. He looked towards the sky and saw a strange balloon fly past, heading towards mount moon... While the balloon was in the distance he could make out what appeared to be a big red R. "Do you see that?" Delta asked turning to face Lilliana.

Lilliana looked up at the sky and nodded before looking back at Delta "Yeah what do you think it is?" she asked scooping Aria up into her arms. A confused look appeared on her face as she tried to think about what that symbol meant.

"I don't know what that R means. I'm not from this region" she said softly as Aria started to squirm.

"Mar. Marill!" Aria cried squirming and grabbing the paper from the pocket of Lilliana's dress and showing her.

"Oh! I forgot" The girl giggled looking from the paper back to Delta. "I'm sorry to cut our game short Delta, Aria just reminded me we had things to do I've got to heal the Pokemon I caught and then face the gym" She smiled happily.

"I'm sorry to cut our game short Delta, Aria just reminded me we had things to do I've got to heal the Pokemon I caught and then face the gym" Lilliana smiled. "Oh the gym!" Delta cried out realizing he had wasted the entire day. "Thanks for reminding me." Delta muttered to Lilliana before recalling his Pokemon and running back towards Pewter city, having already forgot about the mysterious balloon...​

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years
  • Pewter City: Battle for the boulder badge!

Delta
    Spoiler:

After he had left Viridian Forrest he had rushed back to Pewter city only to find the Pewter city gym closed for the night. After a few minutes of pouting Delta had decided to head to the Pokemon Center and rent a room. He opened his Laptop and began to do some research on the Pewter city gym leader, falling asleep with his head on the keyboard.

Char woke Delta up with its infant Charmandee crying. After feeding the little fire lizard a blend of Oran berries and Moo Moo milk Delta decided to try his luck and challenge the Pewter city gym.

Delta stumbled out of his hotel room and grabbed a bagel from the free breakfast bar that he enjoyed so much, he ran out if the Pokemon Center with Riley at his heels and barged through the doors of the now open gym. "Hey there champ in the making!" A gray haired man with glasses shouted from in front of a marble statue. "My name is Delta and I'm here to challenge Brock and earn the boulder badge!" Delta replied excited. Alright! Have some fresh water! The man replied tossing Delta a bottle of water while opening the door to Brock's arena.

Delta obtained a bottle of fresh water! Delta put the bottle of fresh water in the beverages pocket!

Hello challenger! My name is Brock and I believe in Rock hard defense! Is this your first gym battle? A brown haired trainer asked. Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to show you a whole new kind of hurt! Delta smirked cockily. I like your spirit kid. This will be a two on two battle! Go Geodude! Brock hollered while tossing a red and white Pokeball towards the Rocky field in between Delta and himself. "Char! Show him what champions are made of!" Delta hollered in reply tossing her Pokeball towards Brock's. Geodude! Rollout!" Brock cried out as the Rick type began to roll towards Char at an alarming pace. Char! Dodge it and use ember! Delta replied holding his breath. Char leaped up and landed behind the slightly confused Geodude. With a loud gurgling sound Char released a barrage of embers towards Geodude. The rock type Pokemon was surprised by the force and skill the infant Charmander had shown, but was still barely fazed by the fire type attack. Geodude threw himself backwards beginning his rollout attack again. Char was smacked by the boulder before Delta could blink. "Ch... ar..." Char cried as she struggled to climb to her feet. "Char!" The lizard roared as her tail began to glow like an inferno. Char? You okay? Delta asked wondering what was happening. That looks like the ability Blaze, it makes fire type moves more powerful when the Pokemon has low strength. Brock chuckled. Oh... Well then... Char! Use ember again! Char reared its head back and spat a stream of flaming spit towards the Geodude who was rolling towards Char. The two Pokemon collided and a cloud of smoke filled the room. Char was lying on the ground unconscious. Geodude was half melted and wobbling around too weak to continue fighting. I... your Charmander managed to do THAT?! Brock exclaimed recalling his geodude. I told you I was going to win. Delta grinned while recalling his Pokemon. This isn't over yet. Go Onix! Riley! Lets finish this!

The two Pokemon emerged from their Pokeballa in a flash of white light. Onix! Use dig! Brock roared. Riley! Don't let it get underneath you! Confuse it with Dig! Delta countered. The rock snake was halfway underground when Riley began to dig as well. Moments later Onix erupted from the ground where Riley had been. "Onix?!" The rock snake roared annoyed that it's prey had escaped. Riley emerged from underground and sucker punched Onix from beneath. The force tossed Onix over a few feet and Riley landed on its head. Smash into the wall with headbutt! Brock growled frustrated that he had lost his dig attack, and trying to get the fighting type away from hid Onix. Riley now's your chance! Force palm! Delta laughed as he watched Riley smash his Palm into the Rock snakes head. Onix slowed down as it felt the impact of the blow, but it kept heading towards the wall. The entire room shook as Onix smashed into the wall, sending chunks of rock and Riley flying. Riley turned not flinching and gritted its teeth as it thrust a glowing orb towards Onix, who had been damaged by the steel framed wall. Onix watch out! Brock cried as the glowing orb smashed into the rock snake. An explosion of dust surrounded Onix as Brock and Delta stared in confusion, waiting to see the results of the battle. Riley shook in pain as it climbed to its feet on the other side of the room.

Riley learned Aura Sphere!

As the smoke cleared Delta and Brock both gasped in amazement at the unconscious body of Onix. I... I can't believe it! You actually managed to beat me. I suppose I'm inclined to award you with this, the official pokemon league Boulder badge. Brock sighed pulling the gray badge out of his pocket and handing it to Delta, who took it it greedily. Delta recalled Riley and rushed out of the gym, heading straight for Route 3...

Delta obtained the Boulder Badge! Delta put the Boulder Badge in the badge case!

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Conquering the Rocks​

[title="Goo: Absorb/Protect/Bubble/Tackle]
    704MS.png
    [/title]
    Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

Jordan found nothing else interesting inside the museum and he is keen to move on. He never wanted to stay in one place in particular for too long. Yes, he admitted that the museum had some things really fascinating like its vast collection of fossils but Jordan knew that he would have a chance to get some fossils for his own if he just continued on his journey. He excused himself from the blonde boy and he continued his way into the exit. He tried to send a quick smile to the receptionist as people appreciates every small act of kindness but she was busy fiddling with her phone. Oh, right.

Soon as he stepped out, he tried to get his bearings. He doesn't want to proceed to the next Route if he had not yet acquire Pewter's badge. However, he doesn't like to go back to the Viridian Forest as there is absolutely no chance of the forest having anything that might interest him quite a bit. "That leaves me no choice but the gym leader?" He called Goo out again. "All right. Here's the deal Goo. You and I are going to battle the local gym leader. If I remember correctly, he uses Rock-types so if we just hammer him with your Bubble attack, we should be fine." The Goomy cried out. Jordan was unsure if it was in agreement or in disagreement. Either way, he picked his Pokemon up and proceeded to the direction where the Gym is located.

It was not a long walk from the museum to the gym. It's a simple-looking gym. From the outside, you could not guess that the gym specializes in Rock-types. Jordan went inside, carrying his Goomy with him. A receptionist greeted him.

"I'm here to challenge the gym leader?" Jordan said. The receptionist smiled and directed him to one of the seats.

"Take a seat first, sir. Brock is nearly done with the previous battle and will be with you shortly. May I ask how many badges you have acquired already?"

"This is my first one."

"Okay. Please take a seat sir." Jordan took a seat and patiently waited. Within a few minutes, a girl came out, her Raichu following her. They look both spent but the girl was smiling which means she had her badge already. The receptionist beckoned Jordan to enter the gym.

Brock was standing in the far end of the gym. "Hi, challenger! What is your name?"

"I'm Jordan Kaleel Jr. You can call me Jordan."

"All right, Jordan. According here, this is your first gym. How many Pokemon have you brought with you?"

"I already have one."

"That is fine. Don't worry. Is a one-on-one battle, okay?" A one-on-one battle suited Jordan. He doubted if Goo could take down two or three opponents consecutively.

"That is perfectly okay with me." Brock nodded and sent out his Pokemon. A huge Pokemon composed of interconnected rocks appeared. It was an Onix, a first-stage Rock-type Pokemon. Jordan knew that Brock has an Onix but he kind of expected something easier, like a Geodude. There's no backing out now.

"Goo!" Goo jumped into the arena. Jordan decided to go on the aggressive. "Bubble, now! Don't stop!" Goo was not really the quickest Pokemon and it took him a long time before he moved into position. He sent out a stream of Bubble towards the Onix. The bubble seemed to not have any effect with the Onix, damage-wise. Instead, it only seemed to make it annoyed. The Onix raised its tail and brought it down towards the Goomy. The Pokemon barely dodged the attack. "Goomy! Just keep on continuing to do Bubble!" Jordan knew that he needed a strategy if he wanted to win. The Onix simply was playing with the Goomy.

"Goomy, jump onto Onix!" Goomy jumped into the Pokemon, propelling itself by firing the Bubble into the ground. It landed on one of the rocks on Onix. Onix looked at the Goomy.

"What are you planning, Jordan? Onix use Slam!" The Pokemon raised its tail once more and brought it down onto Goomy.

"Goomy! Protect!" Goomy closed its eyes and a barrier formed around the Pokemon, shielding Goo from the onslaught of attacks the Onix sent. Brock's Pokemon continued slamming onto the shield, chipping on it, slowly but surely. "Goo! Absorb!" The protective barrier disappeared and Goo jumped off the Onix. Its tail hit itself with a huge thud! Goomy followed the attack by an Absorb. It was more effective than sending Bubbles into the behemoth. "That's it, Goo!"

"You are not going to defeat me with just a simple Absorb! Onix, Dig!" The Onix disappeared beneath the gym. Jordan waited with bated breath. In a flash, he saw what he would do next. The gym rumbled and Onix appeared underneath Goo. However, Jordan was ready. "Goo! Protect!"

The barrier was formed again as Goo was simply raised into the air by the Onix. "Now, Bubble!" Goo sent out a stream of Bubbles onto the Onix' head. Goo landed on the opponent's head.

"Onix! Slam!" The Onix raised its tail again and quickly swatted Goomy away from its head. The Dragon-type was sent flying into the Ground again. It was dazed but not out. "Goomy! Absorb!" Strength returned back to the Dragon-type but it was already tiring. "Goomy! On to Onix again! Goomy propelled itself back into the Pokemon but Brock saw into the attack. He had Onix use Slam again.

"Goo! Protect!" A spherical barrier formed around Goo as Onix' tail collided with it. It sent Goo into Onix' face which knocked the opposing down.

"Down is not out!" Brock reminded Jordan. The gym leader had a huge smile on his face. "Onix! Stand up! Slam!" Onix wriggled up while Goo stayed hidden in his Protect-ball. The Onix kept on slamming until the barrier broke.

"Goo! Get away from there!" Using the Bubble as propulsion again, he sent out the attack to Onix, the recoil sending Goo flying away, safe from the attack. Jordan could see that Goo is not doing well already. However, the Onix seemed to be tiring just a little bit more than he thought it was. Jordan needed a way to quickly end the battle.

"All right, Goomy. Here's what I want you to do." The Onix slithered into Goomy and sent it flying again, this time without the barrier protecting it. "Goo! Protect!" The barrier formed while Goo was still flying in the air. "Now, Bubble inside!" Goo used Bubble, just enough to fill the barrier with bubbles. "Now, Tackle!"

"That isn't going to work! Onix is a Rock-type with huge defenses! Slam!" Goomy was practically rolling. The two Pokemon collided. The Protect-ball exploded, drenching Onix in water. Jordan felt that the Pokemon took a huge amount of damage with the type-advantage. Goomy, however, was struggling upright. "Goomy! Absorb!" With its last amount of energy, Goo sucked in the remaining dregs of energy from the Onix. The opposing Pokemon fell. Jordan waited with bated breath if Goo would stay upright.

Back