• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • I'm calling fake on this "leak," because how can the item used for Mewtwo's Y forme be event-only when it should've been an Y exclusive like the item for its X forme? And with this many Fairy types, you would expect GF to make more Dragon types this gen to even things out, because having more Fairy types than Dragon types can upset the balance, especially for the dragons' placements on the tier list.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There's absolutely no way they'd re-type that many Pokemon. There's also no way anyone from IGN would have this kind of information lol. They barely ever even write about Pokemon news, and when they do, it tends to be a few days late.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • There are many complicated mechanics in the Pokemon game that deal with battle. Hidden Power, IVs, EVs. They are all complicated and hidden systems of the game that general players do not even bother with because of the difficulty and effort. Its used for the more experienced battle veterans.

Pokemon is a kids' game, but that doesn't mean that complicated systems are not in the games. Majority of children that play don't learn about EV training until a few years after.

You can say that again: I started playing Pokémon games when I was 8 or 9, and I don't even think that I knew about Effort and Individual Values until after I joined this forum…weird, huh?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also calling fake. I highly doubt Snorunt would be a Ice/Fairy and then evolve into a Ice/Fighting.

I also don't see them retypeing Togetic and Togekiss since they already have 2 types.

And a good amount of those don't even seem to be a pokemon that would be a Fairy.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Dual Type attacks add nothing to the game. The whole point of have 4 moves is to limit the number of super-effective attacks you can do. The only thing Dual-Type Attacks can do is net more SE hits. It would defeat the purpose of having a move-set. At that point you might as well have Pokemon learn 6 moves or more.

Limiting a pokemon to 4 moves is a Good thing. It make each individual Pikachu unique as well as keeping the menus free of clutter. And it encourages more strategic choice of which moves to keep.

If you have played FF, WOW, or other RPGs you know this: There are 1-2 spells you spam, and a laundry list of 45 other spells you never use. Pokemon solves this problem. "Pick the 4 moves you want, the rest are garbage."

Dual Type Attacks are just poor game design that limits the number of creative choices the player can make.

Eh, I wouldn't mind having a little more room in the attack list for when I have my Pokémon start learning more-powerful moves before finally letting them evolve (yes, I've learned that evolution decreases the rate at which Pokémon learn moves) but still want to keep an older attack move (I usually only have my Pokémon learn only attack moves so that they can damage their opponents quickly and often, but I may start to reconsider these tactics because of how Generation VI is introducing a lot more attack moves that also have status or health effects even though past games in the Pokémon franchise have also had such moves) that has both a high number of Power Points and a reasonable amount of power even for the staple moves learned early on in the game. Besides, I wouldn't mind if some of the most powerful moves available for Pokémon to learn had more than one type; in fact, combo moves already do, sort of: the Unova starters' elemental 'Pledge' moves affect the next 'Pledge' move used, as do that region's legendary Pokémon's signature moves, if I remember correctly. Maybe a slight expansion of the move list and dual-type moves might be a good thing, especially if it's the basis for another new feature. For example, GameFreak could allow some Pokémon moves to be merged like weapons can be in Kid Icarus: Uprising to make a more powerful move while also making room in a Pokémon's move-set for that Pokémon to learn another move. Regardless, however, of the possibilities that dual-type moves might create for the Pokémon franchise, I doubt that such functionality will be introduced for another generation or two (or maybe we'll have to wait even longer than that, but who knows?) And, even when one or all of these features make their way into the Pokémon games, I'll bet that they will only be available long after you've trained for quite some time and beaten the Elite Four.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • That doesn't seem plausible to me, but I could believe a handful of those (the Clefairy line especially) may be retyped. It just seems to be too much. I don't think the entire "fairy" egg group is going to be retyped, just like not every Pokemon in the "Dragon" egg group is a Dragon type. It wouldn't surprise me if Mewtwo had different forms from each version, since this was done back in Gen3 with Deoxys, but I can't be sure. Lastly, I'd be almost positive that there would be a plate item for Arceus to turn it into a Fairy type.

Yes

Anyway, I think the scoop could possibly be revealing evolutions/pre-evolutions of old Pokemon, specifically Kanto and Johto Pokemon; fans have been wanting evolutions for those Pokemon for ages so I guess it could be that? idk

I'd be really hoping for this. I'd be totally cool with a Fire/ Fairy Rapidash evolution, so long as it's got wings. :7: It would probably learn Fly via HM or something anyway, and likely have Levitate if it's not a Flying type.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I know...the only thing I can see topping this news is the announcement of double type moves which has the potential to blow our metagame out of the water.

…and not just yours, but GameFreak's, too! I, however, think that it is high time to shake things up and don't consider the introduction of the Fairy type to be quite enough to do that…but, given the low probability that it will be introduced this generation, I had better just cross my fingers and hope for the best, right?

They didn't even give away much for Pancham evolving, so maybe they're keeping the new methods a secret?

Actually, I think that Pancham is too little to evolve directly into Pangoro, so maybe they'll reveal the pair's intermediate evolutionary form, among lots of other Pokémon?

With the new image, it looks like a donkey/pony. EPONA

Hmm, why this pokemon for the collaboration reveal? Hmm.

Hey, that means that the blizzard wolf can be a White Wolfos and LInk can finally tame one of them!!

Update on the names that were revealed on pokebeach from my earlier post.

There is some expectation that these might be the September CoroCoro reveals, of which 14 is a large number.

Also, the translation/interpretation of some of the japanese names has been updated as the following:

Chespin

Two names stood out to us as possible Chespin evolutions, however we only updated with the name origins of one. That was Hariboogu. Today we've looked back and it seems we were right in thinking there were two names that could relate to Chespin.

ハリボーグ/Hariboogu — This stays mostly the same as what we had: hari (ハリ) means pin/needle, but boogu could be a combination of 防具 (bougu) meaning armour, and the French word bogue (the shell of a chestnut). Strongly suggesting that Chespin could develop some sort of natural armour (something backed up by the next point).

ブリガロン/Burigaron — Here is the biggest deviation from what we originally had. Initially we believed it could have been some sort of ice wolf, we may have been completely wrong… Brigandine is a type of armour from the middle ages, this acts as the most likely origin of buriga (ブリガ). Ron is assumably from marron (meaning chestnut in French). These combination of words fit the potential theme set by Hariboogu. Chespin may evolve into a sort-of knight.

I hope this doesn't disappoint the raving blizzard wolf fans :(

The silhouette reminds me of this:
    horstachio.jpg

Horstachio from Viva Piñata

Oh, great; there go my hopes for a Zelda/Pokémon crossover…

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't want Munchlax, Snorlax, Snorunt, Glalie, Dunsparce, Clamperl, Huntail, and Maractus to become Fairy types.

There are also Pokemon who I kinda don't want to become Fairy types, but I wouldn't mind too much if they would become Fairy. Those are Absol, Politoed, Sudowoodo, the Minccino line, the Gothita line, the Happiny line, and the Chingling line.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • None of the PC developers were Professors. Amnita, Fennels' assistant and the PC developer for Unova, wasn't a professor. I think Bill was classified as a Pokemaniac, Bebe was a researcher from memory and the chick from Hoenn.....Lanette was a Researcher as well. All of their research went into the storage system though and wasn't anything major like a Professor's research. The only two Professors from Black and White series were the Professor Junipers, both Cedric and his daughter.

B2W2 added another Researcher who was a Pseudo antagonistColress and Bianca as a Professor's assistant/Aid.

Uhhh…you forgot about Bill's friend Celio, dude.

Serebii just updated three new pictures. Seems like the PSS takes place of the bottom screen like how the C-Gear did. Though I would like to pull attention to the very bottom.
    fulllumiose.jpg

Pokeball, Pokedex, Bag, What looks like a computer, paper and pencil (Save) and Options.

Seems like the Menu is back on the bottom screen. Dunno what the computer looking thing is, most likely the player's Trainer Card, though I wonder if that will allow you access to the PSS online quick battle feature and GTS?

Yes, FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for that feature to come back ever since HeartGold and SoulSilver introduced it!

Diglett learn it because its actually a cutting like attack. Diglett can learn a bunch of Scratch/Slash/Cutting based attacks since its based off a mole who uses its claws as primary defense. Its base is from a sword style which is why there are a lot of non-flyings that learn it.

Speaking of which, when are we going to see the legs that a Dugtrio meantioned having in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team? Maybe his evolutionary line has legs, too?

Perhaps there are more than one way to go when collecting your badges? All previous games had pretty much only one path you could pick in which you could get your badges, maybe this time around we get different variations? I don't know, that's just kinda what popped into my head when I read "which path will you take?"

Actually, G/S/C/HG/SS allowed you to turn either left or right after a certain point, but I can't remember exactly what to routes these were…maybe they were called the 'Cianwood City' and 'Blackthorn City' routes after their endpoints in the HG/SS guide? I'd have to look, though…

As for the dex number, I'd be totally okay with 130-ish. It's more or less the number I was speculating at.

That would mean that the new total would end up between 649 + 126 = 775 and 649 + 135 = 784. Personally, though, I think that either 781 sounds good, especially since 7 + 1 = 8.
    (This was debunked by XanderO's confirmation of the source as being fake.

Alright, I've finally caught up to where my first reply in forever ended up landing! Let the brainstorming commence:

I don't know…that sounds a lot like what would happen to Cryogonal if it got a glitchy form change from its crystalline form to some sort of vaporous and/or liquid form to me. Besides, all you might have to do to get Missingno. is confuse a Ditto or a Zorua…right?

Where did you get this from, it sounds interesting.

I didn't really get this from anywhere; it just seemed logical that confusing a Pokémon that knows how to change what it looks like into what another Pokémon looks like, it could make mistakes. As for Cryogonal, its Black Pokédex entry says the following:

From Bulbapedia: When its body temperature goes up, it turns into steam and vanishes. When its temperature lowers, it returns to ice.

I don't know; I think that I might have read somewhere that the new total might end up at 781 Pokémon, but that could have just been a rumor. Regardless, however, of whether or not this will come to pass, I think that 131 new monsters is a pretty good number; after all, it's pretty close to Hoenn's 135 additions, isn't it?

I am also thinking somewhere in the 130s is a good number. My original guess was about 141 to 144.

130+ is too many new Pokemon for an even-numbered gen, because that's only for odd-numbered gens. I'm still expecting 100+ Kalos Pokemon.

...How would it matter if the generation number is even or odd? There might be a trend I suppose, but if anything that'd more than likely just be a large coincidence. I severely doubt that their thinking is "Hey guys, even number generation! Less Pokémon to make, so work too hard!" That'd just be silly. Now if there was an actual reason that they were doing this that'd be one thing, but just because that's coincidentally happened in the past doesn't make it a rule or anything. ****, it could easily happen again, but I doubt that it's any sort of set pattern.

Hey, it could explain why the regional 'dex has been split into three pieces, for one.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • fulllumiose.jpg

Oh boy how I am happy to see this return! I loved the layout of the options in HGSS, it was so neat and functional selecting a specific option. Looks like we've got Pokémon, Pokédex, Bag, Trainer Card, Save File and Options, I love how it looks!

Years
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6gw-Yu6ME&feature=g-subs-u
    for the lazy ones-
    this is a video of a guy nicknamed dookieshed, he said was in an anime convention and met two people who have contact with nintendo(he says he know that they truly are are).
    they give information about a pokemon that will be introduced in the next corocoro-
    potato bag pokemon
    sushi roll pokemon
    new eeveelution(no type mentioned, but he said he think its a dragon just like they did in second when they introuced a nerfed type eeveelution and a nerfing type eeveelution)

i would be happy about the eeveelution, but potato bag and sushi roll?!
    anyway i curios to see what type a sushi roll and a potato bag would have

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • fulllumiose.jpg

Oh boy how I am happy to see this return! I loved the layout of the options in HGSS, it was so neat and functional selecting a specific option. Looks like we've got Pokémon, Pokédex, Bag, Trainer Card, Save File and Options, I love how it looks!
    Yay! I don't even know why they left it out of Generation V but I'm glad to see that's back now :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    for the lazy ones-
    this is a video of a guy nicknamed dookieshed, he said was in an anime convention and met two people who have contact with nintendo(he says he know that they truly are are).
    they give information about a pokemon that will be introduced in the next corocoro-
    potato bag pokemon
    sushi roll pokemon
    new eeveelution(no type mentioned, but he said he think its a dragon just like they did in second when they introuced a nerfed type eeveelution and a nerfing type eeveelution)

I'm expecting a sushi roll Pokemon to be a Water type due to being mostly seafood. As for a potato bag Pokemon, Grass/Poison type maybe? Because it turns out potatoes happen to be poisonous, but not poisonous enough to kill a human.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    for the lazy ones-
    potato bag pokemon
    sushi roll pokemon

Lmao.

So the new trailer revealed that Fennekin knows a move called Glow Punch. A bit weird for a four-legged Pokemon to use a Punching move... But it could be a Psychic type move done by using the mind? It could be the psychic variation of Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • It looks like that drawing was pretty accurate.
    Spoiler:
    That trailer also showed a train station, probably the one in eastern Kalos. I wonder where the train goes?

Back