• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Even if Glow Punch turns out to be a Fairy attack, it's still a punch, with the traditional punch "icon." I know it's a bit early, but I'm just so concerned right now. Lots of people said, "don't worry, Tepig won't be Fire/Fighting! We already had two in a row," and we know where that led to.

Like, I should be excited about that supposed "dive" scene, but I just can't. Not with this "punch" business.

Game Freak, please be trolling.

Years
not possibe, only his english name have the gender refernace mr.
so there is no reason for game freak to create a ms.mime evo.

and i would prefer an evo for mr.mime who could really use one

Actually, that is not factually correct.

Japanese - From barrier and weird
France - M. Mime (Pronounced Monsieur Mime)
Spain - Mr. Mime (Spanish)
Italy - Mr. Mime (Italian)
Korean - Maimmaen - A combination of mime and man

Japan, the original release of pokemon is the only one that doesn't affirm the gender. So, there really is reason for GF to create a split evo if they decide to make Mr.Mime exclusively male. Or, similar to Gallade or Froslass, in which a male/female counter part is created. Those names, didn't even allude to either gender; it's not really a requisite for a gender divergent evolution to contain male or female references in the names. Given that all of the secondary regions that sold Pokemon Red/Blue, after the Japanese release all alluded to gender, it gives further reason that the pokemon is associated with masculine qualities. To say it is not possible isn't actually a fair assessment.

Also, on the youtube vid referenced above. Like any rumor, we shouldn't have too much faith, if any! Though, I don't care for the idea of a potato chip pokemon, at all, I do think a sushi pokemon might be interesting. IF this very unlikely rumor is true, all I can say is that they might be going for a French culinary theme.

CONFIRMED FIGHTING FOODON'S COLLAB :p
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
*Cough**Cough*Hoenn*Cough**Cough*Remake*Cough**Cough*

Gen 3 didn't have any HM hints, and Dive existed in the last Gen which sprouted the same comments. Really at this point, we're randomly shoving our hands into a ten foot hay stack hoping to find a needle. Dive doesn't mean we'll get a remake of a game. Look at how many claimed hints we got in Gen 5 with no remakes being made.

There still hasn't been any confirmation that we'll have Dive back as an HM as of yet. It can still be a distributed move. We also know that we can choose our own backdrops for battles now over wifi. Do we know this was not a wifi battle? We definitely need more information before jumping to conclusions.

Still don't know how Fennekin will turn out and it learning a Punching attack doesn't bode well for it. It may become a physical Fire Starter which can pretty much ruin its chances of being decent what with lack of Physical Fire attacks. We don't know the type of the attack and if it relates to Fennekin's next type.

To me Glow Punch looked Fire type with the explosion animation. Fighting attacks have these animations too for some, and as of yet I think only 1 Fairy attack has the explosion animation (Moon Blast).

This has thrown us back a bit...Not that I mind any of the three outcomes based on the attack's type.

I have to love Froaking getting what is speculated to be Parting Shot though. Wonder what type it is, based on its description I'll go out on a limb and say Dark...Could mean Froakie will be Dark Type when it evolves. If it becomes the Ninja evolution like it was rumored, Dark Type fits perfectly.

If its not Parting Shot, then I wonder what they attack was. Chatter maybe? That would be interesting, a Pokemon other than Chatot that can use Chatter.

Years
Actually, that is not factually correct.

Japanese - From barrier and weird
France - M. Mime (Pronounced Monsieur Mime)
Spain - Mr. Mime (Spanish)
Italy - Mr. Mime (Italian)
Korean - Maimmaen - A combination of mime and man

Japan, the original release of pokemon is the only one that doesn't affirm the gender. So, there really is reason for GF to create a split evo if they decide to make Mr.Mime exclusively male. Or, similar to Gallade or Froslass, in which a male/female counter part is created. Those names, didn't even allude to either gender; it's not really a requisite for a gender divergent evolution to contain male or female references in the names. Given that all of the secondary regions that sold Pokemon Red/Blue, after the Japanese release all alluded to gender, it gives further reason that the pokemon is associated with masculine qualities. To say it is not possible isn't actually a fair assessment.

Also, on the youtube vid referenced above. Like any rumor, we shouldn't have too much faith, if any! Though, I don't care for the idea of a potato chip pokemon, at all, I do think a sushi pokemon might be interesting. IF this very unlikely rumor is true, all I can say is that they might be going for a French culinary theme.

CONFIRMED FIGHTING FOODON'S COLLAB :p
Spoiler:
you are right its not just in english, i don't know why i thought so, but still in japanese there is no gender refernece

Last edited:

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
Did you hear some really respectable guy on youtube is supposedly friends with somebody on the inside at Game Freak.

In the video he posted a few hours ago he said there would be another eeveelution, a pokemon based on sushi and a pokemon based on a potato chip.

I'm not really buying it...but apparently he's trusted on youtube. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6gw-Yu6ME

I don't trust it but I figured it might be worth sharing anyway.

dookieshed is pretty legit i think

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I read somewhere that Steven is gonna be in the game. Does anybody know about that?

It said that it was posted on Pokemon's twitter website but it's not there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wish Steven (or Wallace, that'd be fine, too!) would make a cameo in this generation. In fact, I'm kind of having high hopes that there might be a cameo of at least a few old Gen 3 characters. At least, there should be. u__u I think of it as kind of like a tribute to Gen 3 or something, yeah?
A tribute would be nice especially considering it's the 10th anniversary of RS internationally this year.

Years
There could be a chance that there is another eeveelution (please dear god let it be dragon^_^)
The only reason that Sylveon appear first, BECAUSE gamefreak want to PROMOTE fairy type, because it is the new type
So now, we all know fairy type, it's time for them to release the other one
PLUS : all eeveelution is all special type (fire, water, electric, psychic, dark, grass, ice, maybe fairy too).
==> first, dragon is special type, and dragon is weak to fairy
====>>>> drakeon^^

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't mind food pokemon. I don't see what the big deal is.

But again I am pretty sure the Eeveelution will be true. It will be Dragon, Steel or Poison. I for one hope it is poison or steel, if we get a 2nd Eeveelution. Though a dragon wouldn't be that bad either. I like all the eeveelutions, so it doesn't matter to me lol. I still really want a Ground or Rock though to go with the desert/cave habitats though.

Years
Sushi pokemon, love it!!!!!!!!!
Potato chip, can't even imagine
=>>> when it come to sushi pokemon, there are many imagnation
- a pink fish that connected with a sushi roll
- a snail that has a sushi-like shell
==>>>> hoping it is FAKEEEEEEE

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
It doesn't seem to indicate anywhere (unless I'm overlooking anything) that the attack is supereffective on Litleo, so really I wouldn't particularly worry about it being a Fire/Fighting-type, if anything.

Plus...I don't think any Fighting-type currently (aside from like 4 Pokemon) is able to learn Psychic, so I really doubt that Fighting is going to be it's secondary typing, but who knows, really?

This just in, Pokemon X & Y to introduce triple typing.
Know what, fairy is effective against dragon, a dragon eeveelution is actually pluasible, and it fits with the european theme.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
That video is from dookieshedVIDs. I've been subscribed to him for a while and he is a pretty trustworthy guy. Although, keep in mind, he didn't make up the rumors himself, he had a highly trustworthy source.

Years
That video is from dookieshedVIDs. I've been subscribed to him for a while and he is a pretty trustworthy guy. Although, keep in mind, he didn't make up the rumors himself, he had a highly trustworthy source.

have to agree with you, i follow him since january.
he always talked about information that is 99% certain like corocoro leaks.
also unlike most "leakers" these one doesn't have information that we all want to hear(tauros/milktank pre-evo, dunsprace evo etc.), except the new eeveelution of course.
so i'm still not judge and just wait to the moment that new pokemons will be revealed.

Years
If you trust those rumors, you have to see by gamefreak's eyes
=>> tauros and miltank will 100% NEVER EVER get a pre-evo
Because: Tauros first appear in gen 1, but Miltank first apear in gen 2. They are not gender counterpart
==>> Also there are bouffalant in gen 5

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
If you trust those rumors, you have to see by gamefreak's eyes
=>> tauros and miltank will 100% NEVER EVER get a pre-evo
Because: Tauros first appear in gen 1, but Miltank first apear in gen 2. They are not gender counterpart
==>> Also there are bouffalant in gen 5

I wouldn't that it is 100% unlikely to happen, since there are some conspiracies about this.

There IS a reason why it would be unlikely though, but you didn't mention it. That reason is pretty much the fact that Miltank can't lay Tauros eggs. The fact that they are a generation apart doesn't really matter.

People do see similarities though. Same egg group, same Base Stat Total(490), their level up moves follow the same interval in terms of level(aside from Tauros having one extra attack). The horde battle within the game could be a coincidence, or it could also be a hint of a Calf pre-evolution that ties the two together.

I can pretty much go on about this, but even so they aren't officially gender counterparts, just a fanmade approval really, according to Bulbapedia. Who knows what will happen.

Years
If you notice, XY is similar to Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
First, groundon walks, xerneas walks
Rayquaza flies, yvetal flies
So maybe if the Z is real, it MAYBE swim like Kyorge, or at least in some way connected with water
Second, groudon is red like yvetal
Kyorge is blue like xerneas
So maybe if the z is real, MAYBE it will be green like Rayquaza
But who knows???????????????????????????

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
If you notice, XY is similar to Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
First, groundon walks, xerneas walks
Rayquaza flies, yvetal flies
So maybe if the Z is real, it MAYBE swim like Kyorge, or at least in some way connected with water
Second, groudon is red like yvetal
Kyorge is blue like xerneas
So maybe if the z is real, MAYBE it will be green like Rayquaza
But who knows???????????????????????????
There's a rumor that the third legendary will be based on a serpent/basilisk, to follow the theme of Norse mythology, and thus possibly it could be a dragon type. I was actually thinking that the legendary wouldn't be green because Gamefreak wouldn't want to be redundant with two legendary green snakes.

Years
I remember that the serpent release poison to the ocean
So it could be water/poison, water/dragon, poison/dragon
Plus, i want it like a mixed color of xerneas and yvetal,
==>>> PURPLE Z LEGENDARY
Oh, in Norse, the is a dragon live in hell, that eat the tree root (hope it will be the Z dragon/poison)
I really don't want a W or O version of pokemon, but if there is , with great design, i'm ok with it
P/S: We have a LIFE pokemon xerneas and DESTRUCTION pokemon yvetal, what will the Z be?????
I wish this will be real
Pok-mon-Z-Legendary-pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-version-34132595-900-700.png

My opinion is just for fun, please don't judge me!!!!
==>> oh dear god Arceus, when will you make an Poison legendary. A legendary Pokemon that carry diseases and has the power to cure any diseases but very dangerous, it like killing people slowly by sickness more than saving them. So Arceus have to KILL it to protect the world!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, I hope the Z version will be the sequel, NOT the third game. MAYBE in this game, team flare will bring the Z legendary back to life and use its power to bring diseases to everybody, that make everyone have to pay them MONEY to cure themself, so that team flare will have money. Later, after beating 8 gym and geting all the badges, the professor will ask you and your rival to search for Xerneas and Yvetal's help to fight against the Z Legendary, to save people and defeat team flare once and for all. And then, after you beating the Elite 4, you can catch the Z legendary and finish the rest of the game....(maybe battle gym leaders again, go from town to town using the Z's power to cure some sick people, OR BATTLE AND MAYBE CATCH ARCEUS to show WHO IS THE BOSSSSSS NOW!!!!!!!!).... ..........

Last edited:
Back