• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have to say Orotto's in-game model looks a bit "small" than I thought it would be. And I like how the starters now make some animation of their own when you choose one of them, Froakie's one looks pretty cool imo.

I thought that too. I would have thought they were gonna make Orotto look fierce and menacing but it looks quite small, maybe it has an evolution that grows into something bigger and scarier?

It could just look small because it was in a horde battle? I mean if it's naturally a big Pokemon it would look weird if they put 5 of them in the same battle. So maybe bigger Pokemon are made smaller for horde battles?

Years
Woah, just realized that Fennekin learns the new move "glow punch" according to serebii from this footage.

Does that help us with the evolution's typing?

I think it sounds like the equivalent of Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch.
I am thinking most likely Psychic or Fairy for the move, but it could even be fire or fighting.
Let's hope not fire, that would be redundant.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Orotto is smaller than I thought. Either that, or they had to scale the 5 Orotto down to fit the screen.

In the trailer, I saw Froakie use an attack that had a speech bubble involved on Skrelp. I'm not sure if it's Taunt, Torment or some other move.

Years
Glow punch seems fairy-ish, and if that's the case, once can draw upon the conclusion (albeit, a shaky one at best), that Fennekin's final typing might be Fire/Fairy (making it the very first time that fairy-typing was used in starter evos, but hey, I wouldn't blame GF for going down this route). Or perhaps it's just another-type and can learn Glow Punch? That's also pretty possible, given that these days, you don't even necessarily have to be Ice, Fire, or Electric to learn either of the elemental punches.

I agree with Derk here, if you look at the distribution of the elemental punches via the Move Tutors you'd be surprised at the large number of Pokemon that learn Fire Punch, ThunderPunch and/or Ice Punch. Most are Fighting-types but there is a fair share of Pokemon learning at least one of the three. I read on Serebii that someone mentioned if you watch the latest video carefully, in the scene where Fennekin attacks Litleo with the Glow Punch, it plays the sound for super-effective hits, which could heavily point to being a Fighting attack, some people were even getting mad upon seeing this because they thought the one Kalos starter they cherished was going to fall to the infamous Fire/Fighting curse again.

While the rumors back in May stated Fennekin's evolution would be Fire/Psychic, most of the other information leaked around that time, such as Pangoro and Inkay/Malamar was confirmed legit. It might just be some interesting move of another type that Fennekin gets, in fact loads of Pokemon actually do learn attacks of several types, thanks to stuff like TMs/HMs and Move Tutors.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I read about the super effective sound thing and a lot of other people have said it sounded more like a thud, leading it to be not very effective or possibly neutral. If it is a fairy move then it could also provide some more evidence that fire is resistant to fairy type? Providing that the sound was the not very effective sound.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lmao.

So the new trailer revealed that Fennekin knows a move called Glow Punch. A bit weird for a four-legged Pokemon to use a Punching move... But it could be a Psychic type move done by using the mind? It could be the psychic variation of Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch?

I read about the super effective sound thing and a lot of other people have said it sounded more like a thud, leading it to be not very effective or possibly neutral. If it is a fairy move then it could also provide some more evidence that fire is resistant to fairy type? Providing that the sound was the not very effective sound.

I doubt its paychic. The attack had a fire like animation. If it was SE to litleo then good chance its fighting as some have the explosion animation, if resisted I think its safe to assume Fire right now. Fennekin's attacks have mostly been fire so far so its a pretty safe assumption.

This is also probably first hint we have that fennekin will be bipedial with evolution.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm surprised I didn't notice this the first time I saw the new trailer, but at 0:42 there is an underwater battle scene with Flabébé against Clauncher. I think that those Dive rumors are becoming true. Not only that, but it seems like it will be more like Gen. 3's Dive (the better Dive imo).

blue

gucci
Years
I'm surprised I didn't notice this the first time I saw the new trailer, but at 0:42 there is an underwater battle scene with Flabébé against Clauncher. I think that those Dive rumors are becoming true. Not only that, but it seems like it will be more like Gen. 3's Dive (the better Dive imo).

Good point! I've just re-watched the trailer since I wasn't really paying attention to the smaller details on the first runthrough and that battle scene at 00:42 definitely appears to be a Dive Scene. I wonder why they've chosen to re-introduce Dive?

Diveee-1.png

blue

gucci
Years
Looked like Fennekin used Fire Punch in the latest trailer, I'm hoping this isn't an indication that it's destined to fall under the Fire/Fighting spell... Although we do have Pokémon that aren't Fire/Fighting and can learn Fire Punch so idkk.......

blue

gucci
Years
After seeing Oorotto, I have a small feeling that it could end up being the evolution of Sudowoodo, idk it just seems suitable with Sudowoodo already having a pre-evolution and not having that high of a BST. However that might then mean Mr. Mime getting an evolution which i suppose would be fitting with the whole French theme...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Good point! I've just re-watched the trailer since I wasn't really paying attention to the smaller details on the first runthrough and that battle scene at 00:42 definitely appears to be a Dive Scene. I wonder why they've chosen to re-introduce Dive?

Diveee-1.png
It certainly looks like a battle underwater rather than the in the beach with one using water pulse. Hopefully this is confirmation that Underwater battles will return (battles during diving I mean, Unova had none)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Looked like Fennekin used Fire Punch in the latest trailer, I'm hoping this isn't an indication that it's destined to fall under the Fire/Fighting spell... Although we do have Pokémon that aren't Fire/Fighting and can learn Fire Punch so idkk.......

Serebii called it GLOW PUNCH. Might be a Fairy Move.

I have a feeling all 3 starters are Fairy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Did you hear some really respectable guy on youtube is supposedly friends with somebody on the inside at Game Freak.

In the video he posted a few hours ago he said there would be another eeveelution, a pokemon based on sushi and a pokemon based on a potato chip.

I'm not really buying it...but apparently he's trusted on youtube. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6gw-Yu6ME

I don't trust it but I figured it might be worth sharing anyway.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

Diveee-1.png

It certainly looks like a battle underwater rather than the in the beach with one using water pulse. Hopefully this is confirmation that Underwater battles will return (battles during diving I mean, Unova had none)

If the trailer showed an underwater battle hinting at the possibility that the move 'Dive' will work like it did in Generation 3, then does that mean that we can head back to the RSE Remake Speculation Thread and start talking about what this might mean for the probability that GameFreak might release remakes of Gen. 3's main-series games in this generation?

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Did you hear some really respectable guy on youtube is supposedly friends with somebody on the inside at Game Freak.

In the video he posted a few hours ago he said there would be another eeveelution, a pokemon based on sushi and a pokemon based on a potato chip.

Dang you beat me to this. I don't see why he would make up a sushi roll pokemon and a bag of chips pokemon, they don't sound like they would be popular. The other eeveelution is pretty much confirmed since they always come in pairs.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years

Hmm, he does seem pretty trustworthy. The whole more food Pokemon thing might not be true. But, I digress. He does make a solid point about there being a new Dragon-Type eeveelution and I do hope that comes true.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years

Diveee-1.png

*Cough**Cough*Hoenn*Cough**Cough*Remake*Cough**Cough*

Back