• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Hogwarts RPG of Ye Year of 1 (You got anything better?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I decided to seat myself near Vera, as I knew she wouldn't hurt me, and i smiled at how many people were being filtered into Slytherin. A dagger gleamed from inside my robe, that I used to be able to drink blood without infecting my target. I would just have to wait..

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Jasmine was startled to hear her name called. If her name was on the list, maybe she was supposed to be in this place after all. She walked all the way to the front of the line and sat on a stool there like the previous students had. Four people stood by it, each wearing a different colored robe. One was wearing a robe of red, one wearing a robe of green (he seemed strangely) familiar to her), one of blue, and one of yellow. She could feel a hat being placed on her head. Hmm.. said a voice in her head. Interesting... Trying to survive in the forest has given you many priceless traits.. Although curious as to how the voice, which she suddenly realized was the hat, knew that she lived in the forest, Jasmine made no reply. I know everything about you, Jasmine. answered the hat even though Jasmine had not said anything. I can see everything on your mind.. Ah, yes, You have a burning determination for revenge on someone.. You have constantly used your wits to survive in the forest.. And you've needed patience numerous times as well.. But your bravery is what's kept you alive all these years.. Yes, despite loneliness, you never feared the dangers of the forest, never feared death, pain, shadow, anything.... A thoughtful pause. Then, out loud... "GRYFFINDOR!!!"

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I took a seat at the Ravenclaw table, amongst a crowd of third-years. After a bit of jostling from my elders, I confirmed my spot along the oak bench and began waiting fo whatever was to happen next. I thought that ravenclaw would indeed be a good match for me, but the Gryffindors just seemes so much more...personable. Hopefully they rest of this crowd would warm to me.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera toke note of Eclipse's smile towards the account of other first-years being sorted into Slytherin, and she took a guess at the smile.

"So many of ... 'Us', right?" The young Slytherin murmered questioningly to her crimson-eyed companion. She herself switched her gaze briefly to the latest sorted into her house (how she loved to think those words! Her house that she belonged to!), which happened to be the boy who she had seen earlier with the sky-windowed girl, and who currently had a strange expression on his face. He seemed to be looked off at another person somewere.

She instantly thought of how much he did not looked as though he belonged in Slytherin, more like in Gryffindor, with his emotional needs (as far as she could tell, anyways.). How did he get sorted into Slytherin? He looked too much like the 'nice' type of person.

Then she was perplexed at how she felt a small twitch of pity for him, but being Vera, she decided it was of course importance, in one case more than any other.

She was much more important than a Slytherin-Gryffindor! Those Gryffindors, as she had noticed so far, proudly displayed their hearts on their sleeves! 'Slytherins are far more superior than them in that single aspect.', she thought, still watching him curiously with a air of silent suprise about her.

Years
  • "yes. I must admit, however, that they seem... naive. I personally beleive this would make them ripe for picking." I said, focusing to keep my vampire smile from showing. I glansed up at the snake symbol, and remembered my python. It would have a good time feasting on the rats, frogs, and birds of the other houses..

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera tore her eyes away from the boy, and nodded agreeably to Eclipse, with a thin trace of a smirk on her face.

"I know. I don't see why they were put into here with us, possesing-such pieces of the mind, I tell you! Gryffindor's house is more... suitaible for such a trait. Oh well. Some look compatiable." She said, putting in a word, then glanced at the boy at the corner of her eye, wondering how he could be emotional like that...

"Oh. Another thing, Eclipse," Vera added as an afterthought. Perhaps this would sound emotional, but oh well. Here it went, and Merlin, let her still keep her aquaintance.

"Thank you- For at least talking to me, unlike most of the gits populating this part of this part of the world. Usually, all my life, my idiotic older sister was the one with all the 'friends', if you'd call them, and I was considered the hermit of the family. Most of my relatives ignored me, and as did the rest of the world... Didn't even care when I fell off trying out my sister's broomstick when I was seven, and nearly broke my neck... Good grief, I sound like a idiot myself."

The girl gave out a soft, bitter laugh after she stopped talking. To much to tell was considered rude, she supposed. And telling too much wasn't always that pay-giving.

Years
  • I laughed slightly, saying "I can say the same. If you knew who- what I was, you'd be as far away from me as possible." trying to make it sound as though I simply had a really bad history. I wasn't sure if I had suceeded. Look at them. So naive. So pure. Thier blood will be an extra treat. I thought, looking at the other student's jugular veins.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera lifted an eyebrow- and for some reason, actaully smiled for a second, so fast anyone glancing at her from a distance would have been sure that the smile was never really there, so rare that she smiled.

"No. I feel that you are the only person that understands me throughly. Unlike so many others," Vera continued.

"-I wouldn't care whether you are pure-blood, half-blood, or not. Simple: When you find a... 'friend' you don't care about things like that, I guess... No, I'm not prejuduced, unlike the rest of my family." The witch muttered the last thing darkly as she looked at Eclipse and at the boy out of the corner of her right eye once more.

Alright, maybe she was going much too far. Too much emotion!

Years
  • "unfortunatly, at the moment, I can not bring myself to beleive that." I said, finally breaking my gaze from the other first-years, and to the other tables. If only I could get to them. They would be even more delicous then the ones here in Slytherin. Vera was one already tainted by evil. If I was to bite her, it'd be in the most desperate situations.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera nodded once, and fell silent.

There didn't seemed more left to be said.

All those secrets, all those sayings- she had gone too far. She had probally insulted or appaled Eclipse by the last bit, though she felt friendlier towards someone in the whole of her existence, it didn't seem to get her to fare any better.

That's what she was meant to do all her life- destroy fragile links of bonding and such; just when she had just started to break through to the outside world. The somber girl didn't blame Eclipse if she loathed her already. 'After all,' she thought to herself, 'I'm probally a easy person to hate, I suppose. Those poeple ignoring me at those parties and such in the past... They saw that in me. But I won't moan about this. That is not what Slytherins do.'.

She prevented any more emotions from channelling through her, and kept her mind free of all emotional feelings at the moment, her body free of all pyhisical torment, if any. Vera Shenes stared off into the imatation of the sky upon the ceiling, concentrating on the floating candles' firelight.

Years
  • The silence allowed me to clear my mind, to let the memories return to my mind. I remembered that fateful day inside the mansion. I had been a normal girl until then. Until I met Vincent. I had been a fool. Falling in love with what I beleived to be an understanding, loving person. I remembered how weak I was, how I was unable to resist his apologies.. that deep voice.. his promices of love... I rubbed my neck, feeling the bite mark, that was hidden from view by my robes. He had betrayed me and my family.. that one evening.. where I had sworn that I'd do anything for him.. and it was then that he did not bother to dull the pain with a kiss, his fangs had sunk straight into me, nearly killing me... His saliva had mixed with my blood... and now. I was a monster, like him... I shifted my hood so that it obsured my face, to hide the tears resulting from the memory.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • OOC: Gloomy... Misery... Depth. '-'

IC:
    Vera let out a string of inaudible sighs to herself, not bothering to move when she saw Eclipse stir. It wasn't her concern anymore. Then again, it never was. Pehaps she was just as bad as some of those other Slytherin first-years.

Oddbert, she didn't care anymore what of what others thought now...!

Vera turned her head towards Eclipse slightly, then snapped it back again, realizing what she was doing. She flinched as her scar sang, and a jolt of quick pain struck her.

From the high table, she could feel Slytherin's eyes resting upon her. Daring to peek at him, she saw that the edge of his mouth was twitching.

Of course.

Lying to herself was the best she could do in these circumstances.

At the moment, proud, hot-tempered, lax Vera did something, a change of prospective for these fleeting minutes:

She hated herself.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • The older Amherst, face piercing and cold as ice [colder even!], sat down near two girls, his eyes fixed on those being sorted. He hated the fact that he was gloomy, so he planned out his pranks; that always made him happy. A smirk then formed on his face, forgetting everything he was murky about. He quickly averted his gaze on the first years and switched to the girl that was looking at her. He found himself being his arrogant self and smirked at the girl.

"Take a picture; it lasts longer." His said coolly and mockingly. He sneered slightly and faced front, watching the child, her sister, being sorted, though he was really listening to the girls near her.

The child?s grin broadened, hearing her name being called. She practically bounced whilst she was walking up to the where the head masters and mistress were. She grinned merrily at them, while a woman with grey hair whom was dressed in yellow and a man dressed in red, bearing a lion emblem, walked towards her.

"Miss Amherst, please answer the subsequent questions." Ordered the man in red. As a response, Avril nodded and awaited the question that will be asked.

"How old are you?" The man inquired simply yet in a polite manner.

"I'm ten, sir." Avril answered, still overflowing with happiness.

"My, aren?t you young. Nonetheless, you seem capable of?" Avril couldn?t hear his last words, making her curious, once more. Her head tilted, straining to hear what he was saying but ended up to no avail.

"My dear," Now it was the woman who spoke. "If you were to?" Suddenly, the man clad in green stepped forward, a smirk visible on his, and interrupted the woman. ?What do you think was the purpose for your being?? He asked in a cold demeanor; clearly he knew that she would not be in his 'house' as it would be a shame does so.

"I?" There was a long pause before she continued on answering. "To help those in need; to save those in distress? That is why I? am here; to act as a hero to those who needs one." Avril answered firmly, though slightly unsure.

"You would risk your life for anyone? Die for them?"

Die "Yes, sir. 'Tis better knowing you have helped another."

The man in red quickly stood beside the Amherst and asked questions, as did the two ladies. It took them a while before they had finally made a decision.

"My, my child. Your bravery is quite admirable. Therefore, you belong in Gryffindor."
    The man shook Avril?s hand and gave her a slight smile. He then pointed her to where she would be seated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OOC: not as deep as I had intended though..

IC: Crap. of all people to see me crying, it had to be Vera.. not a great impression.. but now that my mind was open to memories, they came like a river, filling every open space in my mind.. I again lost touch with my surroundings, as i was flung into a nightmare made of my own memories..

Vincent, again... By now, I didn't want him to come.. I swore to myself that today, I wouldn't let him in.. I could hear his pacing upstairs, every step ment it was closer to midnight.. Finally, I heard his voice at the door, "Eclipse? sweetie, I'm sorry. Honestly, I am. I really havn't felt this way about anybody before now. Please, let me in."

I got up, and strided across the room, and had my hand reaching for the doorknob before i stopped, remembering my promice to myself. Again, I heard his voice. "Eclipse, please, I promice. I won't hurt you.I do feel bad about what I did to you"

Finally, I couldn't resist any longer. Despite my misgivings, I opened the door, and without any hesitation, I found myself in Vincent's arms, with his vampiric smile on his face. I tried to shove him away, saying "no.. you promiced.." but it was too late. for what felt like the millionth time, he had his fangs into my neck..

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • OOC: If you're speaking to Vera (well, your character, anyways.)...

IC: "Shut. Up." Vera said through gritted teeth, her left fist clenching underneath the table at the newcomer's arrival. This boy wasn't all that she had expected!

How foolish of her.

And was Eclipse... Crying?

Vera felt a tidalwave hit her, so fast that she couldn't breathe in normal breathes. It consisted of anger (towards this boy who was as arrogant as herself sometimes) and sympathy, unexpectantly, towards Eclipse, which she let show on her face, a bit, as she gave Eclipse a glance.

She hoped that wouldn't offend Eclipse any further.

...If the boy insulted Eclipse, or herself (once more), though... She'd kill him...

She glared at the back of the boy's head, boring a enourmous non-existent hole through it.

Years
  • I saw the sympathy, and I quickly put my thoughts aside, as i wiped my tears away, and said "sorry, sorry.. lost control of myself there for a moment." But even as I said that, I could almost feel Vincent's bite into my neck..

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • When the girl had answered Kanone, his smirked only widened. He turned adn faced them, ready to say another insult, when he saw a girl...crying? The expression on his that was once arrogant and bitter became soft. He hated seeing girls cry, so he hastily hid his face from the two. Being part of Slytherin, no one should ever see him being sympathetic to others.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • She smiled briefly at her; a true smile, and then, missing the turn-around that the boy made, scowled at him briefly.

'Say one word... Just one word... I'll murder you.' Vera beamed thosed words at him through her storm-colored eyes and mind, but of course, he could not hear them.

...And seeing Eclipse cry... It made her want to crash to peices herself. From that statue she had made herself...

...She felt her eyes reddening at the edges- no, no, NO!-, but thankfully, tears didn't seep through. Not since three years ago.

Vera sealed her eyelids, ready to back into under her carefully placed mask of a face. She hoped the pain wasn't too distinguishable on it.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • "It's not fun hiding how you feel, you know." Kanone said, in a soft tone yet loud enough for the girl to hear.

He didn't bother turning back at the girls and just stared at nothing. He steadied his eyes at the four headmasters and mistresses, examining each one; at least he'd have something to do. And something was better than nothing.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • "Why should anyone care?" She whispered hardly, tears now welling up in her eyes.
    Vera blinked those back. Now they felt like twin volcanoes.

"Besides, from the way everyone looks at me, I've none left... I might as well be a empty vessel, for all anyone cares... I'm devoid of feelings now. Now, survival is... Is..."

... Why should she tell all of this to another stranger, exploiting her weak points?
    And yet, she was. Disgraceful! A Venes would never...! Why! Curse herself a million years!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back