• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Hogwarts RPG of Ye Year of 1 (You got anything better?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • "Are you sure" I persisted, eyes furrowed. "You look quite pale." Just then, a voice boomed throughout the hall, deep, charming, and male. It said "All first-yars report to the High Table immediately for sorting." Looking over, I saw the speaker was a tall, well-built man, balding on top but with long hair flowing down to mid back. He was gressed in green and silver robes. Three others sat near him, obviously the Headmasters and mistresses. I started walking over to the table where they were at, on the far side of the hall.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera was glad for some change of movement, at last.

Not really centering any attention on the speaker (though she thought it might be possible that it might be the man who helped her get across the river to the other bank.), she trudged over to the table that the man spoke of, paushing dish-water blonde clumps of tresses to create a frame on boths the sides of her face for the moment, so her face would remain opaque, and tossed glares at anyone who even so much as glanced at her.

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • OOC:I'm here!!!!!!
    Name:Jasmine
    Description:She was a wild girl living in the Forbidden Forest. She has long black hair and green eyes.
    Personality:She hates people, loves animals, is very intelligent, and just recently, after living in the forest all her life with only Kree and Filli for company, decided to check out Hogwarts.
    House:Gryffindor
    Other:She will become a wolf Animagus later, and has two pets, Kree, a crow, and Filli, a rat.

IC: A ragged-looking girl burst through the doors of the Great Hall. Everyone's eyes were on her. They were astonished and confused at her wild appearance. Twigs were tangled in her crazy black hair. Her shoes seemed to be made of bark. She was confused, too. The hall was so strange to her. Kree screeched nervously, and Filli hid in her sleeve. Why had she chosen to come to this weird place? All was quiet, and if someone had dropped a pin right then, it would have echoed throughout the stunned hall.

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera's head went up, and she spun around, but gave no indication that she saw the girl burst in -on the outside- but on her beneath her lax facade came suprise. Who was this one? Did she trample through the woods to get here?...

Never mind.

She turned back to face the speaker with her head bent as it had previously been, but her head was intoxicated with questions about this new girl.

'How did she get here? Were-why-what?!'

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • They were all still gaping at Jasmine, making her feel uneasy. Even the person at the front who had been talking had stopped. She saw a line of students her age and, wanting to blend in, got in it. The speaker resumed talking, acting as if nothing had happened. A few kids were still staring at her, but most had gone back to listening to the speech. She wondered what this was about. Filli gave a tiny sqeak to show how nervous he was. "Don't worry, Filli," said Jasmine in a soothing tone. The little rat relaxed at the sound of her voice and fell asleep on her shoulder.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
  • i was told i can join, so, here i am!^^

but, i`ll have to post later, `cause i gotta leave.... pika-mew, you know what my chara is like... could you control her until i get back? (even though i havent pasted the looks `n stuff.... and her name is Saphira Moonstream.)

if you say yes, then thank you!^^'

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera rolled her eyes out of habit- come on, would they just get to the point of sorting them into their Houses? This was taking too long!

Now, upon the subject of becoming permenantly attached to a House came down upon her ago, as she hadn't given that much thought earlier.

She wasn't nervous, just confident that she would get into Slytherin. A
    fter all, her mother had told her so- then again, she was always mistaken about all the things she had predicted would happen to her youngest daughter...

But she had a feeling that she would indeed be sorted into the House.
    No, not a feeling.

She was positive- after all, all of her family had been in Slytherin. Even her idiot older sister, who had dropped out in the sixth year.
    She was sure.

She would not get into Hufflepuff (what a dishonor! Vera wasn't prejuduced, like most of her family, but the thought of getting into Hufflepuff was unbearable... It was supposed to be for people who were too kind, and always very much cheerful- Ugh. She shuddered at the thought of joining the ranks of numerous jubilant people.) or one of the other two.

Such a placement in the Shenes family would be considered a crime, so her relatives said! Slytherin was the only house worthy of their family, said her parents!

'And so Slytherin I will enter! Of course!', she thought, as she waited with the rest, eyes gleaming with anticipation, something that she had never had in the whole of her life. Then and there, Vera decided to push back her hair (and hopefully, no one had noticed the scar while most of her hair was over the frontside of her shoulders), and walk with pride towards Slytherin.

The Shenes girl powdered a bit of pride and confidence onto her mask. For once.

OOC: Also, I forgot: Vera can be:

Very prideful or arrogant at times.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • OOC:Kay dark_espeon, but you're not really missing much.
    IC:Saphira eyed the girl at the end of the line curiously. She was dressed in odd clothes, her shoes were made of some kind of bark, and there were twigs caught in her messy black hair. Snoozing on her shoulder was a rat, while a black bird flew above her. All three of them seemed scared to be in the Great Hall. I didn't see her on the train. Saphira thought to herself. Who was this girl? Where did she come from? Her curiosity got the better of her, and she walked towards the girl, her mind full of questions.

Jasmine looked up at the ceiling. At least that was familiar. Open sky. But she knew that it was really just enchanted to reflect the starry sky outside, for no chill came through the hall, and it wasn't dark. She didn't know much about people, but she knew about magic. Her parents had been a witch and a wizard. That she could remember. And they'd been killed by a man in the forest who used magic on them when Jasmine was just one year old. How she hated that man! She guessed that most people were like him, so she despised other humans ever since. She could remember the fire he had made with his 'wand' (a magical stick), and her parents' screams. And the man laughing..
    She pushed the thought away. "It was ten years ago," she told herself. "Forget about it." But she couldn't. Ever since that day, she had lived in the forest, with Kree and Filli. She had found the remains of her mother's 'wand' a year ago, and ever since had been teaching herself magic with it, so that she could one day get revenge on the evil man. She had pulled the ruined stick out of her pocket unknowingly as she thought about it, fingering it. When she realized what she was doing she quickly put it away.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
  • I reached the table first, facing the four founders. There were no chair for me. The other male, just as tale and muscular as the other (but far better looking and with more hair) gave me a brief smile before saying "What's your name?" I swiftly replied "Adair Abantiades, sir." The two women shared an amused look. One, dressed in blue and bronze then asked "And what, Adair, is the difference between a curse and a hex?" I answered as best I could, saying "A hex has no lasting enchantment effect, whereas a curse does, sometimes lasting for hours." The four took a few notes. Another question came. Apparently, this was how our Houses were decided, an extensive battery of questions.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    OOC: No, no, no! This is AFTER they created the Sorting Hat.

~Ozy~

Years
  • <OOC>It is? Well, can't we change it, say that comes in next year (I really don't want to edit my post, too lazy)?<OOC>

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • OOC: What Andra suggests is really reasonable. to me at least. Perhaps we could do that?

IC: "Avril, come." Kanone ordered, grabbing the younger Amherst's wrist. He dragged to her to the table the man had spoken of and pulled her close to him. "Even if we are placed in a different house, as Grandmother had said, always, and I mean always, come to me if you are in any trouble. Understand?" Kanone said softly yet sternly...in a way.

Avril giggled, her pastel cerulean eyes sparkling. "Yes, brother. Always." She answered cheerily. She gazed at the students around her, wondering why some appeared anxious and others confident.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • OOC: Thank you for that supportive note.

IC: Vera's eyes now strongly shone brilliantly as she realized that it would soon be her turn.

Head held high, she stepped forward a step to the crowded 'round table, with five people ahead of her.

She, for once, felt radiant -like her partying, spoiled, older sister acted all of the time-,though she knew that she wasn't pretty at all with her wavy hair and flint-colored eyes, like her doted-upon, fool of a sister with oh-so-beautiful golden flaxen hair and sea-shaded eyes.

Oh well, like it mattered! For once, she felt alright: Like there was nothing wrong with her, even the fact that she was ignored by most of Britain's population, and by her parents.

She was to be a Slytherin! Slytherins never shrank back from anything!

(Note: You can tell that she's being a bit arrogant and having her ego over-inflated right now! xp)

Still pumped up with self confidence, she suddenly felt a tap on the shoulder, and someone asking her softly; "Could you move up, please?".

Vera whipped around on her heel as the flaming temper she posessed got the better of her, and shot the offender -a plump, red-haired, young witch to-be, right before a azure-eyed girl and a boy- a steel-born glare.

The girl gave her a disbelieving, suprised stare, like she couldn't believe that the girl in front of her was glaring at her for this sort of thing.
    She flinched slightly under Vera's own antisocial stare, and attempted a sheepish smile.

With one final chilly stab, Vera turned around, feeling herself smirk on the inside as she became dizzy with confidence once more as she stepped forward lightly.

~Ozy~

Years
  • It was exhaustive test as I'd ever been through. At the end, the witch in blue and bronze (Rowena Ravenclaw, I'd found out) stood and said "You'll be in Ravenclaw, Adair, although it was a tough choice. Welcome." she extended her hand for me to shake and I took it as she continued "Unfortunately, we don't have any school dormatories yet, so you'll be staying in Hogsmeade. we should have the dorms done by the end of this year."

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Once it was her turn, she was suprised to see none other than the man who had helped her standing with three others.

To mask her surprise, she quickly wiped her face as blank as a piece of parchment, whist the adults studied her still, proud posture and lax face.

Then, a man bearing a lion crest bagan to ask her a question, but the green-crested aide -as she would call him for now- interupted what the scarlet-badged man was saying. The two women sitting on the side of them both glanced at each other; the one with a raven on her own crest looking meaningfully at the grey-haired witch that Vera recognized from before.

"What is your name, child? How old are you?" He asked smoothly, giving her a penetrating look that seemed to both reassure, and chill her.

"Vera Shenes, sir. Eleven, sir."

The man that had tried to say something to Vera tried again;
    "Salazar-"

"Now, now, Gryffindor.
    "Miss. Shenes. What is the aspect to suceeding in all of your aspirings?" He probed her in the same tone as before, with a slightly pleased look.

"Er," She stammered unsurely, hesitating to answer. Slytherin continued to gaze at her thoughtfully, and the two women whispered together, while eying her. Gryffindor looked at her intently.

What kind of question was this? What was it supposed to mean? What sort of answer was she to provide?

She sifted through her mind, searching for a suitable answer as quickly as she could. The prideful girl had heard this said somewhere... But where was that place and time?

Gryffindor cleared his throat, and the Slytherin House-Master looked at her again, raising a eyebrow, which surely meant 'You should know this.'.

And then it came to her: While they were on the riverbank he stang her across the cheek and said-

"Obedience to your elders. Respect to your elders. This will take you far if you are to reach your aims-sir." Vera replied in as even of a tone as she could to Slytherin.

Gryffindor aimed a look a Slytherin which he simply waved off with a airy gesture of the hand.

Slytherin weakly smiled-more like smirked, she thought- at Gryffindor, who frowned in response to him.

"Good. Now, Ravena, if you will so kindly proceed." Slytherin remarked to the blue-crested woman, who immediately twirled a wand from out of her robe pocket. Vera prepared herself for the next task, as Slytherin looked on.

---

"Vera Shenes. You are now in Slytherin." Salazar Slytherin stood up, and with a sweeping arm movement, lazily reached out and shook Vera's right hand.

Vera felt compelled to bow. So she did, inclining her head slightly downwards.

"I will do my most excelling, sir."

Years
  • When it was my turn, I could easily see the distate in 3 out of four of the headmasters. the only one not showing distate was Slytherin. "I beleive it would be best if you used the sorting hat instead." the one who was referred to as Gryffindor said. I was led by Slytherin to a chair where something covered my eyes, and i could feel a voice whispering into my ear. "well well.. vampiric.. potentially a killer.. yes, without a doubt, you belong to Slytherin. You'll do well there" And thankfully, nobody could see the vampiric smile that crossed my face, that would have revealed my fangs.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    OOC: Fine, we will have both. But next year it's the Sorting Hat.

BIC:
    Brandon heard his name and went to the four founders.
    "Brandon," Gryffindor began. "We know you are very smart. Yet very nice-"
    "So?" asked Brandon.
    "Don't interrupt me!" said Gryffindor angrily.
    "Sorry!"
    "Anyway, we want you to take a test,"
    ***​
    After Brandon had answered the questions and ended up in Ravenclaw, Merissa was called. She looked at Brandon who gave her a thumbs up.
    "Merissa," said Gryffindor. "Your brother has gone to Ravenclaw. Now we need you to take a test."
    "Okay..." said Merissa a bit scared.
    "Question one," began Gryffindor. "If you had an ability what would it be? Super Strength? Ability to fly? Invisibility? Or Transfiguration?"
    "Ummm..." she said thinking. "Super strength."
    "Interesting," said Alytherin with a grin on his face.
    "Question two," continued Gryffindor. "If you had a big wad of money would you spend it, donate it, save it or hide it?"
    "Ummm..." Merissa paused again. "Save it!"
    ***​
    Merissa had ended up and Slytherin and had seated herself at the far end of the table, not eager to engage in a conversation.
    George was also doing this. He looked up at Merissa with a bit of a saddened look. Merissa looked at him the same.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Once five students were finished with the sorting, a woman clad in blue with an emblem of a raven on top of her robe called the older Amherst and led him to a stool. "We have decided that the sorting hat would be used for you." The woman stated, placing the hat atop his head. Kanone nodded as a response and stared at nothing; fear and hope mixed in his eyes.

"Ah, what an uncanny mind." A voice, knowing and severe, abruptly said, making Kanone jump slightly. "Intrepid, witty, and arrogant, my, you would be able to fit in all three houses."

Kanone scowled faintly, hearing what the hat had said about him being arrogant. Yes, it was true, but still! He shook his head and listened intently as the hat continued on speaking. "A mind overflowing with mischief; quite troublesome, aren't you?" The hat continued, making Kanone scowl once more. "Undeniably, you belong in Slytherin!"

A frown suddenly appeared on his face. Slytherin? He sighed; now he was certain that he could not be with his little sister. The man clad in green shook his hand somewhat hesitantly whilst Kanone watched his sister at the corner of his eyes.

Don?t worry, brother. I'll keep my promise. The younger Amherst thought, smiling sweetly and knowingly at her brother.

OOC: I'll continue Avril's tomorrow since I have to sleep now. >>;;

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • What was the line for? Apparently it was for sorting students into "houses". Someone was calling names from a list. Oh no. Jasmine thought to herself. She would not be on that list. That would seem suspicious. She would not be allowed to stay, which would not have been a problem for her. In fact, this place just made her scared, and she wished she could go back to the forest. But she thought she should learn this magic that her parents had learned when they had come here. It would be very useful in the forest. And, more importantly, it might help her avenge her parents' deaths if she ever met that man again. So she had to stay. But when they saw that her name wasn't on the list..

The strange girl seemed deeply worried about something. "Hi," said Saphira. "I'm Saphira. Who are you?" She hadn't met anyone on the train, so she thought she could start now. The rat squeaked, and the bird cawed loudly, both perched on the girl's shoulders. The girl shrank back, eyeing her cautiously. "I'm Jasmine," she said, still looking at her with suspicious eyes. "This is Filli, and that's Kree."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back