• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I should put effort in writing my fanfics and planning my game ideas but I never get enough inspiration to start ;-;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Somniac's Kitty, I'm CC. :P I think you got us two confused ;)
Right, reading comprehension fails me yet again. Anyway, don't get me started on game ideas. I have this mega text that I could I post in the sub section of game development, but I still have to learn how to script, get the mapping started, and learn how to bargain for spriters.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I've heard pretty much all the major forums have one, even those dead forums run by AlexTheRose where I was a mod up until their impending death from inactivity.

Even zombies need brains to function, no?

I used to write fanfiction, but I can barely pull off a oneshot without getting all the stories' details jumbled in my head. I did write this one SatoHaru wedding fic that got meh reviews. ><

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I remember when Trade Corner used to not have posts counted toward your total. Was it CC who changed that? ;)

Gabri

m8
Years
I put almost zero effort into anything I write, really. The shortest and more concise, the better. I never felt the urge to write walls of text about anything.

Whenever I tried to intentionally write walls of text with lots of detail about something, I always ended up feeling like I was walking in circles and not explaining exactly what I wanted well enough to be understood. That's why I gave up some writing ideas I had (both fanfiction and original stuff).

Late entrance on the Winter DCC, gah

Honest

Hi!
Years
Six pages in, not that bad! Although, wow, 6 pages in one day. Give it three months, that means if we stay steady, we could hit 540 pages by March.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
540 is easy peasy for winter time. People stay in more, and ergo post more. I'd say we might even hit it by the end of February!

Also, I being up at 4 in the morning is not fun, cleaning crew for the building is here again. I swear to god if they bang into my door one more time...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
920 pages would be around 20 000 posts. I'm not sure any DCC ever achieved that during the one year and half I've been here

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait, how many posts per page are we talking here? The default is at 25, right? If so, yeah 925 would be insane. And I do believe the much much older DCC's should have hit 20k.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I remember when Trade Corner used to not have posts counted toward your total. Was it CC who changed that? ;)

I was part of that decision, yes.

---

We had a thread in the staff forum that had over 30k posts and it had to be closed because of double posting. :(

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You know I don't even think the forum could handle so many double posts. Like the universe would implode or some crazy stuff.

Years
It seems weird though, the posting lag nor the double posting problem existed in large threads on the old server, so I really wonder what happened :/

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Don't the new ones run on cloud computing? That could play a huge part, with the database not updating fast enough, or its outputting commands doubly for some strange odd reason.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
If we ever got that far, I'd hate to see the double posts. O.o

Just rejoice in the fact that, for now at-least, the double-posting is a thing of the past.

Golly this is meta. We're talking about the DCC in the DCC.

Ahem.
Imagine things go unexpectedly well and you get your dream present for Christmas. What is it?
Boring answers like 'money' will be judged silently.
Answers like '20-year-old Audrey Hepburn in a Mrs. Santa outfit' will be judged in an entirely different way. I commend your taste though, one can dream.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The next door neighbor finally talking to me. She's been leaving her window ajar all window, letting me sneak a peek at her in the shower will smoking on my balcony. And its knowingly too, with winks and nods flying all over the place. My god that ass on that girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back