• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Wait, it was said that this generation had two games left? I'd think that after Platinum and HGSS in Generation IV that we'd get one, and I heard nothing of that statement...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^It's the Pentagon thing mentioned before. ORAS only has data for trading with two more games.

I thought of another possible name...Z and (reversed) Z (when put together it'll look like Δ but with little lines sticking out at top). With Z having Mega Zygarde and (reverse) Z having Primal Zygarde. Z could be a sequel and reverse Z a prequel. Or both could be prequels seeing how GF said they weren't thinking of doing more direct sequels at the time (which would also rule out a Hoenn sequel btw).

Could also be Z and Delta Emerald...a third version getting a remake would be a curveball and GF said they wanted to surprise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    ^It's the Pentagon thing mentioned before. ORAS only has data for trading with two more games.

I thought of another possible name...Z and (reversed) Z (when put together it'll look like Δ but with little lines sticking out at top). With Z having Mega Zygarde and (reverse) Z having Primal Zygarde. Z could be a sequel and reverse Z a prequel. Or both could be prequels seeing how GF said they weren't thinking of doing more direct sequels at the time (which would also rule out a Hoenn sequel btw).

Could also be Z and Delta Emerald...a third version getting a remake would be a curveball and GF said they wanted to surprise.

No more Hoen please, I really want a new Kalos game.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Id love a 'Mega heartgold/Uber Soulsilver' version personally. Kanto/Johto are my favourite areas and 16 gyms and loads more world would be lovely to see. Im sure next itll be sinnoh though.

Years
  • 0_o I doubt the last two would be Sinnoh remakes.

@ janejane Well the other one (Z) would be a Kalos game. I do think GF will end up making two Kalos games though...I am fond of Pokémon Z so I hope they use the name, maybe alongside Pokémon A or Pokémon (reverse) Z.

Years
  • I think that the next game will come out this year. They've been popping out a game a year since Platinum in 2009, and they probably won't stop that trend soon. And since 2015 is the 20-year anniversary of the series, they'll probably wanna do something for that.

You raise a pretty good point in that they've brought out main-series games annually since Platinum, so I'm inclined to think the same, that we can expect the next instalment to come late-2015. I just hope their celebration of the 20th anniversary isn't something like "Oh, Red and Blue are now available on the Eshop", because that's so Nintendo.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No more Hoen please, I really want a new Kalos game.
    Agreed. I think ORAS and revisiting Hoenn was fantastic for the sake of an anniversary and special occasion. Now I want to return to Kalos and explore more of what it has to offer. I really enjoyed the region, so much more than I did Unova previously. There's a certain charm there that's wasn't present in Unova, similar to Gens 1-4 regions, but different at the same time. There's plenty more they can do with it.

I feel rather certain we'll see a return to Kalos. I'm just curious as to what it'll be exactly. Obviously, GF has enjoyed throwing us a curve ball with BW2 as sequels, so I wonder what we'll see here.

A pretty legit curve ball would be a whole new "generation", perhaps with a smaller region and some new Pokemon. Maybe something along the lines of Gen 6.5 or something lol.

Years
  • You raise a pretty good point in that they've brought out main-series games annually since Platinum, so I'm inclined to think the same, that we can expect the next instalment to come late-2015. I just hope their celebration of the 20th anniversary isn't something like "Oh, Red and Blue are now available on the Eshop", because that's so Nintendo.

Zekrom was wrong in that post, the real anniversary is next year (RG came out in 1996 in Japan, not 1995, you can verify by looking at Bulbapedia). Also as I said before the annual game thing since Pt is inaccurate for Japan (for the rest of the world it is though) seeing how Gen V had a gap between pairs. I'm still waiting on more movie info, but right now it doesn't seem like Zygarde will be featured, if that ends up being the case then chances of a Kalos game (which is likely the only case at this point) game coming this year will be quite low, seeing how the third version (or sequels in BW's case) mascot's movies since Crystal-Pokemon 4Ever tend (I think all actually have) to come out (in Japan) before their game comes out (but the game is announced before the movie comes out). If it comes out this year the latest I expect an announcement is April (as the movie is in July). That or the Pokemon Company is breaking tradition.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I really wish the Generation 1 games would get remade. The only way I can play those now is by rom and it just doesn't feel the same. I would have at this point done a reverse Johto, where you start in Kanto then get to go over there and get the other eight badges.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure we're not long off the announcement of the next instalment, it was around this time we heard of the news of Black 2 & White 2. It seems they've been releasing mainstream games on a yearly basis more recently, so I'm thinking the next set of game(s) could arrive late this summer?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was thinking that the announcement won't happen until the early summer actually. ORAS was announced roughly 6 months after XY came out, so they'll probably do the same again and not announce too soon, give people some time with ORAS before moving on.

But I also kinda wish that they would announce it sooner rather than later.

Years
  • I was thinking that the announcement won't happen until the early summer actually. ORAS was announced roughly 6 months after XY came out, so they'll probably do the same again and not announce too soon, give people some time with ORAS before moving on.

But I also kinda wish that they would announce it sooner rather than later.

It was actually 7 months, which means we will have an announcement in June if they do it 7 months after ORAS so yeah, late Spring/early Summer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I think it would be revealed that Hoopa is native to Hoen instead of Kalos. He has the island feel to him lol. I would be cool if the third X and Y game tied in with Hoen.

Years
  • I think it would be revealed that Hoopa is native to Hoenn instead of Kalos. He has the island feel to him lol. I would be cool if the third X and Y game tied in with Hoenn.

If that's the case GF should have Hoopa trigger an event involving Mirage Tower and have it be filled with gold, seeing how Hoopa is rumored to live in a desert...

I do think Hoopa has a connection to Kalos. The Anistar sun dial has Diancie like crystal and Hoopa like rings. It's possible that those two legends crafted the sundial.

lando

Hoenn's Champ
    Years
  • I want the next games to tie with Hoenn something like Pokemon Delta Z. Am I the only one thinking this? lol But I think Pokemon Delta Z is a good game name.

Years
  • I don't know, that might actually make a good idea. Since the Delta Episode talks about the war that XY stemmed from, there might be some things that ORAS incorporated thrown into what comes next for Kalos.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Y'know I wouldn't be surprised to see both Kalos and Hoenn incorporated into the next set of games, going by ORAS they both seem to be connected to one another in this Generation. It's an interesting idea since something like this hasn't really been done before, the Delta Episode provided plenty of room for expansion too. I have a feeling that we will be seeing Zinnia make a reappearance alongside AZ, both playing a prominent role.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back