• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Day 02 - Your favorite Pokemon

I honestly can't pick a single Pokemon as a favorite. For the longest time, I liked Lucario, then Espeon. Right now, it's probably either Eelektross or Drifblim.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Day 02 - Your favourite Pokemon

I've been saying this to a few people over the last few days, but I wouldn't say I had one favourite Pokemon. For the most part, it seems to change between a select few. At the moment, I'd say it would be Aerodactyl, hands down. However, a few weeks ago, it was probably Lapras (when I was trying to find one in Black version), and before that it was Excadrill (when it was kicking ass and taking so many names). So... yeah. Don't have ONE favourite Pokemon, so to speak of. Sorry!

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011

My favorite pokemon will always be haunter. Not only are his moves amazing, but he was the first pokemon that I thought was both hilarious and intimidating. I just remember thinking, holy crap, it would be so awesome to own a haunter lol.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
Day 1 - Your First Pokémon Game

Yellow Version.

I am in love with Archeops right now. I'm a huge prehistoric life and dinosaur enthusiasts and to see something like Archeops made me leap with joy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
Day 2: Your Favorite Pokemon

That's like asking what my favorite song is; I can't pick just one! Absol, Galvantula, Luxray, Leafeon, Scyther...they're all up there. But if I had to pick one, it would be Suicune. Legendaries aren't usually my favorites, but Suicune is just such an amazing Pokemon. It's powerful, it looks threatening, and it manages to be graceful at the same time. Plus it's the mascot of my favorite game, Crystal. I remember hearing that cry and EPIC battle music trying to catch Suicune :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Day 02 - Your favourite Pokemon?

The great Pokemon ever, Vaporeon. It has never changed and it never will. I love it because of haw cute and awesome it looks, how powerful it is, how it was one of the first Pokemon I ever used and saw and many more reasons.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Sydian, y u no tell me about this 4?

Day 01 - Your first Pokemon game
Pokémon Stadium was my first if I remember correctly. Either that or Pokemon Gold version. Pokemon Stadium was an amazing game, and I always enjoyed some of those minigames. I remember taking ages just to get good at Snore Wars, and I remember never being able to defeat Sabrina. Her Pokemon were too awesome for me, and I would always think about using the Ghost types only. Someone had to beat her for me. It also introduced me to the fact that a Zapdos' Thunderbolt won't work against a Nidoqueen. -_-

Spoiler:

Gee, this changes all the time for me, and because of Hiidoran, I'm getting a liking for Heatran as well. But my favourite Pokemon right now would have to be probably Poliwhirl. It looks awesomely amazing, and I just can't explain my love for Poliwhirl. It's got a mix of attacks, which really helps out a lot for me. <3

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
Day 1 - Your First Pokémon Game

Yellow Version.

Probably the Pansage line right now. I just love the concept (it's cute), plus it's a monkey with seed bombs. And that awkward movement in the animation sprite. Though for a majority of the time it has been Aerodactyl. So versatile! So quick! So strong! Pterodactyl!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Day 3: A Pokemon that is underrated
Smeargle
- I think people forget that this is probably the most customizable Pokemon movewise~ And it's very unique and cute! But I think that's irrelevant as to why it's underrated...
Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon that is underrated
Tough question ftw~ I would have to go with something like Masquerain for this. It has a very nice moveset, being able to dish out many powerful moves such as Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball, Bug Buzz and many more. It's just awesome in it's moveset, and it's really cute to boot. :D
284.gif

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Day 03 - Underrated Pokemon: I'm saying 2 Pokemon here: Archeops and Sigilyph.

Archeops:
567.gif

Even though Archeops is held back by Defeatist, its high offenses and Speed ensure that it almost always gets an attack in before it gets into Defeatist range. It can also utilize Flying Gem + Acrobatics to cause massive damage to almost anything.

Sigilyph:
561.gif

Even though it has the same trollish Speed as Haxorus, Sigilyph makes a good Special sweeper. It can use Magic Guard to protect itself from the destructive effects of Leech Seed, burn and poison. Even though Reuniclus is better at using the Magic Guard + Life Orb strategy, Sigilyph can do it decently.

Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon that is underrated
I think Fearow certainly needs more love. Of course, it's not very good competively, but even in-game most people seem to prefer the Pidgey line. Fearow has stats focused on offense (unlike the balanced Pidgeot), has access to what was for a long time the best of all Flying moves, Drill Peck, and it its looks aren't too bad either, I'm especially fond of its first generation backsprite:
Spr_b_g1_022.png

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Day 02 - Your favourite Pokemon-
Cherrim, Cherubi. Both so cute and awesome. Also Alomomola. Cool name and it was pretty awesome in the Anime.

Day 03 - A Pokemon that is Underrated-
phione.png
Phione ;_; IT IS A LEGENDARY TOO YOU KNOW PEOPLE!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Day 03 - A Pokemon that is Underrated
Nidoking. The more offensively oriented of the Nidos, this guy is capable of doing a ton of damage and can have quite diverse movesets.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 03 - Underrated Pokemon:

Honestly? I really think Wigglytuff is a underrated pokemon:

Spoiler:

Because it has a REALLY good movepool. The thing is, I guess game freak nerfed it like crazy. @-@; I also loved him at PM2. ^___^ HE WAS THE BEST. =D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Day 03 - A Pokemon that is underrated

Clefable, in my opinion, is underrated. Its so cute in my opinion! And Magic Guard gives it loads of stuff to work with, seriously. I'm surprised that not much people use Clefable.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Ludicolo - Like seriously.... That thing can do pretty much anything with proper setup. Yet I see so many people NOT WANTING TO USE IT because Lotad is difficult to train.... That pineapple saved me from ice beams in my monotype... dancing Mexi pineapple FTW
272.gif

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

For me, Lanturn is really underrated. It's a good Water AND Electric Pokemon, and quite bulky if you think about it... but it never seems to get used all that much. Shame, really. I have a little soft spot for it, I s'pose!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Day 01 - Your first Pokemon game

My first pokémon game was Pokémon Emerald. I got it for Christmas (presumably in 2005). It took me until late 2006 to get past Slateport City for some reason, but I still love the game to this day (although the length of the storyline loses some replay value).

Well, it's a tie between many pokémon, and is ever-changing, but my current mood puts the top three as Bulbasaur, Charizard and Blastoise.

Bulbasaur is pretty cool, the easiest starter to use, Red had one, Ash still does (I love its' cry in the anime, even though I've hardly ever seen it), and overall it's just a cool pokémon.

Charizard is also cool, possibly one of the strongest starters (the strongest Kanto starter, if you ignore its' weakness to Stealth Rock in competitive play), it's a Dragon, used by Lance, and thus learns cool moves such as Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse. It's also the only Flying-type starter, and when I first got my copy of Pokémon LeafGreen in 2008, I chose Charmander, and Charizard may well have been the last pokémon that I ever raised to level 100 by myself (my Dragonite was my last lv.100, but it was traded as a Dratini).

Blastoise...well, I've never used it, but it looks cool when I face Blue's Blastoise in LeafGreen. I may be using it in a challenge soon, it's useful (learns all the water-type HMs), and it evolves from Squirtle, who is really cute.

Here's pretty pictures of them all guys:

Spoiler:

Well, there are many, some of which I've seen mentioned in the above posts. However, I'm going to go and promote Slowbro and Slowking, who are really nifty, with nice typing, and well, these slow sloth pokémon can actually be used well competitively you know! They are both lower-tier pokémon who can be used right up in OU (at the moment, Slowbro seems to be slightly more popular), yet excel in their own tiers. They have pretty good movepools, are bulky but have power, and I like their designs too. Here's pictures of them...you know you want to:
Spoiler:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon That Is Underrated

208.png

Steelix - This thing is great. Most people don't say it's very bad but really rarely do I see anyone noticing what an exceptional Lead it makes or just how good a Curse Tank it can be too. All whilst getting a hugely powerful Earthquake to fire off at everything and Gyro Ball to complement its horrible Speed. Really it is much more useful than people at first think, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back