• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome to the PC 30 days of Pokemon challenge!
Yes, this is essentially the same as Mr Cat Dog's song challenge and Captain Fabio's video game challenge. Thanks to them for the idea and thanks to Miss Doronjo for letting me post this here! :)

In this challenge, it's essentially like the other two, only the questions are Pokemon related. Now, some are game or anime specific, but for the most part, you can answer these for any part of the franchise (games, anime, manga, TCG, or just a Pokemon in general). Get creative with responses! Here is a list of questions:

Day 01 - Your first Pokemon game
Day 02 - Your favourite Pokemon
Day 03 - A Pokemon that is underrated
Day 04 - Your favorite item
Day 05 - Character you feel you are most like (or wish you were)
Day 06 - Most annoying character
Day 07 - Favourite couple
Day 08 - Best soundtrack
Day 09 - Saddest scene
Day 10 - Best game innovation
Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise (games, manga, anime, etc.)
Day 12 - An anime episode everyone should see
Day 13 - A Pokemon you've used more than five times
Day 14 - Current (or most recent) Pokemon wallpaper
Day 15 - Post your current team from a game of your choice
Day 16 - Favourite cut scene
Day 17 - Favourite antagonist
Day 18 - Favourite protagonist
Day 19 - Picture of a Pokemon town/city you wish you lived in
Day 20 - Favourite region
Day 21 - Game/Arc with the best story
Day 22 - A movie which disappointed you
Day 23 - Most interesting Pokemon sprite, in your opinion
Day 24 - Favourite classic game/episode
Day 25 - A Pokemon you plan on using
Day 26 - Best voice acting
Day 27 - Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)
Day 28 - Favourite gym leader
Day 29 - A Pokemon you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
Day 30 - Your favourite Pokemon game of all time

Depending on what day of the challenge it is, you will answer that day's question. Here's the format for doing so:

- The Day it is (Day 01 and so on, NOT THE DATE PLEASE): the question from that day
- Why you picked whatever the question asks
- Optional: A video or picture from relating to that question, but please, place this in spoilers.

Example Post said:
Day 00: How should I post this?
This way
- This is essentially the format that is used in these types of things.
Spoiler:

Late to the challenge? Fear not!
Latecomers should post with whatever the CURRENT DAY asks of them, but they can post earlier ones as well, if they want to catch up to everyone else. If you have any concerns, check this post as I'll be crossing the days off as we do them. If it has been crossed off, don't start with it. (Yeah, I couldn't word it better than Mr Cat Dog either...lol)

It's apparently really hard to post on the correct day. PLEASE don't get ahead. It's really not hard to wait a day guys, REALLY. It's not. I've been doing good keeping up with posting right at midnight so that everyone knows what day it is.

When does it start?
I've picked a weird time to post this thread, and I'm HORRIBLE with time zones. :( The first day will probably last the longest because I didn't pick a great time to make this. But the cutoff times will be midnight central time (-6), excluding day 1. Day 1 will end at midnight April 28th. Blame me for the weird timing on this, sorry! NOTE: Guys, remember you have to wait on midnight in Central time before you can post the next day. Some of you guys really need to read the rules to this. :[ I'm sure Miss Doronjo is tired of deleting posts.

If you have any questions, feel free to VM me, Sydian, or Miss Doronjo about it and we'll be happy to help. :) If you enjoy this challenge, check out the video game challenge hosted by Captain Fabio and/or the song challenge hosted by Mr Cat Dog.

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Silver Version.
Oh I remember it fondly. My birthday. I was woken up from the couch (Yes, back in third grade I had to sleep on a couch) It was my first birthday in Idaho. My mom had bought me the game... and my grandma had mailed THIS from California...
Spoiler:

I was freaking ecstatic. I actually still have the GBC, though the game has long since vanished. (Which sucks. I had conquered the thing with everything level 100) I got red a couple years later from my now brother-in-law. Don't have that either, but I have blue version now.... (Even though I don't think it saves anymore)
I play it for the nostalgia. :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

POKEMON YELLOW~! ^^

Spoiler:

I used to think it was hard as hell. D=
Well probably because my training sucked, but! Yeah...

Its still a really fun game. ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Day 1: Your First Pokemon Game
Pokemon Yellow
- I think it was my 6th or 7th birthday. I honestly can't remember. :( But I played my cousin's Yellow that she got for her birthday a few months before and my me maw took notice and got me my own when my birthday rolled around the corner in August. I wasn't good at the game, and never got past Brock and then lost it along with my other Game Boy games, and the Game Boy itself. But it was my first game, so yeah. lol I've gotten a lot better ever since of course. :) Oh. And I was pissed that I got stuck with a damn Pikachu and got jipped out of having an Eevee, who at the time was my favorite. And Pikachu is STILL my least favorite.
Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Red Version.
Oh how nostalgic. I remember my old Vaporeon, my first Pokemon that I ever caught on my brothers game. This is one of the reasons I like Vaporeon so much by the way. That started my long love of Pokemon shortly followed by Pokemon Gold. I look back on how average I was and laugh.
Spoiler:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
My first game was Pokemon Blue I had received for Christmas! So many good souvenirs from that game!
Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Pokemon Emerald
was the first game I officially owned. The first game I played was Pokemon Red and Blue on my friend's GBC. Oh the memories of almost smashing my friend's GBC because its always "the bag is full!". xD

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Day 01 - Your very first Pokemon game
I've been watching the anime since it first came out here in '98, but I strangely didn't hear of the games until 2000 or so. So, I received Pokemon Gold for my sixth birthday. Ah, how nostalgic. I made numerous mistakes in that first playthrough.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Yay~ a Pokemon version!

Day 1- Your first Pokemon game

Pokemon Yellow
The first game I ever played was the Blue version, but the first one I owned is Yellow:

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Day 01 - Your first Pokemon game: My first Pokemon games were Ruby and Sapphire. I was getting a Game Boy Advance as my birthday gift, and I could choose my games. So I went with Ruby and Sapphire. I decided to do Sapphire first because I thought Kyogre looked better than Groudon. I was hooked on to the game as I played; though I never finished the game the first time, I still had fun doing it.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Day 01 - Your First Pokemon Game
Gold Version. My older brother got Silver. My Gold Version really acts up now, so I have my brother's Silver Version, but I owned Gold first.
Spoiler:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Pokémon Gold version <333333333333333

Spoiler:

Because my older brother has Silver I got Gold on my Gameboy Colour (and I remember thinking how amazing the graphics were lololololololollmao) and I loved it so much I played through it like 7 times before getting Sapphire when that came out (and the graphics weer sooo much more amazing i played it non stop). I love Ho-oh too, so much more than Lugia.

Last edited:
Years
Yay, another one of these!

Red. Found out about Pokemon during some vacation in what I believe to have been summer '99 - I was seven - , was fascinated and got Red almost immediately after returning back home. The hardest part was finding out how to save because not the word I was looking for but a rarer, somewhat synonymous word I never had seen being used in that context before yet was used in the menu. After that the game was easy, the fact that I somehow learned about Missingno. pretty quickly was a reason for that.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
Emerald. It was back in elementary school. I remember when I got my brand new gba SP, I also got Emerald and Sapphire with it. My first playthrough was of Emerald, so technically that's my first Pokemon game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Day 01 - Your First Pokemon Game

Pokemon Blue. My mother got Red and Blue, Red for my sister, Blue for me. Perfect for us because they're similar enough that we won't whine that we want what the other has, but different enough that we still felt like unique little snowflakes.

Years
Yay! A Pokemon version of this!

My first Pokemon game? That was Emerald! I hadn't started playing Pokemon games till the summer of
'69 '06 when a friend of mine forced me to try Pokemon Emerald as he was stuck in a certain part of the game (He was unable to locate Team Aqua's submarine. :p). I tried playing it and developed a linking towards the game and even today, Pokemon Emerald continues to be my favourite game. Ah, those newbie gaming days where I went single-handedly against the gym leaders and Elite 4 with a Lv. 80 Sceptile, and the frustration of not knowing how to escape from wild Pokemon... Fun times.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

I'm sure I'll be the only one who was introduced by a side series, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team was what introduced me to the series. I played it until my starter was a lvl 100 and spent about 100 hours playing it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
ZOMG! STOP STEALING THESE FROM ME/FACEBOOK!*

*Ah, what the heck... the more the merrier? And it IS hard to write all these rules relatively coherently; you did a good job, Syd!

Pokemon Blue (Game Boy): Got it for my ninth birthday, I believe after what must have been one of the biggest media blitzes to hit the UK for so many years. Pokemon fever was just everywhere you went, and I didn't want to be left out, nosiree. I think I still have my Blue cartridge somewhere, so it'd be interesting to see what my final team was!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Day 01 - your first Pokemon game:
The first one I played was Red that my younger brother got for his ninth birthday. I would help him in places and level-grind his pokemon for him. My first Pokemon game was a Blue version that I got for Christmas two months later. I was caught up with my brother's game plotwise within a week, but his Charizard still had an immense level lead on my Blastoise. XD

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
Yay, more thirty day challenges. ;)

Day 01 - Your first Pokemon game.

Pokemon Leaf Green Version.

A little more info...

I think this was my first Pokemon game, I'm not 100% sure but I'm quite positive it was. It was either Leaf Green or Yellow which I received from a friend. I still have the old Leaf Green game cartridge but unfortunately I have no way of playing it. Would like to give it an old run again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back