• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustInsane

Breeder
Years
Day 30: Your favourite Pokemon game of all time
I loved leafgreen, spent tons of hours on emerald and had a blast catching all the pokemon. Soul Silver is amazing and I think it's my new favorite or probly tied with blue version. Going back and playing the original games is so fun somehow. They're so addicting I don't know why maybe it's just that nostalgia, makes me feel like a little kid again.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Pokemon Emerald, not only because its the first Pokemon I had, but because I have a lot of memories on that game. I had my first Pokerus, first shiny, first lv. 100, and pretty much everything first. Except for my first Cofagrigus though. =p

And wow, we've been on this for a whole month successfully! :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Probably Pokemon Gold. I spent most of my childhood playing it and every time I play it I get a nostalgic feel. Not to mention the wonderful music and gameplay. And the ability to go to two regions. Who can't love that?

Also, 1234 posts!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Day 27 - Best battle you had: The first battle I had against Steven. He was a challenge, but it was worth it when I finally took him down.

Day 28 - Favorite gym leader:
Kanto: Lt. Surge. He's from America after all.
Johto: Clair. Well, just take a look at her.
Hoenn: Winona and Flannery. (same reason as Clair)
Sinnoh: Byron and Roark. I liked their relationship as father and son.
Unova: Elesa. Wow, she's gorgeous. Seriously.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Day 28 - Favorite gym leader:
Kanto: MISTY! Only coz of the anime.
Johto: Jasmine. Because I always liked her the best. I like how she is in Sinnoh too and how you can battle her in contests.
Hoenn: Juan/Wallace. Both have an awesome city.
Sinnoh: Fantina. She was just really cool in the anime, had a cool gym and the most amazing city. I like how you can verse her in pkm contests too.
Unova: Skyla. She just looks good, and I like her choice of pokemon. She has a cool gym too.

Pokemon White. Just an amazing graphical game which revolutionized pokmeon. I have never been so ramped up before :D

Cid

Years
Sigh, it's over already... It seems like yesterday when I was just catching up starting.
It was really fun to participate, though. :3

After finishing the main story with a bang recently, Pokemon Emerald gets this award for me, too! I love that game in so many ways. It wasn't my first game, but it was the earliest one that I finished (including post-game) without anyone's help (Gold, I had to ask for help from my older brother most of the time, and Ruby during the difficult parts). I guess that's because I already knew how to get around the region due to having finished Ruby. For some of my other reasons, I could sum it up as containing most of my favourites in the main series. Hoenn is my favourite region. Verdanturf is my favourite town/city. Wattson is my favourite Gym Leader. Steven is my favourite champion (and was an awesome tag battle partner, too). Emerald's version mascot, Rayquaza, was also one of my favorites, the first one that was in the cover of a game I actually played and finished (Blastoise was my favourite version mascot, but I haven't played Blue by then). I could list more, but I guess everyone already gets the point. XD
So yeah, I think it really deserves being my favourite for all those reasons. :D

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Platinum, because it's like they took all the flaws in D/P and fixed them and added in a more drawn-out storyline. Leaf Green comes in second for its mix of nostalgia and the cutest Pokemon protagonist ever.

B/W have some good ideas but fall flat due to numerous flaws in their execution.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Day 30 - Your favorite Pokemon game of all time
Pokemon Colosseum - My thoughts when it first came out was OMG I get to catch other trainers pokemon awesome! Wait and they have Shadow Moves that are only on this game, even more cool! Not to mention I could get Jirachi from my Bonus Disc and Ho-oh from Mt. Battle so that was an added bonus. Really this game was a breathe of fresh air to me, it was different then the main series and Pokemon Stadium so taking aspects from both of those and making it into one game was pretty interesting and enjoyable.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
Day 28: Favourite gym leader
Giovanni. I always thought it was pretty awesome how a mob boss and leader of Team Rocket could also be a gym leader. He's one of my favorite villains.

Day 29: A Pokemon you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving
Oshawott. Though I don't like its English name, I can't help but love the little guy. When I first saw it, I thought it was the ugliest starter ever, and that it looked like something thrown together and colored by a 3 year old. But Oshawott has really grown on me, so much so that I chose him as my starter. It really helps that it evolves into a badass sea lion with a sword.

Day 30: Your favorite Pokemon game of all time
You know, I was about to say Crystal, because I just love everything about it and all the memories it has given me. But I just now finished the main storyline of White....and it blew me away! I've mentioned GSC so many times that I thought I should choose White instead. Once I got past the lack of old Pokemon, I realized just how great a game this is. It felt like a whole new start for me, unlike Generations 2, 3, and 4. All the areas of the game look amazing, and the music was very well-executed! The storyline was more dark, edgy, and mature, and I love how it was woven into the 8 gyms and Elite 4. And the cutscenes.....they made it so epic, especially at the end! It makes me wonder how an RSE remake would look!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
I'm going to have to go with LeafGreen. There is just something special about revisiting the game that hooked me as a child and having it all shiny and updated and still as fun as ever. I don't know what happened to it, I wish I still had it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Day 30: Your favorite Pokemon game of all time

I'm gonna categorize this in Normal Games and Spin-offs.

Out of the regular Pokemon games, my all-time favorite would have to be a cross between Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black/White. Crystal's bringing in the girl character and the animated sprites and other stuff really did it for me back when I had a GBA. I also love how it promotes the introduction of shinies furthermore by having the daycare people give you a mystery egg with a 1/2 chance of being shiny. Emerald introduced the first Battle Frontier, plus is made both groups evil and brought back the animated sprites. I wasn't too fond of 3rd gen. as a whole, but Emerald is definitely something else. As for Platinum, I'm a huge fan of Giratina, and I really love the new formes plus the Battle Frontier (though it doesn't top Emerald's BF). I also really, really, really love the Torn/Distortion World not only for its design but for its music. I love that piece so much <3333 Finally, Black/White still continues to blow me away with its graphics, music, characters... I love pretty much everything the game has to offer. Except I wish they had a Game Corner. I wouldn't even care if they had Voltorb Flip again or something similar to it. I also would like a Battle Frontier in BW too; the Battle Subway just doesn't cut it.

Regarding spin-offs, my favorites are PMD2 (Explorers of Sky in particular) and XD: Gale of Darkness. PMD2 was sadder than the first installments, and the music was also well-done. I also enjoyed all of Explorers of Sky's enhancements, especially the Spinda Cafe, Shaymin Village, Sound Test (OMG more Pokemon games need one of these), and the side stories. Regarding XD, I prefer Colosseum's plot and character over XD's anyday, but I think the battle system and Shadow Pokemon moves and stuff were a lot better in XD. Plus, you got to choose what Eeveelution you wanted, and you could even get a female Eevee if patient enough to SR for it :>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Day 55 - Favorite Pokemon game of all time: Hard to say, but it's a tie between Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White. I enjoyed the storylines of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back