• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Moonshine

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Wow this hack really hasn't got the attention it deserved
    Hows it going Ninja?
    I like the Mt Hywell map

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Third gym, although only two are accessible.

Oh noes.

Okay, guys, I have bad news.

My ROM has officially kicked the bucket. I'm starting over on a new ROM. I still have the maps and the scripts, so I'll be back where I was in no time at all.

Last edited:

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Rival battle screws up for me as well and the rival lands on top of you

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hm. The moving onto I can fix, but the rival battle...I dunno what's wrong with it.

I'm starting over, so completely ignore that beta now. Nobody will know! ;)

'kay, I've got some news.

Attenshun!

I'm starting the hack over again on a cleaner ROM because my ROM is stuffed :( Anyway, my plan from here is to insert my maps and scripts and clean up the ROM to eliminate all glitches. Then, I'll release the fixed beta and put some more screens into the first post, then ask my friendly neighbourhood moderator to get this moved to the Hacks Showcase.

Oh, and I'll need beta testers. Anyone interested again?

Kirby. No, wait, I mean updates. xD
    Yo.
    I have an update for all you update-hungry people ready to chatter about the thread. :D Alright, you guys know how I said I was going to insert new tiles, but the crappy beta only had one new one, right? Well, I've got some more right here.
    copyofcopyofcopyofpokemcw4.png

Take a peek at the new-look Bulbun Town, peeps. :D If you look at the name, yes, it took me three tries to realise that Fangking's tiles just don't agree with FR. xD Anyway, I've inserted the Littleroot Town tiles into Bulbun town and they look pretty splendid, don't they? The reason the door looks nutty is because Emerald has weird giant doors. >.<

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Alright, I now have 2 beta testers - Dratii and colcolstyles.
    :D

Anyone else wanting to join? I'll send you guys the beta once I'm back at where I was.

Years
  • I'll gladly beta test it.

You're doing a great job, it looks pretty good. I hope you finish it. Good luck. :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hey, all, how're you all going?
    I'm currently inserting music into Moonshine as that's the only thing I feel like doing. I've inserted:

Littleroot Town > Pallet Town
    Petalburg City > Viridian City
    Lavaridge Town > Lavender Town
    Emerald Route themes > FR Route themes
    Emerald Bike theme > FR Bike theme

And I want to get the music for Verandturf Town in but it sounds horrific. I'm asking Haraken how he did it for now. :\

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Will this game consist of alcohol or is the title a lie?

No and no. The moonshine doesn't have to be alcohol, ya know. >:| I'm getting Thrace to change the name to Moonlight. >;]

IN GOOD NEWSES, I DID SOMETHING.

pokemonmoonshine01yc3.png
    pokemonmoonshine02ul4.png

No way, huh? Fangking's tiles - inserted beautifully. I just found the right ones, too. xD Oh, yeah, I only realised that there's a tree shading error in that first one there. xD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • IN GOOD NEWSES, I DID SOMETHING.

No way, huh? Fangking's tiles - inserted beautifully. I just found the right ones, too. xD Oh, yeah, I only realised that there's a tree shading error in that first one there. xD
    Ooh, nice update. Wait, weren't those tiles in RSE, like Vendanturf town or something? I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyways, got anything for me to beta test? I've got some spare time — well, technically I should be studying for finals — so I can play through whatever you've got and find any errors.
    P.S. I didn't provide proof in my application before so here's a bug report I did for Genesis. And that's only the very beginning of the hack ;)

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    No and no. The moonshine doesn't have to be alcohol, ya know. >:| I'm getting Thrace to change the name to Moonlight. >;]

IN GOOD NEWSES, I DID SOMETHING.

OH NOEZ NINJA ACCTUALY DID SOMETIN
    THE WORLDZ GONA ENDZ!

anyway those are great tiles inserted
    I prefer Fankings tiles as well
    Nostalgia Rulez

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Ooh, nice update. Wait, weren't those tiles in RSE, like Vendanturf town or something? I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyways, got anything for me to beta test? I've got some spare time — well, technically I should be studying for finals — so I can play through whatever you've got and find any errors.
    P.S. I didn't provide proof in my application before so here's a bug report I did for Genesis. And that's only the very beginning of the hack ;)

Huh. They did look familiar... xD I saw them on Genesis (I'm such a stealer) and thought they looked good in a river town, so there ya go. :D

OH, and sure, you got the top beta tester position. You seem to be really good at that kind of stuff. xD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Huh. They did look familiar... xD I saw them on Genesis (I'm such a stealer) and thought they looked good in a river town, so there ya go. :D

OH, and sure, you got the top beta tester position. You seem to be really good at that kind of stuff. xD
    I like to think that I pay close attention to details. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Sooooooooooooo......got any work for me? I need something to do while I procrastinate my studying :) If you want, you can just give me the latest patch and I'll write up a formal report later while you continue to work on it. Luckily, beta testing isn't something that requires only one person to be working on a project at a single time.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ^^

Well, the new tiles look nice, NC. And the name's going to be changed to Moonlight, too?

You'd better inform Adam, 'cuz you don't want a HotW award with the wrong name. :D

..was forced to post this by NC..

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Ninja Catipie can controlz you withz is mind 0.o
    Wow thats a very detailed bug report colcolstyles
    Hopefully you can find all the bugs and kill them.

Back