• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    And how long will the server maintenance last? Also, about A-Trainer: can you add new battles instead of editing existing ones?

Around one day. The site is already up and running as usual.

Anyways, HackMew, that was a nice bit of ASM there. I can't wait to see what else you can do ;)

Thank you :)

A-Trainer is kinda buggy with Emerald... The new trainer I created was named charmander in the game, opposed to the name I gave him o_O. And half of the times, when you edit a trainer, it bugs/edits the first/last pokemon of the next trainer.

Regarding trainer names... that happens because I didn't notice a few extra pointers to the names. There are dozens of them that need to be replaced when repointing the trainer table. Both things should be fixed, let me know if you find anything else.

For the Sprite+Palette hack, would you need to make a routine for every different OW sprite you plan to change to?

That routine was specifically made for the player. Of course any sprite could be actually changed, editing the routine(s) a little.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Wow...
    This had everything I needed...
    AND MORE! :D
    Thank you so much, Hack Mew!

Genesis_1234

We're all crazy...To a degree.
    Years
  • Hey... A little help please...

Hey HackMew! Thanks for the tools, they're really cool, but I have a slight problem... When I go to edit some script on a Pokemon Advance Rom (e.g. Pokemon FireRed), and I want to change, for example, what a signpost would read in the game, how do I make sure that all changes are actually saved to the ROM itself (not just be saved as an rbc*, rbh*, rbt* file...)?

p.s.: it's obvious that I've never hacked before, but your guide for the XSE was very helpful...

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
    Years
  • I've got a question about unLZ-GBA
    I wanted to change some Pokemon Sprites in Pokemon Emerald but the Pokemon haven't got the correct colors. I always have to search for the right colors, but that takes very long.
    So is there another way to find the right colors??

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • HackMew, this is interesting.
    I used A-Trainer in my FR ROM.
    I pressed Save, then I tried to open it. It's full of free space!
    In Hex Editor, I can only see FF FF FF FF FF FF...
    Please help!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    HackMew, this is interesting.
    I used A-Trainer in my FR ROM.
    I pressed Save, then I tried to open it. It's full of free space!
    In Hex Editor, I can only see FF FF FF FF FF FF...
    Please help!

1. Don't panic.
    2. Get a working backup.
    3. Tell me what did you do exactly in order to reproduce what you did.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    1. Don't panic.
    2. Get a working backup.
    3. Tell me what did you do exactly in order to reproduce what you did.
    Thanks, I'd be dead without my backup :)

1. I inserted the Silver sprite you posted in the Resources. I replaced Flannery's sprite.
    2. I opened A-Trainer.
    3. I renamed a trainer named BEN, number 059. I renamed it to ???.
    4. I changed the picture and gave him a Guard Spec.
    5. I gave him a Sneasel level 3, normal attacks, 10 AI.
    6. I gave him a Totodile level 4, normal attacks, 27 AI.
    7. I pressed Save a few times (I feel better if I press it multiple times)
    8. I opened it in VBA, it said something ARM is 00 and it's not supported.

That's it, I hope it helps.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey, have you figured the trouble I'm having with my batch compiler? Although, it's not a big deal since I can compile the normal way and I usually compile one script at a time.

Also when A-Trainer repoints the trainer table. does it remove the old one?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Hey, have you figured the trouble I'm having with my batch compiler? Although, it's not a big deal since I can compile the normal way and I usually compile one script at a time.

Also when A-Trainer repoints the trainer table. does it remove the old one?

What problem with the batch compiler? I have been using it since the first release INSTEAD of the normal one, and everything is fine on my end... what is up?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • What problem with the batch compiler? I have been using it since the first release INSTEAD of the normal one, and everything is fine on my end... what is up?

I've already told Andrea this but ever since I rebuilt my computer the batch compiler doesn't work. When I click on it XSE immediately closes :\

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    It's better that you just learn to script, insted of copying/clicking stuff. It's a way better way to get your scripting skills up, believe me.

wat i meant was like when u do givepokemon it shows u a the pokemon and their script thingys so u kno which number to input,cuz when i tried to make a give mew hidden in a truck and instead all i got was glitch central lol

anyways maybe you can teach me to script?

hey hack mew i love all your tools! but i was wondering if you could make advanced mart to not need:
    COMCTL32
    if you could id really appreciate it mate ^_^

Last edited:
    Back