• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Every conversation is about Cornered because Cornered is everything

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I hope people join your RP, Jauntier! It's going to be lots of fun and I hope it kicks off because it's going to be lots of fun!

Now you're a charming kind of cute. Thank you for the blessing.

BREN-BREN

Jaunt, you're as perfect as my legible font choice

Yeah, again, if people just apply themselves everything'll be fine.

Get down on your knees LET'S HAVE A CONVERSATION, THEN. Bring the pics back! I assume we won't be building the same things as last time.

Also for some reason the Chimecho sprite in my signature isn't showing up for me. Yesterday it was fine. My fault or PC's? Can ya'll see it?

Your font is perfect.

Ahhh, all the events are the same. What people decide to create, though, will be up to them.

It's there, slithering about.

Years
If in two weeks I don't get another three fitting applications, I'll have to scrap everything and take this idea elsewhere, in truth.

I feel that even with five people we can make this work. And it may be that once we actually get things going, a couple people might join late as well.

Disclosed said:
Jaunt, you're as perfect as my legible font choice

Don't mean to criticize or anything, but I do have a bit of a hard time reading your font Disclosed. If you use that, do you mind upping the font size by 1? Might help. :D

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I feel that even with five people we can make this work. And it may be that once we actually get things going, a couple people might join late as well.

My original kickoff requirement is 8 persons.

But I suppose if I have to get scrappy, 6 will do. I just don't want a situation where I send someone to do a mission and only two players are left on either team to hold down the fort, you know? I feel the load I'd want to put out to reflect the business of the plot would be too much a juggle.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Well, we'll see. People said they found the idea interesting. That said, it doesn't mean most people are willing to join something that isn't the typical type of role-play, so they stave off in favor of some big journey role-play modeled after the franchise. Formula is my competition.

That's why I joined. This breaks the formula I'm used to and takes me out of my comfort zone(never played a Pokemon for one) so I can improve as a writer; and I'm sure people can see I need a lot of improvement!

My original kickoff requirement is 8 persons.

But I suppose if I have to get scrappy, 6 will do. I just don't want a situation where I send someone to do a mission and only two players are left on either team to hold down the fort, you know? I feel the load I'd want to put out to reflect the business of the plot would be too much a juggle.

I'm sure with six we can handle it. I mean, how many Pokemon does it take to run a corner store?

Also, don't hate on nirvana. I grew up with that S***

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Don't mean to criticize or anything, but I do have a bit of a hard time reading your font Disclosed. If you use that, do you mind upping the font size by 1? Might help. :D

That makes this the third complaint in the last twenty-four hours about Shadows Into Light. In other words, I am never, ever changing my font choice, ever, in any shape or form. Gotta learn to work around, DUSTy.

I also like how whenever I bring up my font is when someone chooses to complain. It's like they see an opening and go for it.

Jaunt, you're the scrappiest person I know.

It doesn't make much sense for Chimecho to move like a snake when it's literally an animate wind charm, but I bet if its parent were an Arbok or something that would justify it. I'm not doing that though; I've already decided Rina's parents.

Cornered! used Mold Breaker. We'll see how effective it is. But another thing I like about Cornered is how it puts Pokemon in a role that would usually be occupied by humans. Pokemon are just like any fantastical creature (except these ones are copyrighted), so it's fun to imagine them in a universe where they'd be living as we would.

Teenage Mesprit

Years
Disclosed, I'm not asking you to change the font you are using, just increase the font size to make it a little easier to read. It is a really nice looking font, I just think that the letters are close together, and it would be easier to read if it were a larger size.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
That makes this the third complaint in the last twenty-four hours about Shadows Into Light. In other words, I am never, ever changing my font choice, ever, in any shape or form. Gotta learn to work around, DUSTy.

I also like how whenever I bring up my font is when someone chooses to complain. It's like they see an opening and go for it.

Jaunt, you're the scrappiest person I know.

It doesn't make much sense for Chimecho to move like a snake when it's literally an animate wind charm, but I bet if its parent were an Arbok or something that would justify it. I'm not doing that though; I've already decided Rina's parents.

Cornered! used Mold Breaker. We'll see how effective it is. But another thing I like about Cornered is how it puts Pokemon in a role that would usually be occupied by humans. Pokemon are just like any fantastical creature (except these ones are copyrighted), so it's fun to imagine them in a universe where they'd be living as we would.

Teenage Mesprit

Petition PokeCommunity to destroy its own font choices, lol.

It's supposed to be its little tassel limb waving in the wind, but you can only do so much with two square blocks for PMD character sprites.

That's why academy role-plays are such a popular cancer. You can take anything of any canon universe and put them into some dumb high school and people sign up because most of the participants are in high school anyway, so it's all they can relate to by experience. Why not something like a low-level, minimum wage retail job, where you have a constant stream of tragic customers in their own right? That's like double the drama everyone wants.

That's why I joined. This breaks the formula I'm used to and takes me out of my comfort zone(never played a Pokemon for one) so I can improve as a writer; and I'm sure people can see I need a lot of improvement!

I'm sure with six we can handle it. I mean, how many Pokemon does it take to run a corner store?

Also, don't hate on nirvana. I grew up with that S***

Oh, I do appreciate the enthusiasm, really. I think you're going to have a good time, mate.

I don't know. By comparison to real life, can a specialty macabre shop run on three employees and an owner during the eve of Halloween? Can a florist's shop run on three employees and an owner during Valentine's Day? That's what this fictional Summer Festival is going to be like, but you know, I can only do so much to convey that anyway. It won't be as hectic in the morning, but when we hit lunch time, a full cast is most definitely preferred for what I want to throw at you lot. We will see.

IS IT EMO OR GRUNGE?

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
My parents won't let me listen to Nirvana. Will I still be able to participate in this RP if I don't listen to Nirvana?

STARDU5T, if you dislike Disclosed's font, you can quote it or copy and paste it into a blank notepad file. That way you can see what she is saying without too much trouble.
I, for one, like your font choices, Disclosed. They are refreshing, and your commitment is entertainment: I'm trying to guess how long before you give up on it.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Brendan, save that Snatch Game for your PMD shopkeep-lookin Kecleon, hunty. No tea, no shade.

Christ. I had a dream about this role-play, that some bozo signed up as the leaser of the two shops, and his character's faceclaim was a picture of Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians, and he was seriously trying to play as my bosses' boss.

When I start dreaming of the worst...

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
...just increase the font size to make it a little easier to read...

Sweetie, you don't understand. If I, in any way, alter my font choice it would show my dependence on an organization of power, making my next-gen anarchist training all for naught.

Not that you would want to read my OOC posts anyway

That's why academy role-plays are such a popular cancer. You can take anything of any canon universe and put them into some dumb high school and people sign up because most of the participants are in high school anyway, so it's all they can relate to by experience. Why not something like a low-level, minimum wage retail job, where you have a constant stream of tragic customers in their own right? That's like double the drama everyone wants.

BITCH, YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR LIVES

Low-level? I was promised gold, yo

We don't need no stuffed shop to run shop

AND WHAT WILL HIS BROKE-ASS FACE LOOK LIKE WHEN HE DIES?

My parents won't let me listen to Nirvana. Will I still be able to participate in this RP if I don't listen to Nirvana?

you're missing out

mosquito labito

I don't work to entertain you, boi. I entertain myself as a strong, independent woman should.

Christ. I had a dream about this role-play, that some bozo signed up as the leaser of the two shops, and his character's faceclaim was a picture of Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians, and he was seriously trying to play as my bosses' boss.

Real talk, though. Jack Frost is the most underrated Pokemon ever, no one even mentions him but he gets STAB Ice Beam really early and has the best Speed stat of every Ice type. Very optimal sweeper.

I'd boss you around ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
BITCH, YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR LIVES

Low-level? I was promised gold, yo

We don't need no stuffed shop to run shop

AND WHAT WILL HIS BROKE-ASS FACE LOOK LIKE WHEN HE DIES?[/font]

You get two Leppa berries for your bi-weekly pay. I hope you like the flavor before it somehow confuses you What a great game mechanic.

Alright, Holmes. I won't be whack, yo.

CAMERA CAN'T HANDLE HIM

No one bosses me around, but they're free to boss others around as long as they all can settle it civilly. Otherwise, I storm in for the 'doze.

Years
Sweetie, you don't understand. If I, in any way, alter my font choice it would show my dependence on an organization of power, making my next-gen anarchist training all for naught.

Not that you would want to read my OOC posts anyway

I...really don't get what you mean. How would changing your font do anything like that? Besides, I'm just asking if you wouldn't mind increasing the size a bit, I don't see how that changes anything.

Sorry if I offended you or anything, just making a suggestion.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I...really don't get what you mean. How would changing your font do anything like that? Besides, I'm just asking if you wouldn't mind increasing the size a bit, I don't see how that changes anything.

Sorry if I offended you or anything, just making a suggestion.

maF1mXI.png

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Good that it resolved itself.

I'm currently thinking of whether or not I should introduce the mothers of the shop owners at some point. You know. The real bosses' bosses.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I hear enough nagging in the real world don't need it coming into the RP too!

"You better pay these poor souls more than two leppa berries or so help me I'm going to give you the biggest whooping, I don't care how old you are look at all the hard work they do you should be ashamed in yourself and don't get me started on how dirty it is in here........." Etc etc...

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Now now, I said good that it resolved itself. Don't kick up dust, you lot.

I have to come up with fitting names for their mothers. Amaryllis' mother I already know what it will be, because they're all beautiful flower names. That, and I know her personality. Idk about Castiel's.

Oooh, that reminds me of the... hmm... 10 o'clock time frame. Oh, that's going to be good. I don't want to spoil it, either, heee.

You all are free to speculate and throw around some ideas in the mean time. And for God's sake invite people.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
I'm not kicking; I'm lightly nudging. There's a difference. It's what my father told me to say when I got in trouble for nudging my little sister onto the highway. It would have worked, too.

Castiel's mother should be called Plessur.

Back