• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#2 - Poll closed!

Which Forum Frontier do you want to see next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Welcome back to the Forum Frontier! We've had a few months with The Mall now and it's still got a few more weeks in the spotlight, so be sure you get in there and see all the fun topics and events going on! The Mall will be around until around June 12th, so get in there and shop, eat, and get healthy! As the end of The Mall's time approaches, we'll decide if it will remain as an official forum or be retired.

Because we're approaching the end of one, it's also time to start thinking of beginning anew: It's time to start choosing the next forum to try out! Remember: it can be anything from Pets to Pokemon Shipping to Creative Works to Cartography to Calligraphy. If it doesn't have an explicit forum on PC (don't suggest a Welcome forum, for example), it's fair game. Even if there are technically other places on PC to discuss something (you can talk about pets in Treehouse), if you think it would work well as its own forum then post it.

This thread is to brainstorm, talk to each other about things, and try to figure out what you want to nominate!

At any time in this thread, you can put in a full nomination for a new forum! The nomination should look like this:
    What type of forum are you nominating? (Pets, Shipping, etc.)
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?

In about a week, after discussions have happened and everyone has had a chance to discuss all the various choices and nominations, we will put together a poll in this same thread for members to vote on! We may exclude options that are not appropriate, break rules, too similar to a current forum in general, etc.

After another week or so, the top voted for option will become the next Forum Frontier!

Years
  • One of the popular choices last Forum Frontier were science-based ideas? Although they were kind of too specific for broad appeal imo (Such as a Space-only forum) so how about a General Sciences forum? People could talk in-depth and share articles about all kinds of things relating to any field of science.

Years
  • Anyone up to end the endless debate and make a music forum? :)

I too would like to never have that debate again. However, I'd rather see it done like this

What type of forum are you nominating? Creative Media
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Similar to A&D but instead of focusing on your typical visual arts it will focus on artistic media such as music production, animation and film. Much the same as A&D, I imagine people would create galleries showcasing their work and tutorial threads to help others. Collaborative projects and competitions could also be hosted.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Honestly I'd just call it Creative Media considering where it's going.

Dunno if we're allowed to make multiple suggestions, but there's also quite a lot members on PC who are interested in tabletop gaming. So I'll also suggest

What type of forum are you nominating? Tabletop Gaming/Board Games etc
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: I'm not the most knowledgable on tabletop games, but basically all the related stuff. Throw in boardgames and the like to make it a little less niche.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Tabletop Gaming

Maybe count the first one as Johnny's suggestion since I just built on that ;)

Years
  • Just to give it the full nomination treatment:

What type of forum are you nominating? Space
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: planets (Favorite planet, Design-a-Planet), astronomy (maybe an informal astronomy 101 kind of series of lessons), astrology (What's your sign?), stargazing, alien life (Do aliens exist? Design-an-Alien), space travel (Would you live on Mars?), science fiction (Favorite book/movie/etc.), and spaceships (another design-your-own).
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The Moonbase

Spoiler:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    what demographic would a space forum really have? I feel like the subject matter would be super narrow, I mean dude the mall is incredibly broad and we already ran out of things to talk about lmao

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I too would like to never have that debate again. However, I'd rather see it done like this

Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Similar to A&D but instead of focusing on your typical visual arts it will focus on artistic media such as music production, animation and film. Much the same as A&D, I imagine people would create galleries showcasing their work and tutorial threads to help others. Collaborative projects and competitions could also be hosted.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Honestly I'd just call it Creative Media considering where it's going.

Dunno if we're allowed to make multiple suggestions, but there's also quite a lot members on PC who are interested in tabletop gaming. So I'll also suggest

What type of forum are you nominating? Tabletop Gaming/Board Games etc
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: I'm not the most knowledgable on tabletop games, but basically all the related stuff. Throw in boardgames and the like to make it a little less niche.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Tabletop Gaming

Maybe count the first one as Johnny's suggestion since I just built on that ;)

Two fantastic ideas I would love to see as part of the Forum Frontier.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • What type of forum are you nominating? Literature.
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Talking about books, e-books, etc. I feel like a section dedicated to published books would be a very interesting experiment, because I'm sure we have a ton of bookworms here, right?
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The Library.

And while we're at it...

What type of forum are you nominating?: Fictional Media (Superheros).
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: A place where you talk about superheroes and supervillians. Maybe once every two weeks, members can hold a create your own superhero/supervillain contest.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: The Bat Cave.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

i'd much rather this than Let's Make a Music Forum While Still Keeping GE Around
    +1

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    A science forum (includes discussions of geography, astronomy, nature, animalia, plantae and so on)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What type of forum are you nominating? A Shipping / Love / Romantic Forum
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Basically, you would have them shipping threads all put in that forum, The Pairing thread could also be moved there, threads about love life, suggestions for getting some love. DEFINITELY NO R-18 THREADS... unless the mods want to ;)
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The Love Shack

Sirfetch’d

Joining in on the petitioning for a General Science forum here! I don't really feel like we need one just for space, that could easily go in it as well. Also, we could call it The Lab.

The Laboratory imo! Though The Lab is really cool and to the point.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Came here to nominate a tabletop gaming forum again, but it seems Gimme beat me to it.

I'm totally seconding the General Sciences forum as well. Should be fun to expand my field and learn a bit more about the sciences I'm not really into.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I was thinking if we did a Tabletop forum, how cool would it be to create our own board game? Like a create-a-game event or something. Could try to play it with a host/game master to help move pieces and whatnot. idk. :P Just an idea!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • What type of forum are you nominating? (Pets, Shipping, etc.) Japanese Culture
    Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: I know we have Anime & Manga, but the problem is that it doesn't cover other things in Japanese culture. General Entertainment would be a good start, but most of the time threads get buried under other topics. Not many people really want to post Japanese culture related stuff. This forum could focus on music, fashion, food, Japanese television (like J-dramas, not anime/manga)... anything that relates to Japan's culture. :3 I just want there to be more to Japanese culture than what we have going. Mostly because that's also where pokemon originates from as well. It seems reasonable to have a forum dedicated to this.
    If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Japanese Culture (maybe)

Back