• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • As far as sequels go, it usually takes a year and a half, maybe two years tops, to release them. Unless they do a remake of said game in-between. Most likely how the Advance Generation was, Ruby and Saphire came out in 2003(Japan was in 2002), then FRLG in 2004 and finally Emerald in 2005. This is just me speculating, but this is only if they take their time on a re-make. SO I would say 2 years is enough. However, if they go directly for a sequel, I'd say 1 year is enough time to round up the ideas and make it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As far as sequels go, it usually takes a year and a half, maybe two years tops, to release them. Unless they do a remake of said game in-between. Most likely how the Advance Generation was, Ruby and Saphire came out in 2003(Japan was in 2002), then FRLG in 2004 and finally Emerald in 2005. This is just me speculating, but this is only if they take their time on a re-make. SO I would say 2 years is enough. However, if they go directly for a sequel, I'd say 1 year is enough time to round up the ideas and make it.
    Adding that Emerald was released in Japan in 2004 just like FrLG but in September...it'll be interesting if they did that again and we got Z in early 2015 and remakes late 2015 (maybe holiday season).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Riiiight guys let's try to remember this thread is for discussing Pokémon X & Y news, if y'all want to talk about Ruby & Sapphire remakes then you can discuss it here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    As far as sequels go, it usually takes a year and a half, maybe two years tops, to release them. Unless they do a remake of said game in-between. Most likely how the Advance Generation was, Ruby and Saphire came out in 2003(Japan was in 2002), then FRLG in 2004 and finally Emerald in 2005. This is just me speculating, but this is only if they take their time on a re-make. SO I would say 2 years is enough. However, if they go directly for a sequel, I'd say 1 year is enough time to round up the ideas and make it.

I believe at this point that they already are planning the sequel when the current games are finishing up.

They probably save all new ideas that pop up mid-development for the sequel games.

Years
  • We maybe getting a third version again...or at least a single sequel...as Zygarde seems complete. Also could Zygarde's name come from Zygote? It sort of reminds me a bit of a fetus...if so then maybe it's got another forme like Giratina, or maybe a Mega.

Btw are there any Gen V Mega Evolutions seen?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Think now is a good time to bail out of the spoiler threads. Finished with the pokemon so all we're going to get now is really detailed plot spoilers probably. :/

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I was reading some Spanish reviews of X & Y to see if the reviewers had some information about the game and I came upon this review.

http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/analisis/15414/0/pokemon-x-pokemon-y/

The new things I could take from his review are these.

1. Luminose City is quite large, he says there are taxis which take you to different parts of the city.

2. A downswing machine type item is coming back for X & Y.

3. In Pokemon Amie there's 3 mini games in total, each mini game has different levels.

4. There's this feature called Bastion Battle which apparently are these very high level matches with NPCs in certain parts of the map. Winning these battles will reward you with titles which your friends can see.

5. We get a new way to trade called Prodigious Trade. The way it works is that you trade a pokemon and in return receive one random pokemon, you could called it Mystery Trade.

6. There's an Online feature called Combat Area, as I've read it it's apparently a sort of a Leaderboard.

For sake of discussion I've figure I would repost this since it got kinda overlooked. Im specially interested in the Bastion Battle feature, if they are giving us honorary titles for winning this matches they might be pretty difficult, hopefully leveled matches.

Years
  • Nope, no Gen V Mega-Evo yet! But i'm sure there will be some

I feel like there may not be any...seeing they didn't show any off when they announced them...as they had one of every gen...and three Gen 3 ones FTW! Maybe in the next games we'll see Gen V and Gen VI Megas :3.

Bastion battles sounds interesting. The titles reminds me of the MII games as they too have titles...

Years
  • For sake of discussion I've figure I would repost this since it got kinda overlooked. Im specially interested in the Bastion Battle feature, if they are giving us honorary titles for winning this matches they might be pretty difficult, hopefully leveled matches.

Wait, so Mystery Trade is a random way to do trading,right? Isn't that risky? For all we know, you could trade lets say a Tyranitar, and get a Caterpie in return. Unless the trading is done randomly by the quality, level, or how the powerful the Pokemon is. It doesn't feel like a win-win situation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    For sake of discussion I've figure I would repost this since it got kinda overlooked. Im specially interested in the Bastion Battle feature, if they are giving us honorary titles for winning this matches they might be pretty difficult, hopefully leveled matches.
    as we are bringing stuff back up that got overlooked i previously mentioned new types of encounters such as dark areas in the glittering cave and shadowy patches on the ground that chase you and when they catch up to you you fight a Pokemon in a desert esque area near lumiose also on Pokemon amie apparently having max effection can let your Pokemon shrug off status effects without you needing to use any item as well as increasing crit chance

Years
  • as we are bringing stuff back up that got overlooked i previously mentioned new types of encounters such as dark areas in the glittering cave and shadowy patches on the ground that chase you and when they catch up to you you fight a Pokemon in a desert esque area near lumiose also on Pokemon amie apparently having max effection can let your Pokemon shrug off status effects without you needing to use any item as well as increasing crit chance
    Wow! If that amie stuff is indeed true then status will be less useful this generation...

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I feel like there may not be any...seeing they didn't show any off when they announced them...as they had one of every gen...and three Gen 3 ones FTW! Maybe in the next games we'll see Gen V and Gen VI Megas :3.

You know, since nobody caught all the catch-able pokémons, nobody knows the full list of Mega-Evos! So we can think we'll discover some in the next weeks :)

Wait, so Mystery Trade is a random way to do trading,right? Isn't that risky? For all we know, you could trade lets say a Tyranitar, and get a Caterpie in return. Unless the trading is done randomly by the quality, level, or how the powerful the Pokemon is. It doesn't feel like a win-win situation.

This is a total random way to do trading!
    I guess they wanted to add some suspense to the trading because we'll never know what we'll have :)
    Sometimes it's not going to be fair, that's why you shouldn't trade rare pokémon in that kind of trading.

This one will be for fun, but for "usual" trading you'd better use the Global Link :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Wow! If that amie stuff is indeed true then status will be less useful this generation...
    tbh in bw2 i never really had to deal with status' so it doesnt do much in game but it seems like a fairly big deal in comp battles lets hope for their sake there is a way to know if it is at that level so they can ban them or make people ruin their friendship before battles lol

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Mystery trades soud cool but will most likely be abused. I hope that status part of that rumor isn't true, that be pointless to have since all the pokemon would be invincible to them. Also for anyone who wants to see, here is the image sparking rumors that everything is fake:

hDA1B39B0

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014

The reviewer didn't specify if this was offline trading or online trading. To me its just a fun way to trade. Im pretty sure we all end up with a lot of useless pokemon in our box or repeats, this way you don't have to release them and get a mystery pokemon in return.

as we are bringing stuff back up that got overlooked i previously mentioned new types of encounters such as dark areas in the glittering cave and shadowy patches on the ground that chase you and when they catch up to you you fight a Pokemon in a desert esque area near lumiose also on Pokemon amie apparently having max effection can let your Pokemon shrug off status effects without you needing to use any item as well as increasing crit chance

I hope they don't implement those Pokemon Amie effects online. It could get very annoying.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Also for anyone who wants to see, here is the image sparking rumors that everything is fake:

hDA1B39B0

We already discussed that picture today, there was some kind of an argument ahah

All we can say about it is: let's wait for Saturday and we'll see by ourselves :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back