• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yes, they will sparkle when you first encounter them, be aware though that some pokemon's shiny versions have very little difference and can be hard to distinguish from their normal versions. As long as you watch the intro to the battle you should be able to tell though, happy shiny hunting! :)

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • Uhmm, I just received my cool Tyrunt but... The Rock/Dragon Pokémon Tyrunt can learn the FAIRY move charm.
    I just thought that0s crazy cause Fairy is super effective against Dragon.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Uhmm, I just received my cool Tyrunt but... The Rock/Dragon Pokémon Tyrunt can learn the FAIRY move charm.
    I just thought that0s crazy cause Fairy is super effective against Dragon.

It's normal, Goodra can learn Blizzard, Dragonite can learn Ice Punch, Samurott can learn a Grass Knot. Not much a big deal there buddy.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Does anyone know how many PC boxes you can get in this game? I was hoping to get one of every Pokemon, like I did with Black, although if there isn't enough storage space I don't want to start mass breeding and catching if I won't be able to finish.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    is anyone else having trouble connecting to the internet in game its been trying to connect for over 5 minutes and just doesn't?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Yep. All my Shinies have been very noticeable. That being said, some aren't , so like they said you gotta keep an eye open at the very beginning of battle.

Remember though, Shinies are redicilously rare (probably slightly less so now, as the chances of finding one goes up every generation). It's kinda like winning the lottery, so most people won't see one in their lifetime.

I've caught 4 of em though, so don't give up hope

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Does anyone know how many PC boxes you can get in this game? I was hoping to get one of every Pokemon, like I did with Black, although if there isn't enough storage space I don't want to start mass breeding and catching if I won't be able to finish.

From what I can see, there are only 7 boxes. I do think this is quite strange so maybe I'm wrong.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    The other boxes get op unlocked if you have at least one pokemon in all of them.
    I just tried that; it didn't work =/
    EDIT: Nevermind; you have to log off and on again. xD

I figured that you'd unlock more as you filled them up, since that happened in previous games, but I'm not sure if there would be enough for all 718 of the things. Although Black had space for 720, so there is no real reason for them to suddenly decrease the number of available boxes...asides Pokemon Bank coming out.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I just tried that; it didn't work =/

I figured that you'd unlock more as you filled them up, since that happened in previous games, but I'm not sure if there would be enough for all 718 of the things. Although Black had space for 720, so there is no real reason for them to suddenly decrease the number of available boxes...asides Pokemon Bank coming out.

Can you put Pokemon FROM X/Y into the Pokemon Bank?

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Can you put Pokemon FROM X/Y into the Pokemon Bank?
    I think so...I know it lets you take Pokemon off older games and put them on newer ones, so it'd be a bit silly if you couldn't put Pokemon from X and Y onto Bank.

Anyways, to answer my own question (since I just filled all the boxes out) for myself and anyone curious: there are 32 boxes, including the Battle Box. That's space for 937 Pokemon. Well over 718, then. xD

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I think so...I know it lets you take Pokemon off older games and put them on newer ones, so it'd be a bit silly if you couldn't put Pokemon from X and Y onto Bank.

Anyways, to answer my own question (since I just filled all the boxes out) for myself and anyone curious: there are 32 boxes, including the Battle Box. That's space for 937 Pokemon. Well over 718, then. xD

Oh cool. I hope I'll be able to trade Pokemon from Y to X then using 1 3DS. :p

How do you get more boxes? By filling them?

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Oh cool. I hope I'll be able to trade Pokemon from Y to X then using 1 3DS. :p

How do you get more boxes? By filling them?
    Hopefully so...although since I've had two handhelds since the GBA era (one for me, one for my mother. xD) it wouldn't be a problem for me =P

Yeah, just put one Pokemon in each box, log out, then log in again. I went up to 32, which I'm going to assume is the maximum~

Iondragon said:
    Anyone know where I can find Deino at, if hes even in the game?
    You need to breed Zweilous or Hydreigon, I think...both are along Victory Road. Zweilous is inside, and Hydreigon will randomly divebomb you outside. Both are around level 60.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back