• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Hmm I guess you do know alot about letting a Riolu evolve into Lucario already, but it may help catching one in, for example, a Luxury Ball or another PokeBall that increases friendly-ness.

Therefore, I think you do know already enough (since you've already evolved one) but maybe this will help letting your other Riolu evolve more quickly?

Riolu only evolves into a Lucario when it is Day time (morning-noon), make sure he never looses in a battle, when you walk 200 steps with your Riolu in your party it's happiness also increases, play alot with it in Pokemon amie, give it a Soothe Bell.

I sure hope this will help you out in case you've missed some aspects ;)

Jett311

Gaming since 1994
    Years
    Happiness and Affection are 2 different stats. Affection is obtained through Aimee. Hapiness through original methods. The easiest way I found to raise Happiness quickly was to Breed a and hatch their egg. Then take it out to battle.

I did this method for my eevees. Farmed for 1 male and 1 female eevee, breed them and got 5 eggs. Waited for all of them to hatch, and then 1 at a time I took them out leveling. It took about 1 hour to level it to lvl 1-18 and it evolved into umbreon and another one evolved at lvl 15 into espeon.

So my guess is, when they hatch with you their happiness starts off at a good number. Then you just level from there. I had 5 level 1 eevees (do not PC your pokemon or let them die, it will lower their happiness) and 1 level 33 Combusken, and I put the 1st one I wanted to level at the 1st slot, and combusken at the last slot. Then went to the wild and when I encountered a pokemon I switched to Combusken to annihlate the pokemon and level my eevee.

Hope this helps :) If you find this method easy, be sure to share it with others.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Actually you can in fact store your Pokemon WITHOUT decreasing happiness, storing your Pokemon won't affect the happiness of your Pokemon, actually trading them to a friend would. So you don't have to worry storing your Pokemon, the hapinness level will still be the same.

Although I also agree with Jett311 on the fact that it may be easier to egg Pokemon that need to be raised with happiness, just to have a bigger chance on an "early-level" happiness evolution. I also have always done this method (especially Eevee, mine evolved between Lv: 10 - 12 in Espeon/Umbreon), it's very effective ;)

Jett311

Gaming since 1994
    Years
    Actually you can in fact store your Pokemon WITHOUT decreasing happiness, storing your Pokemon won't affect the happiness of your Pokemon, actually trading them to a friend would. So you don't have to worry storing your Pokemon, the hapinness level will still be the same.)

My apologies, when I was reserching happiness, in generation I games depsoiting into PC decreased the happiness by 5 to 10, I assumed that it continued onto other generations. Thanks for clearing that up its good to know :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If anyone wants to know, I found what looks to be the moss rock in the forest after the 8th gym town.

It's pretty bad how long you have to wait to evolve your eevee into a leafeon...

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Where do I get the Gems like the Flying Gem?

I think gems are available in fifth-generation games only, kind of like how apricorns—items used for making special type of Poké Balls—were exclusive to gen. two games. If gems were actually accessible in Pokémon X and Y, then we would have found them already. They could be there as hidden items, but you'll never know unless you go treasure hunting with the Dowsing Machine.

Right now, the only way to get a hold of these gems is by transferring them to your game from either B/W or B2/W2. There's a catch, though—you actually won't be able to transfer anything from those games until they launch Pokémon Bank at the end of December. So, I guess you'll just have to be a little patient and wait. d:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I have a quick questions

I have bested the E4, but I cannot find the hidden Mega Stones like Pinsirnite. The main one I am wondering about is Gyaradosnite. It is suppose to be in the one town, but I go to the place it is suppose to be, but can't find it. I know I am in the correct place because I have watched videos about it. I have even tried between 8 and 9 and still can't find it.

Is there other things I have to do to find it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2013
    How can you tell if a pokemon is shiny?

Is there a symbol or something when you encounter one?

Is it obvious when you see a shiny pokemon?

Id hate to miss one just because i didnt know the colour variation.
    Thanks

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Iceman, I read something about a mega ring upgrade that allows you to identify mega stones. I don't know anything else but maybe try visiting the tower of mastery?

Also can anyone tell me what HMs are necessary to get through victory road?

Years
    While I was trolling around with wonder trade, I decided to do a random battle then I got the error 006-0112 which tells me to move near the access point, which clearly I'm sitting next to it, is there any other explanation regarding this?

That error just cost me a trade, I could've got a Squirtle by now -_-

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Iceman, I read something about a mega ring upgrade that allows you to identify mega stones. I don't know anything else but maybe try visiting the tower of mastery?

Also can anyone tell me what HMs are necessary to get through victory road?

Strength and Surf.

Where do I get Cut? ._.

I've gone through the whole game.
    I don't have it.
    Where it be? D:

Years
    I have a quick questions

I have bested the E4, but I cannot find the hidden Mega Stones like Pinsirnite. The main one I am wondering about is Gyaradosnite. It is suppose to be in the one town, but I go to the place it is suppose to be, but can't find it. I know I am in the correct place because I have watched videos about it. I have even tried between 8 and 9 and still can't find it.

Is there other things I have to do to find it?

After you beat the Elite Four, Professor Sycamore will call you to come meet him at the Lumiose Station, there he will give you the TMV Pass which will allow you to go to Kiloude City.

Once you arrive there, go to the Battle Maison and win a single battle there, after you do that interrupt your challenge and head on to the benches(get out and go up), your rival should show up there and defeat him.

After defeating your rival, go to Anistar City, and go to the sundial, there your Mega Ring will be uprgraded and you now have the ability to see Mega stones lying on the ground

Hope this helped

Strength and Surf.

Where do I get Cut? ._.

I've gone through the whole game.
    I don't have it.
    Where it be? D:

Cut can be found in the Parfum Palace garden, It's around the Chandelure pattern bushes

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Right now, the only way to get a hold of these gems is by transferring them to your game from either B/W or B2/W2. There's a catch, though—you actually won't be able to transfer anything from those games until they launch Pokémon Bank at the end of December. So, I guess you'll just have to be a little patient and wait. d:

It has been confirmed that items from Gen V can not be transfer to Gen VI games, like how Gen V games restricted those items from Gen IV games. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back